Working in Iraq

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

Bushmaster in South Carolina

63 months ago

Bushmaster in South Carolina said: No they send u where the work is.
Also u can get a phone there.But it cost alot to call the states.KBR has phone lines and its a Houston number.My hubby just has his cell phone for if I need to get him.We don't use it much do to the cost of the calling.Or if he goes out on the ring route and they don't have phones he can call and let me know he is fine.
My husband is also an electrician.

You will not be going with KBR they just lost the contracts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ra- Ra in Spring, Texas

63 months ago

Hello Joe and Sharon , I know you guys do not know me but, I was reading your letters on Working in Iraq web site, and I was wondering if any one of you can help me locate a recruiter I applied for jobs at KBR also, my brother work for them now, he's been overseas over 3 yrs now, I also applied at Fluor and Dyncorp. but I was told it is better to have contact with a recruiter, I need a job now , I just lost my job 05/09, I have always worked ,and I am scared , I have a house. I do not want to loose, I apply for jobs everyday, and here in Houston the job market is very bad.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff Newman in Houston, Texas

57 months ago

Does anyone know how to land a job I have been applying for a while now, thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hubbyoverseas in Otsego, Michigan

55 months ago

Is there cell phones to purchase when you get there? We heard that if you buy a cell over there for real cheap incoming calls. And how easy is it to buy a laptop after you get there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ra- Ra in Spring, Texas

55 months ago

do not buy a cell phone most company's you work for will provide you with a cell phone, and bring your personal laptop, or you can purchase one from the PX overseas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

hubbyoverseas in Otsego, Michigan

55 months ago

Ra- Ra in Spring, Texas said: do not buy a cell phone most company's you work for will provide you with a cell phone, and bring your personal laptop, or you can purchase one from the PX overseas

Thank you Ra Ra. This is the plan for us. He will buy when he gets there. I am glad you confirm this as we have been reading soo many different things which are even different than what the recruiter says, so we will wait. Appreciate you help. Be safe when you go back and hope you enjoy your r&r while home.

janice magee in Mccomb, Mississippi

50 months ago

I am aformer USDA Food-Inspector who is seeking employment overseas I open for suggestion on how fast I can can make this happen.

Ra- Ra in Spring, Texas

50 months ago

you must stay on the Forum and continue to ask questions and speak to as many people as Possible , I did it and ended up speaking to someone I can not remember his name. This person gave me the E-mail address of a Dyncorp International recruiter, I contacted the Recruiter and I got hired, I am overseas now , but I am working on the DOS side , they are not hiring for USDA FOOD INSPECTORS, they are hiring , Pilots and mechanics, big time but you must apply on line and you have to either be aable to get a secret clearance or you must already have one, they are a good company to work for , I love it , they offer lots of rotations you get to go home alot. They are very professional and the company is growing fast, this is a new contract for the Department of State. I feel blessed...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

RaRa in Irving, Texas

50 months ago

Thanks for that much info,if you could get Dyncorp email address this would be a blessing.Iam readey to go to work,pleesae keep me informed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

vero in Houston, Texas

50 months ago

Ra- Ra in Spring, Texas said: you must stay on the Forum and continue to ask questions and speak to as many people as Possible , I did it and ended up speaking to someone I can not remember his name. This person gave me the E-mail address of a Dyncorp International recruiter, I contacted the Recruiter and I got hired, I am overseas now , but I am working on the DOS side , they are not hiring for USDA FOOD INSPECTORS, they are hiring , Pilots and mechanics, big time but you must apply on line and you have to either be aable to get a secret clearance or you must already have one, they are a good company to work for , I love it , they offer lots of rotations you get to go home alot. They are very professional and the company is growing fast, this is a new contract for the Department of State. I feel blessed...

Can you give me the web site information to apply my husband is a mechanic and i have been trying to get him out there for a while please help

Ra- Ra in Spring, Texas

50 months ago

The website is www.dyncorp.com you have to post your resume on their Website, and you must be able to get a Secret Clearance, We are in desperate need of Mechanics
(TO SERVICE OUR AIRPLANE'S) you should apply today.
Dyncorp just picked up another contract on top of this one so now we need more employees, were are seriously hiring. God Bless.

jlo28 in Augusta, Georgia

45 months ago

I have been trying to get on with KBR. Do you have any advice or any contacts that I may be able to forward my resume to?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Job Hunter in Charlotte in Charlotte, North Carolina

45 months ago

Jono in Houston, Texas said: hey i just been offered a position in iraq and i have no ideal what i am getting into. is it somewhat safe to work out there? does KBR insure you? basically is it worth taking the position?

Hey what postion did you apply for and how long did it take before kbr contacted you

Job Hunter in Charlotte in Charlotte, North Carolina

45 months ago

Ra- Ra in Spring, Texas said: you must stay on the Forum and continue to ask questions and speak to as many people as Possible , I did it and ended up speaking to someone I can not remember his name. This person gave me the E-mail address of a Dyncorp International recruiter, I contacted the Recruiter and I got hired, I am overseas now , but I am working on the DOS side , they are not hiring for USDA FOOD INSPECTORS, they are hiring , Pilots and mechanics, big time but you must apply on line and you have to either be aable to get a secret clearance or you must already have one, they are a good company to work for , I love it , they offer lots of rotations you get to go home alot. They are very professional and the company is growing fast, this is a new contract for the Department of State. I feel blessed...

Hey Ra Ra if any drving jobs are open

GO REDSKINS in Kernersville, North Carolina

44 months ago

turned down DYNCORP..the pay was crap compared 2 what kbr paid me for the same job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

powershot in Houston, Texas

42 months ago

GO REDSKINS in Kernersville, North Carolina said: turned down DYNCORP..the pay was crap compared 2 what kbr paid me for the same job

same here..

idriss.ardeyeh@yahoo.com in Djibouti

30 months ago

i supervesor cargo

Ang in Brooklyn, New York

27 months ago

Thanks for responding. While I contacted you believing you to be a recruiter I would very much appreciate any suggestions and/or directions you can offer me on how to go about getting in contact with a recruiter. I would welcome the opportunity to go overseas and work.

Monique Martin in Monroe, Louisiana

19 months ago

Do anyone know how to get a job with KBR,as a warehouse worker,my email moniquemartin939@yahoo.com, THANK YOU!!!!!!

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.