Kraft Foods Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Kraft Foods?

What do you like best about working at Kraft Foods? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Another pissed off Kraft employee in San Antonio, Texas

84 months ago

Kraft will go out of their way to short change you when it comes to money. If you are in the sales end of the workforce you will never get a raise higher than 3%, EVER. This is than offset by overinflated sales goals, so forget about bonuses. In the last few years they have lowered the amount of your monthly bonus as well. The latest fiasco was when they switched from biweekly to weekly pay structure. They held back one weeks pay from all employees with no explanation. It's being "held in arrears" .....ie the KRAFT SLUSH FUND. You'll never see the part about "arrears" in writing tho, not from them. No wonder they get sued repeatedly. Stay away from Kraft, do yourself a favor. This company is the perfect example of the dispicable corporate powerhouses ruining America. I know, Ive been there 10 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (49) / No (30) Reply - Report abuse

manoman in Springfield, Missouri

79 months ago

horrible place kraft,been there 7 years, stay awayyyyy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Marie Baltic in Chicago, Illinois

75 months ago

Their "bonuses" are redesigned every year...never the same calculation. They give you as little as possible if you are below senior manager ( which means doing all the work). Pay raises are pitiful and if 3 out of 4 people get a glowing review for the year..they'll all get different pay raises because there aren't enough good ones allocated to go around. I've heard some supervisors have been told to rewrite reviews downward so they would match the allocated raise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Candypane in Palm Harbor, Florida

65 months ago

Marie Baltic in Chicago, Illinois said: Their "bonuses" are redesigned every year...never the same calculation. They give you as little as possible if you are below senior manager ( which means doing all the work). Pay raises are pitiful and if 3 out of 4 people get a glowing review for the year..they'll all get different pay raises because there aren't enough good ones allocated to go around. I've heard some supervisors have been told to rewrite reviews downward so they would match the allocated raise.

I definitely agree!!! I recently ended my position with them and I honestly believe it was the best decision I have ever made in my life. It wasn't work the headache. It not only mentally draining but physically draining!! Its not work the pay at all!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

wendy ross in Brighton, Michigan

51 months ago

Another pissed off Kraft employee in San Antonio, Texas said: Kraft will go out of their way to short change you when it comes to money. If you are in the sales end of the workforce you will never get a raise higher than 3%, EVER. This is than offset by overinflated sales goals, so forget about bonuses. In the last few years they have lowered the amount of your monthly bonus as well. The latest fiasco was when they switched from biweekly to weekly pay structure. They held back one weeks pay from all employees with no explanation. It's being "held in arrears" .....ie the KRAFT SLUSH FUND. You'll never see the part about "arrears" in writing tho, not from them. No wonder they get sued repeatedly. Stay away from Kraft, do yourself a favor. This company is the perfect example of the dispicable corporate powerhouses ruining America. I know, Ive been there 10 years.

I was trying to get an interview with Kraft and Kelloggs. However, I have given up because I see so many of the same positions open. Which usually indicates that there is high turnover and employee dissatisfaction.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

joe smoh in Central, Florida

48 months ago

First off I would not Apply for a Job at kraft foods unless you are a female. Kraft has been very open the last few years about only bringing on females.

Also the pay is very good if you can live off a teachers pay but with no days off. Kraft will say whatever they need to say to get you to come aboard. You work 7 days a week. I assure you. No matter what you work 7 days a week.

Like every other company. Money is all they care about. There is so much pressure and your workload is so intense you just cant get it done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

jose2000 in Lynwood, California

44 months ago

Horrible company to work for as far as merchandising goes. Decent pay in this economy but goodluck finding or moving up to full time positions. Also expect to work all weekends.

Workload is ridiculous. Kraft micromanages EVERYTHING. They have this new "process" where u have to follow every single step of your day to a T and be certified in it. Hey kraft, its stocking shelves not rocket science. The process is a joke and does not work better or help things get done faster. Your avg 8hr day your have to hit around 4 stores and stock about 80 cases per store. A 4hr day about half that and all by yourself. Working 4hrs felt like 8 and working 8hrs felt like working 16. A lot of times I didn't have enough time to finish in the alotted time and went over but just logged in whatever hours I was told to work to avoid getting in trouble and getting bitched at by the sales reps to work faster. So any extra time I wasn't getting paid for. I was desperate for work so I just bit the bullet. It was so depressing doing all that work and to see that measly paycheck every 2 wks.

Its a thankless job. The sales reps get all the credit for the work you do. All they do is walk each store, trying to look important, with a computer and punch in the orders. They are the immediate day to day boss for the merch's who assign your workload. We do all the labor.
Like I said its darn near impossible to move up in the company. I met part timers who were working 5+ yrs and still waiting to move up to full time. Its so crazy its like full timers are looked as if they are presidents or ceo's to part timers. Its a joke.

I was able to find a similar full time job with benefits in the hardware industry a couple months later with better pay and less workload, and no BS strict "process". We only have to service one store per day and I usually have one or two co workers with me. Thank God!!!

Bottom line is stay away from this company unless you are truly desperate for work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.