Kroger News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does Kroger stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

l. stewart in Farmington, Michigan

85 months ago

I think krogers should have not picked Farmer Jack managers to run and manage their stores.What are they thinking?Why pick managers who's company has failed.They should have picked them all to be co's first.Most of these F&J managers are not skilled in Key Retailing or Green at all. They are trying to run their store's the F&J way.Krogers has made a big mistake.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bobcat in La Center, Kentucky

76 months ago

l. stewart in Farmington, Michigan said: I think krogers should have not picked Farmer Jack managers to run and manage their stores.What are they thinking?Why pick managers who's company has failed.They should have picked them all to be co's first.Most of these F&J managers are not skilled in Key Retailing or Green at all. They are trying to run their store's the F&J way.Krogers has made a big mistake.

I agree, they should be hired in as co managers to get a feel for the company and its ways

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Faith44 in Peoria, Illinois

62 months ago

I was wrongfully fired, along with many others because they wanted to move people from "fluff" positions back into the stores where they would be productive to the company. Those who were there the least amount of time were let go for some of the most insane reasons. They tried to keep everyone from getting unemployment. Some didn't fight because they thought they couldn't get it, but I knew better and fought, then encouraged the others to go back and fight. There are good people in the company, but unfortunately I was in an area with a poor district manager.

Kroger Pissant in Centralia, Washington

60 months ago

Faith44 in Peoria, Illinois said: I was wrongfully fired, along with many others because they wanted to move people from "fluff" positions back into the stores where they would be productive to the company. Those who were there the least amount of time were let go for some of the most insane reasons. They tried to keep everyone from getting unemployment. Some didn't fight because they thought they couldn't get it, but I knew better and fought, then encouraged the others to go back and fight. There are good people in the company, but unfortunately I was in an area with a poor district manager.

I understand that one. I worked in a warehouse where we were timed in the work. Other areas, I made great time and got the job done efficiently. But, they kept putting me in an area where I struggled and couldn't make my time....therefore was let go. They tried saying that I refused to do my job so I couldn't get unemployment....but it didn't work. I'm still looking for work at the time being, but have a great account of unemployment that will get me through.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.