no way to get that job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32)

newday44 in Pepperell, Massachusetts

90 months ago

ma said: hello
ok about his position i applied once and that job was online for long time like for 2 weeks ago and still there they make us like there is noone can deserve that job hello ?
there are more people are smarter they deserve more than that so please just give it to someone .
they treat us like nothing so i will let you people give us your opinion .

Maybe you don't understand how things work, quite often the push is to fill the job and there is so much to do in the Human Resources department that they don't take the job off the internet right way. I certainly hope your resume was not full of spelling errors like your email. And I hope that you followed up with a phone call and or email about the job. I wouldn't take things so personally if you don't hear anything. It's too bad but in today's day and age they don't call you unless they want you. Keep looking and good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (43) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

DC in DC in Washington, District of Columbia

89 months ago

Kaiser Permanente has a reputation in the industry for being the worst at employee retention and satisfaction. Their HR dept is much less than stellar and their job posting stay in limbo for years...yes...years. I have seen several positions at the Largo branch that have been posted, taken down for two or three weeks, and have been reposted. One of my friends (works for UHG) applied to Kaiser with over 12 yrs of health care exp. at various levels incl 6 sig BB cert. It took KP almost a year...yes....a year to send the acknowledgement postcard!!! So, to make it clear KP took a year to send an acknowledgement postcard. Yeah, I feel confident in that organization.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

wandag

89 months ago

Yes your are right about Kasier and they are really hard to get on and a very instensted inviews. which to me is not worth it. I had a interview set up and i miss it because my father i pass, and they would not even give me another change to set up and interview with them and it's hard trying to get intouch with the right person. So i feel your pain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (27) Reply - Report abuse

Kiki in Atlanta, Georgia

89 months ago

I recently got a job with Kaiser Permanente as a provider systems analyst. The process went fairly quickly. I applied for the job, and heard from them within a three week period. I interviewed with a panel and it went very well. The next day I was offered the job! Long story short...I think Kaiser Permanente is just a very selective company, and they are looking for the right individual for specific jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (65) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

wandag

89 months ago

That's all good and well for you, and i'am happy for you. But had death in my family , and my father pass away,and i had to leave GA. ASP. And i have yet to hear from the Lab supervisor A. Plumber which i'am a Certified phlebotomist, and guess what the job is still not fill and some more and that make's it harder on the rest of the worker trying to do 2 people job that why medical worker are over work and under pay, another thing that why so many hosptial are under malpractice law suite right now, hire the people don't be fooling around with BS.Going thoug unnecessary paper work and the person might not even decide to stay there give a person a break and see what they make out of for kasier not there past work history cause that might be something all brand new and new career or crosstrainig, of a new start.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (42) Reply - Report abuse

dc in indiana

88 months ago

ok about his position i applied once and that job was online for long time like for 2 weeks ago and still there they make us like there is noone can deserve that job hello ?
there are more people are smarter they deserve more than that so please just give it to someone .

You need to proofread your entry to make your thoughts clearer. I don't understand what you are trying to say....
"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

bella1 in Portland, Oregon

88 months ago

Learn to read and spell. That might help you get a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (50) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

JobSeeker in Oakland, California

88 months ago

bella1 in Portland, Oregon said: Learn to read and spell. That might help you get a job.

Now we are all getting a bit nasty. The individual might be from another culture and our prefer language is not of the person posting here. I agree with all of those that are complaining about Kaiser inferior process to hire the best in every field. I am in IT with an expressive resume, worked until for Clorox until recently when the group was outsourced to India. I am qualified for several jobs that I have applied and I have not received a call and the job continues being posted for over six months. I hope someone at Kaiser at a management level reads the notes that we all have been sharing. Good luck to all of you!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Sunny-SF bay Area

88 months ago

DC in DC in Washington, District of Columbia said: Kaiser Permanente has a reputation in the industry for being the worst at employee retention and satisfaction. Their HR dept is much less than stellar and their job posting stay in limbo for years...yes...years. I have seen several positions at the Largo branch that have been posted, taken down for two or three weeks, and have been reposted. One of my friends (works for UHG) applied to Kaiser with over 12 yrs of health care exp. at various levels incl 6 sig BB cert. It took KP almost a year...yes....a year to send the acknowledgement postcard!!! So, to make it clear KP took a year to send an acknowledgement postcard. Yeah, I feel confident in that organization.

I left Kaiser for health reasons, retired, now in better health applied for my old job which was still open....get this. they said I didn't qualify for the job.......and I worked in that department for 17 1/2 years!!!! HOW ABOUT THAT!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

out of oakland in Walnut Creek, California

87 months ago

I've been working for Kaiser for 3 years now and have seen it at its best and its worse. my opinion is that it isn't a very good place to work. that said most of the people who work here seem to like working for Kaiser but those that don't really hate it. Its kind of like talking to the members. Most members seem satisfied with Kaiser but the ones that have had a bad experience are really dissatisfied. The Human Resources departments are totally disfunctional. All of the resources go to hiring doctors and nurses if you are something else you aren't a priority. And that's just the way Kaiser works. When they set a priority they really focus on that issue, but if its not a priority its going to appear disfunctional.
In general, working in healthcare is stressful and Kaiser is no exception. In employee surveys Kaiser seems to score well, but personally I'm looking for another job which is why I'm on this web site. If you can stay out of Kaiser I would, if you need a job good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Anglsxn in Los Angeles, California

87 months ago

???????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Darrel in Atlanta, Georgia

87 months ago

Kiki in Atlanta, Georgia said: I recently got a job with Kaiser Permanente as a provider systems analyst. The process went fairly quickly. I applied for the job, and heard from them within a three week period. I interviewed with a panel and it went very well. The next day I was offered the job! Long story short...I think Kaiser Permanente is just a very selective company, and they are looking for the right individual for specific jobs.

Kiki hello, I am trying to get a job as a chaplian and I need help. Do you know a person I can talk too? If so e-mail me and I would gladly appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Stezi Zornoza in Seattle, Washington

82 months ago

Don't ever wish to get a job at Kaiser. They abuse people. They can't get payroll right shortchanging people. I wouldn't want to wish my worst enemy a job there. I don't see how they survive with their horrible treatment of employees.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Stewie G in California

82 months ago

The thing with "KP" is just like any other company. You either like/cope with it or really really dislike it. As for getting a job w/ "KP", they take forever... unless you know the DA/MGR in the dept. you are applying to. Keep in mind... they (DA/MGR) still have to work w/ regional HR. Lots of luck is involved especially if you are looking for NON-clinical positions. If you are Clinical (DR,TECH,RNP,MA,etc), it shouldn't be difficult to work at "KP". It really helps to know someone w/ pull-clout in the department you are applying to. The reason is HR doesn't really "care" about jobs being filled...but the departments (DA/MGR) do care because more help means more efficiency and better productivity for the department which at the end of the year means a bigger $$$ bonus to the DA/MGR :) Just be patient, stay positive, stay loose, relax, pray, keep trying and remember... you don't have the job until you get the 1st paycheck. Yes, it's frustrating.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

A student in Charleston, South Carolina

75 months ago

i hear what everyone is saying but im a student and i graduate in may 2009 with my radiation therapy degree. i happened to be checking out the job market today and came across a listing for KP that is very impressive to me. the pay level is higher than ive seen anywhere so far for a new grad and their benefits package is appealing as well. i currently live in charleston, sc where the climate is beautiful but i'd move to oregon in a heartbeat to work for KP. all these complaints may be valid but at the end of the day, they will contact and hire those that they see fit for the job. it may take a while for your name to come up in the system but i think thats how its gonna be with any employer (unless uve got an inside connection). i just might call them up tomorrow just to give them a heads up. i want them to be waiting on my resume.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Linda in Marietta, Georgia

64 months ago

Kaiser sent me an e-mail asking me to fill out their employment application after I sent in a resume. They wanted to know my date of birth and social security number. I told them that anyone with any smarts doesn't give that info out until they have been offered a job! Some of the posters have complained about Kaiser HR and I'd say HR in their case stands for Hopelessly Retarded!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

nickdejesus in San Francisco, California

56 months ago

A couple of months ago, I got a call from a recruiter at Kaiser. We had a half hour conversation where at the end she told me that she will send me an invite for an interview with the Hiring Manager by that afternoon. I never heard from her again. Not a word. Followed up a couple of times and got no response.

Undaunted, I continued to submit applications for similar positions. Once again got an interview with HR and then followed up by the hiring managers - 2 of them. They called me on a Monday and wanted to schedule the interviews by the coming Thursday as if there is a big rush to hire me. Came in, thought I did pretty well in the interview. Never heard back again from either the HR or the Managers. I followed up twice with the HR person and she told me she will let me know. Never called me again.

Kaiser HR is unprofessional --- I guess they are too busy doing their job that they tend to forget that applicants also invest their time and energy into the application process and the least they could do is provide them a timely response to their application --- YES or NO --- that's all the applicants want to know. It's only fair that if you've gone through the interview process, that they give you the courtesy of a response.

Having this experience with Kaiser, I am conflicted about accepting a temporary assignment with them that I got through a recruitment agency, even 'tho they have emphasized that the assignment could lead to a permanent position. It does seem that Kaiser might be an awful place to work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

giantwave in Novato, California

40 months ago

I once worked at KP, and I quit. I had a racist supervisor and boss above them. My supervisor called me an "arrogant slave owner" (yes I am white, they black) which came out of the fact she was doing a geneology thing and couldn't find her relatives because way back when names were scrubbed (news to me). The boss was even worse as he had hired my supervisor as they were good buddies (isn't that kind of illegal). I tried to report to HR and YES I was retaliated upon.

Now I am not saying this is a typical environment for KP however, made me very hesitant when I applied for another job that I did fall in love with and had my hopes set on however, apparently they had fun with my HR record after I left making it impossible for me to come back. I hope others stay far away from KP knowing this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

w.hudson in San Francisco, California

31 months ago

giantwave in Novato, California said: I once worked at KP, and I quit. I had a racist supervisor and boss above them. My supervisor called me an "arrogant slave owner" (yes I am white, they black) which came out of the fact she was doing a geneology thing and couldn't find her relatives because way back when names were scrubbed (news to me). The boss was even worse as he had hired my supervisor as they were good buddies (isn't that kind of illegal). I tried to report to HR and YES I was retaliated upon.

Now I am not saying this is a typical environment for KP however, made me very hesitant when I applied for another job that I did fall in love with and had my hopes set on however, apparently they had fun with my HR record after I left making it impossible for me to come back. I hope others stay far away from KP knowing this.

Hello, I too worked for Kaiser. They seem to have a culture of their own. I was fired. I was told "we just don't think you're a match ,however I will put you as eligible for re-hire" my question is are they playing games with me or what? I've applied several more apps, and no response!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Nursebarbie in Tustin, California

24 months ago

Kaiser has the best employee benefits and perks so a lot of people wish to work there. HR can be very picky when there are so many applicants. However, I do know that they will wait until they find someone who is more than qualified for the job. Orientation also tends to weed people out who really can't do the job or handle the stress of being new. All jobs have pros and cons. Your cons may be a pro to me and vice versa. And think about it this way- how good would you feel about getting hired at some place where all you had to do is fog a mirror? And imagine how hard it would be to w ork there since a lot of your coworkers weren't the sharpest tools in the shed. When you are on a team where everyone is great at what they do, work is so much easier. No dead weight. Also, it makes a big difference in how you word your job descriptions and titles. If you only put RN as your title, the Kaiser computer program will not match you with a specific job. Be more specific- like RN Case Manager or Charge Nurse. That way you will match what the computer is looking for. It worked for me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

maria herman in Germantown, Maryland

20 months ago

Actually if your applying for a job in the field of Radiology in Maryland Montgomery county, and your Hispanic forget about it. They only hire us to clean toilets

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Mel in Savannah, Georgia

19 months ago

wandag said: That's all good and well for you, and i'am happy for you. But had death in my family , and my father pass away,and i had to leave GA. ASP. And i have yet to hear from the Lab supervisor A. Plumber which i'am a Certified phlebotomist, and guess what the job is still not fill and some more and that make's it harder on the rest of the worker trying to do 2 people job that why medical worker are over work and under pay, another thing that why so many hosptial are under malpractice law suite right now, hire the people don't be fooling around with BS.Going thoug unnecessary paper work and the person might not even decide to stay there give a person a break and see what they make out of for kasier not there past work history cause that might be something all brand new and new career or crosstrainig, of a new start.

I'm sorry about the loss of your father. I know that pain doesn't go away easily. Just want to offer some constructive advice. Perhaps the way you wrote the above entry is nothing like the way you would write professionally. I barely could read what you were trying to get across due to bad grammar. Grammar/spelling counts in medical professional world. You have something to express-don't let it get lost to messy grammar. Wish you much success!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Mel in Savannah, Georgia

19 months ago

JobSeeker in Oakland, California said: Now we are all getting a bit nasty. The individual might be from another culture and our prefer language is not of the person posting here. I agree with all of those that are complaining about Kaiser inferior process to hire the best in every field. I am in IT with an expressive resume, worked until for Clorox until recently when the group was outsourced to India. I am qualified for several jobs that I have applied and I have not received a call and the job continues being posted for over six months. I hope someone at Kaiser at a management level reads the notes that we all have been sharing. Good luck to all of you!!!!

That was well written with good grammar. I wish you the best of luck. It's tough finding work out there right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mel in Savannah, Georgia

19 months ago

Sunny-SF bay Area said: I left Kaiser for health reasons, retired, now in better health applied for my old job which was still open....get this. they said I didn't qualify for the job.......and I worked in that department for 17 1/2 years!!!! HOW ABOUT THAT!

Yikes! I wish I could be surprised. That's really horrible to hear. I worked for KP too. Man!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mel in Savannah, Georgia

19 months ago

Darrel in Atlanta, Georgia said: Kiki hello, I am trying to get a job as a chaplian and I need help. Do you know a person I can talk too? If so e-mail me and I would gladly appreciate it.

I just saw a listing yesterday for a hospice chaplain...on careerbuilder.com, I believe. Hope that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mel in Savannah, Georgia

19 months ago

Stezi Zornoza in Seattle, Washington said: Don't ever wish to get a job at Kaiser . They abuse people. They can't get payroll right shortchanging people. I wouldn't want to wish my worst enemy a job there. I don't see how they survive with their horrible treatment of employees.

You're only right. I worked there 3 months, thought it was my dream job, loved my patients, thought my career was starting great, thought I was building up a brand new clinic with a few expected bumps along the way. Never expected my job to be temporary or to be insulted the way I was by piss-poor management. Shame on you, KP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mel in Savannah, Georgia

19 months ago

A student in Charleston, South Carolina said: i hear what everyone is saying but im a student and i graduate in may 2009 with my radiation therapy degree. i happened to be checking out the job market today and came across a listing for KP that is very impressive to me. the pay level is higher than ive seen anywhere so far for a new grad and their benefits package is appealing as well. i currently live in charleston, sc where the climate is beautiful but i'd move to oregon in a heartbeat to work for KP. all these complaints may be valid but at the end of the day, they will contact and hire those that they see fit for the job. it may take a while for your name to come up in the system but i think thats how its gonna be with any employer (unless uve got an inside connection). i just might call them up tomorrow just to give them a heads up. i want them to be waiting on my resume.

I wish you the best of luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mel in Savannah, Georgia

19 months ago

w.hudson in San Francisco, California said: Hello, I too worked for Kaiser . They seem to have a culture of their own. I was fired. I was told "we just don't think you're a match ,however I will put you as eligible for re-hire" my question is are they playing games with me or what? I've applied several more apps, and no response!!!

I was told the same thing! "Not a good match." What is that?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mel in Savannah, Georgia

19 months ago

Nursebarbie in Tustin, California said: Kaiser has the best employee benefits and perks so a lot of people wish to work there. HR can be very picky when there are so many applicants. However, I do know that they will wait until they find someone who is more than qualified for the job. Orientation also tends to weed people out who really can't do the job or handle the stress of being new. All jobs have pros and cons. Your cons may be a pro to me and vice versa. And think about it this way- how good would you feel about getting hired at some place where all you had to do is fog a mirror? And imagine how hard it would be to w ork there since a lot of your coworkers weren't the sharpest tools in the shed. When you are on a team where everyone is great at what they do, work is so much easier. No dead weight. Also, it makes a big difference in how you word your job descriptions and titles. If you only put RN as your title, the Kaiser computer program will not match you with a specific job. Be more specific- like RN Case Manager or Charge Nurse. That way you will match what the computer is looking for. It worked for me.

How would that advice apply to an LPN? I mean, I put that I was a Triage LPN at one job, but how else could one differentiate an LPN position? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Norma625 in Berkeley, California

4 months ago

Stezi Zornoza in Seattle, Washington said: Don't ever wish to get a job at Kaiser . They abuse people. They can't get payroll right shortchanging people. I wouldn't want to wish my worst enemy a job there. I don't see how they survive with their horrible treatment of employees.

You have a job in Seattle?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

363086 in Oakland, California

1 month ago

I have a wealth of healthcare experience.I qualified and applied for over 25 positions. I've received 24 emails back stating we found jobs that matches your criteria.No interview yet. I've heard for yrs it's a inside conspiracy to get on-board. What should I do now? Look to bless another employer with my experience.

363086 in Oakland, California

1 month ago

I have a wealth of healthcare experience.I qualified and applied for over 25 positions. I've received 24 emails back stating we found jobs that matches your criteria.No interview yet. I've heard for yrs it's a inside conspiracy to get on-board. What should I do now? Look to bless another employer with my experience.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.