Kmart Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (14)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Kmart?

What do you like best about working at Kmart? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Johann

86 months ago

Assistant Store Managers (or coaches as they are called) range from $35-60 thousand dollars annually depending upon experience. Store Managers start anywhere from the low $50,000 range, generally up to the mid $70,000 range, but can reach as high as $150,000 depending on location, store volume, and experience level.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Been there in Harold, Kentucky

83 months ago

Johann said: Assistant Store Managers (or coaches as they are called) range from $35-60 thousand dollars annually depending upon experience. Store Managers start anywhere from the low $50,000 range, generally up to the mid $70,000 range, but can reach as high as $150,000 depending on location, store volume, and experience level.

It's not worth it!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Shannon in Dayton, Ohio

83 months ago

I started out at 6.00 a hour. Pay s u cks and it's horrible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

bella in Lowell, Massachusetts

83 months ago

In Massachusetts starting pay is $7.50 and hr. for cashiers etc. and dept manager is $9.00 to start, i think this still holds true, every state is different.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

John Harp in East Point, Georgia

83 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Kmart?

What do you like best about working at Kmart? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

I am not employed by this co. have put in online application, have not been contacted for interview. Would like to work for this co. if pay scale meet my requirement, seeking better job opportunties, (currently working) trying to get back in the field of work in which i am comfortable working. please set up a interview or e-mail me at your convience.,have reliable transportation , can pass drug and background test,get along with co-workers, and the kmart job in Forest Park, Ga. is only 10minutes, from my home. very convience for me, as well as kmart.do not lay off the job, very reliable worker, can contact current job, upon my being hired by your company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Kevinanon in Saint Louis, Missouri

72 months ago

The starting pay for hourly positions at Kmart in St. Louis are $6.75 an hour. Note that when I worked there, minimum wage was $6.65. I think you get a .25 raise after 3 months. I didn't last there long enough to know.

Oh, and expect to work anywhere from 20 hours a week at best, to 5-10 hours a week. Usually at 10 hours.

Sound like a good deal?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ali Horst in Raleigh, North Carolina

71 months ago

As a graduate intern in pharmacy-comparable to other pharmacy jobs in the market at $15 dollars/hour.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ali Horst in Raleigh, North Carolina

71 months ago

Also, Kmart offers 10% off of all products (doesn't count if they are on clearance, etc) and 20% on clothes. Same goes for Sears, BUT the percent is ontop of the clearance discount! It is a nice deal :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Lhasa in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

64 months ago

I just started as a cashier and I am making minimum wage ($7.15hr for Pennsylvania).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gisele bennett in redkey, Indiana

63 months ago

Johann said: Assistant Store Managers (or coaches as they are called) range from $35-60 thousand dollars annually depending upon experience. Store Managers start anywhere from the low $50,000 range, generally up to the mid $70,000 range, but can reach as high as $150,000 depending on location, store volume, and experience level.

I am very interested in management. I have a Bachelor's degree in Business Management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

whattajoke in Show Low, Arizona

58 months ago

Ali Horst in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Also, Kmart offers 10% off of all products (doesn't count if they are on clearance, etc) and 20% on clothes. Same goes for Sears, BUT the percent is ontop of the clearance discount! It is a nice deal :)

Then they differ from store to store. We got 10 % off of regular or clearance.. not matter if it was clothing or soap. Nothing on sale prices.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

asanchez in Lubbock, Texas

57 months ago

anyone starting pay at kmart in lubbock

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LuckyLegs in Hobart, Australia

13 months ago

Pay rates here start at 14.00 to 17.00 depending on your age and if you're casual or part time. (14.00 being part time over 21, 17.00 being 18 year old casuals, which then goes up and up each year until you hit 21 or are given a contract and part time position.)

We get only 5% off in store purchases but get half price on any clothing items (shoes, socks, undies, trousers, undershirts, work jackets, shirts etc) we wear to work as our uniform up to $200 dollars worth a month.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.