How to get a job at KBR.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 122)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Theresa Pence in Lebanon, Missouri

61 months ago

JourneeJones-KBR in Houston, Texas said: The dental exam is done in your own hometown by any dental professional that is board certified. Just stating it is unlikely you would be in need of any urgent dental care within the next 6-12 months. You MUST have them fill out a form that KBR sends to you, and then it must be faxed to a SPECIFIC NUMBER. hope this helps.

Journee

Can someone please tell me if there is a waiting period for re-hires. I was contracted as a truck driver in Iraq for KBR and am interested in returning. I have applied to many openings on their website, but still have heard nothing. I still have a valid CDL A w/HAZMAT, Tanker, and combination endorsements, valid passport with min 4 empty pages, and also have prior military service as a 92A, (so I have also applied for logistics warehouseman openings. Please email tlp1313@gmail.com if anyone has any information that would be helpful. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Anthony McCartt in Orlando, Florida

61 months ago

I myself have been applying at KBR for the past 6 months to no avail, until my ex-superintendent told me his brother has been working there for the past 3 years, he is now with TTM in Iraq.
I met with him yesterday while he was home for 15 days.
The advice he gave was pretty much spot on with what alot of folks here are saying, apply for every position that you can fill, and try try try to get ahold of the recruiters.
Myself having 18 years experience in heavy highway and residential construction experience, 10+ years of that in a management role, figured that my resume would be pretty strong. But after 6 months of steady applying and no response from KBR i started to get frustrated until he told me what to do yesterday.
He did take a list that i wrote of all the job positions i applied for and told me he would give the job numbers to his boss, i am hoping that will help.
So if anyone has any recruiter info they can share please email me at amccartt1@yahoo.com
For 18 years ive been building roads and installing underground utilities,managing multiple crews as a general/utility foreman.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

UNIQDEFTECH in Metairie, Louisiana

61 months ago

I had submitted an app w/KBR.After waiting 3-4 months?I had changed jobs as a bookkeeper in NOLA.I was contacted by Journee Jones and advised her that I was committed to this new position.Though I like my current job,something inside me says"Get your tail to the "Sandy Pond".So I have resubmitted all my info again and am waiting to see what happens.This time I shall not fail.I think Journee Jones has a different last name due to marriage...(Penyar?)Anyhow all is well and we look foward to following the rules with the rest of you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

re-hire in Osijek, Croatia

60 months ago

If anyone has any recruiter info they can share please email me at zdebelic@gmail.com
I was contracted as a Laborer Foreman in Iraq for KBR and am interested in returning.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rayne in Houston, Texas

60 months ago

TY33 in Augusta, Georgia said: I HAVE READ ALL COMMENTS ON JOBS WITH KBR, HOW WOLD I FIND OUT ABOUT SKILLED TRADE JOBS? I'M A BRICK MASON AND WOULD LIKE TO FIND EMPLOYMENT IN AFGHANISTAN. HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT THAT? WHAT COMPANY HIRES SKILLED TRADE WORKERS LIKE MYSELF?

THANKS TO ALL THAT REPLY!!

yes go to kbrjobs.com and apply

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

bondsteel in Laval, France

59 months ago

re-hire in Osijek, Croatia said: If anyone has any recruiter info they can share please email me at zdebelic@gmail.com
I was contracted as a Laborer Foreman in Iraq for KBR and am interested in returning.

Thanks

mislim da samo US passport holders sada mogu ici tamo

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

kodiak570 in Houston, Texas

59 months ago

If anyone has any info on a direct number to anyone in HR (it does not even need to be a recruiter) I would love to speak with them about trying to find out my rehire eligibility status.

I have one contract under my belt and I want to go back. I have had no luck in applying online for well over a year now, and after speaking to several former co-workers, HR in Houston is who I need to contact. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kodiak570@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Awilda in Madisonville, Kentucky

59 months ago

Anyone know of a recruiter that I might be able to contact? My husband is supposed to leave on the 25th. I want to go with him,but his recruiter was only hiring for Laborer jobs. He didn't have anything open for women. If anyone could help please email me at oooawieooo@yahoo.com. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

dono in Bixby, Oklahoma

58 months ago

JourneeJones-KBR in Houston, Texas said: The dental exam is done in your own hometown by any dental professional that is board certified. Just stating it is unlikely you would be in need of any urgent dental care within the next 6-12 months. You MUST have them fill out a form that KBR sends to you, and then it must be faxed to a SPECIFIC NUMBER. hope this helps.

Journee

Can you get me connected to a heavy wheel mechanic recruiter? It is time to pay for college twice

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shockcor in Columbus, Ohio

58 months ago

Journee,

Hello ,
My name is John Shockcor 411158 , was over at Camp Taji and served my 12 month service agreement, I have been trying to be re-hired for the last year to no avail.Can help me find that path again, to go back over.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

reynette in gimli, Manitoba

58 months ago

Truck Driver wanting to work for KBR

Valid Passport and entry visa to USA
Recently became Canadian Resident, Background and Medical .
checks passed for immigration. I am a OTR Truck Driver in Canada and the USA, plenty experience and more than ready to go to the Middle East. Got flatbed, tanker and dry van experience.
Can any KBR Recruiter dealing with Truck Drivers please E-mail me at reynettevos@yahoo.com

Thanks
Reynette Vos

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

barrencheri@aol.com in Lawrenceville, Georgia

55 months ago

Host said: Do you work at KBR? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

do you have any position in food or hospital cook dietary

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia

55 months ago

Host said: Do you work at KBR? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Why do you want to work for this company? I have been here for a while now, and am looking to get out ASAP. Unless you are fluent in Bosnian you will not understand most of what is said. Even if you get a job the odds are that you work for a Bosnian that doesn't want you there. You will be assighned the crap work, while their fellow Bosnians sit and drink coffee and smoke. Oh, about the pay, just a few things you haven't been told. If and when you go to Houston, you do not start getting paided until you get to Dubai. You actually do not work for KBR, you work for SEII, which is a Dubai company that KBR owns. This is setup so they do not have to pay any taxes on you and so that they do not have to follow any American employment laws. The only way your money becomes tax free is if you do not spend more than 35 days in the US in a year, if you do the whole year becomes taxable. You work 84 hours per week, you actually get paid less per hour after 40, alot less.

KBR has lost the contract for Afghanistan, and will soon loose it for Iraq. Fluor and Dyn-Corp are going to be the two primary contract holders with many subs. It doesn't appear that much is going to change, it actually looks as though it is going to get worse. Dyn-Corp is only offering a few Americans jobs, these are people that have been here fro years. If you look on Fluors website and read the job descriptions, many say that they will be interviewing in the Balkins and that you must be present.

Good luck with your job search, I would give you mine if I could.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

usaelectrician in kabul, Afghanistan

54 months ago

How can the so called recruters ( head hunters) sleep at night ? kbr is offering desperate American workers extremely substandard wages and never allowing that the going price for a highly qualified American worker overseas is 2 to 3 times the wages and perks of the top kbr jobs. Nigeria,,top qualified electrician,,,4900 u s dollars a week, hotels, business class travel,,paid vacations every 30 days, attractive perdiem, 100% expenses paid, 8 hr work day i have watched this and it almost makes me cry. Tunisia, total reimbursement, almost 200,000 u s. Alaska, 3,400-4,100 us per week plus 100% expenes paid. The kbr exploitation of poor and desperate somewhat qualified electricians is deplorable. Bottom line is the history of logcap. bush incentive for deploying america's armed forces in iraq and afghanistan was the 150 billion dollar logcap. dick cheeney's last job was CEO of houston's halliburton. durring the 1980's halliburton was the #3 cash rich corporation on earth,,,growing by leaps and bounds as their brown and root was winning all 1970's and 80's industrial contracts. no corporation could finance a refinery, insure a power plant, and tool up for a paper mill with wheelbarrows of halliburton cash waiting in the hallway durring bid meetings. bush handed halliburton the logcap on a silver platter with no competition. halliburton had already broke kellogg and bought them for houstons brown and root. b&r was in dire straits with their horrible reputation of over budget and busted schedules all across america and freshly out of the railroad and nuclear fiascos,,hence the name change to kellogg brown and root, based in houston, along with hallliburton, and dick cheeney. any 7th grader can do the math on this. after kbr was found solely responsible for some 27 electrocutions of american troops, the united states sennate demanded kbr begin hiring only licensed electricians and texas had just passed out thousands of licenses to begin their new state licensing program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

usaelectrician in kabul, Afghanistan

54 months ago

kbr has been fired in afghanistan. huge flour and texas's dyncorp is being handed most of logcap . at least one turkey corporation, in houston,,teng form chicago, inlett stubbs (union), and many afghan companies are now responsible for protecting the lives of american troops as kbr and cheeney have been handed their walking papers. the american senate has spoken on this matter. kbr headhunters are refering to this as a hiring freeze as they desperately search for yet another name change to keep the american tax dollars in their shirt pockets as long as possible....this is not about the pathetic brown and root. this as about why american military forces are in iraq an dafghanistan,,,,and why did bin ladin recieve protection for 8 years,,,do you believe that UN, NATO, Afghan< and American military forces can not defeat bin ladin ? or is there a possibility of a financial incentative to keep bin ladin alive ? i know, lets invade iraq and whip bin ladin for the twin towers attacks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sasha in Newark, New Jersey

53 months ago

Is Kbr hiring? I have worked for KBR before=but it is so difficult trying to get back on with them. Can someone help me out?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

sasha in Newark, New Jersey

53 months ago

I would like to come back to anyone know a recruiter who can help me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jamie conners in Pelham, Tennessee

53 months ago

I just got a document called-candidate information form from KBR. I
had aplied for a job there sometime ago. My question to seasoned
KBR employees or contractors maybe silly-Does this mean I have been
hired? Does it mean the recruiter is seeking basic information to
start processing? I tried to contact but I got vocie mail.So I
decided to ask those here that know alot more about processing than
I.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sasha in Newark, New Jersey

53 months ago

It seems as thoughthey are looking atyou as a possib;e canididate

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Howdesdoit in Robertsdale, Alabama

53 months ago

jamie conners in Pelham, Tennessee said: I just got a document called-candidate information form from KBR. I
had aplied for a job there sometime ago. My question to seasoned
KBR employees or contractors maybe silly-Does this mean I have been
hired? Does it mean the recruiter is seeking basic information to
start processing? I tried to contact but I got vocie mail.So I
decided to ask those here that know alot more about processing than
I.

have you already had the phone briefing? Or is this the first you have heard back?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jamie conners in Pelham, Tennessee

53 months ago

No briefing. first heard back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

george premo in San Diego, California

52 months ago

Can someone please help me???
I have been trying to work With KBR as A electrician and i dont know how to get response om them. I have 10 years exspreiance I am certified. I need some tips and advice is there anyone i can talk too. I would be really thankfull i have spent hours and hours seacrhing for it on the computer but i cant find a for sure answers.
Thank you
georgepremo@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alan Ryan in Glasgow, United Kingdom

49 months ago

I am fully qualified Carpenter/Joiner.
Seeking employment with KBR, I have applied for numerous vacancies on the KBR website, and not heard a thing back.
can anyone give me any assistance or usefull e-mail address's for recruiters???

alan-r1@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sasha in Newark, New Jersey

49 months ago

Contact Joe Stephens, he may be of some assistance. joe.stephens@kbr.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Don Dobashi in Tacoma, Washington

49 months ago

I am looking to work for KBR in Iraq, my question is are all the jobs required to have a security clearance. In particular laundry, or billeting?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia

49 months ago

Don Dobashi in Tacoma, Washington said: I am looking to work for KBR in Iraq, my question is are all the jobs required to have a security clearance. In particular laundry, or billeting?

Very few jobs with KBR require a security clearence. Laundry and biliting are not even close to needing a clearence. The only way they might is if the site they wanted you to send you to required it, which would be rare.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Don Dobashi in Tacoma, Washington

49 months ago

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia said: Very few jobs with KBR require a security clearence. Laundry and biliting are not even close to needing a clearence. The only way they might is if the site they wanted you to send you to required it, which would be rare.

Thanks for the feedback Gone Fishing. I guess i better get started. I am almost fluent Arabic will that increase my chances and have my resume looked at sooner since i am looking for a billeting position. Also who is the go to guy in the recruiting department for international recruiting?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia

49 months ago

Don Dobashi in Tacoma, Washington said: Thanks for the feedback Gone Fishing. I guess i better get started. I am almost fluent Arabic will that increase my chances and have my resume looked at sooner since i am looking for a billeting position. Also who is the go to guy in the recruiting department for international recruiting?

There is no direct contact information for recruiting, you have to apply online and wait for them to contact you. As far as the interpreter side, I don't think KBR hires terps, they are sub contractors. It may look decent on your resume, but not a requirement for a billeting job. You would be dealing with mostly KBR employees, in Afghanistan billetiong only did company housing, the military did their own.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Don Dobashi in Tacoma, Washington

49 months ago

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia said: There is no direct contact information for recruiting, you have to apply online and wait for them to contact you. As far as the interpreter side, I don't think KBR hires terps, they are sub contractors. It may look decent on your resume, but not a requirement for a billeting job. You would be dealing with mostly KBR employees, in Afghanistan billetiong only did company housing, the military did their own.

Thanks for the infor again "Gone Fishing" very helpfull brother!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Don Dobashi in Tacoma, Washington

49 months ago

Don Dobashi in Tacoma, Washington said: Thanks for the infor again "Gone Fishing" very helpful brother!

Well i got a hold of Mr. Stephens hes a recruiter for KBR and he emailed me back saying that my resume was forwarded to the recruiter that handles the position i applied for so i guess now i just have to wait and pray they pick me.

Gone Fishing- I would really like to join my wife at the FOB that she is at ASAP, was wondering if you could email me info on what would be my best bet on which companies to apply with. Like which companies are at her base. If you could help please email me and i will give you the FOB base where she is at i am not sure if i should say the location on this forum?
Thanks for all your help.
Don

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia

49 months ago

Don Dobashi in Tacoma, Washington said: Well i got a hold of Mr. Stephens hes a recruiter for KBR and he emailed me back saying that my resume was forwarded to the recruiter that handles the position i applied for so i guess now i just have to wait and pray they pick me.

Gone Fishing- I would really like to join my wife at the FOB that she is at ASAP, was wondering if you could email me info on what would be my best bet on which companies to apply with. Like which companies are at her base. If you could help please email me and i will give you the FOB base where she is at i am not sure if i should say the location on this forum?
Thanks for all your help.
Don

Don,

Your quest to get to a specific site will be difficult. These companies put you where they need you, most of the time it is not really where you wanted to go. If you are looking for info on companies in Afghanistan, I might be able to help some with that. Leave your email and I will try and drop you a line.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Don Dobashi in Tacoma, Washington

49 months ago

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia said: Don,

Your quest to get to a specific site will be difficult. These companies put you where they need you, most of the time it is not really where you wanted to go. If you are looking for info on companies in Afghanistan, I might be able to help some with that. Leave your email and I will try and drop you a line.

Yeah i kinda figured that, one of the suggestion my wife had was to just get over there and if i don't get her camp, she would transfer when she can. Afghan doesn't work for us she is in Iraq, if you know of contracting companies there on base that would be awesome. aa.dobashi@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

nod n.ireland in Blackburn, United Kingdom

42 months ago

can any body really tell me how they get work in iraq or afghanistan ive applied to dyncorp kbr i am a steel fitter ran my own subcontracting firm for ten years had 20 to 30 men ata time working on sites around the uk i have applied for welding labour management dont even get reply is there any uk companies recruiting

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

nod n.ireland in Blackburn, United Kingdom

42 months ago

Host said: Do you work at KBR? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

i would love to know as well ive applied to a few firms just get emails back saying theyve got my aplication may be its because i live in uk

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike Bernard in California

42 months ago

Host said: Do you work at KBR? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Try Fluor they have most of the LOGCAP Contract now

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike Bernard in California

42 months ago

Alan Ryan in Glasgow, United Kingdom said: I am fully qualified Carpenter/Joiner.
Seeking employment with KBR, I have applied for numerous vacancies on the KBR website, and not heard a thing back.
can anyone give me any assistance or usefull e-mail address's for recruiters???

alan-r1@hotmail.com

Try FLUOR

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Fredi Spahiu in Tirana, Albania

42 months ago

I have a question! I have been working in the army. In 2007 I went to Mosul,Iraq for a peace mission. I would like to find a job in Chad,Iraq or Afghanistan near KBR such as a wellkeeping, painter,plumber,woodworker etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

nod n.ireland in Bradford, United Kingdom

42 months ago

its all down to your c.v m8 if thats not right then youve no chance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

paulanderson in Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom

42 months ago

alright nod?

you been over working?
any contacts for recruiters?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brian james irish in ireland, Ireland

42 months ago

paulanderson in Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom said: alright nod?

you been over working?
any contacts for recruiters?

you cant contact recruiters no chance in hell of getting a job like that you have to get your cv in order and apply and apply and apply on the website,gdluck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brian james irish in ireland, Ireland

42 months ago

nod n.ireland in Blackburn, United Kingdom said: can any body really tell me how they get work in iraq or afghanistan ive applied to dyncorp kbr i am a steel fitter ran my own subcontracting firm for ten years had 20 to 30 men ata time working on sites around the uk i have applied for welding labour management dont even get reply is there any uk companies recruiting

Try dyncorp or fluor or supreme group

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nod n.ireland in Halifax, United Kingdom

42 months ago

cheers m8 i keep applying but get nowhere

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Duncan1 in Cowdenbeath, United Kingdom

42 months ago

I was contacted yesterday by a recruiter at KBR about a carpenter position in Iraq. He forwarded me a candidate processing form and asked me to forward copies of my passport and driving licience. I have done so but would like to know the next stage so i can get prepared

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mp999 in Frederick, Maryland

41 months ago

Can anyone give me a civil engineering manager name of KBR Houston,TX

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nod n.ireland in Manchester, United Kingdom

41 months ago

Duncan1 in Cowdenbeath, United Kingdom said: I was contacted yesterday by a recruiter at KBR about a carpenter position in Iraq. He forwarded me a candidate processing form and asked me to forward copies of my passport and driving licience. I have done so but would like to know the next stage so i can get prepared

duncan did you get your c.v done by some one or do it yourself let me know cheers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

nod n.ireland in Manchester, United Kingdom

41 months ago

the uk prof in United Kingdom said: forget supreme i was offered a job $4000 a month. Im going to Afghanistan with Fluor on the 10th of April, they seem to be taking on British guys

ive tried them all it must be my c.v ill have to get it done by someone good luck when you get there

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Duncan1 in Cowdenbeath, United Kingdom

41 months ago

nod n.ireland in Manchester, United Kingdom said: duncan did you get your c.v done by some one or do it yourself let me know cheers

Hey,

I done my CV myself, just make sure you write everything in your CV.... if you work long hours make sure you put that in. Dont try to rush it to get in ito the system, make sure you miss nothing the more information in your CV the better.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Art Taylor in Melbourne, Florida

41 months ago

I have been a commercial construction superintendant for 21 years, I have worked with many electricians, cordinating there work, I am a very likeable person, and I'm very good with running work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

greenergrass in Chester, United Kingdom

41 months ago

I wouldnt pay anyone to write your CV
if yu have the experience and quals you WILL get called!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gone Fishing in Forsyth, Georgia

41 months ago

greenergrass in Chester, United Kingdom said: I wouldnt pay anyone to write your CV
if yu have the experience and quals you WILL get called!!

Wrong answer green. These companies are getting thousands of qualified applicants for every job they post, if your resume doesn't stand out, you will get passed by. I look at it like this, I am very good at what I do and writing a resume isn't it. So I am going to pay someone that is very good a writing one.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.