List of Items that are helpful to bring

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Southern Charmer in B M Goldwater A F Range, Arizona

61 months ago

Wanted to make a helpful topic for people that are on there way to Huston. What items that are essential to bring. Make a list for Males and Females. All comments will be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

AMY in Brooklyn, New York

61 months ago

I will bring:

Clothing

• Shoes,sneakers,boots, socks,undergarments and pajamas.
• Jeans,black pants
• Long and short sleeved shirts
• Sweaters
• Jacket (winter)
• Accessories (sunglasses...)

Personal Health and Hygiene

• Shaving Items
• Oral Hygiene Items
• Soap, Shampoo and Hand Lotion
• Bathrobe and Shower Shoes
• Feminine hygiene items and cosmetics.

tresa129 in Norwalk, Ohio

61 months ago

AMY in Brooklyn, New York said: I will bring:

Clothing

• Shoes,sneakers,boots, socks,undergarments and pajamas.
• Jeans,black pants
• Long and short sleeved shirts
• Sweaters
• Jacket (winter)
• Accessories (sunglasses...)

Personal Health and Hygiene

• Shaving Items
• Oral Hygiene Items
• Soap, Shampoo and Hand Lotion
• Bathrobe and Shower Shoes
• Feminine hygiene items and cosmetics.

iam also taking a couple of bath towels and half a dozen washrags and tylenol, advil and alleve. hope I can get more towels when I get there

Gabriele in Troy, Montana

60 months ago

In some places you are going to need some bug repellant.

Dlst10 in New York

47 months ago

What sort of luggage is recommended? I hear backpacks but is there a certain make/model that others have found advantageous?

BeeKeeper in South Carolina

47 months ago

I suggest one medium sized suitcase with very heavy duty wheels and a smaller carry-on with wheels that you can stack on the other one during those long drags through dirt and rocks and for easier lifting when putting it through the endless scanning machines...it has made my 6 years tolerable during travel, if it's a black bag, bright colored duct tape makes it easier to retrieve amongst the 500 other pieces of black luggage everyone else has when it's laid out in several long rows to find before you get in another line. Many of the supplies suggested can be found on bases now or sent to you, so there is no need for all the baggage, just toiletries and enough clothes to get thru a cycle of laundry until you get your bearings and senses after the shock of it all.

Gilbert in Lake Charles, Louisiana

47 months ago

Can you bring your lap top?

duffel bag would be best I would think

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dlst10 in New York

47 months ago

Gilbert in Lake Charles, Louisiana said: Can you bring your lap top?

duffel bag would be best I would think

From what I’ve been informed, as long as not going to a "B-site", laptop should be acceptable to bring. On that note, should I get one before I ship to processing?

D9 in Baghdad, Iraq

46 months ago

Dlst10 in New York said: What sort of luggage is recommended? I hear backpacks but is there a certain make/model that others have found advantageous?

I recommend a military duffle bag (aka sea bag), the sheer amount of clothing you can fit into this will amaze you and you save on weight restrictions with the airlines (50lbs).

ldivens in Orlando, Florida

40 months ago

My brother has been in camp al asad for 2 weeks now. We sent him some sheets and towels and some other things yesterday. PX was wiped out with arrival of 3000 military. I have a question if anyone could help me. We forgot to put KBR Services on the address label. Everything is else was correct as far as zip and camp. Do you think there is a snowballs chance he is going to get his package in about a week?? We insured it too, priority mail so it needs a signature? Thanks.

ldivens in Orlando, Florida

40 months ago

Thanks, hopefully he gets it. I told him start going in and asking in a week and just keep going back. I am trying to stay positive. Do you really think everyone will lose their jobs in Dec.? I know that's when the contract is up..

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.