How to get a job at Kelly Services.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 112 of 112)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

John Grant in Utah

83 months ago

Anne in Littleton, Colorado said: This is beginning to sound like kindergarten, or -- a courtroom!

Hi Anne. Nice to see you posting again.

This is the courtroom of public opinion. When Kelly decided to post her comments, she openned the way for anyone to reply. It appears, however, that she expected her comments to be met with resounding approval. Now she knows better.

Kelly Services, as I have consistently pointed out, is far from perfect. And if anyone has a legitimate complaint, I will gladly stand with them in condemming the offending individual. I will not, however, stand by and allow the wildly inaccurate statements of an ill informed individual to go unanswered.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John Grant in Utah

83 months ago

Kelly Osler in Canton, Ohio said: Sorry you are wrong Annie....Seems too me that You and Grant are the only two people on this message board. Really sad but at the same time extremely funny. What a life. Oh Annie, go ahead, Please report me.

This is my final post to you, Kelly. I hope you get some help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MIK2865 in Little Falls, New Jersey

83 months ago

I NEED A JOB IN THE FACILTY MAINT.FEILD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John Grant in Utah

83 months ago

MIK2865 in Little Falls, New Jersey said: I NEED A JOB IN THE FACILTY MAINT.FEILD

Mik,

There are many resources you can pull from to find a position that would be suitable for you. Your local unemployment office will have jobs listed from local employers. Workforce New Jersey offers employers an inexpensive way to post jobs and pre-screen candidates. Their website is: jobsearch2.jobinthebox.com/gig2/basicsearch.asp?

In addition, your local area is flooded with staffing agencies; all of which would be thrilled to have a qualified individual contact them for employment assistance.

My recommendation to you would be to find one or two reputable agencies to assist you in your search. Since this is a Kelly Specific Forum, the website to view jobs available through Kelly Services is www.kellycareernetwork.com. Given that some jobs are filled too quickly to be posted, I would also recommend you contact your local Kelly Services office. It looks like that would be the Lindhurst office.

Even more importantly, I recommend that you create a resume that is specific to the type of job you are looking for. Most job seekers think that one resume is all that they need. Most of these resumes end up being set aside. What a hiring manager is looking for is a resume that shows that you have done exactly what he or she is hiring for. The more specific your resume is to the job you are applying for, the more likely you will be to get a call from the recruiter or hiring manager.

Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Johnnartr in Portsmouth, New Hampshire

57 months ago

when you apply for a job with Kelly, how long does the hiring process take? Is the a credit check, drug test AND background check? Just curious how long this actually takes until you start? Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Eric in Pontiac, Michigan

54 months ago

Brenner in Hillside, New Jersey said: Just went to Kelly for in person interview. Typical corporate atmosphere but what concerned me the most was their lack of flexibility with their rules and procedures.

They wanted me to allow a background and credit check even without an official offer of employment, when I objected they said their was nothing the could do despite their intense interest in me for a position with one of their clients.

Now I dont know about you guys but I am not in finance, I dont handle cash or have access to company money so I dont allow credit checks and advise all of you to exercise as much caution. It is scary how much personal information these companies think they are entitled to.

I am a pessimist and dont trust a soul with the exception of my wife and my dog much less some flunky from NJ (The State of Frauds) but what made me laugh was the typical response from the manager who was consulted when I objected to signing the agreement, "We have never mis-handled employee info nor have we had any breaches in the past", he should have added "that we know of or that we would publicly disclose".

I guess the point of this message is be very careful with your personal information. If they have no legal entitlement to it dont give it out, most companies will understand and modify the rules to get good people, they have for me in the past.

Familiarize yourself with what they are entitled to and what they are not and prepare relevant and persuasive arguments to substantiate your position. Frauds are perpetrated against those whose information is readily available and willfully distributed. Food for thought.

You seem to be forgetting that Kelly Services is #1 in it's market. SSNs are kept on hand for payroll purposes. I have worked for Kelly since July of 2008 and sometimes you get called to an assignment with one day's notice. Working for Kelly is better than being unemployed, my friend.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

harrisjojo in Moreno Valley, California

47 months ago

Eileen in Weare, New Hampshire said: If you had to pay for your own background check you got scamed! I would notify the head office about this and who scamed you. I never had to pay for a background check for a temp agency. I hope you do something about this.

I am wondering if its legal for a potential employer to charge the applicant a fee of $60 up front before any type interview to pay for their own backround check? He says if you pass you are hired and if you dont pass you get your money back.... I googled the company and it says it is a business of 1 person. Hmmmm. What do you think? email me please at harrisjojo at verizon dot net. I need a job but I cannot afford to pay for my own backround check and be ripped off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mentorj18 in Bradenton, Florida

47 months ago

I find the jobs for CNA in this place.

reabetswekhakane@gmail.com in London, United Kingdom

27 months ago

Hi my name is Reabetswe Khakane,I am young person who has a 3 years Adin experience and I'm the type of person who always willing to learn new thing especially in a work place,I have complited my Certificate inBusiness Administration Services,and I also have Finance,Economics and Accounting Certificate,I'm looking forward to work for your Agency as Kelly.....thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

fleet in Elgin, Illinois

14 months ago

reabetswekhakane@gmail.com in London, United Kingdom said: Hi my name is Reabetswe Khakane,I am young person who has a 3 years Adin experience and I'm the type of person who always willing to learn new thing especially in a work place,I have complited my Certificate inBusiness Administration Services,and I also have Finance , Economics and Accounting Certificate,I'm looking forward to work for your Agency as Kelly.....thank you.

You need to go back for some spelling, yours is really, really bad. Based on that alone, who, in their right mind, would want someone in an office that could not spell.

r.teresa87@yahoo.com in Columbia, South Carolina

10 months ago

Would like to talk to someone & give my resume & qualifications .

Lee in Saint Louis, Missouri

19 days ago

I'm a small employer and I’ll never use Kelly Services again. They do no background check and that was proven when they sent a person who had been convicted of scamming $100,000 from 31 people through the use of the internet. He was still on probation when working on one my office computers. Then Kelly Services billed me for nearly $10,000 from the fraudulent time sheets he turned it, but never approved by me. That’s when I did a google search and found all the information. Kelly’s response “Well we’re sorry but it was your fault for not getting a background check.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.