KBR in iraq

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 81 of 81)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

justaplumber in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

Finally,

A month past the initial departure date,

Today I received an Email that
"I have successfully completed the pre processing requirements and will be receiving travel arrangements no later than this Friday for processing on the upcoming Monday "

Now that I know that I am on my way,

Can anyone tell me,

Are personal laptops allowed on KBR posts in Iraq?

How secure is personal property? Lockers?, Footlockers?

If December 31 marks major US military pull out,

How does that effect us as civilian contractors?

Will they be sending us on to other projects, other companies, other countries, or home early?

Thanx,

Have a great day

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Johnny B Fury in Washington, District of Columbia

61 months ago

justaplumber in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Finally,

A month past the initial departure date,

Today I received an Email that
"I have successfully completed the pre processing requirements and will be receiving travel arrangements no later than this Friday for processing on the upcoming Monday "

Now that I know that I am on my way,

Can anyone tell me,

Are personal laptops allowed on KBR posts in Iraq?

How secure is personal property? Lockers?, Footlockers?

If December 31 marks major US military pull out,

How does that effect us as civilian contractors?

Will they be sending us on to other projects, other companies, other countries, or home early?

Thanx,

Have a great day

1) Personal laptops are allowed. Most people live in a CHU (containerized housing unit) which is enclosed with locking doors. However, keep in mind that the drawdown phase is ongoing country-wide. This means that living in a multi-person tent is always a possibility. I'd bring lockable luggage, as well as a something to lock your bag to your bed like a small combination bike cable or something. Tents are a worst case scenario, but are a possibility so be prepared.

2)Personal property is secure if you live in a CHU. In the past, I have seen footlockers in tents, but its not a guarantee. To be safe, you could pack your belongings in a footlocker to bring with you to make sure you have one. Some of the PX's (on-base store) have footlockers, but PX's are starting to close as the base closure process moves forward. There's no guarantee that you'll be able to find a footlocker once you get on-site since Iraq is drawing down and footlockers are being bought up for people to send belongings home in.

3) Continued below............

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Johnny B Fury in Washington, District of Columbia

61 months ago

3) December 31, 2011 is the end of the LOGCAP III project. This coincides with the military withdrawl. With no military in Iraq, that means there's no military to support, which means no more jobs. This is very important for you to know since you are a new hire. You should not automatically expect to be in Iraq beyond December 31, 2011. With that being said, KBR just won the Department of State support contract in Iraq. This contract goes into 2012 and probably even 2013. The DOS contract is much smaller than LOGCAP III, which means fewer jobs will be available. When LOGCAP III ends on December 31, the only way for you to stay in Iraq with KBR is to find a position on the DOS support contract. There won't be an automatic conversion...you'll have to apply just like everyone else. You'll definitely have a leg up over the stateside competition since you will already be in country. But your qualifications will be vetted. It won't be an automatic transfer.

The reality that you need to be aware of is that LOGCAP III is ending December 31, 2011. Many bases will close before then. Should you be lucky to be sited at a base that is open until December, then there's an opportunity to make some money still. But also be aware that you may not be sited at a base that stays open that long. That's the reality on the ground in Iraq. Go into it eyes wide open, and with ultimate flexibility, and you'll be fine. Just know that longevity is not guaranteed.

Good luck and congratulations on the new job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

justaplumber in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

Johnny B Fury in Washington, District of Columbia said: 3) December 31, 2011 is the end of the LOGCAP III project. This coincides with the military withdrawl. With no military in Iraq, that means there's no military to support, which means no more jobs. This is very important for you to know since you are a new hire. You should not automatically expect to be in Iraq beyond December 31, 2011. With that being said, KBR just won the Department of State support contract in Iraq. This contract goes into 2012 and probably even 2013. The DOS contract is much smaller than LOGCAP III, which means fewer jobs will be available. When LOGCAP III ends on December 31, the only way for you to stay in Iraq with KBR is to find a position on the DOS support contract. There won't be an automatic conversion...you'll have to apply just like everyone else. You'll definitely have a leg up over the stateside competition since you will already be in country. But your qualifications will be vetted. It won't be an automatic transfer.

The reality that you need to be aware of is that LOGCAP III is ending December 31, 2011. Many bases will close before then. Should you be lucky to be sited at a base that is open until December, then there's an opportunity to make some money still. But also be aware that you may not be sited at a base that stays open that long. That's the reality on the ground in Iraq. Go into it eyes wide open, and with ultimate flexibility, and you'll be fine. Just know that longevity is not guaranteed.

Good luck and congratulations on the new job!

Thank you and thanx for the reply.

I wish the best of luck to everyone in their endeavors and job search.

Have a great day

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

logimanager in Coppell, Texas

61 months ago

Johnny B Fury in Washington, District of Columbia said: 3) December 31, 2011 is the end of the LOGCAP III project. This coincides with the military withdrawl. With no military in Iraq, that means there's no military to support, which means no more jobs. This is very important for you to know since you are a new hire. You should not automatically expect to be in Iraq beyond December 31, 2011. With that being said, KBR just won the Department of State support contract in Iraq. This contract goes into 2012 and probably even 2013. The DOS contract is much smaller than LOGCAP III, which means fewer jobs will be available. When LOGCAP III ends on December 31, the only way for you to stay in Iraq with KBR is to find a position on the DOS support contract. There won't be an automatic conversion...you'll have to apply just like everyone else. You'll definitely have a leg up over the stateside competition since you will already be in country. But your qualifications will be vetted. It won't be an automatic transfer.

The reality that you need to be aware of is that LOGCAP III is ending December 31, 2011. Many bases will close before then. Should you be lucky to be sited at a base that is open until December, then there's an opportunity to make some money still. But also be aware that you may not be sited at a base that stays open that long. That's the reality on the ground in Iraq. Go into it eyes wide open, and with ultimate flexibility, and you'll be fine. Just know that longevity is not guaranteed.

Good luck and congratulations on the new job!

I have one question that I am curious about and that involves LOGCAP 4. Is there any mention of what is going on with LG4 in Iraq?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DESERT RAT IN LAS VEGAS

60 months ago

anybody know what is going on with the transfers from kbr to fluor? from IQ to afghan. if so, please respond. i hope it is just a rumor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

justaplumber in Erbil, Iraq

60 months ago

I am with KBR now in Erbil, transferred from Prosperity in Baghdad, just this week, on LogCap III, contract until 31 Dec 2011.

haven't heard anything, although I am in USMI involved and working on bases on the construct mode as opposed to the deconstruction phase.
Haven't heard anything, only rumors which are unreliable at best.
Although I curious like everyone else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

justaplumber in Erbil, Iraq

60 months ago

I am with KBR now in Erbil, transferred from Prosperity in Baghdad, just this week, on LogCap III, contract until 31 dec 2011.

haven;t heard anything, although I am in USMI involved and working on bases on the construct mode as opposed to the deconstruction phase.
Haven't heard anything, only rumors which are unreliable at best.
Although curious just like everyone else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

usmi in Houston, Texas

60 months ago

DESERT RAT IN LAS VEGAS said: anybody know what is going on with the transfers from kbr to fluor? from IQ to afghan. if so, please respond. i hope it is just a rumor.

Wow! Word gets around fast it seems. I work at HQ and yes and no...they just came up with an Memo of Argreement between DoS and DoD that killed workers, if they pass the new contractors work agreements will be able to transition over to Afghan it it's an Logcap contract DI or Fluor. We have to complile a massive list to submit to the Afghan people and those people will be contacted to see if they want to hire on with the new contractor )other than KBR) in Afghan..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

usmi in Houston, Texas

60 months ago

I meant skilled workers. It's not just for the average Joe...they are looking more at the specialized personnel like GENS, Carps Sparks AND construction...some payroll and some property specialists but not much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

DESERT RAT IN LAS VEGAS

60 months ago

the construction grape vine is the best information board.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DESERT RAT

59 months ago

is anybody out there? why is kbr still hireing when the drawdown is so close. they have alot of jobs for plumbers. i am in the works with fluor but there is a hold on all the trades right now. i think i will take a chance, what the heck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pepskins in New Orleans, Louisiana

59 months ago

DESERT RAT said: is anybody out there? why is kbr still hireing when the drawdown is so close. they have alot of jobs for plumbers. i am in the works with fluor but there is a hold on all the trades right now. i think i will take a chance, what the heck.

They are probably still hiring because people are jumping that ship. They need people till the very end to fulfill the contract obligations. People are going with other contractors because Logcap 3 ends this year. I'm a plumber who just left KBR in Iraq last month to go with another contractor in Afghanistan for that very reason. If your position is for Logcap III you'll be lucky to make it a month as my superintendent told our plumbing crew. I think their state department logcap 4 contract is still up in the air but it would last beyond the end of the year. There is so much drama and chaos going on there over people trying to save their jobs and their friends jobs. Try Dyncorp. They have a lot of plumber jobs available in Afghanistan. Go with KBR in Iraq only if you have absolutly nothing else going on. Apply elsewhere the whole time you're there. I was there 2 months before leaving. It got my feet wet and was a good experience. Plus if you get on with Dyncorp you can process in Dubai instead of going all the way back home. That's what I did. That way you're out of the states and don't burn up any of the 35 days your allowed home within a 12 month period so you don't have to pay taxes. You don't want to burn those days up processing with another company in the states if you don't have to. Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

DESERT RAT

59 months ago

Pepskins in New Orleans, Louisiana said: They are probably still hiring because people are jumping that ship. They need people till the very end to fulfill the contract obligations. People are going with other contractors because Logcap 3 ends this year. I'm a plumber who just left KBR in Iraq last month to go with another contractor in Afghanistan for that very reason. If your position is for Logcap III you'll be lucky to make it a month as my superintendent told our plumbing crew. I think their state department logcap 4 contract is still up in the air but it would last beyond the end of the year. There is so much drama and chaos going on there over people trying to save their jobs and their friends jobs. Try Dyncorp. They have a lot of plumber jobs available in Afghanistan. Go with KBR in Iraq only if you have absolutly nothing else going on. Apply elsewhere the whole time you're there. I was there 2 months before leaving. It got my feet wet and was a good experience. Plus if you get on with Dyncorp you can process in Dubai instead of going all the way back home. That's what I did. That way you're out of the states and don't burn up any of the 35 days your allowed home within a 12 month period so you don't have to pay taxes. You don't want to burn those days up processing with another company in the states if you don't have to. Hope this helps.

THANKS. I am trying with all these companies, KBR, DYNCORP,FLUOR. I am a plumber also. I need to get my feet wet in logcap. these days it take having connections to get that good job. i have been plumbing for a long time.i am waiting on fav. adj. right now with fluor. but they put the deployment on the trades on hold. things are not going very well right now.but i have faith and hope things will get better. GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND BE SAFE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lezune in Coquille, Oregon

59 months ago

When husband spoke with recruiter Friday he asked her if anything could change or impend his fly out and she said people are flying out daily and the only way he wouldnt fly was if he chose not too....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

DESERT RAT

59 months ago

Lezune in Coquille, Oregon said: When husband spoke with recruiter Friday he asked her if anything could change or impend his fly out and she said people are flying out daily and the only way he wouldnt fly was if he chose not too....

THANKS Lezune.I am sure everything will be fine. the line in the breadline is getting shorter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

baba sulley in Accra, Ghana

54 months ago

i worked with kulak construction company sub constructor's of k.b.r. working with k.b.r as an o.t.w driver has been a good expereance in Iraq and i made some money. i want to work with k.b.r again. this is my email address babsly@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ahmed in Iraq

49 months ago

This is Ahmed
used to be working as a linguist with U.S Army 4 years, looking forward work with KBR in Iraq

ahmed.faithful@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ahmed in Iraq

49 months ago

Only for Iraqis.
If you want work with KBR send the following documents

1-Jnsia
2-bitaka tamoenea
3-two pictures
4-cv

send this documents to: kbr.iraq.jobs@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fahredin Ismajli in Serbia

45 months ago

Ihave been i Afghanistan my position is power generation

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lamont in Elkton, Maryland

45 months ago

LindaC in bethesda, Maryland said: I am being considered for a position as an MWR coordinator in Iraq with KBR . I want to talk with anyone who has/is working for KBR in Iraq. I need to know how you feel you are being treated, what are your living conditions like, are you glad you took the job, at which camp are you stationed, do you know anything about camp endurance in Qaiyarah?
thanks

Can you tell me who you contacted to get selected for openings?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

lamontkillette@*****.*** in Elkton, Maryland

45 months ago

Mixer Mike 2 in Baghdad, Iraq said: I left you a note in the Fluor forum...

Hey Man I feel the same way I did just about everything, let me know if you find out the format to others sucess.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

arethawells in Wylie, Texas

41 months ago

Lamont in Elkton, Maryland said: Can you tell me who you contacted to get selected for openings?

Hello Lamont, Hope all is well. Did you ever receive any information regarding a contact person/recruiter for KBR? I have applied for position at KBR, but have not heard any thing back from them. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sarkerp in New York, New York

39 months ago

Ceddiego in Clinton, Illinois said: can you tell me the type of work you do and what the work schedule was like. did you have any problems with the KBR processing?

I am parikhit sarker.I was in Iraq in balad base with K.B.R. Now As a Supervisor,working with aafes in Afghanistan, I do like this kind of job still onece I am doing . I did not have any problem with K.B.R .Plese can you make for me job if there is no problem. You happy good night . God bless you .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

velaganasuryanarayana in Apo

23 months ago

im lokg

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

paasarko in Edmonton, Alberta

19 months ago

hi
how can I joined KBR union in Canada.if any body can help me here is my e mail sarkodie1973@gmail.com thanks
mike

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

peter williams in Hephzibah, Georgia

12 months ago

would like a jobs in IRAQ

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Angela J Williams in Houston, Texas

10 months ago

Started working for KBR (10/2009) Cook Helper. KBR loss contract after I was there for 3 months. I contracted with Fluor (kitchen help/ transportation specialist ) 01/2010 to 09/2014. I really would like to work for KBR for at least a year. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John in Calgary, Alberta

9 months ago

LindaC in bethesda, Maryland said: I am being considered for a position as an MWR coordinator in Iraq with KBR . I want to talk with anyone who has/is working for KBR in Iraq. I need to know how you feel you are being treated, what are your living conditions like, are you glad you took the job, at which camp are you stationed, do you know anything about camp endurance in Qaiyarah?
thanks

Hello
I applied for a plumbing job in Iraq and does anyone know how long it take to get an intervew?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Necherwan in Erbil, Iraq

8 months ago

LindaC in bethesda, Maryland said: I am being considered for a position as an MWR coordinator in Iraq with KBR . I want to talk with anyone who has/is working for KBR in Iraq. I need to know how you feel you are being treated, what are your living conditions like, are you glad you took the job, at which camp are you stationed, do you know anything about camp endurance in Qaiyarah?
thanks

My advice to you just go and work smart, i had the same position at the same place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Necherwan in Erbil, Iraq

8 months ago

Ahmed in Iraq said: Only for Iraqis.
If you want work with KBR send the following documents

1-Jnsia
2-bitaka tamoenea
3-two pictures
4-cv

send this documents to: kbr. iraq .jobs@hotmail.com

the email address is wrong..!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.