not hiring but advertise for jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

zueskeeper in Honesdale, Pennsylvania

67 months ago

I check the job listings daily. When I saw an ad for my local kmart I went in that day. I was told there are no openings. The same happend to my wife a few months earlier, but we thought the job had been filled since it was a few days after the ad. Neither one of us even got to fill out an app. Don't know what type of scam they are running.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

florgrl* in Ripon, Wisconsin

67 months ago

zueskeeper in Honesdale, Pennsylvania said: I check the job listings daily. When I saw an ad for my local kmart I went in that day. I was told there are no openings. The same happend to my wife a few months earlier, but we thought the job had been filled since it was a few days after the ad. Neither one of us even got to fill out an app. Don't know what type of scam they are running.

This is a very common occurance in Wisconsin too. In the year that I have been unemployed, I have gone through enough to write a book. Many businesses are simply collecting resumes, possibly to call people if they ever do intend to hire in the future. I have even been given interviews and then after they tell me how impressed they are with my test score results, proven sales ability, 15 years of experience with Fortune 500 companies, and blah, blah, blah...then you find out that management has decided to postpone hiring anyone, because of a bad economy.

These people don't care if you are down to your last few dollars when you drive all over looking for their business, pay to dry clean your clothing for interviews, pay to park your car in their parking ramps, etc, etc. They could care less and do you know why? Because they have plenty of money and you are in the category of the unemployed, which numbers into the thousands in this so-called land of opportunity.

So I'm not sure what is worse: finding out that Kmart isn't really hiring or getting a bogus interview with some phony, who lies for a living. Both of these disturbing occurances are quite common place in the world of unemployment nowadays.

My advice is to continue to apply directly to a business, though, and stay clear of temp agencies because they are a huge waste of effort and time. They have no real jobs. Kmart is quite well known, so you should try to contact someone in authority. I have complained about a few businesses in my area. Good luck on your job efforts!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

candlestick in Grand Rapids, Michigan

46 months ago

It is called phifing they make it sound like they are hirihg.
But what they are really doing is just collecting resumes for future hirings due to turnovers. I have been it retail for quite sometime and this is typical.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.