What's the company culture at Kohl's Corporation?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Host

Every business has its own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Kohl's Corporation?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Kohl's Corporation?

Reply - Report abuse

Its_just_me in Friendswood, Texas

48 months ago

Things have changed greatly! Back in mid 90's when I worked at Kohls, it truly was like a family!
Every Friday night after work, we went out to margarita nights down at the bar.
The store operated like a fine oiled machine. There were only 1 store manager, 1 assistant store manager, the department supervisors 6 total for the store, and the associates and stock room.
There were no separate pos (cashiers), seperate floor associates, ad placers (supervisors did their own signs) or fitting room attendants. (associates back then worked floor and register)
Everyone knew what to do and was not micromanaged. There were no "overnights"... The supervisors got their markdowns done within a short period of time,because that was part of the supervisor role.
I'm wondering what happened to this model which has worked but given up for something that obviously doesn't.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.