Worse Company Ever

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 106 of 106)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

Nadine in London, Ontario

18 months ago

As far as temporary agencies go, Kelly Services was not bad. I had a 6 month contract with a great company. Problem is, it's temporary with little chance of hire.

Unfortunately, most manufacturing jobs in Ontario are through an agency. Don't like it, would rather deal with an employer directly so that I have all the information before I take a job. Seems that companies prefer to use employment agencies than have people approach them directly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SA in Lynn, Massachusetts

12 months ago

Nadine in London, Ontario said: As far as temporary agencies go, Kelly Services was not bad. I had a 6 month contract with a great company. Problem is, it's temporary with little chance of hire.

Unfortunately, most manufacturing jobs in Ontario are through an agency. Don't like it, would rather deal with an employer directly so that I have all the information before I take a job. Seems that companies prefer to use employment agencies than have people approach them directly.

I had the same problem with Kforce in Boston USA for A/P Clerk. I can't ask the client to hire me full time so I would ask KForce the job placement office what's going on about going full time. They would claim to ask with no results. So with no benefits at the time with just 40 hours of pay I quit and found a full time job through Kelly Services.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Unameindeed in Verona, New Jersey

5 months ago

Don't waste your time. Seek another agency. The recruiters are cold and impersonal, and interested in themselves and the companies, of course, but with you, a human resource, as a distant third.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nadia in London, Ontario

5 months ago

laura in Redwood City, California said: I was not happy at my current job, however, it was not so bad were I needed to jump ship immidiatly. Kelly Financial promised me a position at Clorox as a Payroll Admin , with a promising future. I met the Kelly Recruiter at a coffee shop because he was so desperate to place me. Not realzing the scam.... They have a in house Kelly recruiter onsite at Clorox, and they bring people in left and right. I lasted 2 days, and was asked to leave with no explanation at all. They never contacted me, except I used my maiden name on my new resume and they called me for the same frigin job, not realizig who I was. This company is a Joke!

As far as temporary agencies go, Kelly is one of the better ones. The problem with temporary staffing is that often times you feel like you are out of the loop. An explanation or some type of feed back would have been helpful in your situation. At least you know what areas can be improved or not.

References are difficult because working at client companies you are not really one of them, you are the agency's employee.

As long as the agency is upfront about your assignment, where it is, what the remuneration is, what you are doing and the estimated duration, it's fairly decent. I found Kelly to be very good this way. Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nadia in London, Ontario

5 months ago

Angry Guy In London in Guelph, Ontario said: Kelly Services , as I have said before are useless.

It's much better to collect unemployment insurance rather than working as a temp having that carrot dangled in front of you. Why? Because at least if you're on EI/UI you can still look for a REAL job.

Kellys will put you out at a place and say "its temp to perm, they'll hire you after 3 months". They only tell you that so you'll work even harder. Don't buy it for a second. If you reach four months and there's still no talk of you being hired, QUIT.

Walk out and don't go back. Because if your temp to perm still hasn't turned into permanent work after that long, it never will. Trust me, I've been through it all. Been though every temp service here in London and I know all the tricks that the companies, and the agencies play.

I have to agree that this is an area where temporary agencies can improve. I don't like being told that there is a chance for hire when there isn't. If I am told that it's a three month contract, it's easier to deal with emotionally. I've gained some valuable experience from some placements.

Nadia in London, Ontario

5 months ago

Bodrey in Brantford, Ontario said: Temp agencies need to be outlawed. There was a time when they were being used as intended but that has long since passed. Now the industry is rife with abuse - companies staffing their whole production facilities with temps, all with no intention of hiring any of them on a permanent basis. Cheap labour, no benefits, no job security or protection. Wages being kept artifically low because companies are allowed to keep temp employees indefinitely without being required to hire them, recycling temps... this has to be stopped. I'm butting heads with my local Kelly office right now. Being cheated out of wages on a current assignment. BTW, I'm from Canada and the situation here is no better than it is down there. They're just as unscrupulous in the far north than they are in the USA.

My main concern with some temporary placements is that some client companies have shoddy health and safety practices. A new law in Ontario has made it more difficult to list the temporary agency only when a worker gets hurt.

Temporary agencies are required to be a bit more transparent about placements now so at least you have a better idea where you stand as far as the duration of a placement. I can accept that a contract is temporary as long as it's discussed before I take a job. I don't like the carrot of possible full time work being dangled in front of me when there is no intention for a permanent hire.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.