Kaiser testing - medical terminology, typing 45wpm, excel and power point

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (19)

ArmaniLtd in San Francisco, California

68 months ago

Can anybody out there tell me what to expect on the testing at KAISER PERMANENTE - medical terminology, what should I expect-multiple choice?
Also Excel and Word - what is expected...doing a spreadsheet and a word document..or multiple choice??
I have testing next week and want to be fully prepared.
Thanks a bunch!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (223) / No (35) Reply - Report abuse

5thfish in Vallejo, California

61 months ago

ArmaniLtd in San Francisco, California said: Can anybody out there tell me what to expect on the testing at KAISER PERMANENTE - medical terminology, what should I expect-multiple choice?
Also Excel and Word - what is expected...doing a spreadsheet and a word document..or multiple choice??
Thanks a bunch!

How did your test go? Can you help with any questions that were on there? Mine is this week-
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

5thfish in Vallejo, California

61 months ago

ArmaniLtd in San Francisco, California said: Can anybody out there tell me what to expect on the testing at KAISER PERMANENTE - medical terminology, what should I expect-multiple choice?
Thanks a bunch!

Can you give me any info about the medical terminology exam? Mine is this week. How many questions?
Thanks-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (72) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

EKG Tech/MA in Vallejo, California

44 months ago

Ms. Nicole in San Francisco, California said: Hi Armai, I can comment on the Excel, Word and Access. Be prepared to stay at least 2 hours for all 3 tests. If you know the basics to Word (i.e., opening, closing document, saving document, Mail merging, Headers/Footers (installing page #s, etc., you should be good to go. EXCEL: Saving, Open/Close documents, Save, merge chart or graphs into Excel. It will then ask you to rename the document and reopen it and merge with a Word document; I recall it asked questions like, "how do you SAVE in Excel; well, you can chose the Icon or command keys.

Sorry, I am currently studying for the terminology. However, from my understanding, they allow you to take it four times. Someone else gave a good example on what to expect for the terminology. I tried to find it to paste it here so you all could see. Anyways, Good luck to us all and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Hi Ms. Nicole,

I was wondering if you can give me some information about Kaiser's hiring process. I received an e-mail from Kaiser with a link to an Employment Application online. The application asked for references, work history, address history, SSN, and DL number. What would be the next step? Or do they send this kind of e-mail to everyone who applies at their website? Thank you in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Wooty in Los Angeles, California

36 months ago

I just took the tests today and it really does depend on your skill level (at least for microsoft word, excel, and powerpoint) The tests can take up to two hours, but if you are familiar with using the programs, you can be in and out within an hour and 15 minutes.

Typing test: 6 different typing tests in which each is timed at 7 minutes (so 6 x 7 = 42 minutes of typing) with a break inbetween each of the tests. The topics centered on graduating, career choices, etc.... basically a typing test. Take online typing tests and you will be fine.

Each of the following tests below have 20 questions per section which range from basic to intermediate. You have 2 attempts to answer each question. Be VERY careful with these sections as there are no allotment for "misclicks."

Microsoft Excel 2003: I was caught with my pants down on this test and scored unacceptably in the bottom 20th percentile. Topics include: saving, opening/closing, forwarding via email, saving file as a template, subtraction from one cell to another, A SUMTOTAL for a chart, inserting a chart, Inserting a pie chart, hiding a column, sort data by descending order, type in a basic formula (=sum b2+b4), adding consecutive numbers in a column (select 3 rows above and then drag the bottom right black square to 3 rows below), create a pie chart for selected data, wrap text to center, conditional formatting, insert date & time into the excel sheet, changing the permissions so that others may edit the spreadsheet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jayme in West Sacramento, California

27 months ago

Wooty in Los Angeles, California said: I just took the tests today and it really does depend on your skill level (at least for microsoft word, excel, and powerpoint) The tests can take up to two hours, but if you are familiar with using the programs, you can be in and out within an hour and 15 minutes.

Typing test: 6 different typing tests in which each is timed at 7 minutes (so 6 x 7 = 42 minutes of typing) with a break inbetween each of the tests. The topics centered on graduating, career choices, etc.... basically a typing test. Take online typing tests and you will be fine.

Each of the following tests below have 20 questions per section which range from basic to intermediate. You have 2 attempts to answer each question. Be VERY careful with these sections as there are no allotment for "misclicks."

Microsoft Excel 2003: I was caught with my pants down on this test and scored unacceptably in the bottom 20th percentile. Topics include: saving, opening/closing, forwarding via email, saving file as a template, subtraction from one cell to another, A SUMTOTAL for a chart, inserting a chart, Inserting a pie chart, hiding a column, sort data by descending order, type in a basic formula (=sum b2+b4), adding consecutive numbers in a column (select 3 rows above and then drag the bottom right black square to 3 rows below), create a pie chart for selected data, wrap text to center, conditional formatting, insert date & time into the excel sheet, changing the permissions so that others may edit the spreadsheet

Thank you for your feedback. I have to take all three tests this week and I'm trying to study the medical terms. What kind of terms are on the tests. I dont know if its about taking medication, body parts, types of surgery, etc. Can you please help me out? Thank you.
-Jayme

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

1Step2Destiny in Nottingham, Maryland

9 months ago

Thanks a bunch!

The typing test was six one-minute typing paragraphs. Once completed you will get an average score

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

9 months ago

Thanks a bunch!

The typing test was six one-minute typing paragraphs. Once completed you will get an average score.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Meri in Pittsburg, California

9 months ago

I will be taking a medical term test for kaiser on friday. What should i expect.
Any help or tips as of what to focus on studying ?

9 months ago

Meri in Pittsburg, California said: I will be taking a medical term test for kaiser on friday. What should i expect.

How was it? What type of questions?

9 months ago

Meri in Pittsburg, California said: I will be taking a medical term test for kaiser on friday. What should i expect.

What type of questions? How was the test?

9 months ago

Coding just know your guidelines and basic coding abbreviations. Example ICD9CM and the meaning. Each test for each job and location is different.

Cristina95128 in Milpitas, California

9 months ago

I think I wil have a brain stroke, these days????????

9 months ago

@Cristina95218 WHY? :(

missmunoz in Perris, California

9 months ago

hello everyone, im taking my medical terminology test in the morning tomorrow in riverside california, has anyone taken it there before? what should i study ? what should i epect? someone please help me?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dcahi9 in Sacramento, California

6 months ago

missmunoz in Perris, California said: hello everyone, im taking my medical terminology test in the morning tomorrow in riverside california, has anyone taken it there before? what should i study ? what should i epect? someone please help me?????

How was your terminology test? I have mine on Monday, what should I expect?

4UKJ in Vacaville, California

3 months ago

Thanks a bunch!

Practice using TOSA by Isograd. It's an online skill testing site for Microsoft applications such as: Word, Power Point, Excel, java, ect. You can retake the test multiple times and the questions slightly change each time you retake the exam. The exam consist of 10 timed questions, so keep retaking until you (at least ) reach top 25% each time you take it. Kaiser requires you to score 65% Word and 70% Excel. Know the standard uses and basics of the programs. If you are not good with mail merging, watch the YouTube video by Kipper. It's a step by step instruction of merging with Word and Excel 2007.

I hope this was helpful!

KJ

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

S.C. M.A in Rialto, California

3 months ago

I just took the typing test & call center assessment test and passed with 95%

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

S.C. M.A in Rialto, California

3 months ago

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.