How to get a job at Kmart.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 66 of 66)
Page:  « Previous   1  2   

zblack in Warren, Michigan

54 months ago

I applied at Kmart, I was given an interview date, yet someone called me and said they were done hiring. Yet, this Kmart still has openings on the site when you goto apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

joycebarnes in Oakville, Connecticut

51 months ago

I enjoyed working for you during the xmas season. I was always on time. You can check with Nick, I always worked extra hours when asked.
Unfortunitly, I had a fall incident where I broke my leg and missed the last two work days. I have since recuperated and am ready to return to work hopefully with your company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

sincere in Los Angeles, California

50 months ago

I would like to know about the hiring process for Kmart stores here in Los Angeles, (slauson&vermont). Do they do a criminal background check on their applicants?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

kmartemployee in Riverside, California

50 months ago

I've been working at kmart for almost 2 years now, everyday I go in and work my ass off. Recently, they terminated the position that is above mine so my supervisor was laid off and I'm stuck doing all the work with no increase in pay or the title. If you want to work at kmart expect to never get a raise, expect to never be promoted, and expect to become the store's b***h. I have never called off, never been late, and always did what my managers told me, I have been thanked by getting my hours cut, extremely. I would recommend to use kmart as a stepping stone to get a better job, but actively look for a better job from the minute you get hired to the minute you put in your two weeks.

They're constantly hiring, so it's not hard to get an interview for Sears you'll get an email for kmart you'll get a call. Sometimes you'll skip over the hr interview and just meet the store manager. After I put in my application I was called an hour later, went into the interview the next day, an hour after I left the interview I was called for my second interview that same day they called me offered me a job and I went in got my papers and went to take my drug test, the next day I started my training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Sears GM in Warrington, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

sincere in Los Angeles, California said: I would like to know about the hiring process for Kmart stores here in Los Angeles, (slauson&vermont). Do they do a criminal background check on their applicants?

Yes they do. I can't think of ANY retailer that does not conduct background checks nowadays.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

sincere in Los Angeles, California

50 months ago

Is there any advice out there on how to search for a job, when you have a felony conviction on your record, the felony is non-violent or neither is it drug related. I am having such a hard time finding work, since this has happened even though its been several years ago. I know checking that box on an application is a red flag for sure, and if you lie on the application there a high chance of course there going to find out anyway and fire you later.
Does any one know of any job search websites that will consider a felony or post jobs that are felony friendly?
In desperate need of employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sears GM in Warrington, Pennsylvania

50 months ago

sincere in Los Angeles, California said: Is there any advice out there on how to search for a job, when you have a felony conviction on your record, the felony is non-violent or neither is it drug related. I am having such a hard time finding work, since this has happened even though its been several years ago. I know checking that box on an application is a red flag for sure, and if you lie on the application there a high chance of course there going to find out anyway and fire you later.
Does any one know of any job search websites that will consider a felony or post jobs that are felony friendly?
In desperate need of employment.

I think it's ridiculous that people who made mistakes a long time ago can't get decent work. When I was a staffing manager, the BEST employees we had were those on probation or ones who were unable to obtain work elsewhere because they knew they couldn't mess up. They tend to be more responsible and reliable than other employees. I'm talking about non-violent offenders without a drug/theft charge of course. My advice is to call the mayor's office or access the county website and see if they post employment opportunities there. Here in Philly, the city actually gives employer's tax breaks who provide employment to people with records....it's call the "2nd chance program". The mayor's office keeps a list that they ONLY give to people to felony convictions. Hopefully, your city/county has a similar program. Other than that, I wouldn't waste my time with large or even medium size companies. Try small companies where you may be able to talk to those in charge and explain your situation and what you have been doing since your conviction. Try to stick with that one employer until it's been at least 7 years since your conviction, and then make another attempt trying to get in with the larger companies. Good luck out there. I know it's frustrating, but stay positive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tre Dunx in Olympia, Washington

46 months ago

Big Dummy in Rochester, New York said: Get an education , why in God's name would you want to work at a K-mart unless you were pretty desperate? That I could understand and sympathize with. Best wishes to you.

Apparently this guys name fits his intelligence.
Ever heard of modern economics genius? My guess by your I.Q says you cant count to ten unless your wearing sandals.

And heres a little fact for you,50% of Americas debt is because of irresponsible people like you, that take out loans to obtain MAJOR degrees, and takes you more than 10+ years (minimum) to payback.
Plus, if you have to PAY to LEARN SOMETHING, your not very intelligent in the first place.
(But that was obvious by your immature/ condescending statement)

you my friend, DO NEED SCHOOL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

michael in Conyers, Georgia

44 months ago

i like job at here kmart i am a good working an i work on houses but i try look for wortk at kmart

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

michael in Conyers, Georgia

44 months ago

i am a great
workin i work on houses and i try look for wortk kmart

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

AmericanCantWorkAtKmart in Victorville, California

37 months ago

Was denied job for cashier in a Hesperia, CA Kmart. Pathetic. I protest this and I am gonna follow up with HR to find out some specific reasons. Sad to be an American, not an illegal, and can't get a job at Kmart.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Whatever in Petersburg, Virginia

36 months ago

Big Dummy in Rochester, New York said: Get an education , why in God's name would you want to work at a K-mart unless you were pretty desperate? That I could understand and sympathize with. Best wishes to you.

Well in Virginia education or not if you dont know the right people getting a job isnt easy. I have my AAS in Medical Assisting, and me myself, Im having a hard time finding a job. So FYI its not alwyas about education. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

LuckyLegs in Hobart, Australia

36 months ago

I currently work for Kmart and i must say it didn't seem difficult to get the job i have now. Alot of my friends had applied (which weirdly enough didn't involve a computer at all, except for applying online simply to get the ref number to send in with the resume.) and had been rejected. I applied and within a week got my first interview. That went well enough but i didn't get a reply back for another few weeks. Then, out of the blue another line manager different to where i first applied asked that i come in. Instead of an interview, i was simply given a description of what i would be doing. A month later i finally fell into a few shifts a week. I was casual for more than two years but didn't mind because the casual rate is alot higher here than alot of the part timers and full timers rates.

I've now been given a contract for a part time position and my line manager is finally the one i wanted in the first place. I guess it depends on the time you apply. I was a christmas employee and many of my current co-workers are being hired for the upcoming toy sale. There are only a few times a year when we go crazy in hiring, maybe you should re apply around Easter, Mothers day, christmas, tax time, toy sale and back to school sale? Hope this helped.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

M.A. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

36 months ago

I applied for jobs everywhere for 4-5 months and did not receive a callback. One day I saw that Kmart is hiring, so I applied online. The next day the HR Manager calls me to schedule an appointment for tomorrow. I arrived to the interview (cashier position) had to wait 30+ minutes for the HR manager. My name was called and I went into the HR Manager interview room, she was really nice and friendly. She already went over my online application and told me about Kmart (that it is owned by Sears Corporation) and that she knew I have no retail experience (because I am fairly young) but I have solid cashiering experience in the past. She didn't ask me no questions and say to me: "You are hired! Now, would you like to work here or not?" I of course said yes.
The pay is low but there's room for advancement such as lead cashier, supervisor, department manager, and so on. Not to mention that Kmart is a stepping stone to Sears.

It was really easy, I guess it all depends on luck!
Plus, the smarter you are, the hardworker you are, the faster it is to go up the ladder.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sophia joseph in St Thomas, Virgin Islands, U.S.

29 months ago

I am looking for a job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

sport_crafts_girl in Dandenong, Australia

24 months ago

Hey guys,
What questions do they ask you at the interview?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.