Kroger Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Kroger?

What do you like best about working at Kroger? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

constance clark in Nashville, Tennessee

91 months ago

what is the starting pay

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

lee in Katy, Texas

88 months ago

5.25 for baggers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Sue in Toledo, Ohio

85 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Kroger?

What do you like best about working at Kroger? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Cashier start at 6.85 an hour, with a 5 cent raise in 60 days. Not good for a union store. You work hard for little money. Even after a longtime, you can't live on their pay. No perks here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

crazeecatgrrl in Salem, Virginia

78 months ago

Sue in Toledo, Ohio said: Cashier start at 6.85 an hour, with a 5 cent raise in 60 days. Not good for a union store. You work hard for little money. Even after a longtime, you can't live on their pay. No perks here.

I worked there for a year (before the min. wage increase) and I only made $5.75 after the year. Started out at $5.50 and then it took 3 months to get a 10 cent raise and another 6 months to get to my ending pay. I fought with my manager to give me full time but when I got to about week 10 of the required 12 weeks they would screw me over with less than FT hours and refused to give me more. So a year after I quit, I was hired at another Kroger as full time, but they wouldn't schedule me enough hours and refused to adjust my pay for a year's experience. It was horrible. I've worked a year at another company now and they pay a lot more, plus I'm due for a promotion. I've been trained throughout the store whereas Kroger refused to take me off the front end. I don't recommend Kroger to anyone looking for a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

bobcat in La Center, Kentucky

77 months ago

TO answer: What are the average starting salaries for management?, it depends on experience but straight out of college @30 but this is not set in stone, it all depends on you and your experience and time with in retail, bonuses are evaluated every year and depend on job function and job level, travel requirements can and are flexible, they like for you to be open to anything, but will work with your needs and not send you to the other side of the world you just have to be open to them and tell them your needs

What do you like best about working at Kroger? With close to 2500 stores you can go anywhere and remain with the company

Depending on what area you are looking to live and work is where you will find the difference in starting pay and even experience pay. As a general rule for hourly employees if you worked in a union retail store you can get full credit for experience if you work in a non union retail store you can get 1/2 credit. Starting pay for a clerk with no experience part time is 6.15 with 10 cent to 20 cent raise every 6 months

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

nick taylor in Grove City, Ohio

76 months ago

lee in Katy, Texas said: 5.25 for baggers

ill take the job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

nick taylor in Grove City, Ohio

76 months ago

Sue in Toledo, Ohio said: Cashier start at 6.85 an hour, with a 5 cent raise in 60 days. Not good for a union store. You work hard for little money. Even after a longtime, you can't live on their pay. No perks here.

ill take it

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Ronald in Winder, Georgia

50 months ago

I need some specific info about Kroger's pay and benefits, for the southeast in particular. Here it is:
-What is a cashier's starting hourly pay?
-Do they make more depending on how long they work at a store? How much more and over what time period?
-How much vacation do they get per year?
-How many sick days per year?
-What PAID holidays do they get off?
-How much do they pay for insurance each month if only the employee receives coverage? For employee and spouse? For employee spouse and child?
-What do store managers and assistant managers make on average?
-Are their vacation days, sick days, and holiday benefits different from cashiers?
-Are their insurance benefits the same as cashiers?

This is for a study we're doing in school about local grocery stores. I know it's a lot of questions, but any info will help. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

boyscoutgirl in Rockford, Illinois

41 months ago

a cashier makes minimum wage
raises are ever 6 months until you hit the wage cap (ft/pt have different caps)
yes because you get raises every 6 months the longer you work the more you make
i think vacation is 1 week @ 1 yr, 2wks @ 2yrs, 3 wks @ 5 yrs, and 5 wks @ 10 yrs (you get paid you average hours/week and must take a full pay period week at a time)
no sick pay
no paid holidays off, just holiday pay if you work one after you've been there a year
no idea about insurance
hard to say what managers make when you consider bonuses, paid travel, etc. which vary base pay is fairly high though
yes they have many more benefits than cashiers, no they get better insurance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

mooff in Grand Junction, Colorado

9 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at Kroger?

I work in a non-union store in colorado. if you can find one store that is non-union, the pay is much much higher. starting wage for any associate in the store is $11.50 hr. Look for non-union, they can give you more hours and more pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.