ONCALL WITH KAISER

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

CINDY in Long Beach, California

90 months ago

I JUST GOT OFFERED A JOB WITH KAISER BUT ON-CALL, IF ANY ONE WHO HAS WORKED ON CALL HOW DOES IT WORK AND HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE 2 BE ON-CALL TO BECOME FULL-TIME, HOW ABOUT BENEFITS?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Ann in Fresno, California

89 months ago

Check with your union rep-the Kaiser I worked for considered 20 hours a week to be a benefitted position. Stay around long enough then bid into positions as they come up. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

queenie in Sacramento, California

88 months ago

CINDY in Long Beach, California said: I JUST GOT OFFERED A JOB WITH KAISER BUT ON-CALL, IF ANY ONE WHO HAS WORKED ON CALL HOW DOES IT WORK AND HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE 2 BE ON-CALL TO BECOME FULL-TIME, HOW ABOUT BENEFITS?

Unless you really want to be at the beckon call of Kaiser, I wouldn't bother. I've been trying to get a permanant position for a year now & no such luck. In November of this year I'll have wasted 2 years of my life on-call with them. Still no job, no benefits.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lourdes Garcia in Palmdale, California

85 months ago

CINDY in Long Beach, California said: I JUST GOT OFFERED A JOB WITH KAISER BUT ON-CALL, IF ANY ONE WHO HAS WORKED ON CALL HOW DOES IT WORK AND HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE 2 BE ON-CALL TO BECOME FULL-TIME, HOW ABOUT BENEFITS?

You do not have UNION REP since you are on call. The best you can do is apply to all those internal positions posted inside the board bulletin or online. It is up to you to become a permanent employee. No benefits at all while you are on call. you have to make it happen. Kaiser will be happy to keep you on call forever!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.