How to get a job at Kansas City Southern Railway.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do you work at Kansas City Southern Railway? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Roy Andrew Lott in New Orleans, Louisiana

47 months ago

No I have never worked for KCS, But I would love the chance to work for KCS, I feel it's important to be loyal,dependable an honest. My good friend Barry Cobb he's a conductor he spoke so positive I had to apply for any opening , be it entry lever or track labour. THANK YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

adam in Linn Creek, Missouri

46 months ago

I AM VERY INTERESTED IN THE SECTION LABORER JOBS THAT ARE OPEN AT KCS RAILWAY. IF I WAS TO GET ONE, LETS SAY OUT OF STATE OR IN ANOTHER CITY, WILL KCS HELP WITH THE RELOCATION? ALSO, I AM 35 YRS OLD, IS THAT TO OLD FOR THIS TYPE OF JOB? THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Seeker14 in Overland Park, Kansas

11 months ago

KC Southern's online app is a disgrace. They ask for your age in so many ways they should be ashamed. Year your graduated HS...really! They ask for your SSN which is unnecessary for an initial app. How secure is that? Plaster your DL# and SSN online. They ask for your life history on every salary you ever earned. WTF, its none of their business! I don't ask what your pricing structure is or your margins on your fees why should I tell you what I made in the last job. Disclosing prior comp just compromises your negotiating position. Their online app is enough to not want to work for them. Women get screwed by this way of doing business. If they pay equal for equal pay why should they care what you use to earn? The data they collect is a sleazy way of discriminating by age and sex.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.