pharmacy technician

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

seerat kaur in fremont, California

78 months ago

i got the call from kaiser for the job of pharmacy technician. but first they want me to take the typing test and the pharmacy test. nobody gave me the sample test. i want to know what kinda typing and pharmacy test it will be. i am very confused right know. somebody plz help. does test includes pharmaceutical terminology any example?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Coffee Lover in Newbury Park, California

78 months ago

Hi ~ I worked for Kaiser as a pharmacy tech for ten years in the Woodland Hills area. I have now been an at home mom for the past three years. It has been a while since I applied for my job, but I don't believe the tests have changed much at all. This is the process: 1. Typing test. This is required for many jobs at Kaiser. If you don't pass the first time, you may retake it for a total of 3 times within a year. It is pretty basic, but it doesn't hurt to practice. 2. Tech entrance test. I am not sure how often this can be retaken. You must pass this test to be able to secure a position. It covers many aspects of pharmacy. A few of them include brand/generic, conversions & basic math, Pharmacy law, procedures of filling etc. 3. Training. This is a long process. Or, at least it was. You are on a probationary status while in training, which is usually 3 months. Probation then starts again for another 3 months after completing training. Training included driving an hour away to a training facility once a week where we were trained for the entire day on how Kaiser expects you to perform your job. Then tested. A final test is given over a period of an hour. You are timed and expected to fill to completion a number of RX's. You must be careful, because they put drugs in the wrong bins to try to trick you!! You have to be very detail oriented & are not allowed more than 2 errors in the entire hour or you do not pass. When I tested there were 10 students, and 4 did not pass. But, I will tell you that once you secure your job, it is a great job. Good benefits & good pay, considering what other pharmacy's pay. Also, you don't have to fuss with insurance billing, since Kaiser is an HMO. I really enjoyed working there, and sometimes actually miss it!! Hope this helps answer some of your questions & good luck !!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (78) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ReginaM in Los Angeles, California

54 months ago

Coffee Lover in Newbury Park, California said: Hi ~ I worked for Kaiser as a pharmacy tech for ten years in the Woodland Hills area. I have now been an at home mom for the past three years. It has been a while since I applied for my job, but I don't believe the tests have changed much at all. This is the process: 1. Typing test. This is required for many jobs at Kaiser. If you don't pass the first time, you may retake it for a total of 3 times within a year. It is pretty basic, but it doesn't hurt to practice. 2. Tech entrance test. I am not sure how often this can be retaken. You must pass this test to be able to secure a position. It covers many aspects of pharmacy. A few of them include brand/generic, conversions & basic math, Pharmacy law, procedures of filling etc. 3. Training. This is a long process. Or, at least it was. You are on a probationary status while in training, which is usually 3 months. Probation then starts again for another 3 months after completing training. Training included driving an hour away to a training facility once a week where we were trained for the entire day on how Kaiser expects you to perform your job. Then tested. A final test is given over a period of an hour. You are timed and expected to fill to completion a number of RX's. You must be careful, because they put drugs in the wrong bins to try to trick you!! You have to be very detail oriented & are not allowed more than 2 errors in the entire hour or you do not pass. When I tested there were 10 students, and 4 did not pass. But, I will tell you that once you secure your job, it is a great job. Good benefits & good pay, considering what other pharmacy's pay. Also, you don't have to fuss with insurance billing, since Kaiser is an HMO. I really enjoyed working there, and sometimes actually miss it!! Hope this helps answer some of your questions & good luck !!

Great info! Did Kaiser offer paid training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ReginaM in Los Angeles, California

53 months ago

The Kaiser PTech test can be taken twice within six months. But of course not twice on the same day. I'm going for my first try today.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

nancy in La Canada Flintridge, California

47 months ago

ReginaM in Los Angeles, California said: The Kaiser PTech test can be taken twice within six months. But of course not twice on the same day. I'm going for my first try today.

Hi I was wondering if the typing test is a paragraph on the computer or is it a separate paper next to the computer???

thanks

PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

El Patron in Rialto, California

42 months ago

I applied for a outpatient pharmacy tech. trainee position and I am wondering how do I ensure that I get hired for the position. To what department do I call to check the status of my application? and much would I be paid?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.