How to get a job at Kaiser Permanente.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 180)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

tired_of_KP in Walnut Creek, California

91 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Kaiser Permanente? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Well, I've worked at Kaiser for 7 years, and the bureaucracy is starting to drive me insane. Kaiser generally pays well, but after about 2 years you really start to hate your job. Is it worth it? I wrestle with that every day :(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

rayetta pallay

91 months ago

i am an r.n. of 30 yrs.now that my daughter is off to college i am trying once again to land a full time job with k.p.. i was recently on line at your site, and there seems to be a few openings. is the nursing shortage over? or are you recruiting only specialty nurses?.i have a masters degree from columbia univ, i worked with the elderly for a few years; i.e. snf and home health. i am hoping that there would be an opened position in one of your facilities in a radius closer to the san gabriel valley.this position does not necessarily have to be within the home health division, but could be administrative, relating to seniors. i would greatly appreciate a response from you. a final question. are you guys considering opening up a home health facility in one of your offices in pasadena? i know that the kaiser clinic is still in pasadena, and it seems to be doing well. it would be a great place to locate a home health trailer with a small team of nurses to cover the local and adjacent areas. being positioned along side the clinic also makes the procuring of supplies very convenient. what about your corporate building? that could be a good alternative if the clinic does not work out.in any case, until the pasadena home health is opened,:) i am available to do home health (or other senior business) for you.in the event that i am employed as a field nurse, i can cover the areas of glendale,pasadena, altadena, temple city, duarte, la canada, la crescenta, tujunga, sunland, monrovia, arcadia, alhambra, san marino, so. pasadena, sierra madre, rosemead. other areas are negotiable.i am awaiting a response, hopefully a positive one. thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Saint Paul, Minnesota

90 months ago

Anonymous in Portland, Oregon said: You need to learn to spell. Found too many typos in your e-mail. If you HAVE EXPERIENCE in ADMINISTRATIVE
POSITIONS all of which you had misspelled, your spelling should be better than this; these are not fifty dollar words...basic words that a high schooler would automatically know. My advise to you, always, always, always proofread/check your spelling(s)!!!! A must as an admin in any capacity (executive, senior, entry-level) and/or recepitionist as well. Your boss is not there to correct your misspellings.

You need to check your own spelling before you go telling others to check their spelling. I think you meant advice not advise. Also, you did not use complete sentences. "A must as an admin in any capacity (executive, senior, entry-level) and/or recepitionist as well." is not a complete sentence. Sentences contain subjects and verbs. I guess we are all prone to errors. That is what makes us human.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

medical amanda in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

no one spells in the medical field, they all use med terms

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Bruce in Torrance, California

90 months ago

how the heck did this evolve into flames about spelling? I thought it was supposed to be about getting a job (or how hard it is to) at Kaiser.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Paria Mahmoudpour in Mountain View, California

90 months ago

somting about computer, typing , accounting

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Suraya Enatzam in Fremont, California

90 months ago

Please let me know if there any opening.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

marinamills1@yahoo.com in Torrance, California

90 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Kaiser Permanente? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Yes I work at kaiser Permanente in California
we are moving to Hilo.I will Love to keep working
with in the same company. See if job #56185 is still open.
I post my resume yesterday.Marina Mills 1-310-619-3310

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Myra Oakland Ca.

90 months ago

I too, use to work for Kaiser OAK. The young new girls that work their are very mean . IF they are friedly with their superviser you can forget that job, exspecially if they have a friend that they want to have that position. They actually make life very hard for you if you are a good nurse and don't play the click thing,share your money or your food.That is if they don't eat the patients food they do that all the time and take it home.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

scorpchik in Fremont, California

90 months ago

Hi, I have applied for a Recruiting position at Kaiser and want to know their interviewing procedure.
Any Inputs??
Thanks!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

toni in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

let me know when you find out, please because i have the same problem.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CphT in Smyrna, Georgia

90 months ago

When I interviewed in the Pharmacy there was a "Panel" interview (2 people) and then the Pharmacy Director interviewed me individually. I didn't meet my direct manager until after I had already completed 2 weeks of training at other locations.

As far as getting the interview... I applied online. My resume is pretty strong. Nothing really special about the procedure though. They contacted me via email and set up a phone clearance and then invited me for the in-person interviews. 2 days later I had an offer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

marinamills1@yahoo.com

90 months ago

would like to be part of the Kaiser Permanente team. I tried applying online but haven't recieved any responds. I allrady
work for Kaiser Permanete in California. we are moving in December to hawaii. Marina

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Safety Guy in Wethersfield, Connecticut

90 months ago

For crying out loud! If KP is half as catty as its comments section then no wonder people don't stay there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

SALENDAR SINGH in Modesto, California

90 months ago

I WORK FOR A MEDICAL FOUNDATION ALREADY IN MODESTO, I WOULD LIKE TO MEET A RECRUITER IN THE AREA.(CLERICAL & ADMISD ONLY)
PLEASE ADVISE........

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bay area in Fremont, California

89 months ago

Nurse in MD in Washington, District of Columbia said: I'm a KP employee and I love my job. The benefits are great and so are majority of the people. There will always be difficult people, that's something you learn to live with or open your own business. I applied online through hotjobs and was called the next day for an interview. I guess it depends on the position. I'm a nurse. I've been with KP for a year and I am currently considering a move. I've been offered another position within the company. From day 1 I know I would retire from KP. Good luck for those of you who are trying to get in. They offer the best benefits I've seen. The salary is OK. It may not be the best but they make up for that with benefits and other perks!

I've been trying to get into Kaiser for over two years. I have always tried through the website, never got a response. Eventually I found out that I should go into their HR dept, each area has their own. After I took some tests(for Administrative positions) I had two interviews. Neither panned out, but at least I felt I had moved to the next step. But long before this, I actually did some clinical rotations when I was in school, studying to be an XRay tech. I "worked" at Kaiser for 6 months but never felt accepted. I brushed it off because I thought they treated all students the same. I dropped out of that course, but still had a bad taste from the way I was treated, which wasn't just from the women- the men were pretty bitter too(and I wasn't fat or ugly) which led me to believe they were all just bitter. Moving forward, I still want to work for Kaiser, as most of the posts state, the benefits are excellent and I want to retire from Kaiser. I have worked in another healthcare facility where I was treated really badly, unaccepted and basically they drove me out. Now I work in a hospital as an assistant safety officer, and although the people are great, the bene's aren't. I keep applying and I have alot of admin exp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

terry hull in Rocklin, California

86 months ago

i have a 'group' interview for an on-call pharmacy clerk position this Friday with zero guaranteed hours. if successful, then i will face another panel, then role play, etc. why so many hoops?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sariah lara in Daly City, California

85 months ago

I am looking for a permanente job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

marisol619 in Chula Vista, California

85 months ago

well i hop you will help me out to get a god job. and i also have some certificate's that code help well i hop i will hare some thing from you.

Patti in Antioch, California

84 months ago

Well, I'm not quite sure of what I misspelled.Sorry it offended you. Not perfect, Patti.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kallista in Palo Alto, California

80 months ago

Regarding getting a job with KP:

They have job fairs, which are very helpful for information gathering, as is perusing their website.

Keep in mind, they recieve thousands of applications every month on their main website--and if you aren't shining bright enough to stand out of that, you will be lost in the shuffle.

Look up your LOCAL KP hospital/clininc, or the one you want to apply to, and find out who their Human Relations contact is who deals with applications.

Also, you need to know which position/department you are applying for.

Finally, if you haven't had any prior MEDICAL experience or completed qualified training, and if you haven't completed an extern/internship with Kaiser yet, your odds of getting in are slim to none. They screen applicants for competence and knowledge, and willingness to continue in-house training, which is a crucial part of the medical field. That said, they don't want to have to "break you in". They assume a proper candidate has a clue as to what they are doing, and will not need to be "babysat".
Give yourself a leg to stand on before hopping all over trying to get hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Deborah in Akron, Ohio said: Ever hear of free speech? Yeah, I bet people are just shaking in their boots for fear of Kaiser's attorneys contacting them. If people have had bad experiences with this employer or any other for that matter, they are free to discuss it,whether you like it or not.

Attorney interest, as I believe the other poster intended, would be in preparation for wrongful dismissal lawsuits from employees. That would be the only legal ground gained from these discussions, and it would pertain to internal affairs only.

Wrongful dismissal counts towards any type of "firing" that cannot be proven to be a genuine lack of ability to perform described duties, and/or illegal activity. It's actually pretty hard to legally fire someone who has been doing an honestly great job.

However, 99% of the time, employers can find a legitimate reason to let someone go if they feel like it--it's near impossible to be a 100% perfect employee 100% of the time. A medical typo on a Pt. chart can endanger someone's life, and yes, its grounds for immediate dismissal as per the supervisor's discretion. Mentioning ANYthing about a Pt.'s chart to anyone not directly working on their medical case? HIPAA violation and illegal, by the way. Canned. Racist/sexist comment about staff? Canned. Rude ring tone on your cell phone? If it has racist or x-rated lyrics--or can even be INTERPRETED that way--you're canned.

They don't need to look. Most hospital/clinic employers terminate an employee who hasn't even realized they're walking on thin ice. Behavior and gossip that would be ignored in any other type of office setting can actually be illegal in a medical office--and will be enforced. Say/do the wrong thing within 10 feet of a Pt., and the entire office is now liable for what that Pt. chooses to do with it. Very costly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Emory in Fremont, California

80 months ago

How do i apply for a job at the hospital

80 months ago

How do i apply for a job at the hospital?

80 months ago

Please email me some information on how i can apply for a job position at kaiser. Thank you

E Scott in Oakland, California

80 months ago

I am in the process of getting hired but its still kind of up in the air, so I don’t want to jump the gun and ask them about benefits so I thought one of you guy could help. Can anyone tell me what kind of health plans they offer? If I’m getting hired, its going to be at the Fremont facility (GSSA? region). Do they offer other plans other then Kaiser? I doubt they will. Also I’m going to be hired for a part-time either 24 or 32 hr position is there a difference between the health plan benefits. Thank you for you help.

80 months ago

E Scott in Oakland, California said: I am in the process of getting hired but its still kind of up in the air, so I don’t want to jump the gun and ask them about benefits so I thought one of you guy could help. Can anyone tell me what kind of health plans they offer? If I’m getting hired, its going to be at the Fremont facility (GSSA? region). Do they offer other plans other then Kaiser? I doubt they will. Also I’m going to be hired for a part-time either 24 or 32 hr position is there a difference between the health plan benefits. Thank you for you help.

Definitely ask them about the benefits package--they expect you to inquire about it. They offer their own health insurance plan, as it is obviously the most cost effective for them to do. As for benefits available for part time--you will need to find out what their specific requirements are. There is a minimum probation period after hiring before any benefits kick in, typically 90 days. Full benefits usually do not begin until a certain number of hours and/or a certain amount of time has elapsed (i.e. 700 hours or 6 months).
Check with your liaison for more details on their specifics. It will also show them you are serious about long-term employment, as these are long-term issues.
Hope this helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sandy in Van Nuys, California

79 months ago

First of all everyone no you have to be determine & consistant, bugging them so they can put a name with your resume laying on that desk with the other (1000) resumes. Alot of Kaiser positions, the promotions R within the company,I use 2 be down there all the time, taking test but not alot from outsider get in so easy. You have to know somebody that know somebody R if you have the (Gift 2 Gab), just don't give up. However you can try a Temporary Agency that have a contract with Kaiser. Me myself, I went through a temp agency to break into the medical field and from there they picked me up with permanent position at Healthnet Inc and now I have been here over 3yrs..Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

April in Antioch in Antioch, California

78 months ago

I am thinking about trying to get a job at Kaiser as a Pharmacy Tech. I'd like to know what the techs are paid. No reason to apply if the wages aren't close to my current wages.

Lupe Galaviz in Los Angeles, California

78 months ago

I've submitted a resume, just following up.

78 months ago

April in Antioch in Antioch, California said: Kaiser start off anywhere from $13.00 per hour and up, depending on the position...Good Luck

madonna maqdoor in firfield, California

77 months ago

I like to worke at kaiser permanente Ihope there is opening for me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

how long does it take to gets your papers processed. i was offered a job, and asked to submit my app in, as well as a drug test, and they recently ran a bg check on me, but havent heard anything from hr. its been about a wk since my bg check, and it came back with nothing negative, but i havent heard from anyone! have they changed their mind about me?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Scott in Oakland: Have you heard of the saying: No news means good News.....Saying that if they took the time to spend money for you to have a Background and all your paperwork have been processed. Everything will turn out well..Just have patients, they will be calling you soon...Sounds like everything is in order for you...Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

Sandy in Van Nuys, California said: Scott in Oakland: Have you heard of the saying: No news means good News.....Saying that if they took the time to spend money for you to have a Background and all your paperwork have been processed. Everything will turn out well..Just have patients, they will be calling you soon...Sounds like everything is in order for you...Good Luck

Sandy in Van Nuys, Thanks for your response. I was just worried because usually I don't get responses from any place that I apply to. And when Kaiser did call me i got all excited. I know I shouldnt worry, but I cant help but worried. Thanks again Sandy in Van Nuys you response really helpd.

Dana K in Burlingame, California

75 months ago

E Scott in Oakland, California said: Sandy in Van Nuys, Thanks for your response. I was just worried because usually I don't get responses from any place that I apply to. And when Kaiser did call me i got all excited. I know I shouldnt worry, but I cant help but worried. Thanks again Sandy in Van Nuys you response really helpd.

I was wondering if you ever got the job? I was just offered a job, just did a drug test and they said they are doing a background check. After that is complete they say that I will get an offer letter. What did the total time turn out to be? I just want to know what to expect. Thanks in advance for a response!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ArmaniLtd in San Francisco, California

74 months ago

I applied on-line and was contacted by the recruiting office within a few weeks - to take a few tests- I am curious what I should expect on the testing and want to do well!!

Can't give you any advice...I haven't taken the test yet! But, if everything goes well, I'll definitely post a comment...Thanks for your reply..What are the chances of any advice on my posting??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

I'm in an admin position and the testing was really easy typical word, excel, powerpoint. Today was my 2nd day on the job and so far I love it! Good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

SREYA in ATLANTA, Georgia

73 months ago

IS ANYONE HERE AN ADJUSTMENT SPECIALIST?? I HAVE A PANEL STYLE INTERVIEW COMING UP AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW SOME THINGS THEY LOOK FOR.

StacyBr in Montebello, California

72 months ago

Dana K in Burlingame, California said: I'm in an admin position and the testing was really easy typical word, excel, powerpoint. Today was my 2nd day on the job and so far I love it! Good luck to you!

Dana K,

I am interested in an admin. position. I was wondering if you knew someone who helped you get in (which I've been reading is almost the only possible way to get in)or if there is anything else I can do. If you have any advice to get in, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance for any insight!!

bruce in Torrance, California

72 months ago

why do these post from YEARS ago keep popping up? no new posts?

72 months ago

Just apply to every job you're interested in online and if they like your resume one of the recruiters will call. I just applied online and got extremely lucky. I LOVE my job the benefits are great and I have never been so happy to go to work in the morning!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EyeAli in Sacramento, California

72 months ago

I can't believe some of the things I am hearing. I've worked for Kaiser for 12 years. From the time I applied to the time I got my first on-call position it was about 6 months. I started out on-call(working 40hours/week) for a full year before I got my benefited full time position. (the economy was good at the time)The benefits are wonderful, and being in a union it does take A LOT to get a person fired. I work in subspecialty and am not considered an MA. I've had wonderful managers and since I've been in the department and have a lot of seniority I train as well.It takes someone who knows the department and who WANTS to train. We don't get any extra pay for it. You need to be your own advocate. If you feel they aren't doing their job. Speak up to a manager and they'll find you someone else. My only advice is keep work work and if you do happen to go out after work with the girls. LIMIT IT. The ones that talk behind your back and seem to be out to get you are the ones that aren't happy in their own lives. They drink and party all the time. Just remember who you are and you'll be fine. Good luck to you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

_Alexandra_ in Yucaipa, California

59 months ago

Hey Donna,

I noticed you are from Fontana,CA. I JUST got hired for Kaiser Permanente's pharmacy call center there in Fontana. I've been inside the building a lot & i have observed all surroundings. I HAVE noticed that there are mostly WOMEN working in the call centers of all age. I have talked to a lot of them and everyone seems VERY nice. I was very excited & my orientation is in April.
2 days ago I was talking to this lady (Pat) who is security there & she was advising me to be discreet about my job when I start working. She said that a lot of the girls there are not the nicest people & might feel jealous to know I got hired so fast & since I am biligual I will start off getting payed more than most of the girls that work there. The girls there are mostly in their late 20's early 30's, a lot of them got hired because they know someone or because they got transferred from a different position.
I hear it is hard to get a job at Kaiser but it was very easy for me. I applied, took several tests, had 2 interviews, & got hired. I am only 19 years old, have never worked for Kaiser, & don't know nor am I related to anyone who already works there. When Pat was telling me all of this I thought she was exaggerating but after reading all of this, I'm a bit nervous.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ReginaM in Los Angeles, California

58 months ago

_Alexandra_ in Yucaipa, California said: Hey Donna,

I noticed you are from Fontana,CA. I JUST got hired for Kaiser Permanente's pharmacy call center there in Fontana. I've been inside the building a lot & i have observed all surroundings. I HAVE noticed that there are mostly WOMEN working in the call centers of all age. I have talked to a lot of them and everyone seems VERY nice. I was very excited & my orientation is in April.
2 days ago I was talking to this lady (Pat) who is security there & she was advising me to be discreet about my job when I start working. She said that a lot of the girls there are not the nicest people & might feel jealous to know I got hired so fast & since I am biligual I will start off getting payed more than most of the girls that work there. The girls there are mostly in their late 20's early 30's, a lot of them got hired because they know someone or because they got transferred from a different position.
I hear it is hard to get a job at Kaiser but it was very easy for me. I applied, took several tests, had 2 interviews, & got hired. I am only 19 years old, have never worked for Kaiser, & don't know nor am I related to anyone who already works there. When Pat was telling me all of this I thought she was exaggerating but after reading all of this, I'm a bit nervous.

Congrats on your job. Being bilingual seems to be the ticket these days.

Christina in Sacramento, California

57 months ago

I agree with you. It happened for me after it seem like I had applied for 100s of positions. But I got in as an on call pharmacy clerk. Its not really on call because I've worked 40 hrs every week since I started. Oh yeah, med term test consists of the ectomy, tomy etc. and knowing what procedures are like an oopherectomy (removal of ovaries). What else... med term abbrv. Ex. a.c. (before meal/s) noc (night) GU (genitourinary). So before you take the test brush up on med term, only 30 questions each valued @ about 3 points each.

-Good luck to everyone who applies

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ReginaM in Los Angeles, California

57 months ago

Christina in Sacramento, California said: I agree with you. It happened for me after it seem like I had applied for 100s of positions. But I got in as an on call pharmacy clerk. Its not really on call because I've worked 40 hrs every week since I started. Oh yeah, med term test consists of the ectomy, tomy etc. and knowing what procedures are like an oopherectomy (removal of ovaries). What else... med term abbrv. Ex. a.c. (before meal/s) noc (night) GU (genitourinary). So before you take the test brush up on med term, only 30 questions each valued @ about 3 points each.

-Good luck to everyone who applies

I understand that a pharmacy clerk has no license. Are you a licensed PTech? And if so will you be able to list your current job on a resume as PTech experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SKY2000 in Canoga Park, California

53 months ago

HELLO EVERYONE;
I'VE BEEN TRYING TO WORK FOR KAISER FOR MANY YEARS I EVEN WENT TO HR TOOK THE TYPING TEST AND I PASSED. I APPLIED ON LINE BUT NO LUCK.
I BELEIVE THE KAISER ONLY HIRE THE FRIENDS OF EMPLOYEE THAT'S TRUE.
PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME HOW I CAN COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS ISSUE. ONECE I ASKED FROM HR PEOPLE WHY IS LIKE THAT AND THEIR ANSWER WAS BECAUSE THEY BELONG TO UNION AND THEY HIRE PEOPLE FROM INSIDERS.I AM SO DISAPPOINTED.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

LACYDAWN in San Francisco, California

51 months ago

Stu Levin in Palo Alto, California said: Okay! There are opportunities for each of us to improve proof reading.

If we are to help the originator of this conversation thread, does anyone have any suggestions to help?[/QUOTE

LET'S NOT BE JUDGMENTAL REGARDING SOMEONE'S GRAMMAR, ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU DON'T SPELL WELL. THE WORD, "PROOF READ" IS ONE WORD. IT'S, "PROOFREAD".

IF SOMEONE HAS THE ANSWER TO THE , PLEASE JUST SHARE AND LEAVE ALL JUDGMENTAL COMMENTS TO THE HIRING MANAGER.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LORI LEVY in Rancho Santa Fe, California

51 months ago

Newbie said: I am new to the area. My husband told me that Kaise

WHAT IS WRITTEN IS SOOO TRUE!!! EPLOYED 15 YRS ..NO WRITE UPS OR ANY NEGATIVE REVIEWS AND I GOT THE BOOT!!

LIES/BETRAYAL/ETC.... BAD BAD PEOPLE!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.