Recruiter contacts? Advice? Husband is an electrician and wants to work at KBR.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

carrigon

78 months ago

I have read a lot of these posts and they are full of information! Thanks so much for your help!

Can anyone send me an e-mail of a recruiter for my husband (an electrician) who wants to work at KBR? He was just laid off from him job and would like to start as quickly as possible.

Wives - any advice?

Take care!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (79) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

carrigon

78 months ago

Journee or anyone else...if you have advice, you can please e-mail me at carrigon@aol.com or my husband at joecollison@aol.com (this is what he used to register in the KBR job site. THANKS!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

scglosup in Cedar Park, Texas

78 months ago

Hello from Austin,
I too am an Electrician interested in working overseas with KBR. I have applied/submitted my resume for each job on the compay's site and would like to speak with a recuiter. Any info would be helpfull. Thanks in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

scglosup in Cedar Park, Texas said: Hello from Austin,
I too am an Electrician interested in working overseas with KBR. I have applied/submitted my resume for each job on the compay's site and would like to speak with a recuiter. Any info would be helpfull. Thanks in advance.

scglosup@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

switch in Austin, Texas

78 months ago

scglosup in Cedar Park, Texas said: Hello from Austin,

Are you a journeyman? My hubby is over in Iraq. We live in Georgetown, 15 minutes from you !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

switch in Austin, Texas said: Are you a journeyman? My hubby is over in Iraq. We live in Georgetown, 15 minutes from you ![/QUOTE

You're right next door to me, We live off of north 183. I am a lisensed Journeyman in Texas, with six years in the trade. Were you guys contacted by a recruiter? How can I speak with one?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

switch in Austin, Texas

78 months ago

scglosup in Cedar Park, Texas said:

sent you an email

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

MollieAnne in Boston, Massachusetts

78 months ago

Could you please send me an email as well with recruiter email or contact info! Molls115@yahoo.com. It's been so difficult to try and get in touch with anyone! Thanks so much!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

switch in Austin, Texas

78 months ago

MollieAnne in Boston, Massachusetts said: Could you please send me an email as well with recruiter email or contact info! Molls115@yahoo.com. It's been so difficult to try and get in touch with anyone! Thanks so much!

What trade does your hubby do?. Is he a journeyman electrician?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MollieAnne in Boston, Massachusetts

78 months ago

He wants to be a heavy equipment operator. He is a journeyman carpenter as well though!! He has every license under the sun, he's a crazy man. But with the economy, we are really struggling. We are up in Boston though and it's been nearly impossible to get any jobs or get a recruiter for KBR. He's been in the military and everything. If we could at least get a recruiter on the phone then we could try to get someone closer to here. But he is more than qualified to do pretty much everything. I would really appreciate it if we could get that information! You would be a life saver!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

switch in Austin, Texas

78 months ago

MollieAnne in Boston, Massachusetts said: He wants to be a heavy equipment operator. He is a journeyman carpenter as well though!! He has every license under the sun, he's a crazy man. But with the economy, we are really struggling. We are up in Boston though and it's been nearly impossible to get any jobs or get a recruiter for KBR. He's been in the military and everything. If we could at least get a recruiter on the phone then we could try to get someone closer to here. But he is more than qualified to do pretty much everything. I would really appreciate it if we could get that information! You would be a life saver!

Hi, im sorry to hear that. Our recruiter only deals with licensed electricians. If you go to www.indeed.com/cmp/kbr and scroll down to salaries, bonuses and benefits forum there may be someone there that can help. It is very active and has a lot of wives, i know that there are some that are carpenters and i know at least one that has a hubby over there as heavy equipment operator. Good luck and hope to see you at the other forum !

Justin Sellers in Temple, Texas

78 months ago

I was told that if you don't hear from a recruiter in a two week period to resubmit your application/resume so you can go to the front of the list. How do you go about this?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

switch in Austin, Texas

78 months ago

Justin Sellers in Temple, Texas said: Hi my name is Justin and I have completed a application and submitted a resume to KBR on the 13th of this month and was just wondering if anyone knows how to get in contact with a recruiter. I have applied for a bunch of jobs in the logistics/warehouse side of the company, especially in the Iraq and Afghanistan area. I have also read quite a few post and have seen the name Journee Jones floating around is this a person of interest that can help? I have a 5 yr management background in the automotive parts industry and very detailed trained in inventory control. Any suggestions?

Journee hasnt been on the forum for a while now. She works for KBR and is some kind of resarcher i think. After her came Barbara Gallager, and now i think its Vanessa Henley. They seem to take turns, sometimes they can help and sometimes not. Journee was very helpful in getting your resume to the right recruiter but unfortunately not been on.

Justin Sellers in Temple, Texas

78 months ago

switch in Austin, Texas said: Journee hasnt been on the forum for a while now. She works for KBR and is some kind of resarcher i think. After her came Barbara Gallager, and now i think its Vanessa Henley. They seem to take turns, sometimes they can help and sometimes not. Journee was very helpful in getting your resume to the right recruiter but unfortunately not been on.

I see you have a lot of suggestions to people on here, can you give me any. I am very interested in going over seas.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

JonnyZ in Elgin, Illinois

77 months ago

switch in Austin, Texas said: Hi, im sorry to hear that. Our recruiter only deals with licensed electricians. !

Hi Switch, You seem very knowledgeable about this whole process, and I thank you for the advice I've read so far. I am wondering if the KBR recruiters will only take Licensed Journeymen. I am a Union Journeyman Wireman with 13 years experience, but in Illinois they do not license us. Any help would be appreciated.

kim wy in Indianapolis, Indiana

77 months ago

My husband has applied with KBR and has heard nothing. He has been an electrician for 30 years. Who or when does KBR return any information on jobs. Do they have recruiters that get in touch with applicants. Are there jobs in Iraq?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

switch in Austin, Texas

77 months ago

JonnyZ in Elgin, Illinois said: Hi Switch, You seem very knowledgeable about this whole process, and I thank you for the advice I've read so far. I am wondering if the KBR recruiters will only take Licensed Journeymen. I am a Union Journeyman Wireman with 13 years experience, but in Illinois they do not license us. Any help would be appreciated.

Im sorry i dont know about that. If you get on the salaries and bonuses forum listed above im sure someone will be able to answer that. Its a very active forum with tons of people on it that have experience.www.indeed.com/cmp/kbr and then scroll down to that forum good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bushmaster in South Carolina

77 months ago

You have to be a licensed electrician to get hired with kbr.And I think u must have at least 5 years under your belt.And it takes time for a recruiter to get in touch with you.

kerry mcneil in Harker Heights, Texas

52 months ago

I would love to work for kbr again. I left the first time because kbr lost their contract in bagram and i got moved to itt, shortly after that i was sent home for lack of a security clearance. I have few contacts that i have had since the first time, but no one has contacted me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shorty in Jacksonville, North Carolina

51 months ago

Im looking for an overseas contracting job as an electrician. Im in the U.S. Marines now as an electrician and want to know what to do to get started. I have my resume done but need someone who i paid for to look over it. Please email any info to get me started if you could. Shortsean57@yahoo.com. Thanks

HEAVY HITTER in Houston, Texas

39 months ago

I am a hevvy equipment operator that seekinq a job oversees to be an better provider for my family. Have travel all over united states as a operator living from pay check to pay check tied. I love playing in the dirt but now i would like too get paid. Anyone that can lead me in the right directing please....please...please... contact me simpsonlorenzo63@yahoo.com U ALL BE SAFE AND BE BLESS........

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.