Leaving in 9 days-still no WABI test

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (25)

passport ready in Blytheville, Arkansas

65 months ago

Im leaving for Houston in 9 days and I still havent taken a WABI test or gotten my dental release. The dental release is something I have to do prior to Houston right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kodiak570 in Houston, Texas

65 months ago

passport ready in Blytheville, Arkansas said: Im leaving for Houston in 9 days and I still havent taken a WABI test or gotten my dental release. The dental release is something I have to do prior to Houston right?

Yes, that is a major liability thing for them. I think the WABI is given in Houston though.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

Ok, thanks. Does the dental release just need to be a hand written form or does it need to contain X-rays?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kodiak570 in Houston, Texas

65 months ago

passport ready in Blytheville, Arkansas said: Ok, thanks. Does the dental release just need to be a hand written form or does it need to contain X-rays?

They will send you a form. You need to have an exam done and have the dentist sign that you will be OK for no dental care for a year. That's not to say you CAN'T get dental care for a year, just if something happens and you can't get home, then you will be OK.

You can do whatever you want on R&R and guys who go back to the states usually have 1 R&R where they get everything done; i.e. taxes, dentist/Dr. checkups, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

kodiak570 in Houston, Texas said: They will send you a form. You need to have an exam done and have the dentist sign that you will be OK for no dental care for a year. That's not to say you CAN'T get dental care for a year, just if something happens and you can't get home, then you will be OK.

You can do whatever you want on R&R and guys who go back to the states usually have 1 R&R where they get everything done; i.e. taxes, dentist/Dr. checkups, etc.

HMMM, I have one week left and I havent recieved any kind of form. How am I supposed to get a dentist appt. with such short notice? I'm worried sick to get all the way to Houston without everything I need just to be sent back home to a job I no longer have.

switch in Austin, Texas

65 months ago

passport ready in Blytheville, Arkansas said: HMMM, I have one week left and I havent recieved any kind of form. How am I supposed to get a dentist appt. with such short notice? I'm worried sick to get all the way to Houston without everything I need just to be sent back home to a job I no longer have.

You should of received all the papers in the original package. Im surprised that your recruiter has given you a date without those submitted. That being said last year, the wabi was waived for electricians. Hope you dont need dental work ? Speak to your recruiter asap.

Northof48 in Anchorage, Alaska

65 months ago

passport ready, email me

Denaliwolf@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Northof48 in Anchorage, Alaska

65 months ago

switch in Austin, Texas said: You should of received all the papers in the original package. Im surprised that your recruiter has given you a date without those submitted. That being said last year, the wabi was waived for electricians. Hope you dont need dental work ? Speak to your recruiter asap.

email me.

denaliwolf@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Koko Wilson in Altamonte Springs, Florida

65 months ago

Dental was waved for a while too for electricians--are they still doing that? Definitely contact your recruiter--and the dental waver was in the packet of info they send to you so look again. It was there for hubby and his was waved at the time cause he was an electrician--and they were waving dental and Wabi for when he processed cause were in a rush to get them out and over. If you need it--then best advice is to call around--even go out of town if you have to get it done. Best of luck.

switch in Austin, Texas

65 months ago

Northof48 in Anchorage, Alaska said: email me.

denaliwolf@gmail.com

yes? Please use the forum for questions.

cazman in Salina, Kansas

65 months ago

passport ready in Blytheville, Arkansas said: HMMM, I have one week left and I havent recieved any kind of form. How am I supposed to get a dentist appt. with such short notice? I'm worried sick to get all the way to Houston without everything I need just to be sent back home to a job I no longer have.

You're supposed to have a bunch of that stuff faxed to Houston a week before you arrive....you need to contact your recruiter ASAP and tell him he needs to send you the paperwork so you can get started on it. Once he realizes he never sent it he should push your departure date for Houston back. I had the same problem, I had to ask for it to be sent. Mine was four different PDF files...

Rob_electrician in Kissimmee, Florida

65 months ago

passport ready in Blytheville, Arkansas said: Im leaving for Houston in 9 days and I still havent taken a WABI test or gotten my dental release. The dental release is something I have to do prior to Houston right?

This depends on what position. My spouse is an electrician that just left today to Afghanistan and he did not have to take the wabi test nor did he have to do the dental part of it.

Bob Denver in Rapid city, South Dakota

65 months ago

I'm also an electrician, heading to Houston this weekend...I was told that the WABI and dental are not needed for electricians. But I don't know of any "dental waver" form. I thought I was all set..anyone have any tips?

switch in Austin, Texas

65 months ago

Bob Denver in Rapid city, South Dakota said: I'm also an electrician, heading to Houston this weekend...I was told that the WABI and dental are not needed for electricians. But I don't know of any "dental waver" form. I thought I was all set..anyone have any tips?

There is no dental waiver form. Dont worry you are fine !!

patrick jiggetts

63 months ago

TO ALL THAT ARE WONDERING ABOUT THE TIME LIMIT IN GETTING A CALL.. I APPLIED BACK IN FEBUARY FOR THE MAIL CLERK POSITION.. I GOT THE CALL IN SEPTEMBER.. THERE ARE OVER A HALF MILLION RESUMES THEY HAVE TO LOOK THROUGH SO YOU JUST HAVE TO BE PATIENT.. I HAD GOT IT OUT OF MY MIND AND THE CALL CAME FROM OUT OF NOWHERE.. THEN THE ULTIMATE HAPPENED.. I DIDNT PASS THE "WABI" TEST. SO I HAVE TO WAIT TIL MARCH TO TAKE IT AGAIN. SO WHEN YOU GET THE OPORTUNITY.. MAKE GOOD OF IT.. I WAS OFFERED $7,500.00 A MONTH.. AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A VALID PASSPORT.. KBR DOESNT ISSUE PASSPORTS ANYMORE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fran lewis in Houston, Texas

63 months ago

can i have a recruiter email.or a name please

JReed16 in Hubert, North Carolina

61 months ago

patrick jiggetts said: TO ALL THAT ARE WONDERING ABOUT THE TIME LIMIT IN GETTING A CALL.. I APPLIED BACK IN FEBUARY FOR THE MAIL CLERK POSITION.. I GOT THE CALL IN SEPTEMBER.. THERE ARE OVER A HALF MILLION RESUMES THEY HAVE TO LOOK THROUGH SO YOU JUST HAVE TO BE PATIENT.. I HAD GOT IT OUT OF MY MIND AND THE CALL CAME FROM OUT OF NOWHERE.. THEN THE ULTIMATE HAPPENED.. I DIDNT PASS THE "WABI" TEST. SO I HAVE TO WAIT TIL MARCH TO TAKE IT AGAIN. SO WHEN YOU GET THE OPORTUNITY.. MAKE GOOD OF IT.. I WAS OFFERED $7,500.00 A MONTH.. AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A VALID PASSPORT.. KBR DOESNT ISSUE PASSPORTS ANYMORE.

Does anyone know if you need to have a passport to even get called about a job? Or can I wait to get the passport after I get the call?

VicenteV in Houston, Texas

61 months ago

JReed16 in Hubert, North Carolina said: Does anyone know if you need to have a passport to even get called about a job? Or can I wait to get the passport after I get the call?

When you fail the Wabi you have to wait 6 months to retake it. Sorry buddy. And the passport you do have to have one for them to even be consired you. Theirs so many people waiting for the job with passports that i don't think they wait for you. Thats the way I look at it, be prepared for everhything.

shawntx in Houston, Texas

61 months ago

VicenteV in Houston, Texas said: When you fail the Wabi you have to wait 6 months to retake it. Sorry buddy. And the passport you do have to have one for them to even be consired you. Theirs so many people waiting for the job with passports that i don't think they wait for you. Thats the way I look at it, be prepared for everhything.

how is iraq? Do they still have alot mortals

jao uk in durham, United Kingdom

58 months ago

any body know if there is still truck driving jobs in iraq/ afgan

Jason Looney in Groveland, Florida

58 months ago

Theres mortals all over iraq, the world even lol

J Dee in Hampton, Georgia

57 months ago

any body know about the wiba test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

J Dee in Hampton, Georgia

57 months ago

any body know about the wiba test?

jao uk in durham, United Kingdom

57 months ago

Hi guys anyone know what the bus drivers are on in Afghanistan ?? just curious if they are on the same as the heavy truck drivers - any advice on this I would be grateful JAO

patrick jiggetts in Apo

57 months ago

hey j dee.. congrats.. email me pjfromva@aol.com and i'll tell you everything you need to know.. what did you get hired for?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.