How to get a job at L-3 Communications.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

Host

Do you work at L-3 Communications? How did you find the job? How did you get that first interview?

Any advice for someone trying to get in?

Reply - Report abuse

Israel in Tampa, Florida

92 months ago

How do you get your foot in the door at L-3....any suggestions?

I have over 10 years in the military ....and I am now working for a Government Contractor. Have secret clearance and top secret paperwork is being processed.

Thanks,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

TaylorR in Sarasota, Florida

91 months ago

I interviewed at L3. Their work day is 8AM to 6PM and all of the software developers are stuffed into a windowless room built inside of a factory. Inside this big room are a bunch of small cubicles. They took 2 hours of my life to interview me - which I think went well. Despite my having over 5 years of experience I was later told by HR that I was "under qualified".

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

GaryB in Dresher, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

I worked for a division in the Philly burbs. My in was the fact that the headhunter who got me the interview was the son of the HR manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl in Midvale, Utah

89 months ago

Israel in Tampa, Florida said: How do you get your foot in the door at L-3....any suggestions?

I have over 10 years in the military ....and I am now working for a Government Contractor. Have secret clearance and top secret paperwork is being processed.

Thanks,

Show off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

ledzedmad in Enterprise, Alabama

76 months ago

I have a relative working for L-3. They interviewed for position in January and was called to work in May, but the employer understood they had taken a long time and gave this person enough time to turn in significant resignation notice. They informed said person that salary and benefits would be pleasing and they'd receive a package over next few days with that information and acceptance letter. To also remember that benefits were paid at 100%. Well, had the insurance premiums been realistic - the pay would be excellent; however for this person and their family to have the cheapest insurance package available -- its over $923.00 a month in premiums PLUS copays and deductibles! So, the pay went from $23 to $17 an hour after compensating for benefits.....Dress code is business casual. They have three shifts that are all rotation. You work for 4 months on one shift then change, etc. You get one 30 min break to eat. No cafeteria. You can't take any time off from work the first year either -- if you can afford to take time off without pay you don't need the job is their philosophy. Hope that helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ledzedmad in Enterprise, Alabama

76 months ago

P.S.....in addition, you must have a clear background, no criminal charges, pass urine and blood tests (be drug free including prescriptions) and be able to obtain a federal security clearance. They also hire ex-military before straight civs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Times Up in Huntsville, Alabama

23 months ago

If you have a pulse, they will hire you in Columbus Ms. They just won a major contract and are weeding out alot of thier exempt employees. Older workers are retiring at a rapid rate. Now is the time to take advantage of the high turnover.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Alexandria, Virginia

17 months ago

Times Up in Huntsville, Alabama said: If you have a pulse, they will hire you in Columbus Ms. They just won a major contract and are weeding out alot of thier exempt employees. Older workers are retiring at a rapid rate. Now is the time to take advantage of the high turnover.

Hey, I appreciate the info. My pop's an avaiation mech. transitioning into the supervisual side of operations. He's 21 year airforce veteran, expert mechanic, and outstanding leader. If I may inquire, what are their plans with the contract bid in Mississippi? You think they'll get it from Dyncorp? Do they typically keep Mgmt. during their transitions? Any nuggets you can throw out there would be helpful. Thanks for reading, -Mike

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

tateone5@yahoo.com in Milton, Florida

8 months ago

I tried many times to get on with l3, for the last 7+yrs I had one interview. Were I work I see l3 employees come in all the time and talk to them about the position out there some say it is not what you know but who you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.