FIRED FROM KAISER!!!! WHY?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (40)

thebigbang0011 in Burbank, California

34 months ago

What did you do? What position did you hold?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

w.hudson in San Francisco, California

34 months ago

Hello,
LVN, family medicine. I am not aware of any incident taking place

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

thebigbang0011 in Burbank, California

34 months ago

That's weird. Were you working too slow? Not getting along with your co-workers?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

thebigbang0011 in Burbank, California

34 months ago

You need to complain to HR. That's not right. Something is very fishy...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

w.hudson

34 months ago

Exactly. My recruiter won't talk to me she keep blowing me off , just telling me "your app has to prevail" she kind of told me stop calling her.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

thebigbang0011 in Burbank, California

34 months ago

Call her back and say that if she doesn't answer your questions, then she will have to talk to your Labor Dispute Attorney. If she says "fine" then tell her she'll be receiving a letter from him in the mail shortly. Just use scare tactics to make her talk. And perhaps consider getting an attorney.

Or just talk to HR. They're free. And they will definitely respond to attorney threats.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

w.hudson

34 months ago

The only thing I'm concerned about with that's is, it clearly states in the employee handbook that your employment is "at will type of employment" meaning that you can be terminated anytime for no reason. Also I was on probation. I was NEVER late , never insubordinate, nothing. I not sure if I should come at the recruiter in that manner, I just may though. Just call the 800 hr number? You don't think they will look at it like you were only there a few days ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

w.hudson

34 months ago

Please excuse my punctuation and extra vowels. I'm on from my phone its doing something weird :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

thebigbang0011 in Burbank, California

34 months ago

do what you can, you deserve an answer, at the very least you can find out what happened so you can change your behavior if need be, maybe youre doing something wrong that youre unaware of. yes they can terminate you at any time but they should give you A REASON.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

w.hudson

34 months ago

Can they say we don't think you're a "match" as for their reason? Do you think I have a chance? Are you an employee?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

thebigbang0011 in Burbank, California

34 months ago

no im not an employee. i dont know, i think you should try to push and find out what happened. its just a fishy story.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

w.hudson

34 months ago

Oh , yes its stressful. Thank you for your advice :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thebigbang0011 in Burbank, California

34 months ago

just hound your recruiter with questions or threaten legal action due to discrimination. demand WHY you were let go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

cor7383 in Ramsey, New Jersey

34 months ago

Yes they can say you are not a match if you were on a probationary period. You handbook is the real guide. Does it say anything about a disciplinary process? If there is nothing, then the at will statement protects the company. You can quit any time you want and they can terminate you any time they want as long as they do not discriminate against you. If this is a large company, they would not have terminated you without good reason and without legal behind them. It may be something that you are just not aware of. Maybe you learned slower than expected.

People are not willing to talk because anything they say may get them into trouble. Unfortunately, in a case like this, silence is better to the company and the recruiter but not to you. I know it is hard to handle and you do deserve an answer, but you probably won't get one. This just may be a case of move on. See if the recruiter will continue to represent you. If so, then it may be that you were not a match. Maybe you did not fit in with the culture for some reason. eg everyone is quiet and you are loud and outgoing, just an example. Maybe you smoke and took too many breaks, maybe you offended someone and didn't realize it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

w.hudson

34 months ago

Hello Cor7383, yes you are right. I reviewed the handbook it states just what you said, and they do have a culture of their own. As stated above the recuriter kindly told me stop calling her. I'm kind of starting to get over it just a little. Thanks for your input. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

exemployee in New Albany, Mississippi

34 months ago

I have learned you don't need a reason, same thing happen to me. "The Client is not happy with your performance"??????????? I worked my butt off for them, not Kaiser, but other, and got "let go". Oh well. Good riddance take care.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

w.hudson in La Puente, California

34 months ago

It's so hard to swallow when its a dream job. To add insult to injury they keep sending me employee emails as if I still work there :/ just as I start to get over it a lil more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Celia in Los Angeles, California

30 months ago

w.hudson in San Francisco, California said: hello all, I was fired from kaiser last month, for a reason that beyond me. I only worked 11 days total on the floor, I was told this " we just don't think you're a good match. I have nothing ill to say about you and will mark you eligible for re-hire" no incidences, no warning, just boom that's it. My question for current Kaiser employees is , do I really have a chance at getting back in? Should I call and promotemyself? Or just forget about it?[/QUOTE

You pretty much have to be Filipino to make it at kaiser. I was also fired this year but it is now going to a court for wrongful termination. I worked at sunset lamc Kaiser in Los Angeles. 85% Filipino.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Jasmin41599 in Torrance, California

24 months ago

About 2 years ago I worked for kaiser I went into work for 1/2 a day and in the afternoon I noticed that I was not on the schedule I went to my nurse supervisor and asked where I would be in the afternoon she stated that I need to HR and someone there will tell me so I got to HR and spoke to HR rep she advised me that I needed a union rep I responded that I didn't know I needed one so she called one for so the union rep asked me why are you here I told her that I didn't know she asked me if I was on any levels I responded that I had got written up for attendance but it had been a year then she asked me anything earlier I said no so finally we met with HR and there was a lady there from compliance so she said the reason that I was there was because someone called compliance stating that I was in someone chart and they told me the persons name I replied that I did not know who that was but then the union rep I guess new who the HR person was taking about and I responded that I didn't know that he went by that name I knew he went by another name the lady from compliance
Stated that my charts where perfect just that flag that I supposedly went in this chart which I did not so they put me off with pay for about 1 month and they made me resign but my form sayes that I resigned due to other issues but I want to go back should I fight my case or just try and reapply I feel so let down by kaiser because I gave my 110% of my time and for them to treat me like this please give me suggestion

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bailey in Long Beach, California

23 months ago

Unfortunately. If you did not access this chart, then who did using your sign in? I am well versed in Health Connect.. the system is high security. Unless someone else used your sign in, or walked up to a computer that you left unattended there is no other reason for the whole compliance thing.

I am curious. Did they send you home without pay for a month while they reviewed your case? Did they make you resign? Or did they say you can resign or we can terminate. Are you available for rehire? What did they say??

Unfortunately KP is very strict on accessing records only as a need to know basis. If you are honest about your claims and I suspect you are. How could you of accessed a chart without knowing? Accidents do happen... was this possibly somehow an accident? What did compliance say??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bailey in Long Beach, California

23 months ago

Celia in Los Angeles, California said:

I have heard of internal issues at KP regarding discrimination claims/ lawsuits. I wish you luck to find what is right for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jasmin41599 in Torrance, California

23 months ago

Bailey in Long Beach, California said: Unfortunately. If you did not access this chart, then who did using your sign in? I am well versed in Health Connect.. the system is high security. Unless someone else used your sign in, or walked up to a computer that you left unattended there is no other reason for the whole compliance thing.

I am curious. Did they send you home without pay for a month while they reviewed your case? Did they make you resign? Or did they say you can resign or we can terminate. Are you available for rehire? What did they say??

Unfortunately KP is very strict on accessing records only as a need to know basis. If you are honest about your claims and I suspect you are. How could you of accessed a chart without knowing? Accidents do happen... was this possibly somehow an accident? What did compliance say??

When they called me back from the month I was off they stated that I ended went into his chart so they told me either to resign or I would get fired I was not told if I could reapply everyone tells me that I should of got a lawyer and fought my case I feel so betrayed and the funny thing about it is that I talked to the guy that supposedly who's chart i went into and he said that the lady from hr told him to put thathe did not give me permission to go into chart and he said looked like she just wanted to get rid if me I have never done nothing to that lady but I want to know who called compliance I think the person who called compliance is the one that went into the chart under my log on u could of gave me a worning or a right up no force me to resign

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bailey

23 months ago

Jasmin41599 in Torrance, California said: When they called me back from the month I was off they stated that I ended went into his chart so they told me either to resign or I would get fired I was not told if I could reapply everyone tells me that I should of got a lawyer and fought my case I feel so betrayed and the funny thing about it is that I talked to the guy that supposedly who's chart i went into and he said that the lady from hr told him to put thathe did not give me permission to go into chart and he said looked like she just wanted to get rid if me I have never done nothing to that lady but I want to know who called compliance I think the person who called compliance is the one that went into the chart under my log on u could of gave me a worning or a right up no force me to resign

I guess I am confused. Either someone stole your pass word or logged into this colleagues chart. My first question to HR is can I reapply at KP? What is going to be on my records for cause of resigning. ? Why did it take a whole month to figure this out? And..... Where was your Union rep? Did they do anything for you? I know how easy it is to accidentlyblog in wrong chart. Etc. KP is really up front about its HIPAA issues. If you really felt you were really wrongfully fired... An atty should of been obtained. Google wrongful termination kaiser Permanente... You will see first hand the claims out there against your old employer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bailey

23 months ago

Bailey said: I guess I am confused. Either someone stole your pass word or logged into this colleagues chart. My first question to HR is can I reapply at KP? What is going to be on my records for cause of resigning. ? Why did it take a whole month to figure this out? And..... Where was your Union rep? Did they do anything for you? I know how easy it is to accidentlyblog in wrong chart. Etc. KP is really up front about its HIPAA issues. If you really felt you were really wrongfully fired... An atty should of been obtained. Google wrongful termination kaiser Permanente... You will see first hand the claims out there against your old employer.

I am sorry that happened to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jasmin41599 in Torrance, California

23 months ago

Bailey said: I am sorry that happened to you!

I think what happend was I must if left my computer on in the nurses station and they used it and since it was my log on I'm the one that's gets blamed but what about that someone called compliance stating that I am going into someone chart I don't know who called about that because they said that if noone would if called then they would if not of done anything but I'm wondering if I could get a lawyer to fight my case and what u asked about my union ref she did not fight for me at all me and her didn't even discuss the case it looked like she was more with HR than me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jasmin41599 in Torrance, California

23 months ago

I think what happend was that I by accident left my computer on in the nurses station and some one used it because the lady from compliance even stated that my chart where perfect but that there was a red flag on the one chart they are accusing me that I went into and they also told that if nobody would if called compliance that they would of not done anything my union rep did not fight for me what do ever I just feel betrayed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jasmin41599 in Torrance, California

23 months ago

I just want to if I still have a good chance of fighting for my case of if I should just move on

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bailey

23 months ago

I'd still consult an atty for advice... It's peculiar and wrong what happened to you. Just google wrongful termination KP and look at all the cases!.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Christopher in Dallas, Texas

23 months ago

Bailey,

Do you remember the email address format of the recruiter?

I'm trying to get an email to that team but the gatekeepers won't help me.

The info I have is first name.last name@kp.org but I'm thinking that it's first name.middle initial.last name@kp.org.

Please let me know?

Thanks.

Respectfully,

Christopher

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jasmin41599 in Torrance, California

23 months ago

W Houston in Whittier, California said: Out of Fontana ? Just call Resha her number nine zero nine six zero nine three six zero eight or flip the last four around

Who is she is she a union a union rep

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

W Houston in Long Beach, California

23 months ago

No, I thought u were talking abt something else

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Cali Nurse12 in Pasadena, California

18 months ago

It sounds like you may have some wrongful termination issues.
The Mathews Law Group is the firm to use for wrongful termination against Kaiser.
mathewslawgroup.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John in Frederick, Maryland

17 months ago

Mu wife has been employed at Kaiser in the Washington DC area for about 30 years, In management/supervisory the majority of that time. Part of her job involves hiring, terminating, evaluating. She has had people do fine during the probationary period, then it is downhill. The reason for the probationary period gives each a chance to get acquainted. This is very important when unions are involved because termination is much harder after the probationary period. Some people take advantage of that I know for a fact she has pointed employees to a job opening before they are terminated. I have run into some of these people during the course of my medical visits., good people wrong job, second job was better. Not knowing all the facts from both sides it is hard for anyone to tell you why. Were it me, if I am certain for my good work habits, character I would apply for another job at Kaiser, nothing indicated I should not, see what happens or look elsewhere. I am not clear about your representative are they a hiring agent or a Kaiser employee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John in Frederick, Maryland

17 months ago

Leaving your computer on and unattended in a medical facility is a major violation which could drastically affect patient privacy. The regulatory agencies are all over that as well as possible lawsuits. My wife handles these problems. Kaiser has high standards to protect patients privacy as well as provide excellent medical care. I speak from positive experiences there and from negative experiences provided by doctors and hospitals unrelated to Kaiser. You screwed up and should take accountability.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Samantha in Alameda, California

16 months ago

Does anyone know how the on-call shifts work? First day on the job I told them I had a few days that I was committed too and was told that was no problem. Then suddenly it was a problem. I thought the point of on-call was I would give availability and expected that I must work if called for the shifts I signed up for. Does anyone know if that right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

16 months ago

Samantha in Alameda, California said: Does anyone know how the on-call shifts work? First day on the job I told them I had a few days that I was committed too and was told that was no problem. Then suddenly it was a problem. I thought the point of on-call was I would give availability and expected that I must work if called for the shifts I signed up for. Does anyone know if that right?

Its the other way around. They tell YOU when you are on-call?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jessica in Downey, California

10 months ago

Celia in Los Angeles, California said:

Hi,
A similar situation happened to me and I am trying to find a lawyer to help me fight my case, how did everything go for you and do you recommend your lawyer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous2015 in California

1 month ago

cor7383 in Ramsey, New Jersey said: Yes they can say you are not a match if you were on a probationary period. You handbook is the real guide. Does it say anything about a disciplinary process? If there is nothing, then the at will statement protects the company. You can quit any time you want and they can terminate you any time they want as long as they do not discriminate against you. If this is a large company, they would not have terminated you without good reason and without legal behind them. It may be something that you are just not aware of. Maybe you learned slower than expected.

People are not willing to talk because anything they say may get them into trouble. Unfortunately, in a case like this, silence is better to the company and the recruiter but not to you. I know it is hard to handle and you do deserve an answer, but you probably won't get one. This just may be a case of move on. See if the recruiter will continue to represent you. If so, then it may be that you were not a match. Maybe you did not fit in with the culture for some reason. eg everyone is quiet and you are loud and outgoing, just an example. Maybe you smoke and took too many breaks, maybe you offended someone and didn't realize it.

That's what happened to my husband. He only worked there 3 weeks, and they just fired him and made him ineligible for hire. He was in the pit of hell known as the call center. The commute didn't help, either. Does this mean he can't ever get hired again through KP or just for that particular type of work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous2015 in California

1 month ago

Anonymous2015 in California said: That's what happened to my husband. He only worked there 3 weeks, and they just fired him and made him ineligible for hire. He was in the pit of hell known as the call center. The commute didn't help, either. Does this mean he can't ever get hired again through KP or just for that particular type of work?

Meant to write ineligible for RE-hire.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

goldstar in joplin, Kentucky

1 month ago

John in Frederick, Maryland said: Leaving your computer on and unattended in a medical facility is a major violation which could drastically affect patient privacy. The regulatory agencies are all over that as well as possible lawsuits. My wife handles these problems. Kaiser has high standards to protect patients privacy as well as provide excellent medical care. I speak from positive experiences there and from negative experiences provided by doctors and hospitals unrelated to Kaiser. You screwed up and should take accountability.

I am troubled by this as people do make mistakes (so do computers), and what really makes me angry is... it is possible someone was lurking around, maybe distracted her with the purpose of setting-her-up, or the whole thing is possibly a lie. On some level it is defamation, but I am seeing this sort of thing as a way to exploit cheap labor (which of course, there are plenty of over-qualified, underpaid people, to keep moving people through the "mill"). Always, with a backlog of short-term people to BLAME, in the event there is some sort of issue. I am seeing alot of this in multiple industries, and presume it is also a way for insecure managers to keep their own tenuous positions!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.