What's the company culture at Kraft Foods?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (23)

Host

Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Kraft Foods?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

What is a typical day in the life of an employee at Kraft Foods?

Reply - Report abuse

A disgruntled Kraft Employee in Danbury, Connecticut

80 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Kraft Foods?

Are people dressed in business casual, jeans and t-shirts, or full-on suits? Do folks get together for Friday happy hours and friendly get-togethers?

Kiss some behind is an understatement. It's not what you know - it's who you know. If you are a "diversity" candidate (ie: black, hispanis or a woman) your in - if your a white male - your out! I survived 2 layoffs in Tarrytown only to be let go because they figured they could get 2 college grads for what they were paying me. Forget the fact that I averaged 7 patents a year for them. Forget the fact that they sent me all over the world to fix issues that could not be taken care of in house. The almighty dollar is the bottom line and either you are a part of the team - or your out by yourself. Albert Einstein would not have lasted 2 weeks there because he would not be allowed to use his expertise. Add that to the fact that they let me go 2 months before I would have gotten vested in the pension fund (more $$$ issues) - I think you can see a pattern here. Want a better company to work for - Go to Nestle or Pepsi. Stay away from Coca-Cola as in that environment, if you are not working 100 hours a week - you just arent trying hard enough! Do as I say - not as I do is Krafts motto. If you are not a touchy feely person (or gay or a diversity candidate) stay away. If your a weirdo, robotoid who likes to work with lazy people who give you unrealistic expectations that can't be met - then Kraft is the place for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (72) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Another pissed off Kraft employee in San Antonio, Texas

80 months ago

WELL SAID! It's about time the true nature of Kraft Foods was exposed. There are so many better companies to work for. A good starting point is Fortune Magazines "100 Best Companies to Work For" report, published annually. I guarantee you will never see Kraft Foods on that list, EVER.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Angela Jones 69 in Maple Grove, Minnesota

75 months ago

so in other words, i should not even bother to apply here? these are the reasons i am looking to leave cintas...one dirty company to the next...how dissappointing!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Marie Baltic in Chicago, Illinois

72 months ago

Kraft will bring you in with smiles and glowing career "carrots" dangling before you. But you'd better be ready to say goodbye to your family and anything you want to do personally. They will opening tell you that 60 hours a weeks isn't enough. And if you have a vacation and they reschedule their "forecasts"...better be ready to reschedule the vacation or just not go on it. I know someone who had over 20 days a year of vacation but couldn't find time to use it and they wanted to jip him out of it at year end. It is NOT a nice place.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

ChrisPW in South Carolina

71 months ago

I work for Kraft and have been here for 6 years. I love it. The people are great unless you are lazy then its not the job for you. The benefits are great. The only thing that I dont like about the company is the raises. I do think the raises should be higher. Tey have been increasing the bonus structure. GREAT company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (24) Reply - Report abuse

Krafty in Redmond, Oregon

37 months ago

ChrisPW in South Carolina said: I work for Kraft and have been here for 6 years. I love it. The people are great unless you are lazy then its not the job for you. The benefits are great. The only thing that I dont like about the company is the raises. I do think the raises should be higher. Tey have been increasing the bonus structure. GREAT company.

It is interesting to note what is considered "great benefits". I have worked for several other manufacturing companys and I will say that Kraft's benefit package is sub par. The "health insurance" is not much more than catastrophic health issue coverage. The total deductible for my family of 3 is $6,000 before our permitted insurance company(Aetna) pays one penny. That is just plain insulting. Health insurance...It's quite laughable

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Deeznutzrock in Temecula, California

36 months ago

Host said: Every business has it's own style. What is the office environment and culture like at Kraft Foods?

You wanted to know about the enviroment over at Kraft Foods. I'm going to give it to you straight, <b>IT SUCKS!</b> And thats coming from an 20+ year employee. I was hired into the comany when it was owned by RJR, and it was called RJR Nabisco. That's when the company was at its peak. Once Kraft came in, and started making changes everything went down hill from there. They have multiple layers of management, they cut corners every chance they get, but they tell you to work harder, longer, and for less money! Whenever Kraft wants to eliminate cost, that means YOU! They have closed down countless facilities since they have taken over Nabisco, THAT's ALL THEY DO!!! Kraft is an extremely horrible company to work for, and if I didn't have a family with 20+ years invested I would have been gone a long time ago. Take it from someone who's been there to long already, Do not come to Kraft...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mickeyds36 in Colorado Springs, Colorado

35 months ago

What is Krafts PTO policy. I have a friend who worked there for 15 and left the company in April. You would think that after 15 years PTO is no longer earned it is just a given that as of January 1st you have so many days. That was not the case.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

no one in Rochester, New York

34 months ago

Krafty in Redmond, Oregon said: It is interesting to note what is considered "great benefits". I have worked for several other manufacturing companys and I will say that Kraft's benefit package is sub par. The "health insurance" is not much more than catastrophic health issue coverage. The total deductible for my family of 3 is $6,000 before our permitted insurance company(Aetna) pays one penny. That is just plain insulting. Health insurance...It's quite laughable

I agree with this..many of the sales reps mention to me how "horrible" the health benefits are. Most go under their spouses when able.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

no one in Rochester, New York

34 months ago

Anonymous in Elk Grove Village, Illinois said: Get ready to kiss some behind. Unless you know who, they don't care you know what. And, leave your prior experience at the front door, as they are known for resetting the clock. Merit increases start at 1%. good health benefits you will get for eating all that junk!!!! Get ready for facetime.

Haha, I got a .01% raise one year, with a good review. Tell me about it. Five years with the company and I get a .01 for my efforts. obviously, they don't care about their people (on the sales side anyway, anyone with a desk job gloats how great it is) so I don't care about them. Bye Bye Kraft. Stop treating your people like freaking robots.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MichelleM70 in Mesa, Arizona

32 months ago

I am not worried about anyone from Kraft seeing this. I was a sales rep. I started out as a sales associate. My training was okay, more then others but still sub par at best (coming from the training world, honestly it sucked!) The placed GPS systems on all sales reps and we were given chinese overtime for any overtime. We were expected to stay out in the field for 40 hours and then gt all of our administrative time done in five hours, which included transmitting our orders, planning our next day, sending our merchandiser their schedule (approved only by management of course), and preparing sales charts and presentations for each of our clients. If we went over this 5 hours because of a sales call we had to take from a client and went back out to the field to service the client were caught hell for it. Did I mention the GPS system that tracked our every move and where we were. If we stood in one spot too long it would notify them (god forbid you have to go number 2 - probably should have clocked out to do that.) Additionaly, with that said, they still had the nerve to call us exempt employees but we were paid salaried plus ot. The ot reduced the more hours you worked in the field. When I was diagnosed with Fibromyalsia, i was told by the HR Manager that if I could not meet the minimum job requirements, "I - since I was former HR- knew what would happen." Did he seriously threaten my job, yes he did. We had a witch of a boss and when the team said anything we were turned into the bad seeds, not her. Our team was falling apart infront of them and all they did was protect her. She also said she got hurt on the job with me. First it was a hernia, then it was her back. Actually her back is a degenetive issue and runs in the family. She didn't get hurt I was there, she was milking it. They never asked me what happend. This woman should be fired for fraud. Now I hear they are auditing where everyone goes to make sure people are reporting their GPS correctly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Son-In-Law of a CrappedOn Kraft Employee in Schofield, Wisconsin

30 months ago

My mother in law has been working for Kraft Foods for the last 10 years or so. In that time she has suffered from sexual discrimination, age discrimination, and having their "Human Resources" department try to force her out by putting her into jobs where she was paid less (Class A/Lowest Pay Grade) knowing she needed the money.

There have been times where she has had young boys hired into positions she's applying for specifically so she doesn't get the better paying position. Even though they go on a seniority system, it is consistently bypassed by having supervisors write-up those women that are applying so that they automatically are disqualified. For example, my mother in law worked 2nd shift, and the gentleman that worked 1st shift that day did not code over a dozen pallets of product correctly. My mother in law started her shift, and didn't catch the error until she had 3 pallets of prodoct coded incorrectly. She was written up, the 1st shift gentleman was not, and boasted about it. Because of that write up, she was disqualified from any positions she had applied for.

Kraft is an extremely volatile place for a woman to work on the factory floor. Then men are not made to stop, and it seems to be encouraged. Maybe it might be different in the office, but the women in the office didn't even treat any of the women on the floor any better when it came to situations like these. Many of the women even tried to get a sexual discrimination suit started, but many were then scared out of doing it, or forced into retirement.

Kraft is evil.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

B...1967 in Houston, Texas

24 months ago

I WAS HIRED BYE KRAFT FOODS IN HOUSTON 1/12 WAS TOLD PART TIME GETS RITE AT 40 HRS WEEK NO BENIFITS TILL HIRED FULL TIME..WAS WORKING AND GETING 30-40+ HRS WEEK TIIL FEB/12 THEN WAS TOLD WORK WOULD BE SLOW TILL MAR/12 THEN THEY HIRED 2 MORE EMPLOYEES ONE IS A FRIEND OF A FRIEND TO THE BOSS....IV HAVE BEEN GETING 1 DAY A WEEK FOR SIX WEEKS IM 45 THEY ARE IN THERE 20S THERE GETING 40+ HRS EVERY WEEK....IM STILL GETING8-10HRS A WEEK.....SEEMS LIKE WORK IS GOOD FOR EVERY ONE BUT ME......CAN YOU SAY................DISCREMANATION.............THEY WILL HAVE A GOOD TIME EXSPLANING THIS IN COURT........

sierra mist in Rochester, New York

24 months ago

I'm a current Kraft employee and I'm in my early 20's and I don't get 40 hours a week. Not even close! In fact, my hours just got cut! I've been working here for 2+ years, working a full time schedule and they still have not promoted me to full time so I get NO benefits, NO vacation time, NO holiday, NOTHING. Even though I am technically full time. They keep telling me "oh it's not in the budget to make you full time right now". They've been telling me that for two years!!! Yet they keep hiring more and more part time people. Sorry but if you're being discriminated against then so am I! And to top it all off, everyone's jobs are now being threatened because our new district manager said she's going to fire anyone and everyone who has ANY out of stocks this weekend! This company sucks and truly should be exposed for how horrible they are! DO NOT WORK HERE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

B...1967 in Houston, Texas

24 months ago

sierra mist in Rochester, New York said: I'm a current Kraft employee and I'm in my early 20's and I don't get 40 hours a week. Not even close! In fact, my hours just got cut! I've been working here for 2+ years, working a full time schedule and they still have not promoted me to full time so I get NO benefits, NO vacation time, NO holiday, NOTHING. Even though I am technically full time. They keep telling me "oh it's not in the budget to make you full time right now". They've been telling me that for two years!!! Yet they keep hiring more and more part time people. Sorry but if you're being discriminated against then so am I! And to top it all off, everyone's jobs are now being threatened because our new district manager said she's going to fire anyone and everyone who has ANY out of stocks this weekend! This company sucks and truly should be exposed for how horrible they are! DO NOT WORK HERE!

talk to a employment lawyer......dont cost nothing to talk.....

cdm- in Rockford, Illinois

15 months ago

I worked at their facility in Madison for a number of years until about the middle of the past decade and I can confirm that every one of these comments is correct.

I went some place else because of the maltreatment and the hypocrisy of mgmt and HR, which is indeed very bad on both the office and factory sides.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

15 months ago

Oh and by the way, they bend their references policy for people they hate -- a 3-minute-plus circa 2000 audiotape of the current hr meister doing so circulates in certain legal circles and some places in the semi-underground of the region.

15 months ago

B...1967 in Houston, Texas said: talk to a employment lawyer......dont cost nothing to talk.....

...and most places the employment lawyers have a serious h.o. for suing them, for ethical reasons, that it will be their big score, sometimes both. their legal machine is notoriously wicked, but I know of cases that both the lawyers and media would love if they would have been filed...

4yrs and out in Iowa

14 months ago

ALL of the negative comments are %100 TRUE!!! I have been with Kraft/Nabisco and now Mondelez for 4 years. They consistantly hire 4 or 5 part time employees instead of hiring one good employee so they dont have to pay you for full time but then have no problem letting you work your tail off for 39.99 hours with the occaisional 10 hour week to smack you in the face and remind you they dont care about you. I am not racist or sexist but i will tell you at this point in time if you are a white male you will not be moving up anytime soon! They will hire an "divsere" employee off the street to work above you just to look like they are diverse not caring about who is the best for the job or your time with the Company. Upper management is this company are some of the greediest people around. They get rich while you carry the actual sales and day to day business of the company. They often have you lie (make up upcoming shortages on product so a store will buy a pallet or 2) so a sales number can be hit before end of month or end of quarter. This gets the management above you big bonuses while you deal with the unhappy customer.

Lets talk about their joke of a mileage compensation for those that have to use your own car. This should be illegal! Its been .42 cents a mile for as long as anyone on my team can remember! 10years at least even tho gas is always over $3.00 a gallon....not to bad you say??? Ya, except for the first 25 miles of your gas/time/wear and tear, are on you! It is also paid out from first stop to last stop! Iif u start an hour away and end an hour away from home you could easily be paid for 20 miles when you actually drove 120! I have had this happen to me weekly except I dont allow it because its unfair so I forced my RM to give me a store to end on close to home! Most of the time they will not allow this and now say they will not! Just think , you could possibly net a loss or a push in your pocket for 4hrs of work!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

4yrs and out in Iowa

14 months ago

no done yet haha...What finally did it for me was watching good employees get sub-par reviews just so the company wouldnt have to give them a yearly whopping 2% to 3% raise ! A few of us had tried for months to get a straight answer on what our raise would be this year only to get no replies or no answer. I had a possitifve or "achieved" review and was not looking at a raise this year !

All in all since I had worked here they have constantly and consistantly took away benefits, pay, and mileage pay actually got worse!! ALl the while expectations grew and grew!

IF YOU READ NOTHING ELSE HERE READ THIS!!!! DO NOT WORK FOR THIS POORLY MANAGED GREEDY COMPANY!!! YOU WILL HATE IT!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

never again in Many, Louisiana

9 months ago

My family has worked for kraft for many years. I started for my grandmother 15years ago. When i was offered my own position 12/11, i jumped on it, why not they were very good to my grandmother. Wrong!!! This is a horrible company to work for, my grandmother. Is turning in her grave, im sure of it. All of the previos comment are right on target. Kraft has done so many illegal things as far as im concerned, im talkinwith a lawyer. And i hope many other people are too!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

never again in Many, Louisiana

9 months ago

mickeyds36 in Colorado Springs, Colorado said: What is Krafts PTO policy. I have a friend who worked there for 15 and left the company in April. You would think that after 15 years PTO is no longer earned it is just a given that as of January 1st you have so many days. That was not the case.

Did u ever get answer to this. I was discharged July 9th, they are tryin to not pay for my pto.......i dont think they can legally do this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.