Security Clearances

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

jimmy smith in Decatur, Illinois

70 months ago

I'm currently a candidate...been through training in Houston already. Was had to go home to take care of business. Contract was rescinded. Now being told I don't have the required security clearance for the Logistic position I signed on for a month ago. What is all this security clearance jargon about? Did KBR change the requirements? Can't I get the clearance in Iraq like many others did?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fan7 in The South

70 months ago

jimmy smith in Decatur, Illinois said: I'm currently a candidate...been through training in Houston already. Was had to go home to take care of business. Contract was rescinded. Now being told I don't have the required security clearance for the Logistic position I signed on for a month ago. What is all this security clearance jargon about? Did KBR change the requirements? Can't I get the clearance in Iraq like many others did?

jimmy,

If the job said that you had to have a clearance prior to accepting the job then it will be difficult for you to get one unless you had one while in the military or a previous job -- they can usually just reactivate the old one. The only way to get a clearance otherwise, is for a company to sponsor you; however, it is cheaper and easier for them to get someone who had one previously while in the military.

Everyone, there are a few exceptions, who has a clearance with KBR had one previously. Very few folks, who have never previously had a clearance, get them through KBR. The reason is that it is very time consuming and expensive to get one. In addtion, when you hit the ground over there you need to be able to do your job and if yours required a clearance you wouldn't be able to without one.

As for the Logistic position -- if it was a Log. Coordinator position, some of them do require clearances and that requirement is non-negotiable due to requirements of the contract.

There were other Log Coordinator positions once that did not require a clearance. I don't see them on their site right now, but perhaps if they open up again you might try to reapply!

Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

cooley47 in Virginia Beach, Virginia

70 months ago

What is the job description said nothing about clearance and then they pop that on you at the last min?

cooley47 in Virginia Beach, Virginia

70 months ago

I filled out my SF-86 with a previous company and had the works done(fingerprinted) So shouldnt i be in some kind of database with my clearance? its a confidential clearance i believe...

Fan7 in The South

70 months ago

cooley47 in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: I filled out my SF-86 with a previous company and had the works done(fingerprinted) So shouldnt i be in some kind of database with my clearance? its a confidential clearance i believe...

Hey Cooley,

I replied to you in the other forum...

Take care

heather88 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

59 months ago

How can you find out if you have a clearance?

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia

59 months ago

cooley47 in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: I filled out my SF-86 with a previous company and had the works done(fingerprinted) So shouldnt i be in some kind of database with my clearance? its a confidential clearance i believe...

If you do not still hold the job, you don't hold the clearance anymore either. Besides there is not much use over here for a confidential clearance, if it is not a Sercret or above it is not worth much.

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia

59 months ago

heather88 in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: How can you find out if you have a clearance?

If you have one you know it. If you have to find out, you do not have one.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.