How to get a job at KForce.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Host

Do you work at KForce? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Derrell Brown in Phoenix, Arizona

86 months ago

I worked for Kforce on a 3-6 month contract. It ended up lasting 15 months and then I was put on permanent. I tried to get into Kforce for about 4 years off and on before that but never heard anything from them. I was finally able to get in through my neighbor who worked there. I have decided I would like to move on from my current position, I contacted my recruiter who started looking for a new position. That was a year ago and while I have yet to hear of even one job I could apply for I am still hopeful. The job market in my area has been very good during the last year and I have seen several friends move into new positions. Bottom line is I have been very unhappy with my recruiter and overall experience with Kforce. Good Luck in your search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Derrell Brown in Riverview, Florida

85 months ago

Kforce is a staffing agency. Their entire purpose as a business is to fill open positions with qualified professionals. While I appreciate your right to an opinion, I do not agree with it. I recognize your obviously limited understanding of my statements. I also must have misunderstood this forum, I thought it was a place where honest opinions were to be posted whether good or bad. I did not realize I would then be flamed by a narrowed minded neanderthal. Please re-read my post (might I suggest more slowly this time)and understand that I was trying to get accross that it is my opinion based on my experience that you need to know someone in the company to get them to work with you in the first place and then once you have been placed (and they have made their healthy commision), they are done with you. I was also trying to state that it is my opinion again based again on my experience that Kforce works for the employer not the contractor. I never said I didn't appreciate that I was placed or anything of the kind. I would work with Kforce again, however this time I am armed with the knowledge of their focus and was attempting to pass on my experience so as to help other prospective candidates. Please also keep in mind that these are my opinions and I have no intention of trying to berate anyone into agreeing or disagreeing with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Recruiter in Tampa, Florida

85 months ago

Derrell Brown in Riverview, Florida said: Kforce is a staffing agency. Their entire purpose as a business is to fill open positions with qualified professionals. While I appreciate your right to an opinion, I do not agree with it. I recognize your obviously limited understanding of my statements. I also must have misunderstood this forum, I thought it was a place where honest opinions were to be posted whether good or bad. I did not realize I would then be flamed by a narrowed minded neanderthal. Please re-read my post (might I suggest more slowly this time)and understand that I was trying to get accross that it is my opinion based on my experience that you need to know someone in the company to get them to work with you in the first place and then once you have been placed (and they have made their healthy commision), they are done with you. I was also trying to state that it is my opinion again based again on my experience that Kforce works for the employer not the contractor. I never said I didn't appreciate that I was placed or anything of the kind. I would work with Kforce again, however this time I am armed with the knowledge of their focus and was attempting to pass on my experience so as to help other prospective candidates. Please also keep in mind that these are my opinions and I have no intention of trying to berate anyone into agreeing or disagreeing with them.

"Kforce works for the employer not the contractor".......really because if I can read SLOWLY enough like you suggested then I UNDERSTAND that Kforce got you a job. If that is your opinion of someone not working for you then I don't blame your recruiter at all for not contacting you again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

Confused about the process in Cincinnati, Ohio

84 months ago

Well, I have not had any good experiences with Kforce either. I had a recruiter contact me requesting my information be forwored to her again by email, well I sent the information and even called and spoke with her AGAIN and I have still have not heard back from her. I have left her voice mails and emails. I understand that recruiters are very busy and have work with LOTS of clients, but they made the first initial contact with me and now that I am trying to communicate with them, I am getting the run around. A returned phone or email would be fine, if they do not have any work for me I can live with that, but I doubt that is the issue because I am highly skilled and soon to be Microsoft certified in application development, I have my bachelors degree in IT as well.
I would just like some follow up or feed back about where I stand from the recruiter.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie

83 months ago

To recruiters:
I understand that people slam you all over the place on this website, but why do you respond in such a way? To me, it seems as if you are playing into it and exhibiting the exact qualities that you take offense to. It actually makes me nervous when working with local recruiters. I'm quite ashamed to see a recruiter calling a commentor a "loser" and ragging on somebody's qualifications. While the commentors are not nice, they do not represent a name or a company as a whole. I have no idea who Billy Bob is, but I do know of Kforce. And now I think of your comments everytime I think of Kforce. Sit back and think of how your companys' leaders would respond to reading your communications. You are creating your own bad reputation by playing into it in this manner.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ooked Weirdly in Ruskin, Florida

83 months ago

Very well said! Good luck inyour job search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie

83 months ago

Thank you. I am finding it very tough (impossible even) to find a decent entry-level position. I have a four-year degree but these staffing agencies keep proposing positions that a trained monkey could do (i.e. data-entry, secretarial type positions.) I find it hard to beleive that I could get a 3.0 (I know, not the best, but definitely not the worst) in my degree, yet I cannot be trusted to fill a low-level laboratory position. Is college not an acceptable method of gaining "experience"? Why, then, do people not just get a job straight out of high school so as to have this favorable "experience"!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Paper Box in somewhere in the midwest

69 months ago

I've submitted my resume on Kforce's application page online multiple times for data entry work (whenever I see a position being offered on the jobsites I visit), and have not heard from them. I know how to use a computer very well and I know that anyone can do the work -- it isn't hard. And with the economy right now, I would be more than willing to take any office work, even if it is data entry or administrative.

I've also tried other temp agencies for work and either never received a response or if I do, have been told I don't have enough experience or skills needed.

I, too, am a college graduate with a strong GPA. I thought that college was a way of gaining experience, but I'm finding out now that it's mostly who you know, not what you know that gets you a job these days.

Hopefully, I will find something soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sara hane in Washington, District of Columbia

69 months ago

How do you like that....recruiter for Tampa?!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ex Kforce Recruiter with a brain in London, United Kingdom

36 months ago

Guys, Having worked for Kforce in a moment of desperation, i can truly educate you on this, Kforce Recruiters, and many recruiters in general live in a commission fueled euphoria, they do not and in some cases cannot look outside of this, so no matter how much human emotion is expressed on here, a truly indoctrinated recruiter, which happens to you if you stay in the job for more than a year will take offense, because the vast majority or recruiters are to trumped up and money driven to see pass there monitor, muchless truly get into the world of how a candidate feels, there are i would say about 5% of Kforce recruiters who are different to this and they usually leave after a couple of months (as i did) or have a mental breakdown.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Clovis Sangrail in Florida

28 months ago

This company has serious employee issues. That's to be expected from a company who hire ex-retail staff, ex-jocks and ex-cheerleaders hoping that they transform into real recruiters.

Which is not the case unfortunately, the staff is under-educated and under-qualified, and some of the current managers have very little or no professional recruiting experience outside of kforce, thus - best practices don't apply here.

And it's always about meeting the metrics and populating the database- to hell with candidates- in this recession, there are always a couple of chumps and suckers who will bite the bullet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

never again in Columbus, Ohio

27 months ago

Clovis Sangrail in Florida said: ...And it's always about meeting the metrics and populating the database- to hell with candidates- in this recession, there are always a couple of chumps and suckers who will bite the bullet.

Run, don't walk, away from Kforce. I am stuck in a contract with them. They don't give a damn about you as a person. I was told I was going to a great assignment that was going to "take my career to the next level." I'm bored to tears at a company with a nasty atmosphere with very little to do. My skills are shriveling from non-use. I will never do contract work again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Finicky21 in San Antonio, Texas

8 months ago

How much will you have to pay if you get out of the contract? I was contacted by them wanting to offer me a year-long contract. If I should happend to get another job offer, am I stuck too?

never again in Columbus, Ohio said: Run, don't walk, away from Kforce. I am stuck in a contract with them. They don't give a damn about you as a person. I was told I was going to a great assignment that was going to "take my career to the next level." I'm bored to tears at a company with a nasty atmosphere with very little to do. My skills are shriveling from non-use. I will never do contract work again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.