Mailing information for KBR families

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22)

Debbie Creery in Gatesville, Texas

77 months ago

I am going to give some pointers to wivies, friends or families prepareing to mail items to their loved ones.

1)Go to usps.com and order flat rate boxes, I beleive there are 4 different sizes. You will also need custom forms, they are required for every box sent. The cost of mailing each box is either $9.95 or $10.95, not by weight so lot them up.

2) Secure mailing address from your loved one
and prepare some computer printed address labels for your return address and his/her address. Their labels should read something like this:

Full Name
KBR Camp ???? Site ????
APO AE Zip Code

3) Dont mail anything chocolate or perishable as average mail time is 3-4 weeks. If you are mailing shampoo, or other types of liquids place them in a secure ziplock bags so if they leak they won't leak all over everything or out of box.

4) Add something special in each box, suffed animal, pictures, etc. or items from children they love this, helps keep the connection. My grandchildren talk to him daily on phone. This keep them close to their loved ones even though they are far away.

5) Custom form needs to be complete:

Sender's info
To info.
Detailed descpription and quanity
Check (10)airmail, (11)gift, (16) Date and signature, (6)& (5) Total value of box and (17) return choice.
Make sure everything is complete before going to post office as this will go quickly if complete.

They will ask you at post office is there are any pershiable, liquids, explosives, etc. Just say "No".

And lastly make sure to tape the box well amd tape over address labels so they can't be removed.

If you do the following the boxes should arrive as quickly as possible and in one piece.

If your love one is gone during the holidays or any other occasion send Christmas packages wrapped, send something they can use for birthdays. I usually send items like I-pod, DVD movies, new and latest CD's, etc.

Hope this informations helps.

Debbie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

sjones in Norfolk, Virginia

76 months ago

My husband is in Sharana, how do I get the
KBR Camp ???? Site ????
APO AE Zip Code So, I may send some packages to him
Suzie
Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

You will have to get that information from him. KBR doesn't provide that specific information in any of their stuff before leaving the country. My husband called me and gave my the information after arriving at his assignment. When I talk to my husband today I will ask him if they have any of the mail information available for Afganistan.

Debbie

76 months ago

Thank you very much :)

millied in Raleigh, North Carolina

76 months ago

sjones in Norfolk, Virginia said: My husband is in Sharana, how do I get the
KBR Camp ???? Site ????
Suzie
Thank you!

how long has your husband been there and how is it what does he do
My husband is suppose to go tomorrow

76 months ago

Your husband can get address from anyone at his base or ask someone in Human Resources office. Your husband will be depressed for the first month or so till he get adjusted to the condition. Mine through he would not get through, he still doesn't love it but he doing okay. It is a real culture shock to Americans over there. Keep in touch on this site.

Debbie

76 months ago

KBR Camp ???? Site ????
Suzie
Thank you!

Is your husband still in Sharana?

76 months ago

Hey all,
I did get in contact with my hubby and I have
the address, I thought I could send him somethings
before he called, but to no avail.
He has called with a long list of items that he needs.
He says the PX does not open everyday or something like that.
Thanks again,
Suzie

76 months ago

KBR Camp ???? Site ????
Suzie
Thank you!

susie is your husband still in camp Sharana

76 months ago

Yes, I talked to him just the other day and got the address.

Stephanie AJ in Corpus Christi, Texas

76 months ago

My husband has been in Iraq for KBR since middle of January 08. He took right to it and has adjusted well. 'course he should have been a marine so being on a marine base has suited him well. .

Besides having a terrible butthead of a boss (can't seem to escape those no matter what side of the earth he's on. lol) he's having a blast. He's a mechanic and living out his "war game fantasies" He says he would stay forever if they would let him but since I WON'T LET HIM, he's only staying for another year and a half.

My best piece of advice, get a cell phone with a Houston number. I think most KBR locations have Houston phone numbers, so when he picks up the phone and dials another Houston number, he doesn't need a calling card. Since he couldn't take his cell phone to his location, we changed that phone number to an area code (713) number and he gets to call any time he has a chance. That's everyday sometimes!! It only costs us minutes during the week (free after 7p and on weekends) but I know there are other cell phone companies that have unlimited minutes. It's a wonderful thing! Plus, he can never use the excuse that he didn't have any more minutes on his calling card. lol!!!

It's not too difficult with him being over there. My other bit of advice, keep busy!! I'm a full time nursing student, part time employee, homeschooling our 13 year old daughter. I stay so busy that the time is flying by. His calls sure do help too. It's not that bad and the money's great. Within two years, I'll be a nurse and we'll have a very very nice chunk of change saved from his Iraq experience.

Any questions, please ask. I'd be glad to help.

switch in Austin, Texas

76 months ago

Stephanie AJ in Corpus Christi, Texas said: My husband has been in Iraq for KBR since middle of January 08. He took right to it and has adjusted well. 'course he should have been a marine so being on a marine base has suited him well. .

Besides having a terrible butthead of a boss (can't seem to escape those no matter what side of the earth he's on. lol) he's having a blast. He's a mechanic and living out his "war game fantasies" He says he would stay forever if they would let him but since I WON'T LET HIM, he's only staying for another year and a half.

My best piece of advice, get a cell phone with a Houston number. I think most KBR locations have Houston phone numbers, so when he picks up the phone and dials another Houston number, he doesn't need a calling card. Since he couldn't take his cell phone to his location, we changed that phone number to an area code (713) number and he gets to call any time he has a chance. That's everyday sometimes!! It only costs us minutes during the week (free after 7p and on weekends) but I know there are other cell phone companies that have unlimited minutes. It's a wonderful thing! Plus, he can never use the excuse that he didn't have any more minutes on his calling card. lol!!!

It's not too difficult with him being over there. My other bit of advice, keep busy!! I'm a full time nursing student, part time employee, homeschooling our 13 year old daughter. I stay so busy that the time is flying by. His calls sure do help too. It's not that bad and the money's great. Within two years, I'll be a nurse and we'll have a very very nice chunk of change saved from his Iraq experience.

Any questions, please ask. I'd be glad to help.

Which camp is he on ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie AJ in Corpus Christi, Texas

76 months ago

switch in Austin, Texas said: Which camp is he on ?

Habbaniyah

Crystal01 in Maine

75 months ago

Debbie Creery in Gatesville, Texas said: You will have to get that information from him. KBR doesn't provide that specific information in any of their stuff before leaving the country. My husband called me and gave my the information after arriving at his assignment. When I talk to my husband today I will ask him if they have any of the mail information available for Afganistan.

Debbie

Just bumping this thread back to the top since it has some great info. in it and I am sure we will all be mailing for the holidays...

KrimsonKween in North Carolina

73 months ago

Hello I am new to this n have been looking for some support since my husband left n Oct. Thank God he will be back next month.

73 months ago

Welcome. My DH is a plumber in Iraq. He has been there for 19 months. There are many peeps on this site that are helping others as well as themselves to get through the days till our loved ones come home.

God Bless
Debbie

Andrea F in Eatonton, Georgia

71 months ago

Debbie Creery in Gatesville, Texas said: Welcome. My DH is a plumber in Iraq. He has been there for 19 months. There are many peeps on this site that are helping others as well as themselves to get through the days till our loved ones come home.

God Bless
Debbie

I'm new to the site also and trying to figure things out. I am wondering what DH means. Is it Dear Husband??

Koko Wilson in AS, Florida

71 months ago

Andrea F in Eatonton, Georgia said: I'm new to the site also and trying to figure things out. I am wondering what DH means. Is it Dear Husband??

Well LOL DH--when you are in a good mood--does stand for Dear Hubby/Husband. It works the other way too --when you are in a bad mood--it can stand for D*mn Hubby/Husband!

71 months ago

Yes. As you will learn KBR uses lots of accronums(sp) If you don't get one of them please let us know and we will spell them out. But soon you will get them all.

Debbie

katonyaw in Waterloo, Ontario

71 months ago

My husband has been in in Bargam since Oct. 08 and before that time things were hard for us, You all know of the wait in pay you experience while training and etc.... Well bottom line, I helped him to get all he needed to go over and once over, after some months he decided that we weren't meant to be after we struggled together for YEARS. This man left me and my kids with absolutely nothing but alot of bills, a least that was up in a month, asn a bunch, I MEAN A BUNCH of tears (my 4 yr old is his, and my other 2 aren't, but i don't expect him to continue caring for them). But to make a long, hurtful, stressful story short....We are still married and one of the requirements were to make sure your family was insured before he left. Myself and my daughter aren't. I know I shouldn't harbor hatred but I'm mad as hell and really needs some truth. Is there any advice as to what I can do about this.

sharonbgif in Altamonte Springs, Florida

71 months ago

Debbie Creery in Gatesville, Texas said: You will have to get that information from him. KBR doesn't provide that specific information in any of their stuff before leaving the country. My husband called me and gave my the information after arriving at his assignment. When I talk to my husband today I will ask him if they have any of the mail information available for Afganistan.

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

How do you talk to your husband every day. How do you call? What kind of cell phone ect.

Sharon

71 months ago

My hubby calls a couple times a day from the office phone in his department. If he is taking a holiday or sick day he will call from the phone banks. The only time I don't hear from him everyday is when he is traveling.

Debbie

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.