What's the company culture at KForce?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at KForce?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at KForce?

Reply - Report abuse

Someone who worked at Kforce in Powder Springs, Georgia

98 months ago

It's business casual, but only because you are tasked with bringing people to the office to interview them. Really, the goal is getting their references, but you have to bring people in or you get in trouble for not meeting your KPI ("key performance indicators") numbers. As far as people getting together, some do, but mostly it's all about cliques. The truth is that a high-integrity person probably doesn't hang out with too many people there when they're outside the office. That being said, you can make friends there (but the "friendships" normally don't last as business practices and philosophies lead most to become very cut-throat). Outside of learning the recruiting business, there isn't much value in working or staying there. But don't take my word for it - I'd recommend doing a search on LinkedIn and contacting someone who used to work there - they'll give you the skinny!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

J P in Newberg, Oregon

98 months ago

I applied to a PM opening listed by Kforce. I received a call the next day from a guy collecting some "general" information about me.

When I asked about the position, he said there was none. They were simply populating a database.

I don't work with recruiters that mislead or waste my time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ralph Jones in Chicago, Illinois

89 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at KForce?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

The culture is unmatched in the industry. I'm a very satisfied contract employee of the Chicago office and I have a great relationship with the entitire technology team. Every time we go out to lunch or a happy hour these people are bragging about something, the culture, the ethics, their leadership, their co-workers, etc. I would say if you're really interested in learning about the culuture, ask for a "sit-in" visit for a few hours. That should give you a birdseye view of what the culture is like on a daily basis. I know their attire is business casual but If you have a big meeting, you should want to wear a suit anyway (first impressions are everything). The office that I'm contracted through in Chicago does casual jeans day on the last Friday of every month I'm told. If you have any other questions, just let me know and I'll get you in touch with my rep. Good luck to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Candis C in Austin, Texas

60 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at KForce?

I have to say I really enjoyed working with most of the people there.
The turnover is flippen OUTRAGEOUS. If you work there and find cliques, I would probably say it's because the turnover is so high, people are leery of getting too close. One day they are there, the next gone. In my old office 18 people left or fired in less than one year!!!

The office I worked in also had 3 different managers in 12 months. The last one just as ineffecive as the last. No leadership, no goals, her biggest motivator was to say the work "incredible" over and over again.

Not even going to lie, I was fired. Apparently my KPI's weren't up to par. Somehow I think it was because of a personality conflict with one of the account managers. As in I had one, she didn't. :)

Ironically? The candidate I had interview the Thursday before I was fired got the job on Monday. If you are looking for a company that strives to reward it's shareholders and not it's employees, this is the place for you. Look at it like just another paycheck until you find something else, or until you get fired.

I'll miss the people I worked with and the great quality candidates I was able to build a relationship with, but KPI's? Not my style.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Washington, District of Columbia

60 months ago

I worked at Kforce. I needed to get real skills ……so I left. I received calls from financial engineers, CFA's, JD's,MBA's, etc. and I had no idea what that was when I was placing these people ...so I got one an MBA and have a real job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.