Getting Noticed by L-3 and simular companies!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Naval Slave in Corpus Christi, Texas

83 months ago

How many of you are tired of companies posting jobs online, and not being urgent about taking them off if the position is no longer open? It makes me wonder if they can deliver what they preach about in job "requirements". They look for candidates that have this and have that, yet a human resource worker cant even do their job! BAE Systems have a bad habit of posting jobs on 20+ websites and say "fk it, we already filled the job, so we dont care who see's it". I would like to work for Raytheon, BAE or L-3 but dread this happening to me!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

M in Hampton, Virginia

78 months ago

I applied at both L3 and BAE. Not a word yet. Seems like these large contractors have tons of jobs open that they never fill. They make you take two hours to fill out every little detail, yet you never hear a word from them, and the job still sits open online for months. I don't get their mentality.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jadedea in Glendale, Arizona

77 months ago

M in Hampton, Virginia said: I applied at both L3 and BAE. Not a word yet. Seems like these large contractors have tons of jobs open that they never fill. They make you take two hours to fill out every little detail, yet you never hear a word from them, and the job still sits open online for months. I don't get their mentality.

me and you are on the same boat lol

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tamara Bertolini in Hopewell Junction, New York

74 months ago

I have done the same. Wasn't sure if it was the same job open, or that the person they hired didn't work out, so the job was posted again. I don't know whether it is worth going through the whole application thing again, if you don't even recieve a note saying they have your resume and application, and will let you know if you are a match.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tmak in Orange, California

73 months ago

I finally have an interview this week for a job that has been posted since 8/20. I submitted my resume 9/4. I filled out the online app but I also dropped off my resume in person and got a business card for the HR rep and have called that person weekly to check the status of the position. It was about 3 weeks before they decided I was a candidate. I had a phone interview 2 1/2 weeks ago and have an in person interview this week. The hr rep has been pretty upfront from the beginning in letting me know that the hiring manager has been pretty slow as far as working on filling the position. Also, even though I applied online they do not have my resume from that for some reason and it was my hard copy resume that got handed off to the hiring manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ok45680 in Ashland, Kentucky

65 months ago

If I don't hear back from a prospective employer within about 10 days I call them and speak to HR about my application and to see if the position has already been filled. I also go directly to the company website to apply especially if it's one of the larger job boards. Unless I hear otherwise, I will follow up about every two weeks by phone. When I call, I'm always polite and ask if I can supply any additional information. Several times this has gotten me to an interview for being persistant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cparadis35 in Melbourne, Florida

6 months ago

I too find it discouraging that posted positions have been filled; and, no response from the company's HR...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.