Kmart News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Kmart stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

william in Phoenix, Arizona

104 months ago

Kmart is presently the most financially stable of the big 3 discount store chains. they have higher stock prices and huge cash reserves and make profit every day. there are no more under preforming stores that loose money.

when sears and Kmart merged it put both companies on outstanding ground. look to see Kmart buying up regional store chains and then open new stores in the near future

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

somebody in South Bend, Indiana

104 months ago

william in Phoenix, Arizona said: Kmart is presently the most financially stable of the big 3 discount store chains. they have higher stock prices and huge cash reserves and make profit every day. there are no more under preforming stores that loose money.

when sears and Kmart merged it put both companies on outstanding ground. look to see Kmart buying up regional store chains and then open new stores in the near future

ain't gonna happen!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

someone in orlando that worked for them

104 months ago

I think they could possibly pull it off if they get rid of the internal problems. they might be finacialy secure but there internal problems go much deeper than the public realizes and that's why there is such poor customer service and the product availabilty is limited. they coul be so successful with the right people !!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

kevinanon in Saint Louis, Missouri

91 months ago

They will survive. But in a "rape the world" kinda way. Hell, one third of the Sears Holdings corporations profits were from non-retail. Things like hedge funds.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

kevinanon in Saint Louis, Missouri

91 months ago

But of course if Kmart didnt merge with Sears they would of gone under years ago.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

NewEnglandGirl in West Virginia

87 months ago

Kmart is nowhere near as high on customer service standards as Sears. Sure Sears has its less than perfect employees, as every store does, but at Sears we are to smile, greet, and thank every customer within 10 feet. We also ask people at random if they finding everything okay, and if they found what they came to Sears to buy. Nowhere else have I seen any stores going by those standards. My store may not be fully staffed 365 days a year, and there may not always be someone in the dept. you happen to be in, I won't lie, but when you pass by any of us, we at least talk to you, ask if you need help. And you can ALWAYS go to any cashier and ask to have a floor associate pages to help you in any dept. Kmart, Wal Mart, JC Penney, etc, I have been to them all several times and no one asked me if I was finding everything okay, hi, smile, eye contact, nothing! It's very irritating to be affiliated with a store (Kmart) that does not have simple common courtesy for their customers, the people who really pay their paychecks. I do hope to see Sears thrive though, things aren't looking too promising right now.....everyone needs to work together, and not separate the managers from the regular associates. That's my opinion anyway, about my local store.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

sadbuttrue777 in Phoenix, Arizona

85 months ago

someone in orlando that worked for them said: I think they could possibly pull it off if they get rid of the internal problems. they might be finacialy secure but there internal problems go much deeper than the public realizes and that's why there is such poor customer service and the product availabilty is limited. they coul be so successful with the right people !!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes -- their INTERNAL problems are deep and if that isn't resolved, they won't make it. For example, I have proof that a Store Manager went to WalMart with the electronics lead associate to purchase Ipods, as she forgot to order some for the holidays. She then returned them at Kmart and made the service desk associate do a 'no receipt refund' and gave her cash back, which was more than what she paid at WalMart -- they consistently Rip Off the store! That is so wrong; where's the integrity??? They also have NO training for associates on how to treat the customers. When Mgmt. acts that way and associates SEE it, how the hell do they expect associates to act and work??? It's too bad, but I'm sorry to say that Kmart won't make it.....issues like this are keeping them from being 'better' than their competitors.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.