Logistic Coordinator- Looking for information on getting back to work in Iraq

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

merlin61 in Wisner, Louisiana

81 months ago

I have worked in Iraq for 3 years for KBR. I started out as a Generator Mechanic, worked as Adm Assisstant, dispatcher, Sr. Dispatcher, Logistics Coordinator and then finally was promoted to Sr. Logistics Coordinator. I have had special training at almost every position that I held with KBR. I have been home since March but now I am ready to go back. I have applied to several jobs and have gotten no response. Barbara, I was hoping that maybe you could help me to get my resume to the right person. As you can see I have plenty of experience I just can't seem to get to the right person!!!! Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone else out there has any suggestion please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sasha in Newark, New Jersey

81 months ago

I been looking for a LOG job also. Do anyone know what is going on?
Barbara Gallagher can you help me also. Barbara is it okay that I send you my resume. I have it posted on the web. Help me and this guy out Barbara.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

merlin61 in Wisner, Louisiana

81 months ago

I don't know about you but I am beginning to be very confused about what is going on with the jobs in Iraq and Afgahnistan. One day KBR Jobs has jobs posted and then the next day they are gone. I have friends still working in Iraq that say that people are being sent home or transferred. I keep checking all the sites and applying for what is there but it seems that KBR is the only company that really has much to offer right now unless you are a higher up job seeker. I did not think going back to work with all the experience that I have would be a big deal. Guess I was wrong about that one. It just appears to me that someone that has worked in that enviroment and has the skills to do the jobs that they are advertising for would not have this much trouble. Any suggestions??????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Well I am also a former employer of Kbr.left in good standards and also have military experience. I just don't know what is going on. Will soemone tell me something.

Thanks

merlin61

81 months ago

Maybe something will happen for all of us soon. I don't know how true it is but I did read on another website today that KBR's contract had been extended since they had been cleared on some LOGCAP III issue and now that they would be eligible for LOGCAP IV. Who knows at this point???????? Everybody seems to have a different story about what is going on.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

acara in Wesley Chapel, Florida

81 months ago

It's chaos in Iraq atm. Best bet if your returning is to IM some of your former co-workers that are still over there. The "situation" varies wildly by what base/camp/profession your checking on. Short-story, there is no one-size-fits-all answer.
As far as the other two awarded companies ....Afghan. seems to be the way to go for job security (as much as a contractor can expect...LOL) Dyncorp seems to have had a pre-award game plan & has positions posted across the board. Fluor, seems to be going "oh crap, we won, what do we do now).... so unless yr a ROWPU guy or have previous experience on a forward-team, the jobs seem to be few-far between.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

rome7 in Okinawa, Japan

80 months ago

merlin61 in Wisner, Louisiana said: I have worked in Iraq for 3 years for KBR. I started out as a Generator Mechanic, worked as Adm Assisstant, dispatcher, Sr. Dispatcher, Logistics Coordinator and then finally was promoted to Sr. Logistics Coordinator. I have had special training at almost every position that I held with KBR. I have been home since March but now I am ready to go back. I have applied to several jobs and have gotten no response. Barbara, I was hoping that maybe you could help me to get my resume to the right person. As you can see I have plenty of experience I just can't seem to get to the right person!!!! Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anyone else out there has any suggestion please let me know.

I'm new to the KBR site and you a one of a few people have worked in logistics for KBR. Can you give me a rough estimate of the salary for a logistics planner with a degree? As a logistics coordinator you are probably the one who can give me an accurate market value for what we do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

I have applied for many jobs also but have not been picked up yet. I left in good standards. I wonder what is going on. Barbara can you look at my resume and pass it to the right person too.

joyce_ew99 in Atlanta, Georgia

77 months ago

Hi I was wondering if you can give me any information on what the job details as a Log coordinator
thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.