LA Fitness Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

steve steven in Los Angeles, California

79 months ago

Do not become a Sales Counselor for LA Fitness! I was told in the interview that it is easy to get someone to come into the gym for a tour(High Pressure Sales Technique)and that every other person will buy a membership. I ended up standing in front of grocery stores annoying people that were in a hurry to get groceries and get home. A few times a day someone would promise to come in to see the gym but they would never show. When you do finally start making sales, you do not earn the commission unless it is a larger amount then the hourly pay(minimum wage). If you earn the commission, you do not earn your hourly pay for that pay period. The best sales counselor that I heard of was making about $9.75 and hour. You are required to use your own vehicle so he only ended up making about $7.50 an hour. They do not reimburse for gas nor do they give a vehicle allowance. If you are able to stick around long enough to get promoted, you will start making about 40-45k. The downside to that is you will be sitting in a gym for 55-60 hours a week. I would rather sit at a cubicle because at least I would have work to keep myself occupied. The managers at all levels will come right out and tell you to lie . They tell you to click the mouse button often so it looks like you are doing alot of important things and searching for a better deal. They tell you to sneek other fees and services into a membership that the person doesn't even need. We were told to include a day care fee in the membership even though we did not have one! In the county that I worked, there was a no soliciting law and my boss new about it. I almost got arrested three times and all he said was try to avoid that from happening again!
Pay is-5 Minimum wage and using your own vehicle.
Location is 3 There are a good amount of them.(In California: none back home in NY)
Co-Worker Competence is -4 They hire anyone willing to work, most are fired or quite very soon

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (160) / No (59) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.