contractor jobs ending?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

promiser2 in Sanbornville, New Hampshire

47 months ago

My husband works for KBR Iraq. I'm worried he won't have a job soon. He says he's good until Dec 2011. Then where do we go?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

theinquirer in USA

47 months ago

Your husband has a huge advantage knowing when his job will end although things could change. I would use that time to beef up the resume with any course possible even if correspondence or online related to what he would like to do after. I would also use that time to find out what potential employers are looking for as far as training and licenses.

I know too many people who knew in advance they would be layed off and did NOTHING with the attitude that 'I'll do unemployment for awhile and then look for a job'. It's almost 3 years since they knew their job would end and 2 years since they were layed off and they haven't found anything yet. TAKE advantage of that lead time knowing your job will end WHILE EMPLOYED.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

promiser2 in Sanbornville, New Hampshire

47 months ago

theinquirer in USA said: Your husband has a huge advantage knowing when his job will end although things could change. I would use that time to beef up the resume with any course possible even if correspondence or online related to what he would like to do after. I would also use that time to find out what potential employers are looking for as far as training and licenses.

I know too many people who knew in advance they would be layed off and did NOTHING with the attitude that 'I'll do unemployment for awhile and then look for a job'. It's almost 3 years since they knew their job would end and 2 years since they were layed off and they haven't found anything yet. TAKE advantage of that lead time knowing your job will end WHILE EMPLOYED.

He's been trying to come home for years now. No jobs here. He thinks contractor will stay and a new contract will start.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.