L-3 Communications News and Happenings.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (20)

Host

What do you think -- is this company going to survive and thrive? Are they looking to expand their staff, or do you think layoffs are inevitable?

How does L-3 Communications stack up against the competition?

Reply - Report abuse

Youcan'tbeserious in Dayton, Ohio

89 months ago

This company is posting jobs that don't exist, they LOST their contract with the AFMC. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Don't know in Virginia Beach, Virginia

89 months ago

I didn't hear that they lost the contract but I do know that they are in trouble. Latest rumors out of the Hampton office (I have a friend that works there) is that they expect to close up shop there in Sept due to lack of work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

recruiter in Hampton, Virginia

89 months ago

Don't know in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: I didn't hear that they lost the contract but I do know that they are in trouble. Latest rumors out of the Hampton office (I have a friend that works there) is that they expect to close up shop there in Sept due to lack of work.

I am a recruiter for a division of L-3. There are around 95 separate entities that are run like individual businesses all under the L-3 umbrella. Look at stock, look at stats; you will see we are a solid fortune 200 company.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

L-3 current employee in Arlington, Virginia

88 months ago

Be careful about your assumptions. The recruiter in Hampton, VA is correct. Each of the approximate 95 entities works under the L-3 Communications corporate guidance, but each has the ability to make it's own business decisions. Within each one, contracts are WON, contracts expire, contracts are recompeted, etc. but you can't judge the entire corporation on one Division's successes or failures. L-3 Com is a strong and expanding corporation.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Neisha in Miami, Florida

88 months ago

recruiter in Hampton, Virginia said: I am a recruiter for a division of L-3. There are around 95 separate entities that are run like individual businesses all under the L-3 umbrella. Look at stock, look at stats; you will see we are a solid fortune 200 company.

Do you know of any openings for any logistics positions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chris in lexington, ky in Elgin, South Carolina

87 months ago

thay have many job posting on there web site for there kentucky lexington office. I am going for an electronic tech II postion on 8/29/07

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Scared Of L-3 in Waterbury, Connecticut

87 months ago

L-3 (Titan Group) layed-off many people (senior management and workerbees) at MD Intel costumer without telling the customer it would happen. They burned bridges with their employees and the customer. I was looking to move to L-3 from Grumman and decided to look elsewhere. I am at a senior level and spoke to many ex-employees who convinced me to stay at Grumman even if not happy. Turnover is higher than Lockheed Martin according to the rumor mill - and that's very high.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rudy in Brooklyn, New York

87 months ago

My friend was one of those laid off. All of a sudden many lost jobs on a Friday afternoon. Not a happy camper after 8 years with Titan. The customer is said to be livid because they had no idea. One Monday people just did not show to work. I went from Lockheed to the private sector and with the administration change in 2008 I am happy I made. All these companies appear to be the same so be careful before you leap.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dave NoComment in Hampton, Virginia

82 months ago

I concur that L-3 has multiple entities of mini-companies if you will under the big umbrella, and if one contract is lost, it does not mean all the cookies crumble within all the companies.

However, L-3's recent five year or younger purchases within the peninsula of Virginia, have not been in the best interest of the group. I understand that their operations facility in Newport News has been gut wrenching, as they cannot seem to secure proper leadership or keep their Navy contracts. They have been losing personnel like flys at this particular facility for the past 4 years and counting.

However, look at their facilities in Greenville, Waco, Lexington, Jackson Mississippi, Arlington, and Reston....operations here are exploding, as is the job market trying to keep up with the contracts won by each of these facilities.

L-3 Stocks have grown over the course of the past six months, and though they seem to ebb and flo with their management team, and have issues with some of their contracts in 10 facilities or less, I would not be counting them out of the races as of yet. I believe we will see Bigger and Better Plays coming from this Fortune 100 company for the CY 2008.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

AF in Yorktown, Virginia

81 months ago

Does anyone know the name/email address for the L3 recruiter in Hampton VA?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MSDC in Washington, District of Columbia

80 months ago

Does anyone know someone who has worked in a military base in Iraq for L-3 as a translator and what is their experience?

pixma in Woodbridge, Virginia

79 months ago

I don't know where this information is coming from, but take it from someone who knows first hand,things are definately falling apart in Reston and layoffs have already started.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Checking Out L3 in San Diego, California

76 months ago

Does anyone know anything about the San Diego operations for L3. I've been invited in for an interview and would like to know the real deal? I don't see a statement on diversity anywhere on the L3 website. Are practices fair and ethical?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jadedea in Glendale, Arizona

76 months ago

Dave NoComment in Hampton, Virginia said: I concur that L-3 has multiple entities of mini-companies if you will under the big umbrella, and if one contract is lost, it does not mean all the cookies crumble within all the companies.

However, L-3's recent five year or younger purchases within the peninsula of Virginia, have not been in the best interest of the group. I understand that their operations facility in Newport News has been gut wrenching, as they cannot seem to secure proper leadership or keep their Navy contracts. They have been losing personnel like flys at this particular facility for the past 4 years and counting.

However, look at their facilities in Greenville, Waco, Lexington, Jackson Mississippi, Arlington, and Reston....operations here are exploding, as is the job market trying to keep up with the contracts won by each of these facilities.

L-3 Stocks have grown over the course of the past six months, and though they seem to ebb and flo with their management team, and have issues with some of their contracts in 10 facilities or less, I would not be counting them out of the races as of yet. I believe we will see Bigger and Better Plays coming from this Fortune 100 company for the CY 2008.

Well if they need an IT with 8 years experience and a TS/SCI + CCNA in Arlington email me crystal_watson_it@yahoo.com

need to know about L-3 (San Diego) in Columbus, Indiana

75 months ago

Checking Out L3 in San Diego, California said: Does anyone know anything about the San Diego operations for L3. I've been invited in for an interview and would like to know the real deal? I don't see a statement on diversity anywhere on the L3 website. Are practices fair and ethical?

How was your interview at L-3 at San Diego? Could you please share the exp with us?

Thanks

Job Hunting in San Diego, California

75 months ago

need to know about L-3 (San Diego) in Columbus, Indiana said: How was your interview at L-3 at San Diego? Could you please share the exp with us?

Thanks

They are looking to keep the status quo with their leadership in engineering. If you are a white male, then you'll be more favorably considered than anyone else. They have a statement about values and diversity but its not exactly in practice there. Its a man's environment there and their behavior suggests they would like to keep it that way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

need to know about L-3 (San Diego) in Columbus, Indiana

75 months ago

Could anyone please explain the interview process at L-3 in San Diego?

MsKapiolani in Springfield, Virginia

69 months ago

I was told that L-3 has a few openings for language instructor positions in VA and MD. What's like to teach for L-3? Do they pay instructors well? Does anyone know anything about their operations in these two states?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Beekuz in Rochester, New York

38 months ago

Does anyone have any experience with L-3 Communications in Charleston, SC? I see some interesting job postings there for technical positions and was hoping to get some insight into the culture/ outlook.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.