How to get a job at Kellogg.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 95)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

Do you work at Kellogg? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

vanessa culver

90 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Kellogg? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?
NEED A JOB PLEASE HELP.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (77) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

Debra Norrells in Memphis, Tennessee

90 months ago

I need a job that , I can Depend on for the frist time. That may I can get a head for once in my old Life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Jasmine in Modesto, California

90 months ago

what is your local area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Larry Erickson in Rowland Heights, California

90 months ago

How to get a Merchandising job with Kellogs? VERY GOOD QUESTION!

I have had my name and all applicant information posted on their website for almost over a year. In that time, I continue to see, on a regular basis, "Entry Level" Merchandising positions advertised for citites all around me.

So apparently whomever is doing the hiring, in the Inland Empire, is choosing people who really do not want to work long term. They obviously are not picking people who have had retail experience or retail management experience like me.

If anyone from Kelloggs reads this, you really need to make your system more user friendly! Recommendation: Check out Crossmarks employment site for an example. How about encouraging your hiring managers to actually call people who have already applied instead of looking for new ones and posting new adds..... Hmmm maybe they just like putting the adds online.

Larry Erickson
Redlands, CA 92373

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sunr in Toledo, Ohio

90 months ago

I got a call on friday and did a phone interview, she said management would call to set up a face to face interview, its wednesday havent heard nothing, I have 18 years retail merchandising experience, these companies take forever to do call backs and interviews, You would think if they are looking , they would have person (Human Resources) staying on top of this, so many people are looking and waiting by the pone, I keep hearing companies say they cant find good help....I believe they are taking too long to get these people in and the good ones are taking other jobs, that they really didnt want , but you get desperate.......

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

zarina towery in Saint Petersburg, Florida

90 months ago

You sure are right . I even waited all week near the phone because they mention if you miss the call its our lost, but then they leave a voice message to contact them and its operator working for them. I taken other jobs and still looking to work with kellog but I don't understand also why they always looking for someone in my territory and havent found anyone yet. Or after the first interview they did email me back and says we cannot hire you for other reason . I don't know the interview is by a secretary typing word for word and its ashame that or interview is dictated by a secretary. How do we know if that is a good way to be hired. It says diversity . Im a woman minority and I havent heard back. I wonder if that hurt my way to getting this job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

no name in Narberth, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

i applied for finance job and also never heard from the company. I had all the right qualifications. Very disappointed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

zarina towery in Saint Petersburg, Florida

90 months ago

Yes I think they really don't know who they really want to hire. I called their recruitment directly and they say the same thing. They are reviewing your application.

This type of jobs such as a sales rep are actually who you know in the company and who can do a referal on your behave.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Karla Olson in Marshall, Minnesota

90 months ago

Maybe if some of you would use your English skills in your comments they might look more seriously at your potential for employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (48) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

kc

90 months ago

kellogg is a good company to work for. you have to consider all of the people that are unemployed and apply for these positions. that would be in the thousands. I am an experienced retail merchandiser and retail supervisor. I have recently been given a job for this company. Don't give up. It took over a month before i even heard anything from them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sunr in Holland, Ohio

90 months ago

Karla Olson in Marshall, Minnesota said: Maybe if some of you would use your English skills in your comments they might look more seriously at your potential for employment.

This is a forum for people to discuss serious job issue's, and to help one another in a positive way, we dont need people like you, Its hard enough going through this process, of applying and interviewing for jobs some people have been off work for a long time maybe they lost their job due to downsizing some people get down and think about suicide, how dare someone come in here and put everyone down, its people like you that makes the world STINK. we dont need your kind here....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

zarina in Saint Petersburg, Florida

90 months ago

Yes, you sure are correct about her comment. This site was to find inside information why they weren’t seriously hiring people when they post a job in our state. I was very tired work 18 hours and yes English is my second language, and learning proper English doesn’t help if your spouse has a bad southern accent. When I was typing earlier I was using a lot of slang and I wasn’t using proper English grammar. I wrote those comment when I got home and relaxing from a long day at work 18 hours and wasn’t going back to check on my spelling and grammar. Thank you for your comment sunr. I hope you luck with any company. I know they have been downsizing because they cut my husband 7 years ago, and we were bless that he had an opportunity to start his own business

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

P. Bader in Succasunna, New Jersey

90 months ago

kc said: kellogg is a good company to work for. you have to consider all of the people that are unemployed and apply for these positions. that would be in the thousands. I am an experienced retail merchandiser and retail supervisor. I have recently been given a job for this company. Don't give up. It took over a month before i even heard anything from them.

Yes it's a wonderful company, I am a former employee, the work environment was relaxed, and people took pride in thier jobs.
Now that my family has grown, I am looking to return to that
same environment. Congratulations on your new position and best of luck.

Sincerely,

Pat Bader
Succasunna, NJ

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

GWH in Stockton, California

90 months ago

Don't waste your time! I have experience in retail and merchandising and went through the same thing... Don't call us we'll call you! And the same jobs continously posted, I really don't get what these companies game is but a lot of them do this stuff.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sunr in Holland, Ohio

89 months ago

GWH in Stockton, California said: Don't waste your time! I have experience in retail and merchandising and went through the same thing... Don't call us we'll call you! And the same jobs continously posted, I really don't get what these companies game is but a lot of them do this stuff.

you are correct I have 18 years Retail merchandising and sales with management and supervisory experience. I have been off work for 6 months I finally started looking into customer service jobs and found a job right away, I start in a few weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

cookie in Texarkana, Texas

89 months ago

I applied for this position, after reading what other posters have written, which some are very distrubing in tone,& nature etc. I have to tell those seeking this type of employment. You should have experience in this field, regardless of what the ad lists. Company's today dont want to waste time and resources on training individuals when experienced people are available. You should have basic knowledge of VPI's, Telzon, RMU, etc, and basic CPG sales. Most company's today want mobile candidates, that can be advanced within the company.
I have been tenatively offered a position with Kelloggs, and I am currently in negotiations.

I would suggest to those seeking to break into this type of careers/positions, w/o experience, to start off, try mystery shopping.

Go to MSN, and Yahoo Groups, search Merchandising/Mystery Shopping, join the groups and get 6 mos. verifiable experience. You must start somewhere, and have experience to proceed. Then go to NARMS,& Flexhire as a starting point for a search as a Retail Sales Merchandiser.

I wish everyone who has posted the best of luck in your search for a career, not a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sunr in Holland, Ohio

89 months ago

cookie in Texarkana, Texas said: I applied for this position, after reading what other posters have written, which some are very distrubing in tone,& nature etc. I have to tell those seeking this type of employment. You should have experience in this field, regardless of what the ad lists. Company's today dont want to waste time and resources on training individuals when experienced people are available. You should have basic knowledge of VPI's, Telzon, RMU, etc, and basic CPG sales. Most company's today want mobile candidates, that can be advanced within the company.
I have been tenatively offered a position with Kelloggs, and I am currently in negotiations.

I would suggest to those seeking to break into this type of careers/positions, w/o experience, to start off, try mystery shopping.

Go to MSN, and Yahoo Groups, search Merchandising/Mystery Shopping, join the groups and get 6 mos. verifiable experience. You must start somewhere, and have experience to proceed. Then go to NARMS,& Flexhire as a starting point for a search as a Retail Sales Merchandiser.

I wish everyone who has posted the best of luck in your search for a career, not a job.

good luck with the new position, I have 18 years retail experience in resets, merchandising, you name I have it. and management, I am a memeber of NARMS and have experience with Telzon and many other hand held computers, I got one call from them and was told the area manager would be calling that was a month ago, anyways good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

cookie in Texarkana, Texas

89 months ago

sunr

If you wouldnt mind, may I see a copy of your resume, post it on this link, and let me see it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Audrey (Host) in Austin, Texas

89 months ago

cookie in Texarkana, Texas said: sunr If you wouldnt mind, may I see a copy of your resume, post it on this link, and let me see it.
Please do not post resumes in the forums. If you would like to set up a profile please go here to log in www.indeed.com/my/profile

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bill in Janesville, Wisconsin

89 months ago

zarina in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: english is my second language . how many language do you speak?

I agree with Karla.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Me, just Me in Orlando, Florida

89 months ago

Host said: Do you work at Kellogg? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

When you find out please let Terry Labonte know so he can get his Tony the Tiger NASCAR sponsorship back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Raleigh, North Carolina

89 months ago

What is the website for Kellogs to look at jobs?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Reno, Nevada

89 months ago

Being in the Grocery business for 16 years and knowing local vendors helps. Thats how I got in and I like this company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sytrept in Tarpon Springs, Florida

89 months ago

After applying for this position and reading this I felt like theres no way I would get this job, but then i got the email to verify info, then a few days later on a monday a hiring person called me. I wasnt able to return the call until friday but we had a little disccusion... didn't seem like much of an interview but they are sending me a packet of some sort & a drug test.

I've got no experience whatsoever except that I know how to stock. how odd... and they turn down such experienced people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jack in South Elgin, Illinois

89 months ago

Don't waste your time applying for this company. They don't call anyone back...ever, no matter how qualified for the position you are. Just take a look at all the responses on here from all the many people who have tried. I don't know why they even advertise for job openings, but it's a complete joke and bs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

MG in Mitchell, South Dakota

88 months ago

vanessa culver said: NEED A JOB PLEASE HELP.....

Does anyone know how their health insurance plan works? Is it a good plan?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

florida sunshine in Saint Petersburg, Florida

88 months ago

cookie in Texarkana, Texas said: I applied for this position, after reading what other posters have written, which some are very distrubing in tone,& nature etc. I have to tell those seeking this type of employment. You should have experience in this field, regardless of what the ad lists. Company's today dont want to waste time and resources on training individuals when experienced people are available. You should have basic knowledge of VPI's, Telzon, RMU, etc, and basic CPG sales. Most company's today want mobile candidates, that can be advanced within the company.

Hi,

You made a great point. I applied for this company because I have all that experience you mention above. I don't understand what else they are looking for.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MG in Mitchell, South Dakota

88 months ago

I have done merchandising and mystery shopping for 19 years. I am currently doing a resume for a position with Kellogg's. I have used a Telzon but am unsure of some of the items you mention such as CPG and VPI. Help please!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

DJ

88 months ago

I did get hired it took about two weeks from the time I submited my application online. I asked my boss what she looks for. Willingness to work weekends, evidence of ability to work without supervision, length of time on the previous jobs, steady progression in one or more jobs, evidence of ability to make good decisions. It also helped that I met the sales rep while working another job. If you are serious about a merchandising job you might want to try to meet your local sales rep and see what they think.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

I'm doing that now with my other job. You must be an entry level merchander. Im looking for something alittle more challenging now, but I think its also who interview you. I don't think they interview went well with a secretary typing your manuscript. I think the company should do it them self then using a third party to do it for them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Connie R in Mitchell, South Dakota

88 months ago

I will take any hints you can share to acquire this position.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

DJ said: I did get hired it took about two weeks from the time I submited my application online. I asked my boss what she looks for. Willingness to work weekends, evidence of ability to work without supervision, length of time on the previous jobs, steady progression in one or more jobs, evidence of ability to make good decisions. It also helped that I met the sales rep while working another job. If you are serious about a merchandising job you might want to try to meet your local sales rep and see what they think.

What type of a position did you get with them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Did it take two weeks to get hired or two weeks to hear from them?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tony the Tiger in Lebanon, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

Quit wasting your time trying to get in at Kelloggs or Comcast or one of the regular advertisers on this site. The third party recruiters are not looking for the most qualified people, they are looking for the ones that they can profit from the most. I have several friends working at Kelloggs in Lancaster and the only way in is through word of mouth, or being in one of the minority groups that will profit the recruiter or Kelloggs. Same with Comcast

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

Oh yes thats why I applied because they mention minority.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sunr in Genoa, Ohio

88 months ago

Connie R in Mitchell, South Dakota said: Could I please get the following two replies removed from the web site? thank you.

have done merchandising and mystery shopping for 19 years. I am currently doing a resume for a position with Kellogg's. I have used a Telzon but am unsure of some of the items you mention such as CPG and VPI. Help please!

Does anyone know how their health insurance plan works? Is it a good plan?

who are you everyone has a right to their opinion

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

P. Bader in Succasunna, New Jersey

88 months ago

cpg means consumer packaged goods industry.
Back in the day of my employment the medical benefits were great...they also had
short term disability and long term as well as stock options....best of luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Naperville, Illinois

88 months ago

i worked at kellogg in elmhurst for less than a year. it is a long waiting process between the initial interview and the offer as a supply chain analyst
what i thought was a great company, and great position, it really wasn't all that cracked up to be. i had 3 different titles during that time because the dept was short staffed. kept moving me around to different cubes. they wanted me to remember something i was trained on for 2 hours many months ago and wanted me to be able to do the function. when i couldnt remember how to do it because i was trained on it like i said for only 2 hours and never applied it in my daily duties, the managers accused me of having to retrain me and i was put on a performance improvement plan.

crystalbay128 in Grantville, Kansas

88 months ago

I applied twice in one week, got the call from a hiring manager, and was working within a couple of weeks as a part time merchandiser (I have a full time job, also). My suggestion is to be enthusiastic and sell your skills to the employer. Any transferrable skills you can highlight are a benefit to you, regardless of where you learned them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Connie R in Mitchell great networking in Texarkana, Texas

88 months ago

says:Could I please get the following two replies removed from the web site? thank you.

With all due respect Connie, may I inquire as to who, and what makes you believe you are the moral "authority" for what is posted in this forum. People come here to discuss relevant issues they face, or perhaps for networking opportunities. They are allowed to post their opinions. The challenges everyone faces when attempting to secure gainful employment is more than enough for some to contend with, people dont need any more negativity than is already out there.

A question for everyone to ponder:
Just because people believe they have the "rights" to say /do something, I ask you... does it necessarily make it right?

Sunr... keep your head held high lady,the perfect job will be there when it is supposed to be.

To all others, I wish you the best in your job search endeavors... Indeed is truly a great site. Lets all keep it positive, and network with each other in a positive manner.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

RP in Bridgewater, New Jersey

88 months ago

Chris in Raleigh, North Carolina said: What is the website for Kellogs to look at jobs?

THE WEBSITE IS WWW.KELLOGGS.COM
ONCE YOU GET THERE GO DOWN TO BOTTOM OF PAGE AND SELECT KELLOGGS COMPANY FROM THE DROP DOWN TAB.

ONCE YOU HAVE THAT PAGE, CAREER OPPORTUNITIES IS AT THE TOP.

HOPE THIS HELPS

still looking in Saint Petersburg, Florida

88 months ago

Hi

If you have notice major company are using hiring third party to do the first interview. Basically if you are set up to get an interview someone will call you and type what you say. If management find that you have the qualification after the transcriber emails them the report of your interview, you will get another interview face to face. I still wish that the first interview is face to face. I heard its better to either know someone or be able to go to a career fair and submit your resume there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Just the right time??? in Palm Harbor, Florida

88 months ago

HI,
I applied on line for a part time merchandising job in my area. About 4 days later I got an e-mail asking me to call a number to verify that they had all of the correct info on me. I did that on Thursday, spoke with a very nice man. Maybe he was from a third party company, I do not know. It was quick, verifying what I had e-mailed them, kinda like "BSing" with a friend we laughed alot. The next day, Friday I recieved a call from a "regional manager"; we talked for about 15 min, agreed on a starting pay said that when I am ready to go full time it wil include a car. He said he was sending me out a "Hiring Packet" said we will meet up sometime this week and I should be ready to go.
I was really excited at first but then started wondering why was it so easy??? Is this to good to be true?? Is this a horrible job that they cannot keep people?? I am a little hesitent now..... Is there something that I am not seeing??

If Anyone has any info please help me make the right decision.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Larry Erickson in Perris, California

88 months ago

Let me guess you have no merchandising experience at all, and you probably have no retail experience stocking and rotating products either? Are you under 30?

On this forum alot of us have wondered what it takes and why alot of us are never called, so I asked the above questions as you didnt give alot of information to help determine why it was so easy.

At any rate it should be a good job and lots of people want to get into this, especially moving to a full time position with company car, its my dream anyway.........

Good luck and enjoy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

hi larry in Saint Petersburg, Florida

88 months ago

Oh you got lucky, I did get a voice mail from a guy, but I miss a call. IF you are not home then they give you that 1866 number to call and then I think its third party. Also depending on where you live if they are desperate. Thats great you got in so try to work yourself up the company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

steveo in new haven in Woodbridge, Connecticut

88 months ago

Karla Olson in Marshall, Minnesota said: Maybe if some of you would use your English skills in your comments they might look more seriously at your potential for employment.

you are so right english is going down as we type

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Rick in Dawn, Missouri

87 months ago

kc said: kellogg is a good company to work for. you have to consider all of the people that are unemployed and apply for these positions. that would be in the thousands. I am an experienced retail merchandiser and retail supervisor. I have recently been given a job for this company. Don't give up. It took over a month before i even heard anything from them.

good answer kc..patience,patience,patience. This isn't the only job they're hiring for, nor is it the only location either.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Andrea in Siloam Springs, Arkansas

87 months ago

P. Bader in Succasunna, New Jersey said: Yes it's a wonderful company, I am a former employee, the work environment was relaxed, and people took pride in thier jobs.
Now that my family has grown, I am looking to return to that
same environment. Congratulations on your new position and best of luck.

Sincerely,

Pat Bader
Succasunna, NJ

Dream'n Gal - U'R in for a rude awakening

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

helpful hints in Saint Petersburg, Florida

87 months ago

When you apply for this job and get a first interview. They use STAR approach to the interview. wether it is for kellog company or coke. Make sure you prepare what to say. First interview is more social on the telephone. What is your experience, conflict, solution . etc.

second interview face to face . Be very prepare in the star approach. I would sit down in a quiet place such as a book store . Drink cup of starbucks, and gather your thoughts. Read all the interview books while you are there. Find books that deals with behavior interview. or I heard its called star.

It depends what you are going for but if they want a four year degree. They do use the STAR approach ..

If you going into sales . Make sure you look on how to sell to customers. They will give you a sheet and you have five minutes to do some math and show how you can get a client increase his sales.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.