Kwik Trip News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Host

What do you think - will Kwik Trip grow fast? Are they expanding their staff? How does Kwik Trip stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

railroaded employee

72 months ago

Kwik trip is a joke,since the owners kids took over the district managers are illegally firing long term employees and replacing them with under paid replacements,they got rid of the good registers and credit equipment,which is cheaper,inferior, and just plain junk,there to cheap to get the check readers that actually tell you if there is money in the account,instead it only covers if bad checks were written to a kwik trip location making them an easy target,and they lose a ton of money to bad checks,as well as lost customers from firing a neighborhood fixture,people want to see there regular guy behind the counter,for product advice,not an untrained company tool,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Never again KS in Cedar Falls, Iowa

63 months ago

My store leader retaliated against me for going over her head. We were in a focus day and the zone leader suggested putting flyers on the gas pumps to stir up business, so I did that. When I came in and the store leader found out, she screamed at me, "My ideas were ghetto, I was ghetto, and she was going to make sure I did not turn her store into a ghetto!!!!" She ran out of the store and started ripping the flyers off the gas pumps. I felt that this was harrassment, so I went to the certified assistant store leader and reported it, he said he would take care of it. The next five times I asked off for my vacation I was denied, and this was the summertime. But in the wintertime when I asked for 7 days of vacation, she gave me twelve, to make up for the five I had asked for during the summer. Excuse me, but who would want that much time off in the wintertime?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

railroaded employee

63 months ago

Never again KS in Cedar Falls, Iowa said: My store leader retaliated against me for going over her head. We were in a focus day and the zone leader suggested putting flyers on the gas pumps to stir up business, so I did that. When I came in and the store leader found out, she screamed at me, "My ideas were ghetto, I was ghetto, and she was going to make sure I did not turn her store into a ghetto!!!!" She ran out of the store and started ripping the flyers off the gas pumps. I felt that this was harrassment, so I went to the certified assistant store leader and reported it, he said he would take care of it. The next five times I asked off for my vacation I was denied, and this was the summertime. But in the wintertime when I asked for 7 days of vacation, she gave me twelve, to make up for the five I had asked for during the summer. Excuse me, but who would want that much time off in the wintertime?[/QUOT Sounds like kwik trip to me,I'm currently filling a wrongful termination lawsuit for being terminated for asking about unpaid breaks,I was with the company for 3 years many 9 hour shifts worked,and never received a break,or paid for not taking a break,I asked my store leader about the labor laws and unpaid breaks and was terminated less than 48 hours later after she spoke with mike vold.That is illegal on the state and federal level,so I think there kinda screwed,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Refuse To Act Like Them! in Warrenville, Illinois

59 months ago

Kwik Trip is a company like none I have ever worked for before. It is controlled by superiors that conduct themselves in a manner that is unprofessional and illegal. They will embrace each other to ensure that any employee who is not willing to follow there way of conduct will be terminated and then will fight to the death to ensure that the employee does not receive unemployment to include statements that are not factual and to ensure that the employee presents themselves as a liar and a waste of time to the Administrative Law Judge. One day, they will meet their match, and that day may be mine soon. I refuse to allow a company to ruin my 22 year career resume. What goes around comes around.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

railroaded employee

59 months ago

Same thing happened to me,hopefully they get what is coming to them,They actually added two write up forms unsigned by me the day before I finally got my unemployment hearing.I was approved after waiting 3 months.I hope you got or will get your unemployment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Refuse To Act Like Them! in Hebron, Indiana

59 months ago

railroaded employee said: Same thing happened to me,hopefully they get what is coming to them,They actually added two write up forms unsigned by me the day before I finally got my unemployment hearing.I was approved after waiting 3 months.I hope you got or will get your unemployment.

I have won my unemployment 2 times now. Kwik Trip is in the final appeal as well as in the middle of a discrimination case against them. I fortunately am not on of their statistics that would just go away after a wrongful termination and had the funds to hire an attorney as well as had the capability to download from their own security system the abuse I endured. People Orientated? No way... This company is ran by robots, not people.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John Doe in La Crosse, Wisconsin

1 month ago

railroaded employee said: Kwik trip is a joke,since the owners kids took over the district managers are illegally firing long term employees and replacing them with under paid replacements,they got rid of the good registers and credit equipment,which is cheaper,inferior, and just plain junk,there to cheap to get the check readers that actually tell you if there is money in the account ,instead it only covers if bad checks were written to a kwik trip location making them an easy target,and they lose a ton of money to bad checks,as well as lost customers from firing a neighborhood fixture,people want to see there regular guy behind the counter,for product advice,not an untrained company tool,

It's still a joke, and they still commit illegal acts. From DOT violation, overtime violations, and other employee related violations. They are the Walmart of gas stations, and it's nothing short of slavery. They believe the bonus they give at the end of the year makes up for all the time you loose with your family, forced overtime, taking off days away, they will be exposed for the criminals they are.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

1 month ago

It's always vacation denials and they force people to come in on days off, from store employees to drivers. You have no life, they are unethical and will be exposed.

1 month ago

Lot's of racist employed there, they will be exposed.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.