Can you trust Labcorp's Test Results??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Honeydew in Graham, North Carolina

86 months ago

I work in the same building that does your testing. They don't know they butt from a hole in the ground. That department is so backwards it is sad. It is a constant mix up in that department. If you could get testing done elsewhere I would try. Or have them send several samples to see if you get the same results. I tell ya this department is not that bright. Good luck to you!
Honeydew

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sheri -Patient of doctor in NC who uses in Knightdale, North Carolina

86 months ago

Thanks so much for the feedback! I decided to send the slides to Maize Dermatopathology for a second opinion and I'm still awaiting results. They told me Jan Hessling was the supervisor of the dept at Labcorp that did the original labs. I researched her and she does not appear to be a Dermatolpathologist but rather a Hematopathologist. Rushed and uninformed testing could cause them to recommend surgery that isn't needed just to be on the safe side( so as not to miss anything). Wow! This is not good either! Sounds like an incompetent mess. I wonder how many patients are having unnecessary surgery because of Labcorp's mistakes! I've already had one surgery! Also, I wonder what the relationship is like between Labcorp and the doctors? ( kickbacks??) Do you know anything about Jan Hessling and the Derm Path dept. and how they operate?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Honeydew in Graham, North Carolina

86 months ago

I have heard the name. In our building the supervisors usually keep to their selves. If you are not spoken you you don't speak. They are snobby like that. That goes all the way up the ladder in our building. I wish you the best of luck I really do. I know the departments are always misplacing specimens. Even as far as once the patient is drawn the sample never getting to us. It is a shame. My husband had a blood gas done and they lost that. That hurts too. So I don't trust them. I only get work done there because employees get testing done free. Best of luck to you hon!
Honeydew~

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sheri -Patient of doctor in NC who uses in Knightdale, North Carolina

85 months ago

Honeydew in Graham, North Carolina said: I have heard the name. In our building the supervisors usually keep to their selves. If you are not spoken you you don't speak. They are snobby like that. That goes all the way up the ladder in our building. I wish you the best of luck I really do. I know the departments are always misplacing specimens. Even as far as once the patient is drawn the sample never getting to us. It is a shame. My husband had a blood gas done and they lost that. That hurts too. So I don't trust them. I only get work done there because employees get testing done free. Best of luck to you hon!
Honeydew~

Thanks for your info and insight. I had Maize Dermatopathology review the slides Labcorp had reviewed and processed and Maize came up with VERY different results. 3 out of 4 DID NOT need surgery and I must say the report was much more detailed and informative. I was very impressed with Maize. I will no longer go to the Dermatologist who uses Labcorp. Whether the doctor is good or not, he is only as accurate as the lab results he gets!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

85 months ago

Guide

Thank you for doing an update. After reading all the horrific posts about this company,we can't help but to be left wondering just how accurate are their results. I hope you report your experience to the right clinical authorities. Some lab's supervisors need to be reviewed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.