WABI Specific Question.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Sam Torres in Albuquerque, New Mexico

63 months ago

Can someone please explain the sections on the WABI and how they are all supposed to "add up?"

I was sent home today from the DPC in Houston based on the the fact that I "failed" the WABI. First I was told by the first of two recruiters that contacted me that "there is no pass or fail, they are just looking to see if you are a risk taker." So I answered the questions HONESTLY and was told I failed based on the fact that my answers "didn't add up." The section I was told I failed was the driving portion. My answers didn't match the other areas that I "scored really good in." Can someone shed some sort of light on all of this crap?! I am beyond upset at this point after putting my life on hold then to be sent home 3 days into the processing. Oh, and to add insult injury, there was one candidate who told all of us taking the WABI in Houston as he sat across the table from me that he failed it prior to coming to Houston but was brought in to the DPC anyway. Another had taken the WABI 2 times (unknown time frame) before and was now being allowed to take it again in Houston. Another instance where someone failed it, he called his recruiter, who then called someone else, and everything was "okay" it was a "computer error." Then yesterday for the beginning of medical, another candidate showed up 15 minutes late to start and was still allowed to stay.

Is there a different standard for everyone that walks through those doors? Is it who you know and not what you know?

Thanks in advance for any sort of info anyone can shed on this situation. I used the search feature ad nauseum and couldn't find the answer I was looking for so therefore my posting now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

D Robs in Apo

63 months ago

Sam Torres in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: ...So I answered the questions HONESTLY and was told I failed based on the fact that my answers "didn't add up." The section I was told I failed was the driving portion.

At the beginning of the test it mentions that they are looking for safe conscientious people.

That really should tell you all you need to know about the test. You want your answers to line up with what a safe driver would do.

They are not looking for risk takers. There are way too many car accidents over here in IQ from people not paying attention while driving. So far no one (to my knowledge) has been killed.

So knowing the above, when the test asks you...

When coming to a stop light and the light is turning yellow, do you:

A. Speed up to get through the light.
B. Coast through the intersection at your current speed.
C. Slow down & stop for the light.

Correct answer is going to be what a safe conscientious person would do...

C. Slow down and stop for the light.

Once again they are NOT looking for risk takers. On the rest of the test your answers need to be consistent with what a safe conscientious person would do.

I personally am a safe driver which my home state recognizes with a neat little sticker on the back of my DL for my renewal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sam Torres in Albuquerque, New Mexico

63 months ago

D Robs in Apo said: At the beginning of the test it mentions that they are looking for safe conscientious people.

That really should tell you all you need to know about the test. You want your answers to line up with what a safe driver would do.

They are not looking for risk takers. There are way too many car accidents over here in IQ from people not paying attention while driving. So far no one (to my knowledge) has been killed.

So knowing the above, when the test asks you...

When coming to a stop light and the light is turning yellow, do you:

A. Speed up to get through the light.
B. Coast through the intersection at your current speed.
C. Slow down & stop for the light.

Correct answer is going to be what a safe conscientious person would do...

C. Slow down and stop for the light.

Once again they are NOT looking for risk takers. On the rest of the test your answers need to be consistent with what a safe conscientious person would do.

I personally am a safe driver which my home state recognizes with a neat little sticker on the back of my DL for my renewal.

The strange thing about this whole thing is that I am a safe driver and I answered accordingly. However what I was told by the supervisor of the DPC was that "my answers probably didn't add up" meaning that because if my work interaction portion states that I'm a "take charge kind of person" and my driving answers show that I'm safe driver, the two I found out are like oil and water. So if I choose to apply again in 6 months, I guess I should just answer how they want me to answer and not "truthfully." Damn shame that this test says you can't be a safe driver and a take charge person at work. Guess that's why most employers no longer use it.

Thanks for the info. Can anyone else chime in about the other issues associated with in-processing in Houston and the variations of who and what are accountable to what and whom?

D Robs in Apo

63 months ago

Sam Torres in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: The strange thing about this whole thing is that I am a safe driver and I answered accordingly. However what I was told by the supervisor of the DPC was that "my answers probably didn't add up" meaning that because if my work interaction portion states that I'm a "take charge kind of person" and my driving answers show that I'm safe driver, the two I found out are like oil and water. So if I choose to apply again in 6 months, I guess I should just answer how they want me to answer and not "truthfully." Damn shame that this test says you can't be a safe driver and a take charge person at work. Guess that's why most employers no longer use it.

Thanks for the info. Can anyone else chime in about the other issues associated with in-processing in Houston and the variations of who and what are accountable to what and whom?

I've taken similar tests at other employers. Except for where the question deals with right and wrong, you want to be middle of the road on most of the work related questions.

I think I took the Wabi in about 15 maybe 20 minutes. I believe they alloted 2 hours or some crazy number for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

met1224 in Orlando, Florida

18 months ago

I've just moved to Orlando and am trying to get a restaurant job. Every location has an online process. As I fill out these "WABI" tests a dozen at a time I'm starting to second guess my answers on previously completed ones. Is it bad to answer strongly agree or disagree a lot? See I am the type of person that believes in absolutes. Its the only thing that makes sense to me, you're either a thief or not. You either show up miserably everyday and are a negative person or your not and you put on the same plastic smile as everyone else. You either bring drama to work, or you don't. For me its simple so its kinda like yes or no, not "Well on a scale of 1-5 I would say I steal on a 3". I understand they're trying to ask the same 20 questions at least 5 times a piece rewording them so they hope you'll answer differently which is another thing that solidifies my decision to either answer "yes" or "no". As far as taking risks goes, yeah I might take a risk like moving to Orlando without a guaranteed job because there's way more job openings than where I was at in NC. I left everything behind to start over, that's a risk. Would I not ID anybody at a table that even looks like they're under 50? No, in fact I ID everyone as soon as the first person orders alcohol because even the ones with gray hair start glowing in flattery when I ask them. More tip $ too. I just think these tests are such bull and really are more like a lottery than anything else. If anyone can give pointers on how to "add up"these tests please let me know!

BN

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.