How to get a job at Kaiser Permanente.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 172)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Kaiser Permanente? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

CHRISTINA PONCE in Santa Rosa, California

86 months ago

I WANT TO GET INTO THE MEDICAL FIELD. I HAVR A FEW YEARS EXPERIANCE WITH ADMINITRATIVE AND RECEPTIONIST POSTION AND WAS WONDERING IF YOU HAD ANY OPENINGS IN THAT FIELD? PLEASE EMAIL ME BACK WITH THIS INFORMATION. THANK YOU.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (140) / No (63) Reply - Report abuse

Stu Levin in Palo Alto, California

86 months ago

Okay! There are opportunities for each of us to improve proof reading.

If we are to help the originator of this conversation thread, does anyone have any suggestions to help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

me in Stockton, California

86 months ago

Stu Levin said: Okay! There are opportunities for each of us to improve proof reading.
If we are to help the originator of this conversation thread, does anyone have any suggestions to help?

I clicked on these replies originally in order to hear the answer, as I'm also interested in applying for employment at Kaiser, but I got distracted by all of this other nonsense. Is there someone out there who can keep his or her grammar gemlin in check and answer some specifics about Kaiser?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

metoo said: Yes, I agree that the "mean" critics are just that!
I wish to help with what the poor author wants. I applied for years, cold off the boards and internet.
All this ....no luck. Then I had someone I knew keep me posted in the Dept. with my specialty and bamm, I had an interview and was rushed through the mountains of paperwork, physicals, shots, orientation. It was
ridiculous. This was my lifetime goal, I needed the benefits and actually trained to work at Kaiser , my dream job. I would have stayed there forever.
Beware, this dept. was very jealous. The women very mean and unaccepting. I was told that they didn't like women of my age group and to beware. Sure enough
they managed a way to lie and get me out of there before my probation. This was to Kaiser's detriment because I personally (they kept track) increased from bottom of the revenue generation to the top third person in only 2 months. The patients wrote so many letters to my boss praising how they tho't I helped their needs and was so friendly and happy at what I did.
The moral of the story.....now I have heard all too many of these same stories. Some even worse.......
It is like the biggest "click" of women you will ever
have to endure. Each dept. groups up certain people and you will have to sit there, bite your tongue and hope and pray your job will be there the next morning if they don't get together and hate you in the night for existing.
I think you ought to save yourself and your family the heartache. The writers that are critcising you are real, they are employees of Kaiser and it is a testimony to the validity of this story.
Lots of luck but look elsewhere. There are hospitals that have staff that is happy and grateful to be working to help the public, not be putting in time and oppressed.
I hope I check back and don't see anyone else doing grammer checks on e mails. Let's be supportive people.

I am new to the area. My husband told me that Kaise

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (58) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

metoo said: Yes, I agree that the "mean" critics are just that!
I wish to help with what the poor author wants. I applied for years, cold off the boards and internet.
All this ....no luck. Then I had someone I knew keep me posted in the Dept. with my specialty and bamm, I had an interview and was rushed through the mountains of paperwork, physicals, shots, orientation. It was
ridiculous. This was my lifetime goal, I needed the benefits and actually trained to work at Kaiser , my dream job. I would have stayed there forever.
Beware, this dept. was very jealous. The women very mean and unaccepting. I was told that they didn't like women of my age group and to beware. Sure enough
they managed a way to lie and get me out of there before my probation. This was to Kaiser's detriment because I personally (they kept track) increased from bottom of the revenue generation to the top third person in only 2 months. The patients wrote so many letters to my boss praising how they tho't I helped their needs and was so friendly and happy at what I did.
The moral of the story.....now I have heard all too many of these same stories. Some even worse.......
It is like the biggest "click" of women you will ever
have to endure. Each dept. groups up certain people and you will have to sit there, bite your tongue and hope and pray your job will be there the next morning if they don't get together and hate you in the night for existing.
I think you ought to save yourself and your family the heartache. The writers that are critcising you are real, they are employees of Kaiser and it is a testimony to the validity of this story.
Lots of luck but look elsewhere. There are hospitals that have staff that is happy and grateful to be working to help the public, not be putting in time and oppressed.
I hope I check back and don't see anyone else doing grammer checks on e mails. Let's be supportive people.

I agree with the sarcasm. Let's be adults here. I

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

I agree with not using the unnecessary sarcasm. I am new to the area and was going to apply with Kaiser but, shish, who knows now. Who needs to deal with petty things when you are trying to work? Either these people are young in age or young in maturity. Whichever, doesn't sound like a likeable group of people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Reply to this person:
hate fat chix in San Leandro, California

metoo has a valid point. If there is a group of people (especially females) that have singled you out because there is something about you they don't like it is totally possible to convince a supervisor that they are not doing their job. Maybe she had the wrong color of skin, maybe she was overweight, or had a killer body and someone was a bit jealous, or maybe she didn’t want to stand around and talk but just wanted to work. Maybe others were jealous of her work and work ethics. She said she was let go, and yet you accused her of being fired? Where did that come from? If you're tired of hearing about the "losers" that complain about not being treated fairly, well, if it walks like a duck..... get the picture? There might be some truth to what they all are saying.

Your name alone says it all. So, I don't doubt a word that metoo said. In fact, she probably worked with you!

You know I wasn’t going to apply with Kaiser because of this mess, but I think I just might. And I hope I have the pleasure of working with you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Me in Oakland

86 months ago

Kaiser is a very large company so it depends on where you work and who you work with. Basically, it's up to you on how you manage your career at Kaiser. If you're not happy in one department then seek a job in another department. Many people who work at Kaiser have been there a long time. Kaiser has great people. I got my job from the internet -- no magic. If you get in the door and prove yourself -- you generally can build a good career. It is helpful to know people so determine how to build your network.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Justme Andmeagain in Upland, California

86 months ago

It's unfortunate that Kaiser itself hasn't seen this site and stream of invective commentary. Their attorney's would love it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

metoo

86 months ago

Newbie: Proper thanks to you for your support. I wish you all the best. Kaiser has fantastic benefits for you and your family. In Optical in our area the girls in the depts. do not like fat, hard workers who make them look lazy. There is so much nepitism that I lost my job because I was older, got in on time, stayed till the job was done, didn't gossip, was pleasant to everyone regardless of how badly I was being treated,
and they knew I loved my new job. They tho't to bump me out because the boss was away and they could use something that he would have no control over so they got their heads together and got their relative in....
So look what I was spared!! There is always a blessing from God in every negative...we just have to look for it. There are good private Docs that treat us certified Opticians just as well and we aren't like factory Opticians. I wish you much luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Via Islar in Benicia, California

86 months ago

I am interested in the housekeeping position for Kaiser. How do I go about getting an interview for that position. I find it very hard to even get a response back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (41) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

roscoe in Los Angeles, California

86 months ago

Anonymous said:
You need to learn to spell. Found too many typos in your e-mail. If you HAVE EXPERIENCE in ADMINISTRATIVE
POSITIONS all of which you had misspelled, your spelling should be better than this; these are not fifty dollar words...basic words that a high schooler would automatically know. My advise to you, always, always, always proofread/check your spelling(s)!!!! A must as an admin in any capacity (executive, senior, entry-level) and/or recepitionist as well. Your boss is not there to correct your misspellings.
did you mean advice ?? lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

roscoe in Los Angeles, California

86 months ago

roscoe said: did you mean advice ?? lol
that was meant for the oregon spellchecker who ripped that question apart...lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Executive Admin in Portland in Portland, Oregon

86 months ago

I started by checking patients in, over ten years ago in the Northwest Region. Worked my way up, added skills and learned how to get along with people. KP is great company to work for, and has some excellent managers. With that said, my position was recently cut, and due to the poor financial outlook of the NW Region at this point in time, I'm choosing to look at another major healthcare player instead of trying to "cling" to a fantastic set of benefits and vacation package. I'm taking my severance package and walking away.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sabrina in Oakland, California

85 months ago

Funny, your story sounds just like mine. I applied at Kaiser for YEARS, and out of the blue received a response back after I had applied for an on call job. I was poked and prodded and tested and two TB tests later I finally started my job. From the moment I walked through the door I was greeted with hatred and jealousy. None of the women spoke to me (which was perfectly fine with me), my trainer ignored me completely, and I basically taught myself to do the job. The job was cake compared to my previous job, another reason for the evil click of overweight and bitter women to hate my guts. The men and the management constantly commented on how fast and well I caught on, while my trainer and my fellow female workers always were able to find something I did wrong. It got to the point where I was leaving work in tears daily trying to figure out why everyone hated me. Needless to say, after my 4 weeks of "training" was over, I went back to my full time job and waited for a call back to finish my "extended training" since apparently I had "a lot of weak areas" according to my so-called trainer. The purposely scheduled me an additional two weeks of training that they knew would interfere with my regular job, and when I told them there was no way for me to leave my permanent job for two weeks straight to train for a job that was 'on call' not to mention a job I already knew how to do perfectly well, I received a certified letter stating that I was terminated due to lack of abililty. One week before my probation. Coincidence... I think not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

chrissy

85 months ago

Sabrina said: Funny, your story sounds just like mine. I applied at Kaiser for YEARS, and out of the blue received a response back after I had applied for an on call job. I was poked and prodded and tested and two TB tests later I finally started my job. From the moment I walked through the door I was greeted with hatred and jealousy. None of the women spoke to me (which was perfectly fine with me), my trainer ignored me completely, and I basically taught myself to do the job. The job was cake compared to my previous job, another reason for the evil click of overweight and bitter women to hate my guts. The men and the management constantly commented on how fast and well I caught on, while my trainer and my fellow female workers always were able to find something I did wrong. It got to the point where I was leaving work in tears daily trying to figure out why everyone hated me. Needless to say, after my 4 weeks of "training" was over, I went back to my full time job and waited for a call back to finish my "extended training" since apparently I had "a lot of weak areas" according to my so-called trainer. The purposely scheduled me an additional two weeks of training that they knew would interfere with my regular job, and when I told them there was no way for me to leave my permanent job for two weeks straight to train for a job that was 'on call' not to mention a job I already knew how to do perfectly well, I received a certified letter stating that I was terminated due to lack of abililty. One week before my probation. Coincidence... I think not.
So sorry to hear that you had an awful expierence with kp training there will always be haters thats a cycle of life that doesn't go away. Re-apply again this time once your in don't let anyone push you out. It's like a game if the haters are older, kinda ugly, not as shapely, then they will pick on you if you are young, pretty, shapely and think you know it all. Even if you do know it just do it
their way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

metoo

85 months ago

So sorry to hear that you had an awful expierence with kp training there will always be haters thats a cycle of life that doesn't go away. Re-apply again this time once your in don't let anyone push you out. It's like a game if the haters are older, kinda ugly, not as shapely, then they will pick on you if you are young, pretty, shapely and think you know it all. Even if you do know it just do it
their way.

Hey there, are you in Optical? I don't know who you are replying to but read my posts and my story, could be one in the same. My supervisor suddenly took off the whole probationary time on sick time and vacation. He had no knowledge this crap was going down.
When he came back after hiring me prior to leaving he had tears in his eyes and said he had nothing to help me since he wasn't around and apologized. For the record I am older and fat but still pretty. The girls were haters of older employees stating that they had a couple (who I liked really well, great at their jobs and didn't gossip). Coincidentally like you, the men and I joked and got along quite well and that didn't settle with the longer employees. Now since I am locked into that one dept and position if I reapplied and by some miracle from God was rehired, they are the same group of people and they would pull the same lies again! First off they would remind that I was let go...they are a hideous group and I suppose at some point in time there will be retribution but maybe not in my lifetime. I did my job much better and caught on fast, self trained as they didn't want to give me the time of day just on simple computer operation since the only thing I didn't know what the software system. Screw it......we can't look back to painful. I have to still go by the dept since I have that health insurance and my Doc is upstairs. Everytime I do it is like a knife in my heart and soul.
The ones that have a job there are mostly going to die in there never to leave.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

metoo

85 months ago

Whoops, I think I replied to Crissy .....Sabrina. I need to spell and grammer check myself. Shame on me. I hope you could even read it. I barely could.
Sorry for your experience. There are other opportunities and if you are a spiritual person then maybe this is a sign that this environment isn't for you. I was so stressed out and confused that I felt like a teen drama queen everyday after work. I was the sickest I have ever been during that 3 mo period, coincidentally never had that type of illness since. You figure it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

I was actually in the communications department. I was an operator for the hospital. My supervisor was not so sympathetic. She pretended to be, but she started the week before I did and I think she was afraid to rock the boat for fear of being treated the way I was being treated. Some supervisor. I sat in her office on several occaisions and told her I felt uncomfortable and that my "trainer" was trying to start arguements with me in front of everyone. Her words exactly, "they are just hating on you because you are prettier than them. I will take care of it." But she didn't. She even admitted to having noticed how bad they were treating me but did nothing. And the following week I called her in tears because the new rumor was that I only liked light-skinned people and refused to talk to the dark skinned people! That sent me over the edge. But ofcourse nothing was done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Sabrina in Hayward, California

85 months ago

Im sure it is a great place to work when people don't hate your right off the bat. I would have loved to continue working for Kaiser, unfortunatley the women in my department did not feel the same. I have nothing agains Kaiser as a business, but the way certain employees choose to operate unfortunately sucks for people such as myself. Plus, you are in Maryland. Folks may act different here in the bay area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Deborah in Akron, Ohio

85 months ago

Justme Andmeagain said: It's unfortunate that Kaiser itself hasn't seen this site and stream of invective commentary. Their attorney's would love it.

Ever hear of free speech? Yeah, I bet people are just shaking in their boots for fear of Kaiser's attorneys contacting them. If people have had bad experiences with this employer or any other for that matter, they are free to discuss it,whether you like it or not.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

So it's okay to harass fellow employees and discriminate against them? But its not okay to tell the TRUTH about those experiences that people like me had to deal with? Whatever. If you don't like it, don't read it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

John in South San Francisco, California

85 months ago

Anonymous said:
You need to learn to spell. Found too many typos in your e-mail. If you HAVE EXPERIENCE in ADMINISTRATIVE
POSITIONS all of which you had misspelled, your spelling should be better than this; these are not fifty dollar words...basic words that a high schooler would automatically know. My advise to you, always, always, always proofread/check your spelling(s)!!!! A must as an admin in any capacity (executive, senior, entry-level) and/or recepitionist as well. Your boss is not there to correct your misspellings.
Well if you think you can spell better than Cristina, you need not to show it to people. Read her question again and respond with a direct answer. Do not just correct her spelling! I hope you will not experience the same mistake because the fact that nobody is perfect(maybe only you).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

veronica Rodriguez in Pinole, California

85 months ago

CHRISTINA PONCE said: I WANT TO GET INTO THE MEDICAL FIELD. I HAVR A FEW YEARS EXPERIANCE WITH ADMINITRATIVE AND RECEPTIONIST POSTION AND WAS WONDERING IF YOU HAD ANY OPENINGS IN THAT FIELD? PLEASE EMAIL ME BACK WITH THIS INFORMATION. THANK YOU.
I been in the medical field like as a caregiver for 3yrs. but I went to Bryman Colleges as a Medical Assitante and I would like an opporttunies to work for Kaiser. If you any question regardind you can reach me at 925-300-5415

Thank you,
Sincerely

Veronica Rodriguez

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Donna in Fontana, California

85 months ago

Back in the early 1990's I had tried a lot to get hired on at Kaiser, mostly in the customer service, administrative or admissions departments. I had gone through a few interviews at different times for different positions but they always wanted to put me on call which I didnt go for. Once they did hire me full time but for a complaint center which I turned down and was glad I did because I found out that it was really horrible to deal with all the complaints. Anyway, back then an admitting clerk (and she was young and very pretty) told me that she had worked at Kaiser for about 7 months and that NOW it was great. But apparently 'Kaiser employees or your department' treat you really bad for the first 6 months to see if you'll last. Like some sort of initiation. She said she didnt know until afterwards, but she went home everynight crying about her job because how mean they were to her, and trying to decide should she stick it out or quit? She stayed (obviously) and said now it is her dream job. She also said everyone is BIG TIME clickish. So...this is what I heard........Hope this helps anyone. And BTW, Loma Linda University Medical Center in So Calif isnt any better. LLUMC is from my own experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Tampa, FL in Tampa, Florida

85 months ago

IF any of you or anyone that you may know are looking for Clinical or Home Infusion Pharmacist full-time positions, you should shoot me an email. I am a permanent placement search consultant working with Pharmacists in a couple different veins of the medical industry.

I am based out of Tampa, FL, but I have clients throughout the U.S. region.
[Edited by Host] Contact info deleted

Please do not post Contact info in the forums.
If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in
www.indeed.com/my/profile

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Kecia in Pleasanton, California

84 months ago

t

Newbie said: Reply to this person:
hate fat chix in San Leandro, California

metoo has a valid point. If there is a group of people (especially females) that have singled you out because there is something about you they don't like it is totally possible to convince a supervisor that they are not doing their job. Maybe she had the wrong color of skin, maybe she was overweight, or had a killer body and someone was a bit jealous, or maybe she didn’t want to stand around and talk but just wanted to work. Maybe others were jealous of her work and work ethics. She said she was let go, and yet you accused her of being fired? Where did that come from? If you're tired of hearing about the "losers" that complain about not being treated fairly, well, if it walks like a duck..... get the picture? There might be some truth to what they all are saying.

Your name alone says it all. So, I don't doubt a word that metoo said. In fact, she probably worked with you!

You know I wasn’t going to apply with Kaiser because of this mess, but I think I just might. And I hope I have the pleasure of working with you.

You are so immature! Why don't you live your life and realize what's really important!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

84 months ago

This thread has gone off topic. Does anyone have advice about getting a job at Kaiser Permanente?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Arlene Wesson in Cypress, California

84 months ago

I believe by volunteering.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

David in LA, California in Valley Village, California

84 months ago

I have worked for Kaiser for the past year. If you are concerned about security and benefits this is the place for you. Kaiser is about as "old school" as they come with their package.

As far as getting in. My personal connection was to a recuriter who was "hooked" into the HR people in Kaiser. My personal experience has been that many people start as contract employees and then get hired full time. This has been changing recently due to increased scrutiny on the use of contract employees. The other method that I have seen people get in has been through friends or acquaintances suggesting them for the position. The one that works the least is simply answering a HR job posting. The HR team overall is weak and quite often does a lackluster job of getting the candidates in front of the hirers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth Mendoza in Lancaster, California

84 months ago

I was considering a job at Kaiser,but after reading everyone else's comments on how employees treat each other, it scares me. I can't believe people now a days still do things like that,especially in the Medical field where we are supposed to help the ill and injured, I don't get it. I have been a Medical Assistant now for eight years and recently moved up to the Lancaster,CA. area. I have been looking for work up here for a couple months now and have had no luck, but still trying. I thought this would be a great place for me to continue my career,now I'm not so sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Via Islar in Vallejo, California

84 months ago

You know since I've been in the working field , the people I'v worked with had alot of issues. But as I kept my foot down and remembered why I was there, them negative people didn't matter. Don't let other people discourage you from a job that you love. Because you know what, they are miserable with there life. Or there's something they like of you. Never give up on anything. Just as you finished Medical School, you will find a good job. Doors are always going to close but there's one that is just waiting for you. Think positive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

Elizabeth
I have a good friend that works for Kaiser and she said really the only way to get in is to know someone. Don't give up. There are other Health Care Facilities up here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

David Mash in Mason, Ohio

84 months ago

You are so right! I would NEVER hire someone who could not spell and who could not use the English language.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Carol in Orlando, Florida

84 months ago

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas said: This thread has gone off topic. Does anyone have advice about getting a job at Kaiser Permanente?

Yes, and it would be nice to hear about technology jobs. I'm in a Radiologic Technology program, and am scouting companies and locations for when I get registered.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Suraya Entezam in Oakland, California

84 months ago

I would like to work at fremont,hayward,union city california if there is any job open.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ann in Beltsville, Maryland

83 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Kaiser Permanente? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Be very careful gettinghred at Kaiser--they are getting rid of mid-levels inthe Mid-Atlantic region and replacing us with docotrs. The rumor is that they will eventually follow suit across the country.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Nisa Husain in Los Angeles, California

83 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Kaiser Permanente? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

No, I search on Internet

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dashawn

83 months ago

I am a new grad with a GPA of 3.97. After I attended a job fair in my home town, I was swept of my feet by Kp recruiter. I have surfed their website since December 2006 for a prn position as pool nurse. After countless attempts, I have decided to apply for other nursing facilities. Thank goodness, I am now happily employed with a company that really values its workforce.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Suraya Enatzam in Fremont, California

83 months ago

I Would Like To Work At Fremont, Hayward, Union City, California, If There Is Any Open.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Nurse in MD in Washington, District of Columbia

82 months ago

Deborah Graham in Baltimore, Maryland said: I spoke a with Kaiser Employee who stated this a nice place to work at.As a nusre I'm sure I will enjoy it to.

I'm a KP employee and I love my job. The benefits are great and so are majority of the people. There will always be difficult people, that's something you learn to live with or open your own business. I applied online through hotjobs and was called the next day for an interview. I guess it depends on the position. I'm a nurse. I've been with KP for a year and I am currently considering a move. I've been offered another position within the company. From day 1 I know I would retire from KP. Good luck for those of you who are trying to get in. They offer the best benefits I've seen. The salary is OK. It may not be the best but they make up for that with benefits and other perks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Suraya Enatzam in Castro Valley, California

82 months ago

Suraya Enatzam in Fremont, California said: I Would Like To Work At Fremont, Hayward, Union City, California, If There Is Any Open.

Yes, and it would be nice to hear about kaiser permanente jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

I like to know if there is any opening in kaiser permanente job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

anon in Medford, New Jersey

82 months ago

Think twice about this company.

They were actively "assisted suicide physicians".

Quite a paradox for a "health care" company!

For $40 in drugs, they can eliminate the "problem" members.

Google it. Here is one reliable source.

www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-smith081902.asp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra in Riverdale, Georgia

82 months ago

I am a phlebotomy graduate with a 4.0 gpa with clinical experience,but I am very good at what I do. Please help me get in.779

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

82 months ago

I like to know if Kaiser Permanente in california is hiring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Orange County, Ca

82 months ago

I have been offered a job at KP but they are offering considerably less money than my previous employer and the other companys I've interviewed with. The benefits and opportunity for advancement, not to mention the experience I'll gain, make this an attractive offer.
All these negative comments are giving me second thoughts!
Are the benefits worth the lower salary?
Any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lc

82 months ago

Anonymous in Portland, Oregon said: You need to learn to spell. Found too many typos in your e-mail. If you HAVE EXPERIENCE in ADMINISTRATIVE

as annoying as the typos are, I think it's more annoying that the question on how to get the Kaiser Permanente job is not answered.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

John M in Dallas, Texas

82 months ago

Getting into Kaiser, or any major sized organization, is extremely difficult to impossible for an "Outsider". In most cases, even if you know someone inside, who is not at a senior or executive level, it can be easier but still has to go through the HR (Human Rejection) Department. Your cover letter and resume/CV are scanned electronically for specific 'key words' in the documents. No key words...into the 'recycle bin'!

If you're lucky enough to pass that screen, then there's the next hurdle...internal candidates! Major companies prefer to 'grow their own'. In short, the internal people get first 'crack' at the job before any external candidate is selected for the next screen.

Best way to get around all the road blocks is to know someone, or someone who knows someone, internally with the 'right connections' to get around the HR process. If the person is connected with the hiring manager inside...your chances increase tremendously.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.