KForce News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 169)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does KForce stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Someone who worked at Kforce in Powder Springs, Georgia

96 months ago

For anyone that knows the recruiting space, KForce doesn't stack up well at all. Since the company is publicly-traded, the focus is on revenues, not profits (although the execs are paid millions, so as long as the profits are strong enough to cover their lavish salaries, they're fine). Here's an example: The company has a very high contribution margin on its direct hire practice, but the contracting space (particularly IT) makes up most of its revenue. As a result, the company pushes the revenue growth, or IT contracting. Due to this, a great animosity between IT direct hire and IT contracting develops. Only those willing to cut the throats of those working for the same company really stay there more than a year or two. The company tries to keep the "top performers" by offering a trip each year, but the real integrity-players typically move on when they get a good whiff of what's really going on there - and trust me, it stinks. Do a search on Linkedin to find a previous employee and email them directly to get the scoop.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Wesley Chapel, Florida

95 months ago

I actually worked this financial analyst position. The management team are pompous and condescending. They will never have a good management team. There is a team of 3 analysts and 3 financial managers. I was there 7 months. I came after 2 people quit the position I was hired for. My first 3 months there, the other 2 people quit. 1 person quit on their 1st day while trying to re-hire. Now they hired 2 people who are brand new to financial analysis and barely knew Excel. I'm glad I left. Beware!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Leigh in Richardson, Texas

95 months ago

I went to them to interview. I took the tests, scored high, etc. I was told that there was a Mort Asst position. Sounded great. Then suddenly (2 minutes later), she says she has another job that would be better: sweeping floors and stuffing envelopes in a warehouse. I asked her about the Mort Asst job and it was "no longer available". I went to work b/c I have a family and need the $$. I was then harrased/threatened at work by gang members and ended up leaving without notice. THEY ARE A JOKE!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

D-Man in Austin, Texas

95 months ago

Steve said: I actually worked this financial analyst position. The management team are pompous and condescending. They will never have a good management team. There is a team of 3 analysts and 3 financial managers. I was there 7 months. I came after 2 people quit the position I was hired for. My first 3 months there, the other 2 people quit. 1 person quit on their 1st day while trying to re-hire. Now they hired 2 people who are brand new to financial analysis and barely knew Excel. I'm glad I left. Beware!!!

Steve... I totally agree with the condescending attitude.
They never return calls... I have to call every other day... and it's usually VM I get to. I did one job for them and I KNOW it was because someone else from KForce didn't show up for this client and I was a last resort... or at least that's how I felt. That assignment has ended and I haven't heard a word from them since. I am no slacker... I have owned businesses and I a mature business professional. I am relying on direct hire by employers advertising for themselves... it seems the best way to go... and with results!

What Idiots !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

J P in Portland, Oregon

95 months ago

I applied to a PM opening listed by KForce. I received a call the next day from a guy collecting what he described as general information about me.

When I asked about the position, he said there was none : they were simply populating a database.

I don't work with recruiters that mislead and waste my time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No Reply - Report abuse

me in Richardson, Texas

95 months ago

I have applied wtih jobs from Kelly. I saw an ad that I KNOW I AM QUALIFIED FOR, PROB OVER QUALIFED, and instead they offer me a $9/hr (this paid $17.50) I know what you mean: they jerk you around and waste your time. Something will come soon!!! :) (HOnestly, I am surprised he admitted to "populating the database"; most lie and make up excuses for the truth- the "database thing"!)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Paul in Tampa, Florida

95 months ago

I am surprised to hear your comments about Kforce's incompetence. I have been placed by them here in VA without any problems and was very impressed with their service. I guess it really depends from office to office.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Jack Kates in Fair Lawn, New Jersey

94 months ago

It does depend on which office you deal with. I was with KForce (Princeton Office) and all of the comments listed are true for the Princeton / Iselin office. The Princeton/ Iselin office has an Omnipotent Hierarchy in place and it is spreading to the Parsippany office as well. If you come right down to it, it is all about the money and if you do not swing their way, you are out. If you work with SB or TW, watch your ass. If you scratch their back, they are sure to knife yours. They are the most counter productive company I ever worked for. Trust me; this is not a “sour grapes” write up. This is a fact and plenty of their employees will agree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jausan in Los Angeles, California

94 months ago

Jack Kates said: It does depend on which office you deal with. I was with KForce (Princeton Office) and all of the comments listed are true for the Princeton / Iselin office. The Princeton/ Iselin office has an Omnipotent Hierarchy in place and it is spreading to the Parsippany office as well. If you come right down to it, it is all about the money and if you do not swing their way, you are out. If you work with SB or TW, watch your ass. If you scratch their back, they are sure to knife yours. They are the most counter productive company I ever worked for. Trust me; this is not a “sour grapes” write up. This is a fact and plenty of their employees will agree.

I signed up with KForce out here in West Los Angeles, California, but was offered a two week assignment at $1,400 pr. week. Could not do it because it didn't pay enough. Out here if your work for an agency, believe me employers will treat you like dirt, especially when you try to transition to a direct hire employer.

I have found that most of the agencies aren't able to handle business professionals, instead I found it best to leave them to the immigrants and high school graduates because they can better afford the cut in salary.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jeff in Meriden, Connecticut

94 months ago

Waste of Time

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

Justme Andmeagain in Upland, California

94 months ago

Big waste of time like most employment agencies out here in California - lots of promises, lots of age discrimination and lots of clueless 20 somethings at the hiring desks administering tests they don't even know how to do themselves.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

what KF told me (ha ha) in San Diego, California

94 months ago

I just interviewed for scientific positions in San Diego. I asked her placement rate and how long it takes (I am highly qualified and an excellent match for several of their advertised positions).

She said "they place 75%" and the other 25% find jobs on their own, and it takes 2 weeks, typically, before you are working. What do you want to bet this is a load of B.S.??? Anyone have any experience with sci (biotech) job placement thru the La Jolla office?

Off to contact employers directly on my own...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kurt in Middletown, Connecticut

94 months ago

Horrible company, unprofessional staff, say anything to get you into the office. Very disorganized. Please, do not waste your time with this place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Reality Check in Burlingame, California

94 months ago

Kforce has placed me in two high paying PM jobs in SF Bay Area. Overall good experience, if you are qualified for a current opening.

The downs are a lack of continuity once your contract is up and no wiggle on the rate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra in Belleville, Michigan

94 months ago

I totally disagree with all of the comments. I worked for K-Force in the Detroit area and they are GREAT. I was laid off from a 2 year contract in January of 07 and they are marketing me to other clients. It may depend on the K-Force location. I can only comment on my area office. I have also found that they pay very well; this could be because of the industry I work in. I have never had to take any test for a job this maybe due to having a degree and working in the automotive industries IT world.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Isaac B in Addison, Illinois

93 months ago

Guys, were you JUST born? LIKE ANY other they depends on WHO PAYS the money!!!!

Do you pay anything? ah? I think NO!

Are they GOOD (even in Detroit)? Are they BAD? The answers for both Q. are NO!!!!!

They are as BAD as any other MIDDLEMAN: real estate agent, insurance broker, car dealership, etc. They are like everyone else!!!!!

When they need you, they could (literally) lick your ass or footprints (without any interview or background check)!!! When they don't need you, they dump you like piece of garbage!!!!

I had first-hand expeience with both of two last statements!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

HG in Littleton, Colorado

92 months ago

Paul in Tampa, Florida said: I am surprised to hear your comments about Kforce's incompetence. I have been placed by them here in VA without any problems and was very impressed with their service. I guess it really depends from office to office.

These people just want to meet their
cold calling quotas....A real waste
of time for the serious professional.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

qa in Littleton, Colorado

92 months ago

Sandra in Belleville, Michigan said: I totally disagree with all of the comments. I worked for K-Force in the Detroit area and they are GREAT. I was laid off from a 2 year contract in January of 07 and they are marketing me to other clients. It may depend on the K-Force location. I can only comment on my area office. I have also found that they pay very well; this could be because of the industry I work in. I have never had to take any test for a job this maybe due to having a degree and working in the automotive industries IT world.

Do you work for Kfarce?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sandra in Belleville, Michigan

92 months ago

Yes, I did work for KForce and I'm a serious professional. I work in the automotive industry and they are a contractor to the industry. I have nothing but good things to say about the people I delt with in the Detroit area. Can not say anything about your local office since I do not live in Littleton.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Previous KForce Employee in Austell, Georgia

92 months ago

The truth of the matter about KForce is that the issues goes beyond each individual office. Sure, different offices are run and staffed by different people, so there is leeway from office to office . . . however this is the truth:

There is a process that KForce employees must follow. If you don't, you are out. They run a high volume atmosphere that is typically manned of the following:

a. Individual "producers" in their 20s' (I'd say it's 75% under 25, 25% from 25 - 30 in this role) [Note that you can find some good people here and there in the ranks, but they are at very much at the mercy of those around them, so 95% of the time, it's a lost cause bothering with them.)
b. Individual "producers" in their 30s' to 40s' (be real careful of these people - they are not in mgmt because they most likely don't want to be. In other words, it's about the money, and these are the individuals that often catalyze people leaving).
c. Market Managers in their late 20s to early 40s: most of the time, these are good people . . . but make no bones about it: to be a Mkt Mgr with KFRC, you have to be willing to cut some throats. You will get eaten alive if you don't.

The problem at KFRC is the corporate culture and the process they tout: "A Disciplined Process, Consistently Applied." The reason is that this process actually alienates candidates and clients . . . and I will be the first to tell you that you will not gain traction if you are not liked.

See, most staffing "professionals" are just salespeople. The ratio of position-to-placement is taught to be 1 in 10 (i.e. you work 10 jobs just to fill 1). That's their business plan. It's about volume, and if you work there, you have to be careful about your "jobs" getting stolen by the contracting division. I developed several accounts on Direct Hire that I lost to Contracting . . . even though margins on Direct Hire are about 70% while margins on Contracting are about 40

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Previous KForce Employee in Austell, Georgia

92 months ago

Here's an interesting article from a person that used to work at KFRC. I can tell you that my experience was nearly the exact same!

www.squidoo.com/bigboxstaffingagencyexposed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Miami, Florida

92 months ago

I would agree to all negative comments about recruiters. I think that they are in it just say they are employed. Horrible, Horrible organizations.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

ali (kforce recruiter) in Tampa, Florida

91 months ago

I work for Kforce (sr recruiter) and it is not a bad place to work. We take care of our consultants and redeploy many of them to new clients when they finish thier projects. Most agencies are shady and don't care about their people, but I do. If you hate Kforce, you dealt with the wrong person and that is entirely your fault. Since you people recieve so many calls from other agencies, you should know which recruiters are actually honest, reliable, and dedicated to meeting your financial and carrer growth motivators...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Ex-Kforce employee (my experience) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

91 months ago

I spent 3 long years at this s***ty company in 2 different offices, and can tell you first hand.....the culture is horrible. Trust me, you do not want to work for Kforce. (And, no, I'm NOT a whiny ex employee who didn't want to work -since I won the company's Gold Award and incentive trip while employed there.) Judging by the 2 HORRIBLE bosses I had during my tenure, I can only surmise that the company chooses to hire managers from the bottom of the barrel. They have absolutely no people skills, and communicating negativity & fear to your team seem to be required from every manager. Granted, I made decent $$ and went on the incentive trip, but frankly, it wasn't worth it. Don't waste your time....go work for a company that actually might appreciate you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Whit in Douglasville, Georgia

91 months ago

KForce's worst nightmare will be for them to be present at a tradeshow in which I let the cat out of the bag on all their unethical business practices. I'd love to see some newbie (or VP, at that) respond to me letting all the steam out of their balloon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jack Kates in Dallas, Texas

91 months ago

It sounds like you worked at the Iselin, NJ office.....Talk about cut throat...They actually brought in my site managers replacement while I was working at one of their sites...They introduced her to us as his replacement to the other employees and managers a month before they released him....And if you get a short term illness (gallstones)and required to take some time off...You will be replaced by KForce saying "This isnt working out and management feels you are to slow in learning the process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

byovino@tampabayrecruiting.com in Tampa, Florida

91 months ago

Steve,

I worked there for 10 years. I now manage my own recruiting practice and would like to have a quick conversation witj you, if you are amenable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

D-Man / Austin, TX in Austin, Texas

91 months ago

Hey Steve --- there ya go!!
(byovino@tampabayrecruiting.com in Tampa, Florida) is willing to talk to you ... Wish someone would take an interest and call me!
Maybe we could all "network right" here on the internet !??!

I started e.mailing some of these comments on various agencies to some friends (nationwide) and they are just flabberghasted !! that these practices exist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

Too bad you're out of my jurisdiction D-Man :)

91 months ago

Dear Mr. "byovino@tampabayrecruiting.com in Tampa, Florida"

I can "re-locate" if the "perfect" job offer was made!
I have no family ties here in Austin, TX !!

In fact, I use to live in Jacksonville Beach, FL a number of years ago and operated a medical staffing agency there.

91 months ago

What a small world. I grew up in Jax. Graduated from UNF. My husband and I lived in San Marco for a couple years before moving here. I spent many a day (and night) down at Jax Beach - those were fun times

91 months ago

Dear "byovino@tampabayrecruiting.com in Tampa, Florida

OH they certainly were !!!
Still have friends there... have thought of moving back there but you know what they say -- you can never go back !!
Been here in Austin, TX for almost 13 years now... and currently looking for employment and since I am not a IT person, it is a bit more difficult to secure a job that wants to pay your "salary requirements" which are not astronomical considering my experience.

91 months ago

That I know. That's why I decided to start my own recruiting practice. Are you a recruiter?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

91 months ago

Dear "byovino@tampabayrecruiting.com in Tampa, Florida" --

No, I am not.
But I just "visited" your website !! : )

Your agency deals with my background !?!?!? How interesting!

91 months ago

The guy with the tie is my favorite. I need to get the site cleaned p before I get more traffic on it. So you're an accountant?

91 months ago

Dear "byovino@tampabayrecruiting.com"

I have to say, Yes - though I do not have a formal degree - I have a certificate - I've just done it for years and was fortunate enough to work under a CPA for a number of years and he taught me just about everything that I didn't learn or already know.
If you promise not to laugh (?) I will send my resume to you at the website... you just never know!

Kay in Parker, Colorado

91 months ago

ali (kforce recruiter) in Tampa, Florida said: I work for Kforce (sr recruiter) and it is not a bad place to work. We take care of our consultants and redeploy many of them to new clients when they finish thier projects. Most agencies are shady and don't care about their people, but I do. If you hate Kforce, you dealt with the wrong person and that is entirely your fault. Since you people recieve so many calls from other agencies, you should know which recruiters are actually honest, reliable, and dedicated to meeting your financial and carrer growth motivators...

Excuse me, but how is it the applicant's fault if they get the wrong person and that leaves a negative impression on YOUR company?

Most of the time they just seem to shuffle off inquiries and resumes by rotation - candidates have no choice in the matter who they deal with. Shame on, you Ali - I have not dealt with you and you left a bad impression of Kforce.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

EXKFARCE in Louisville, Kentucky

91 months ago

I worked with them for 3 years. It was awful, but the money kept me going. I saw and heard so much s**t from other travelers. Kforce even tells you how to "pass" a drug test. When hospitals were adamant about drug testing the travelers, Kforce would just pull the ones that they knew could not pass it and replace them immediately ... and charge the hospital. Does this sound like an ethical company to anyone????

ws in Littleton, Colorado

91 months ago

ali (kforce recruiter) in Tampa, Florida said: I work for Kforce (sr recruiter) and it is not a bad place to work. We take care of our consultants and redeploy many of them to new clients when they finish thier projects. Most agencies are shady and don't care about their people, but I do. If you hate Kforce, you dealt with the wrong person and that is entirely your fault. Since you people recieve so many calls from other agencies, you should know which recruiters are actually honest, reliable, and dedicated to meeting your financial and carrer growth motivators...

Yah, Right...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Not working for Ajilong again in Jericho, New York

91 months ago

Steve in Wesley Chapel, Florida said: I actually worked this financial analyst position. The management team are pompous and condescending. They will never have a good management team. There is a team of 3 analysts and 3 financial managers. I was there 7 months. I came after 2 people quit the position I was hired for. My first 3 months there, the other 2 people quit. 1 person quit on their 1st day while trying to re-hire. Now they hired 2 people who are brand new to financial analysis and barely knew Excel. I'm glad I left. Beware!!!

All of this is very interesting...I just dealt with a KForce recruiter who lied to me about jobs no longer being available. I know he lied because I had two other companies submit me after I spoke with him. One them things I'm a shoo-in. So why did the Kforce guy block me from a job? It was just wrong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter in Tampa, Florida

91 months ago

It sounds like if you are not working for Ajilon (not Ajilong)either you are probably the problem. Candidates come in with junk resumes, spotty work history, and a poor attitude- and wonder why we can't help them.

Not working for Ajilong again in Jericho, New York said: All of this is very interesting...I just dealt with a KForce recruiter who lied to me about jobs no longer being available. I know he lied because I had two other companies submit me after I spoke with him. One them things I'm a shoo-in. So why did the Kforce guy block me from a job? It was just wrong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lynne in Newark, California

91 months ago

Lola in La Puente, California said: No wonder you are unemployed!!!! YOu don't have anything to offer exept nasty attitude and stupidity but expect something special in return. Loser.

I agree $1400.00 a week is not enough money, how greedy and how ridiculous !!
Who are you anyway the King of England ???

Julio S. in Tampa, Florida

91 months ago

Sorry you feel this way about Kforce. They have help me numerous times in my career, of course you (Kathy S.) did nothing to improve my career and it was only after your departure did things improve in my life (Kforce placed me in a great job). I hope you are enjoying your cheese curds.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ex-Kforce employee (my experience) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

91 months ago

Well, I have no idea who you are...which says something to me right there. Wow, you're life only improved AFTER I left? Granted, I think I'm a pretty good recruiter, but I don't think I hold that much power over any candidate's career. Last time I checked YOU are responsible for your career, not any recruiter. My advice...get a grip. Buh bye.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Quoncy Woncy in Tampa, Florida

91 months ago

My advice to you is get off the blogs and go back to work!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Quoncy Woncy in Tampa, Florida

91 months ago

Ex-Kforce employee (my experience) in Milwaukee, Wisconsin said: Well, I have no idea who you are...which says something to me right there. Wow, you're life only improved AFTER I left? Granted, I think I'm a pretty good recruiter, but I don't think I hold that much power over any candidate's career. Last time I checked YOU are responsible for your career, not any recruiter. My advice...get a grip. Buh bye.

Scalp Eater!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Johnny in Chantilly, Virginia

90 months ago

I applied to an Analyst position with Kforce one time and one of their recruiters called me to come in the next day for an interview. I arrive there and the guy was unorganized, misplaced my resume, forgot about the appointment, etc. He sort of gets his act together and we proceed with the interview. He said he would submit my resume and follow up with me. I didn't hear anything from him for a few weeks. He finally calls and starts the conversation like we had never met before. He introduced another position, something not even close to what I was looking for. I had already given him my requirements during the first interview. He couldn't remember me and had me confused with another person. This shows a lack of organization and a lack of professionalism. I have not had much luck with Staffing/Recruiting agencies. It seems like they are just trying to make a few bucks by filling a position rather than really finding a good match. My advice is to apply directly to the firm and eliminate the middle man.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

ali (kforce recruiter) in Tampa, Florida

90 months ago

you can apply directly, but you will then be 1 resume in a pile of hundreds. We work directly with the hiring managers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Lithia Springs, Georgia

90 months ago

Ali, you're full of sheeot and you know it. Since you're down in Tampa, you probably heard that bullsh*t line in training. There are times when you "work directly with hiring managers", but most of the time, you don't. Companies don't care enough about you personally to let you around the entire hiring process just because you're nicer or smarter than the average degenerate at KFarce. Ask Bill Sanders if you don't believe me - you probably won't be there in 18 months. Isn't that his famous training line right before Davey Dunkel pulls down into the parking lot with his Ferrari? KFarce turns over 90% of the entire staff each 12 months - ask Rich (Regional Champion) or Randy (Regional VP) if you don't believe it.

Next time someone complains about a KFarce moron, don't use the line, "we work directly with the hiring managers." You're just opening the garbage company up to more criticism - you and people who think like you are the reason hiring managers don't pick up the line when they see 'KFarce' calling in. Isn't that why they teach you to use your cellphones in training? So you get someone to pick up? Oh, but wait - we're supposed to assume that Ali gets through, like they see your name on caller ID instead of KFarce. Yeah, right.

Here's a little history on KFarce: Davey's Dad founded Romac in 1962 as nothing more than a staffing franchise. Then Albert sold his son the Tampa franchise on the cheap in 1980. Davey then formed Romac Int'l in 1994, and to get away from the franchise structure, went public in 1995. Romac Int'l bought out Source Services Corp in 1998 (the real value in the deal), and then changed the name to KForce.com in 1999 (thinking the name sounded "cool" in the dot-bomb era).

KFRC opened at $3.56 during its IPO in 1995, then rising to $32.13 in 1998. By 2003, the stock was down to $2.55 - a dot-bomb if we ever saw one. Today, the stock closed at $16, still not half of what it was 9 years ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.