Hiring Process at Kaiser

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (40)

EKG Tech/MA in Vallejo, California

48 months ago

Hi, does anyone know the hiring process at Kaiser? I received an e-mail from Kaiser with a link to an Employment Application online. The application asked for references, work history, address history, SSN, and DL number. What would be the next step? Or do they send this kind of e-mail to everyone who applies at their website? Thank you in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (79) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

EKG Tech/MA in Vallejo, California

48 months ago

Misty in Los Alamitos, California said: They generally do not send the employment application link unless you are under serious consideration. Has anyone contacted you for an interview?

Hi Misty, thank you for your reply. No, they have not contacted me for an interview. I received the employment application link on Nov. 15th. I also called my previous employer to ask if anyone has contacted them as my reference but they said no one has contacted them either. Does it usually take this long before they contact me for an interview? I really appreciate your help. Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

SandJunkie in Rancho Cucamonga, California

43 months ago

What do the pay days fall on? Was just hired on.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Willowshine in sf, California

42 months ago

What is the hiring process for Kaiser. I applied for a position and was later sent a link to finish the job application. I was also sent a questionnaire to answer. It was a list of question of my skills. Anyone have any luck with this or can give me some insight on thier process. Much appreciated. :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Willowshine in sf, California

40 months ago

EKG Tech/MA in Vallejo, California said: Hi Misty, thank you for your reply. No, they have not contacted me for an interview. I received the employment application link on Nov. 15th. I also called my previous employer to ask if anyone has contacted them as my reference but they said no one has contacted them either. Does it usually take this long before they contact me for an interview? I really appreciate your help. Thanks again.

Hi I was wondering if they ever contacted you for the job. The sent me the same information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

BabyMama808 in Irvine, California

33 months ago

Willowshine in sf, California said: Hi I was wondering if they ever contacted you for the job. The sent me the same information.

Hi did any of you got a contact from them? I'm on the same boat! Got their email 2 weeks ago and still waiting! Please let me know!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Leyoyo in San Marino, California

31 months ago

BabyMama808 in Irvine, California said: Hi did any of you got a contact from them? I'm on the same boat! Got their email 2 weeks ago and still waiting! Please let me know!

I fill out the form. HR contact me that they will schedule for an interview. I provide my available time but no respose yet. It is very weird.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BabyMama808 in Portland, Oregon

31 months ago

Leyoyo in San Marino, California said: I fill out the form. HR contact me that they will schedule for an interview. I provide my available time but no respose yet. It is very weird.

Had an interview, 2 weeks later someone from KP called asking several questions. In the end he then told me that this was another part of the interview... Said he will call back either yes or no. Still waiting! It's been about 3 weeks since that call... Idk what's going on?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Skittlezz2012 in San Jose, California

28 months ago

I been applying for several positions with kaiser and finally received an email for an online app also received a call from HR asking me to come in and take the PC skills test and so i took the test two days later i passed it. a week later HR calls back to schedule me for an interview so i went, i thought the interview went pretty well she asked me if she check my references and i said yes ofcourse she almost sounded as if she was going to offer me the position after she does that and HR lady said she was going to get back to me so one week passed didnt hear anything i even sent her a thank you letter 1 day after the interview no reply back from her so 1 1/2 weeks later call her leave her a voicemail asking her to call me back but didnt hear anything 3 weeks( which was last friday) i call back finally got a hold of her she said she was still interviewing other canidates... sooo im still waiting but applying for other positions as well. but ughhhh.. but im soo frustrated with kaiser's HR dept! especially after reading all the reviews on this topic!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Informer in Vancouver, Washington

24 months ago

Kaiser is notorious for being hard to get into. I worked there for almost 2 years. To get my position, I had to endure 14 seperate interviews over a period of 6 months. I took the job because the salary was high, and the benefit package was great. I had lofty expectations from the company and hoped to work there the rest of my career. I did love fact that a majority of the people at KP are nice and want to do a good job. However, I've never experienced such a bureaucratic nightmare to get anything done. Outside of the hospitals, work moves at a glacier-like pace, and the business processes are convoluted. Worse, most people just accept the wasted time and inefficiency, and they become passive-aggressive about improvements and change. Management is terrible in general, and there is little "world class" level leadership to be found in the company. My direct manager was the worst I've ever had in my 20 year career, and I couldn't wait to get out. The issues reported here about Kaiser HR and hiring managers being slow to answer e-mails are all true - it's the culture of the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andre med rec clerk in Norco, California

21 months ago

Hello all, been trying to get into kaiser for over a year now. I've been applying for everything under the sun. I thought that volunteering would give me a leg up but along with reading everyones comments I realize how hard it is to get in to Kaiser. I even have a letter of recomendation from the department supervisor but again nothing. Sometimes I wonder if I'm doing everything right. Anyway I'll just keep applying, something has to stick.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Andre Med Rec clerk in Norco, California

21 months ago

Update!!! I finnaly got my foot in the door. I asked my dept. manager if there were any companies that contracted with Kaiser and I followed up on them. Next thing I know I recieved a call form the temp agency and got the job. It's been along year but certainlly worth it will keep you guys posted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ming in San Dimas, California

21 months ago

Andre Med Rec clerk in Norco, California said: Update!!! I finnaly got my foot in the door. I asked my dept. manager if there were any companies that contracted with Kaiser and I followed up on them. Next thing I know I recieved a call form the temp agency and got the job. It's been along year but certainlly worth it will keep you guys posted.

Hello,

Thats good to hear. Are you in medical records dept?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Ming in San Dimas, California said: Hello,

Thats good to hear. Are you in medical records dept?

Soon will be just need time to leave my other job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kimberly EVS in Richmond, California

20 months ago

I just had my interview for EVS n Redwood City Ca,what is the next step? How long before they contact me to say I have or don't have the job? The manager said we had a really good interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tina EVS in Walnut Creek, California

19 months ago

Kimberly, I received a phone call from a Kaiser recruiter, three weeks ago, he set an interview date for today 4/18. At the beginning the recruiter stated that before we left, we would be informed if we had a job or not, 6 positions to fill. The interview took 5 1/2 hrs. There was 3 parts to the whole interview process. Written question and answers, Communication skills (stand before the crowd and sell yourself), then the oral panel one on one. Kaiser offered me a job. I was told the letter with the job offer will go out tomorrow, once I except the background check and a drug test will be completed before we start orientation.

I/we were told Kaiser will be opening more hospitals soon like this year can't remember exactly where (Oakland, Fremont, Hayward????)
Kaiser said they will be hiring 20 more EVS employees next week Wednesday 4/24/2013 to work at the new Oakland hospital, then they will hire 16 more EVS employees in June of this year 2013. I just checked Kaiser job opportunities and applications are still being excepted.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tina EVS in Walnut Creek, California

19 months ago

Kimberly, I received a phone call from a Kaiser recruiter, three weeks ago, he set an interview date for today 4/18. At the beginning the recruiter stated that before we left, we would be informed if we had a job or not, 6 positions to fill. The interview took 5 1/2 hrs. There was 3 parts to the whole interview process. Written question and answers, Communication skills (stand before the crowd and sell yourself), then the oral panel one on one. Kaiser offered me a job. I was told the letter with the job offer will go out tomorrow, once I except the background check and a drug test will be completed before we start orientation.

I/we were told Kaiser will be opening more hospitals soon like this year can't remember exactly where (Oakland, Fremont, Hayward????)
Kaiser said they will be hiring 20 more EVS employees next week Wednesday 4/24/2013 to work at the new Oakland hospital, then they will hire 16 more EVS employees in June of this year 2013. I just checked Kaiser job opportunities and applications are still being excepted.

kjwoolgar in Escondido, California

17 months ago

Does Kaiser welcome candidates from professional recruiters for mid-management and above or positions? Highly skilled, advance degree candidates?

Elynne in Reseda, California

17 months ago

Hello all, has anyone had any luck getting into the Panorama City, or Woddland Hills Kaiser? I have applied for multiple positions, know 2 nurses and a call center lead and they have all advised me that you just have to continue to hassle HR. Is this the only way?? They said its no longer who you know, unless of course you know someone in HR. Please help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Elynne in Reseda, California

17 months ago

Hello all, has anyone had any luck getting into the Panorama City, or Woodland Hills Kaiser? I have applied for multiple positions, know 2 nurses and a call center lead and they have all advised me that you just have to continue to hassle HR. Is this the only way?? They said its no longer who you know, unless of course you know someone in HR. Please help!

Bluetea in Texas

17 months ago

Elynne in Reseda, California said: Hello all, has anyone had any luck getting into the Panorama City, or Woddland Hills Kaiser? I have applied for multiple positions, know 2 nurses and a call center lead and they have all advised me that you just have to continue to hassle HR. Is this the only way?? They said its no longer who you know, unless of course you know someone in HR. Please help!

Just happen to see this. My niece is a Medical Assistant and she says that at Kaiser it is who you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Veronica in San Diego, California

16 months ago

EKG Tech/MA in Vallejo, California said: Hi, does anyone know the hiring process at Kaiser ? I received an e-mail from Kaiser with a link to an Employment Application online. The application asked for references, work history, address history, SSN, and DL number. What would be the next step? Or do they send this kind of e-mail to everyone who applies at their website? Thank you in advance.

Hi, I was told by the temp service company of Ajilon, that going through them is almost the only way to get into KP. I am in San Diego however. I have an appointment with Ajilon tomorrow to register and hopefully get into KP in the future. Hope this helps you or someone else !!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

stacy in Bakersfield, California

16 months ago

Does anyone know what the pre employment test for a monitor technician/ Ekg technician at kaiser looks like? How many questions? Multiple choice?

16 months ago

Actually I'm un Member Services

Valerie Johnson in San Leandro, California

15 months ago

I have and interview with Kaiser Richmond Ca for a MA I'm very stressed because I really want the job I've trying to get in for at least 13 years. I just want to know what are some of the questions that they ask you in the interview. I just want to Ace the interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Valerie Johnson in San Leandro, California

15 months ago

Hi Kimberly, You posted your comment about 5 months ago, Just saying that to say have you been call regarding the position, If so I have an interview with Kaiser Richmond Ca Fri. I just want to know some of the questions they ask you in the interview.

vero MA in Sonoma, California

15 months ago

Skittlezz2012 in San Jose, California said: I been applying for several positions with kaiser and finally received an email for an online app also received a call from HR asking me to come in and take the PC skills test and so i took the test two days later i passed it. a week later HR calls back to schedule me for an interview so i went, i thought the interview went pretty well she asked me if she check my references and i said yes ofcourse she almost sounded as if she was going to offer me the position after she does that and HR lady said she was going to get back to me so one week passed didnt hear anything i even sent her a thank you letter 1 day after the interview no reply back from her so 1 1/2 weeks later call her leave her a voicemail asking her to call me back but didnt hear anything 3 weeks( which was last friday) i call back finally got a hold of her she said she was still interviewing other canidates... sooo im still waiting but applying for other positions as well. but ughhhh.. but im soo frustrated with kaiser's HR dept! especially after reading all the reviews on this topic!

HOW DID YOU PASS THE TEST I TRYED AND I DIDNT PASS IT DID YOU STUDY SOMETHING IN PARTUCULAR CAN YOU HELP ME BUT AM NOT SURE IF I HAVE ANOTHER CHANCE TO DO IT AGAIN.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Skittlezz2012 in San Ramon, California

15 months ago

I think u only get one chance to pass it.. You have to pass the PC test 80%or higher I had a 100%. If you know basic computer you'll pass it.. It's super duper easy!! About 30 questions and there's a timer .. You will get 45 mins but I finished in 15 mins .. it was that easy!! No need to study!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Vero MA in Sonoma, California

15 months ago

Do they have like multiple choice or about programs i would like to get an idea , thank you for the reply

Skittlezz2012 in San Ramon, California

15 months ago

Yep it's multiple choice questions. You'll do fine best of luck to you :))

Missgee21 in Plano, Texas

12 months ago

I've been applying with Kaiser for quite some time now and get the job alerts as well. I recently got an email from Kaiser's recruitment services stating that there is a position open which matches the criteria that I applied for along with a background check authorization form. I've gotten these emails before but never with the background authorization form. Does this means that I can expect a job offer?

Bluetea in Texas

12 months ago

Missgee21 in Plano, Texas said: I've been applying with Kaiser for quite some time now and get the job alerts as well. I recently got an email from Kaiser's recruitment services stating that there is a position open which matches the criteria that I applied for along with a background check authorization form. I've gotten these emails before but never with the background authorization form. Does this means that I can expect a job offer?

No. A hundred other people got that same email.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brookelyng in Norco, California

11 months ago

Andre Med Rec clerk in Norco, California said: Update!!! I finnaly got my foot in the door. I asked my dept. manager if there were any companies that contracted with Kaiser and I followed up on them. Next thing I know I recieved a call form the temp agency and got the job. It's been along year but certainlly worth it will keep you guys posted.

Hello Andre, what company did you use? I have been trying to get into Kaiser for over a year now. Is it true you need to know someone inside? I have applied for over 20 positions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

11 months ago

I used APR Consulting. I know others have used Rose International.

Roxanna gonzalez in South Gate, California

11 months ago

Hi would you be so kind as to share the name of the agency that you went with to get into kaiser please i too have been wanting to get in for a over a year now. Any information would help thanks a lot.

Sharon Powell in Fairfield, California

10 months ago

I just received an email from Kaiser HR to take skills test. I am so excited however my email doesn't say for what position. I have applied for so many, who knows. Lolol. I take my skills test at Alkar for typing, Excel and Word. Folks can try through Alkar also for placement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Missigirl in Escondido, California

9 months ago

Anyone have any tips on practicing for the cash handling test? I am good at math but apparently my skills have diminished and I need to be faster...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SkittlesBeastSausages in Vancouver, Washington

9 months ago

It is nice to see that I am not the only one experiencing difficulties with Kaiser. I was starting to think HR managers just sit back and take their paycheck, now I know they do. They're costing their company money by not doing their jobs. My externship was with Kaiser and I noticed that the clinic I worked in was so understaffed that they were using me as an auxiliary MA; just having me work with NPs and Physicians where they needed me without supervision from a so called mentor. There was no time for training because almost every day I worked I was not even on the same team as the person who was my supposed mentor/trainer. When I asked about receiving training on phone encounters and getting signed off on injections and doing manual BPs, my supervisor said, "there is just not enough time for that."

I was rooming patients on the second day of my externship. The supervisor assigned to me claimed that event had only ever occurred one other time in that clinic. My performance review at the end of my externship looked better than most of their current employees. If it hadn't been for the HR department moving at the speed of a tectonic plate there would have been a job posting at that clinic before I left my externship. Instead the position that I knew was open during my externship did not get posted until 2 weeks after my externship. And even though I have a letter of recommendation from a current employee of Kaiser and 2-3 of my references are Kaiser employees, I have yet to see any progress in obtaining a position with Kaiser.

I have applied to over 40 positions now in Oregon and Colorado and have yet to be called or even receive an e-mail past their ego stroking "Due to the high interest of volume, you are no longer being considered... this in no way reflects your qualifications..." It has been 5 months now that I have been applying to Kaiser and I am starting to lose hope that I will ever get a call or email saying that they want to interview me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Prafullamukhi in Pleasanton, California

6 months ago

I have been applying for the Workplace Safety Ergo Specialist (5732)(Job Number: 247126)
for the past 3/4 months.one in Hayward,5months ago in Union city Kaiser online taleo and never ever got any one reply from them. Donot know wht is the hiring process and are these jobs for real!!!!!
Can anyone help me out. At least give some reply like we are in the process or your are rejected. Some reply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Beegee in Encino, California

15 days ago

Elynne in Reseda, California said: Hello all, has anyone had any luck getting into the Panorama City , or Woddland Hills Kaiser ? I have applied for multiple positions, know 2 nurses and a call center lead and they have all advised me that you just have to continue to hassle HR . Is this the only way?? They said its no longer who you know, unless of course you know someone in HR. Please help!

Hi I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you ever got hired? And how long it took? I just submitted my resume through indeed last week Tuesday and got a link to the kaiser page . Did the online application and the survey two days later HR called me for an interview.. I went this Wednesday and it wasn't really an interview it was a computer test? And customer service test both online. I didn't even get interviewed? Then I passed both they called me back for a 2nd interview ? Which will take place this Monday...But apparently it's more testing? this time on interpretation since I put I was bilingual so that's happening on Monday and they sent me a study guide and everything over an email. The position I'm applying for is cashier/receptionist and it's for panorama... I just don't know if that means I'm in or half way in or what? I don't know anyone who works at kaiser or has worked.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.