What's the deal with this job?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (35)

What's up? in Bronx, New York

93 months ago

This job has been posted here, on monster and other boards not to mention KPMG's own website (www.kpmgcareers.com) for what has to be at least a year and a half now. what's the deal? Is it just that hard to find a candidate or did someone post it and forget about it? What's going on??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (45) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

M in Apopka, Florida

93 months ago

What's up? said: This job has been posted here, on monster and other boards not to mention KPMG's own website (www.kpmgcareers.com) for what has to be at least a year and a half now. what's the deal? Is it just that hard to find a candidate or did someone post it and forget about it? What's going on??
The talent at the big accounting firms is no where near what it once was. Anyone with an ounce of ability won't work in that environemnt if that have a choice. Bottom line is their turnover is unbelieveable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

What's up? in New York, New York

93 months ago

This is good to know. Thanks to all for your replies

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

FoonTheElder in Dallas, Texas

92 months ago

The big accounting firms love to complain that there is a shortage of accountants, but they ignore everyone over 40 and anyone who has extensive experience.

What they really want is someone with two years of experience that they can pay $25 an hour and bill out at $150 an hour, regardless of their skill level.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AnotherElder in Brewster, New York

92 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth McLaughlin in Sparta, New Jersey

92 months ago

I have applied for the administrative assistant position that was advertised in Charlotte, NC when I lived there. I have also applied in the State of New York where I have resided for years. As a matter of fact I applied for the job posted in Albany as well as the Westchester County area. I may go insane if I see another job posting from this company.

P.S. When I worked for a corporation the KPMG people that came in to work were very young.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Matt in Houston, Texas

91 months ago

What's up? said: This job has been posted here, on monster and other boards not to mention KPMG's own website (www.kpmgcareers.com) for what has to be at least a year and a half now. what's the deal? Is it just that hard to find a candidate or did someone post it and forget about it? What's going on??

It's not that KPMG can't find someone, the deal is that they like to have people in reserve and at their disposal when it's convenient for them.

KPMG applicant in Los Angeles, California

91 months ago

You know, I got a call back and interviewed. If your job skills match what they want they'll call back. If not then it's their loss for not calling you back

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Bob F - recruiter in Milwaukee in Oak Creek, Wisconsin

90 months ago

Interesting posts, all. We have some CPAs (I should say FORMER CPAs, but still credentialled) working with my financial services company. Some of them left big 8 and other such firms, and some left CFO and other corporate positions - 60+ hour work weeks and all - for the chance to build their own financial services business. Far fewer hours, far less stress, far better promotion and income potential. To be successful, CPA or not, doesn't automatically mean you have to get on some corporate treadmill until they decide you're worthy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Elizabeth McLaughlin in Sparta, New Jersey

90 months ago

true - very true

Debra

90 months ago

What's up? in Bronx, New York said: This job has been posted here, on monster and other boards not to mention KPMG's own website ( www.kpmgcareers.com ) for what has to be at least a year and a half now. what's the deal? Is it just that hard to find a candidate or did someone post it and forget about it? What's going on??

Same thing happened to me with the posting in the New Jersey area. I applied a few years back. Never got a response and never reapplied guessing I was not a good candidate for them. The ad comes and goes and I believe it may be a position that is hard to keep employees in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joshua Rosener in Saint Paul, Minnesota

90 months ago

I have an interview tomorrow. They told me this was a new position just created by the company. Is that false?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joshua Rosener in Saint Paul, Minnesota

90 months ago

That would be for associate engagement set up admin

So So in Bothell, Washington

89 months ago

KPMG applicant in Los Angeles, California said: You know, I got a call back and interviewed. If your job skills match what they want they'll call back. If not then it's their loss for not calling you back

Yes, they will call if they are interested! You'll interview....and then you'll see the job re-posted 2 months later. Very strange. I won't apply again!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

UTAH in Salt Lake City, Utah

88 months ago

I applied for the job over a month ago, but it was under a different title. This is a strange company. I guess I don't meet their qualifications...even though it is exactly what I am doing right now for a different company. Their loss.

Will in Ft. Worth in Dallas, Texas

88 months ago

They have such high turnover. They have hired a new director twice in less than a year. Seems like they got bad apples both times. What do you expect from their recruiters.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kanu Kangal in Ramsey, New Jersey

87 months ago

Guys. Remember if you see a company posting job ads repeatedly then do not apply. Reason : Company like KPMG, UBS (rumoured not sure), have lot of foreign workers with with H1 Visa. Since H1 Visa need to be renewed every 3 years( total 6 years validity), many companies file green card for their foreign worker. One of the step in Green card process is labor clearance which means companies have to prove that they can not find labor skill locally which matches foreign worker. For this they put job ad, you may get interviewed(unlikely) or you may be rejected without them even looking at your resume, any way the whole idea is to prove that they can not find suitable candidate within USA and therefore INS need to go ahead with Green Card Processing for their foreign worker. The labor clearance at INS usually took 1 to 2+ years. To speed up things some 5 years back INS introduced RIR recruitment procedure, it means if company continually posts ad for the job of foreign worker for six month and still they do not find suitable candidate, under RIR procedure the labor clearance for such green card application will be less than 3 months. Hope this helps and please do not assume that your candidature was not up to the mark or less qualified for not getting a response from company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

MK in Downingtown, Pennsylvania

86 months ago

true you cannot say every foreigner in USA [Edit] get job easily. they have more troubles these companies do not hire H1 or other visa they want green card or citizenship.
but major thing is to know the person hiring personally or their freinds atleast

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Not looking for big companies in San Diego, California

86 months ago

Kanu Kangal in Ramsey, New Jersey said: Guys. Remember if you see a company posting job ads repeatedly then do not apply. Reason : Company like KPMG, UBS (rumoured not sure), have lot of foreign workers with with H1 Visa. Since H1 Visa need to be renewed every 3 years( total 6 years validity), many companies file green card for their foreign worker. One of the step in Green card process is labor clearance which means companies have to prove that they can not find labor skill locally which matches foreign worker. For this they put job ad, you may get interviewed(unlikely) or you may be rejected without them even looking at your resume, any way the whole idea is to prove that they can not find suitable candidate within USA and therefore INS need to go ahead with Green Card Processing for their foreign worker. The labor clearance at INS usually took 1 to 2+ years. To speed up things some 5 years back INS introduced RIR recruitment procedure, it means if company continually posts ad for the job of foreign worker for six month and still they do not find suitable candidate, under RIR procedure the labor clearance for such green card application will be less than 3 months. Hope this helps and please do not assume that your candidature was not up to the mark or less qualified for not getting a response from company.

Thank you for the post. I learned not to apply to big consulting IT services companies because of one reason; they have revenue to meet each quarter and you consultants are their revenues. If you are not justified for their $150/hour bill-able rate then your are fired the next day. I incline to work for companies whose businesses are not IT services.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tina B in New York, New York

85 months ago

I notice that a lot of large firms are posting the same positions over and over and over. Before I knew any better, I'd apply and get frustrated at not getting a call because I am definitely qualified.

If you frequent the job sites as often as I do, then you'll notice all of these large firms are doing the same thing. Don't bother. You'd have a better chance of getting struck by ligthening than getting a call back.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Karen C in Columbus, Ohio

82 months ago

What's up? in Bronx, New York said: This job has been posted here, on monster and other boards not to mention KPMG's own website ( www.kpmgcareers.com ) for what has to be at least a year and a half now. what's the deal? Is it just that hard to find a candidate or did someone post it and forget about it? What's going on??

I've noticed that KPMG has been reposting one of the jobs locally on Yahoo HotJobs and Monster. I applied to one of the jobs, actually got a call for a phone interview. The recruiter called 15 minutes late and asked me the usual questions. She was very rude and got very snooty with me. I will NEVER apply to KPMG again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gyan gakkad in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey

76 months ago

This job has been posted here, on monster and other boards not to mention KPMG's own website ( www.kpmgcareers.com ) for what has to be at least a year and a half now. what's the deal? Is it just that hard to find a candidate or did someone post it and forget about it? What's going on??

I applied for the post of Project Manager IT( with all the qualification 10+ year exp., MS degree in computer science) in 2006, montvale,NJ. I never got interview call,in the meantime I kept seeing the job ad for the whole year. In march/2008 a head hunter calls me for the same job. I agree to it and my resume is submitted to hiring director. The very next day I get a call from KPMG HR guy and he says my resume is already on the database and would I be interested in going direct instead of recruiter. I said that is not the norm and I have to abide by my commitment to head hunter after all recruiter is just waiting to fix up interview appointment. Head hunter after hearing my story talks with hiring director and everything is sorted out and I am scheduled for an interview as a recruiter candidate. Just two hour prior to interview Head hunter calls up and mentions that interview is canceled. Apparently HR raised objection that since they had my resume in their database(2 year old), I can not go through a head hunter. KPMG HR guy calls me to schedule interview as a direct candidate. Till now I was tolerating this comic series just because KPMG is 15 min. drive from my house vs. my commute to New York city which is 1 hour+ each way. But, I told KPMG HR guy No Thank you, KPMG has failed my assessment as a Professional company, in future if there is a suitable interest from my side I will contact KPMG do not contact me. KPMG is a great company and I am sure they will find many talented IT Project Manager. But at this point I am not interested. In my 14 years of career in a high turnover Employment category like IT. I have never experienced what I experienced at KPMG.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Gyan gakkad in Franklin Lakes, New Jersey

76 months ago

Karen C in Columbus, Ohio said: I've noticed that KPMG has been reposting one of the jobs locally on Yahoo HotJobs and Monster. I applied to one of the jobs, actually got a call for a phone interview. The recruiter called 15 minutes late and asked me the usual questions. She was very rude and got very snooty with me. I will NEVER apply to KPMG again.

Read my experience below. Looks like I was not the only one who had a terrible experience with these comedians.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Proposal Writer in Redwood City, California

76 months ago

RE: This job has been posted here, on monster and other boards not to mention KPMG's own website (www.kpmgcareers.com) for what has to be at least a year and a half now. what's the deal? Is it just that hard to find a candidate or did someone post it and forget about it? What's going on??

I was offered that job recently with a 10 percent increase over my current salary and a $10K hiring bonus. I turned it down. Three reasons: 1) During the interviw, the director of the proposal development dept repeatedly disparaged her internal customers (i.e., the KPMG directors); 2) the director repeatedly disparaged one of the two writers in the dept; and 3) both writers seemed VERY stressed, if not depressed. KPMG pays very well. Seriously well. But that director is driving people away. The recruiter told me that KPMG had offered the job to another woman before me and she too had "decided to stay at her current job."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lost in emotions in Columbus, Ohio

74 months ago

why does this surprise anyone????

Harmoti in Port Leyden, New York

71 months ago

This job posting is a fraud. It runs constantly. My resume included everything they asked for - and more - and I got an email telling me I was not qualified for the job. Impossible to determine what employers want these days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

geturfacts in Ridgewood, New Jersey

67 months ago

M in Apopka, Florida said: The talent at the big accounting firms is no where near what it once was. Anyone with an ounce of ability won't work in that environemnt if that have a choice. Bottom line is their turnover is unbelieveable.

KPMG turn over is 6-7% one of the lowest in the world? do u even know that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Proposal Writer in Redwood City, California said: RE: This job has been posted here, on monster and other boards not to mention KPMG's own website ( www.kpmgcareers.com ) for what has to be at least a year and a half now. what's the deal? Is it just that hard to find a candidate or did someone post it and forget about it? What's going on??

I was offered that job recently with a 10 percent increase over my current salary and a $10K hiring bonus. I turned it down. Three reasons: 1) During the interviw, the director of the proposal development dept repeatedly disparaged her internal customers (i.e., the KPMG directors); 2) the director repeatedly disparaged one of the two writers in the dept; and 3) both writers seemed VERY stressed, if not depressed. KPMG pays very well. Seriously well. But that director is driving people away. The recruiter told me that KPMG had offered the job to another woman before me and she too had "decided to stay at her current job."

u gotta be kidding.. recruiter would say that? I highly doubt.. looks like sour grapes

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

FoonTheElder in Dallas, Texas said: The big accounting firms love to complain that there is a shortage of accountants, but they ignore everyone over 40 and anyone who has extensive experience.

What they really want is someone with two years of experience that they can pay $25 an hour and bill out at $150 an hour, regardless of their skill level.

No really.. KPMG is one of the best co's to work for as most are over 40 (atleast the accountants). its the depth of accounting work u have done

67 months ago

Joshua Rosener in Saint Paul, Minnesota said: I have an interview tomorrow. They told me this was a new position just created by the company. Is that false?

Its never is false.. kpmg follows strict OFCCP guidelines

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Elizabeth McLaughlin in Sparta, New Jersey said: I have applied for the administrative assistant position that was advertised in Charlotte, NC when I lived there. I have also applied in the State of New York where I have resided for years. As a matter of fact I applied for the job posted in Albany as well as the Westchester County area. I may go insane if I see another job posting from this company.

P.S. When I worked for a corporation the KPMG people that came in to work were very young.

You know the fact that you don't that KPMG is NOT a corporation would tell you how serious u were in your job interest

67 months ago

Kanu Kangal in Ramsey, New Jersey said: Guys. Remember if you see a company posting job ads repeatedly then do not apply. Reason : Company like KPMG, UBS (rumoured not sure), have lot of foreign workers with with H1 Visa. Since H1 Visa need to be renewed every 3 years( total 6 years validity), many companies file green card for their foreign worker. One of the step in Green card process is labor clearance which means companies have to prove that they can not find labor skill locally which matches foreign worker. For this they put job ad, you may get interviewed(unlikely) or you may be rejected without them even looking at your resume, any way the whole idea is to prove that they can not find suitable candidate within USA and therefore INS need to go ahead with Green Card Processing for their foreign worker. The labor clearance at INS usually took 1 to 2+ years. To speed up things some 5 years back INS introduced RIR recruitment procedure, it means if company continually posts ad for the job of foreign worker for six month and still they do not find suitable candidate, under RIR procedure the labor clearance for such green card application will be less than 3 months. Hope this helps and please do not assume that your candidature was not up to the mark or less qualified for not getting a response from company.

Kanu .. you are wrong ye kpmg hires H1B but GC ads do say that its for labor clearance.. check ur facts before fudging details

67 months ago

Tina B in New York, New York said: I notice that a lot of large firms are posting the same positions over and over and over. Before I knew any better, I'd apply and get frustrated at not getting a call because I am definitely qualified.

If you frequent the job sites as often as I do, then you'll notice all of these large firms are doing the same thing. Don't bother. You'd have a better chance of getting struck by ligthening than getting a call back.

the basic thing you have to be qualified .. thousands apply for one jobs

FoonTheElder in Omaha, Nebraska

67 months ago

geturfacts in Ridgewood, New Jersey said: No really.. KPMG is one of the best co's to work for as most are over 40 (atleast the accountants). its the depth of accounting work u have done

Funny, I can walk down the hall here and see a half a dozen KPMG auditors in their late 20s, just out of school being supervised a manager in the early thirties. None of which have much 'depth of accounting'.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

anonymous in Brooklyn, New York

10 months ago

I couldnt agree with you more. I was contacted and did not apply. I went through the entire interview process and was told an offer could not be extended at this time, but that one would in 2 months (due to budgets)! I go on glassdoor and see that they flew someone in, put them up on a hotel, and then offered them the same position. DO not waste your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.