Don't you notice Labcorp is always hiring?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 61)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Marilyn in San Diego, California

90 months ago

Don't you notice Labcorp is always hiring? That's because the data entry job position they have is really crappy. Believe me I worked with this company and they really suck. The supervisors are nothing but mean individuals and they don't treat you like a real person. They expect to much from you and you can't even talk to your neighbors. [names removed] are the supervisors in that department and I don't think you guys will get along with them! They are mean!!!!!! And fake. At first they are nice to you, but in reality they are backstabbers. I worked here for awhile and that's why I quit because they mistreat their employees. I swear to God. It's up to you if u wanna believe me or not, but believe me I worked for them and they are horrible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (110) / No (26) Reply - Report abuse

Michael Ladd in Franklin, Tennessee

90 months ago

In america we have lost are morals and values in people in company and all about me me me and wonder why america is in a mess in the corporate business world.

I got a job offer from lab corp and I am glad I declined. Sad we need money and sell our souls for a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa R.R

90 months ago

How come when they say they are hiring they only hire people in house. I have been here in boston. The fall river area for 1 year i have 3 years as a phlebotomist and good refernce. And there comment is we hire in house first.I am so tried of that bull from the hospitals and labs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

mariah in Pataskala, Ohio

90 months ago

I have applied and applied, they never hire me...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

mariah in Pataskala, Ohio

90 months ago

Grove City, Oh, NOT Pataskala

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Looking for work in Atlanta, Georgia

90 months ago

Michael Ladd said: In america we have lost are morals and values in people in company and all about me me me and wonder why america is in a mess in the corporate business world.
I got a job offer from lab corp and I am glad I declined. Sad we need money and sell our souls for a job.

Amen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Anthony in Jersey City, New Jersey

90 months ago

That is why we have to find something that we can do and be our own bosses. Maybe one day even have a business that provides jobs for others.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Plainfield, NJ in Plainfield, New Jersey

89 months ago

I never in my life work for a company who doesn't appreciate there employees like Labcorp especially the one in Raritan, NJ they want you to sit there and key your heart out, no conversation with others and they want to schedule your breaks and lunches. The money they pay us for night shift is a shame 3rd shift is suppose to make more than 10-12 an hour. when I work 2nd shift for [name removed] as a contractor I started with 16.00 an hour. Labcorp doesn't pay no money thats another reason thier always hiring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Un happy employee in Fort Worth, Texas

89 months ago

All of you are telling the truth, they work you like ******. Some of the supverisors are backstabbers, while other suck up to be acepted by their superiors. I have work at Labcorp almost 6 yrs, and the benefits suck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Dissatisfied in Cincinnati, OH in Lexington, Kentucky

89 months ago

mariah said: I have applied and applied, they never hire me...
you are probably lucky then!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

sam in Lexington, North Carolina

89 months ago

Marilyn said: Don't you notice Labcorp is always hiring? That's because the data entry job position they have is really crappy. Believe me I worked with this company and they really suck. The supervisors are nothing but mean individuals and they don't treat you like a real person. They expect to much from you and you can't even talk to your neighbors. [name removed and [name removed] are the supervisors in that department and I don't think you guys will get along with them! They are mean!!!!!! And fake. At first they are nice to you, but in reality they are backstabbers. I worked here for awhile and that's why I quit because they mistreat their employees. I swear to God. It's up to you if u wanna believe me or not, but believe me I worked for them and they are horrible.
since you can not hang you bad mouth the company... i love it here in san diego, out superv. are great...do a self assessment and see what you come up with...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

WHAT GOOD PAY??? in Freedom, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

clyde said: Has anyone that works or has worked at labcorp ever contacted HR because of a problem they have had? I work for labcorp now and the supervisors are mean and they don't listen to you and they don't care about you. I'm a courier. But the girls that do the data in put are treated like they are working in a sweat shop. The only thing I have found good about the job is the pay.

I'M NOT SURE WHERE YOU WORK, BUT THE PAY HERE IN PITTSBURGH SUCKS...THEY NEVER BRING ALL THE EMPLOYEES UP TO SCALE, BUT HIRE IN NEW ONES FOR MORE $$$

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

the Q in Newark, New Jersey

84 months ago

Plainfield, NJ in Plainfield, New Jersey said: I never in my life work for a company who doesn't appreciate there employees like Labcorp especially the one in Raritan, NJ they want you to sit there and key your heart out, no conversation with others and they want to schedule your breaks and lunches. The money they pay us for night shift is a shame 3rd shift is suppose to make more than 10-12 an hour. when I work 2nd shift for [name removed] as a contractor I started with 16.00 an hour. Labcorp doesn't pay no money thats another reason thier always hiring.

Yes your 100% right.They do make you sit there and as for as you open your mouth about anything,they stare you down,yet the group leaders can converse about their family problems and what not.They also made me train a person,who they hired for more money and gave my position as a senior operator ll and or group leader.That person,they gave 15.00 to at that time.I also was told to type in 550+,which I have always done,after they had done that to me.And on top of that they gave me a $ raise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gloria in Augusta, Georgia

84 months ago

mariah in Pataskala, Ohio said: I have applied and applied, they never hire me...

Same here, for about 1 1/2 years now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gloria in Augusta, Georgia

84 months ago

sam in Lexington, North Carolina said: since you can not hang you bad mouth the company... i love it here in san diego, out superv. are great...do a self assessment and see what you come up with...

I agree. Any job working in a lab, u r going to work your a** off. That is why u are there to work not play.LOL... When I was living in Staten Island NY working at Staten Island University Hospital, they work u like a dog in the lab, that is why I did'nt mind going to the floors to draw the blood and bringing it to the lab.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

gloria in Augusta, Georgia

84 months ago

Your staff should speak up about it. Do u have a Union Rep?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

emma bridges in New Orleans, Louisiana

84 months ago

i put a application online and also sent a resume i was wondering if anybody had a chance to review it. thank you

p.s. i am in need of a job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

84 months ago

Guide

Emma-You need to contact LabCorp directly if you do not get a response from them about your resume/application. They do not have reps on Indeed that can answer you.

If you look over all the other forums about this company,you will see some pretty critical remarks about it. I think the posts that disturb me the most are from those that say how you really have to know someone to get in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

casey in High Point, North Carolina

77 months ago

how much money do they start out paying courers at labcorp?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

RustyPeters in Phoenix, Arizona

77 months ago

Well, like others who have posted here, I've applied several times and never even got called for an interview. This is after applying for a data entry position, and I've been working in a data entry position for the federal govt. for 4 years. LOL

However, after reading how really crappy they treat their employees, I am now glad that LabCorp never contacted me because I wouldn't put up with that for one second.

Like someone else said, hopefully someday we can all open a business of our own so we can hire people and treat them the way humans should be treated. And hopefully the HR a-holes at LabCorp will get the karma that's coming to them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

telephasic in San Diego, California

77 months ago

greetings everyone,

i've been employed with LabCorp for about a month and a half, and I'm already considering quitting... I'm an accessioner (third shift) and I honestly don't mind the work and productivity expectations... but it's the actual supervisors and management that is driving me away from the company. I called in sick not too long ago due to upper respiratory illness (I had been coughing and hacking the past 2 workdays so they KNEW i was sick), and my lab manager was doing her darndest to make me come in.. even to the point of threatening that it would majorly affect my 90-day review. i told her that my health was more important to me, and she still told me to call in the middle of the workday to see if i felt any better, hoping that I could still make it in. Now, i consider myself the loyal employee-type who chooses not to "stir the pot", but I just felt that whole exchange was completely unreasonable, on her part. I know she's looking out for her own job security in trying to run a tight ship, but she shows NO concern for the well-being of her employees. This woman also treats her staff like school children and has a super condescending tone to anyone who speaks to her. everyone talks behind her back but no one calls her out on it... i don't know who's more messed up: this horrible excuse for a lab manager, or the employees who have stuck with this place who have to deal with this woman on a daily basis. I won't even get into my supervisors who work under her (let's just say I've never seen so much butt-kissing in one month).

Just by reading this and similar threads, it seems that the whole of LabCorp needs a shake-up, concerning the treatment toward their employees.

I just needed to vent to others who share in my frustration.

cheers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Preston Clark in Greensboro, North Carolina

75 months ago

LabCorp does not allow unions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sandi3858 in Hollywood, Florida

75 months ago

I have ASCP Phlebotomist Certification and worked for Quest 3 days and just had interview with Labcorp this week ( wanted to see what the difference was--- NONE). With Quest I applied for months and ended up going to a medical staffing agency and was placed in a day. I love drawing blood and working in healthcare ... but this is not healthcare - its production and when you deal with production and needles you will eventually have a major error or worse stick yourself. Where I worked I was advised on the rules for about 10 minutes the first day then left alone and I stuck people all day long with a 21g needle drawing about 4 tubes per person, then documented the time each person had to wait. I was required to stick another person before the last order was completed - which meant I had some bring me a cup of urine in the middle of a stick. I decided if I wanted to work production I could go somewhere cleaner, nicer and a place that I didnt stand the entire shift.( I have never left a job in less than a year in the 20 years I have been working).

As for labcorp I went to an interview to see what it was like as it was a administrative position -lol. I have to say it had to be the most unprofessional interview I have ever had - It turned out to be a call center inside of Labcorp. I spent an hour there and 30 minutes of that she was working on her computer and talking on the phone which was so very rude. A couple of times she jumped up and went to the door and yelled to her customer service people that there were 10 people waiting. I think if you really want to work in healthcare and you want to be treated fairly you should - run run run runaway! I would rather work in a plant anyday.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

no corporate robot here NO WAY in North Carolina

75 months ago

its not fair to make a statement off the company if you have never worked there. you are going off of asumptions and opinions and you have no inside opinion. It kinda scares me to read all of these.....you see i came across this website by pure accident....i was sitting in labcorp lobby today waiting to take my drugscreen when i typed their name into google on my phone and up pops this site. I don't know if this is a sign for me as the drug screen for the company that am am offically new hire for is the very same company i sat in today to take the drug screen. Yes, labcorp is my new company offically offered the position of a pst/rover today. For the most part the two supervisors that interviewd me were super awesome durring the interview they were impressed with the knowledge i knew about the company. I interviewed for the position about 2 and a half almost 3 months ago and i finally got the position I had been applying with labcorp since 2003.......but but but in the other states i had been living in....ive been in this state a year and applied maybe 2 months out of the year since i been here. When i told the girls at the front desk that i was here for my d/s she said for what company i said here am the new hire one girl looked at me like wtf and said here????????? i said yeah...and the other girl held her head down and started to snicker....the other one processed my paperwork and in a funny tone told the other girl to stop it ...stop it...in a tone that i took as ( man she just dont know) or either (what they seen in you) being that neither know my skills or years of exp. am going for the first one after reading all these comments. One the of supervisors passed the front desk and saw me and instantly remembered who i was and was (my name) hey how are you!! when are you starting..and introduced me to them (not know that i kinda did) and told them i was the new "rover" and they were both like OOOOHHHH OKKKAY...like the kinda changed things....a lil worried

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

James in Ballston Spa, New York

74 months ago

mariah in Pataskala, Ohio said: I have applied and applied, they never hire me...

Hey, which labcorp job have you applied over and over for, just curious

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Digital in Mountlake Terrace, Washington

74 months ago

The Labcorp here in Seattle is unionized.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Digital in Mountlake Terrace, Washington

74 months ago

Labcorp advertizes positions but corp mgt has the positons on hold so eventhough they interview, those ppl may not get hired eventhough Labcorp needs them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

no corporate robot here NO WAY in North Carolina

74 months ago

True they sometimes has freezes but they don't interview then thats why its called a freeze and they sure don't waste salary dollars an hour interviewing ppl if they are not planning to hire for the position. If u were not called back then it means they found a way better candidate with better skills that matched the position.

Digital in Mountlake Terrace, Washington said: Labcorp advertizes positions but corp mgt has the positons on hold so eventhough they interview, those ppl may not get hired eventhough Labcorp needs them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tweetiexx in Toms River, New Jersey

74 months ago

I hate Labcorp with a passion. Everytime my doctors wants to run a test I cringe. Between the wait time, the clueless idiots who works there, the inexperienced techs who can’t find the vein saying “Goodness the veined rolled”.

I hate this place. The last 2 times I went I suggested to them a real nice vein and the tech chose to use a vein that was almost not visable and then they dug and digged until the caught it. You should see the bruises.

Todays problem is their refusing to supply me with my reports. They did offer it mail it to me in 2 weeks. This is against NJ Department of Health and Hospital requlations. I spoke with DHH and they suggested me filing a complaint. When I told Don Luu the Director of Hippa regulations he was no help just an arrogant idiot who is too lazy to do his job and follow the NJ Statuates. Then I spoke with Don Hardison COO and he stands behind his MORON. Dave King CEO is out of the office at a conference. I’m sure some exotic resort at the sharholders $$$$$.

What a joke. These people should be heavily regulated and made to follow the rules of each state, not make up the rules as they see fit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

no corporate robot here NO WAY in North Carolina

74 months ago

Sounds like you need a life who has that much time to track CEO's, coo's, and hippa personel down unless they are not working and got time on their hands and besides you posted your fusteations on the wrong forum lmao!!! This is for phlebotomy tech, employees, and ex employees not the patients lmao!!!!

tweetiexx in Toms River, New Jersey said: I hate Labcorp with a passion. Everytime my doctors wants to run a test I cringe. Between the wait time, the clueless idiots who works there, the inexperienced techs who can’t find the vein saying “Goodness the veined rolled”.

I hate this place. The last 2 times I went I suggested to them a real nice vein and the tech chose to use a vein that was almost not visable and then they dug and digged until the caught it. You should see the bruises.

Todays problem is their refusing to supply me with my reports. They did offer it mail it to me in 2 weeks. This is against NJ Department of Health and Hospital requlations. I spoke with DHH and they suggested me filing a complaint. When I told Don Luu the Director of Hippa regulations he was no help just an arrogant idiot who is too lazy to do his job and follow the NJ Statuates. Then I spoke with Don Hardison COO and he stands behind his MORON. Dave King CEO is out of the office at a conference. I’m sure some exotic resort at the sharholders $$$$$.

What a joke. These people should be heavily regulated and made to follow the rules of each state, not make up the rules as they see fit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Searching Employment in Bradenton, Florida

74 months ago

I am looking for positive, honest, and real responses about this company and its culture. Is there anyone you can provide me with a honest and candid response about this company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

no corporate robot here NO WAY in North Carolina

74 months ago

Well I can't tell u the pay cause they vary state to state and with experience bit I can tell you is the sales rep that I'm cool with loves her job but she says its hard although she spent have to pitch to Drs. To use labcorp that's her boss job its her job to maintain the acct in her area that her boss got. So she is alrlways out and about going to the drs office making sure thwyvare happy with us but she said they chew get the hell out when they are not. She said they get mad of the craziest stuff and tlshe is the one that takes the heat. If the phelbs. In that office messes up she hears about it and have to tell their manager its not just a selling and mantaining job they ate mini supervisors

Searching Employment in Bradenton, Florida said: I am looking for a good company to grow with. I have seen multiple postings for positions with LabCorp. I am interested in a Key Account Executive position. I need to know some things about this company. What is the average starting pay for a sales executive. What is the corporate culture? Is this a good company to work for?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

no corporate robot here NO WAY in North Carolina

74 months ago

Well I think it'd the luck of the draw where u live and what type of management is there cause I love the branch am at my supervisor is the sweetest lady there don't get me wrong she done take no mess she is about her business but she is very cool and open minded. The supv. Over the phelbs in house is interesting and I will leave that alone. The other sups in the other departs. Are very nice I lucked out. And my branch is hiring and doing interviews but I see ur in Florida sorry :-(

Searching Employment in Bradenton, Florida said: I am looking for positive, honest, and real responses about this company and its culture. Is there anyone you can provide me with a honest and candid response about this company?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Searching Employment in Bradenton, Florida

74 months ago

I make about 56,000 annually plus my quarterly bonuses. Is a similar wage available at Lab Corp? Is Quest Diagnostics a better company in your opinion? What corporation should I strive to join?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

no corporate robot here NO WAY in North Carolina

74 months ago

Dang it at my typos. I did that on my iPhone

no corporate robot here NO WAY in North Carolina said: Well I can't tell u the pay cause they vary state to state and with experience bit I can tell you is the sales rep that I'm cool with loves her job but she says its hard although she spent have to pitch to Drs. To use labcorp that's her boss job its her job to maintain the acct in her area that her boss got. So she is alrlways out and about going to the drs office making sure thwyvare happy with us but she said they chew get the hell out when they are not. She said they get mad of the craziest stuff and tlshe is the one that takes the heat. If the phelbs. In that office messes up she hears about it and have to tell their manager its not just a selling and mantaining job they ate mini supervisors

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rina in Elizabeth, New Jersey

72 months ago

Does anyone know LabCorp's policy on references/employment verification of former employees?
Who does a prospective new employer ask for when they call to verify employment, or is there a special number for that and things like when an employee is trying to get a loan etc.??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

no corporate robot here NO WAY in North Carolina

72 months ago

I don't know what region u are in but here in nc. There is a 800 # they call to get references.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rina in Elizabeth, New Jersey

72 months ago

no corporate robot here NO WAY in North Carolina said: I don't know what region u are in but here in nc. There is a 800 # they call to get references.

I am in NJ. NC is where Corporate is!! Please, what is the number, if you can get it. Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Rina in Elizabeth, New Jersey

72 months ago

no corporate robot here NO WAY in North Carolina said: hi rina sorry for the late response but am a rover and they got me working out of town so I came home and went straight to sleep been a little tired. Anyways I went inside mylabcorp.com and. Pulled this out for you. The # is 1800 emp auth. And the website is "theworknumber.com". Now I don't know if u can can use the web site cause u said u was a former employee but I put it out there just in case. Good luck with whatever u r trying to accomplish and if u need anything else am here. Let me know if this works for you or not.

Thank you so much for caring & helping me. I am going to be moving and the employer I have now did not need to check my former employment! About the 800# - do you know ALL the numbers? Not sure what you mean by 1-800 emp auth.
I heard once LabCorp is supposed to just gives the date of hire and last day of employment. Would you know or possibly find out if a former employee can use this phone#. Or what happens if a former manager and or HR gets a call, what happens then for a job reference from LabCorp? Anything you can learn is appreciated! Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

no corporate robot here NO WAY in North Carolina

72 months ago

Rina in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: Thank you so much for caring & helping me. I am going to be moving and the employer I have now did not need to check my former employment! About the 800# - do you know ALL the numbers? Not sure what you mean by 1-800 emp auth.
I heard once LabCorp is supposed to just gives the date of hire and last day of employment. Would you know or possibly find out if a former employee can use this phone#. Or what happens if a former manager and or HR gets a call, what happens then for a job reference from LabCorp? Anything you can learn is appreciated! Thank you.

Sorryabout that I thought y would understand that. Anyways thats the way it's spelled out 1800empauth but in a phone# format it's 18003672884. I think they outsource and just give dates I really don't know on that part. Sorry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ED in Vineland, New Jersey

72 months ago

I worked for Lab Corp for approx 2.5 years and through the first year the distribution manager did nothing but YELL at me and berate my performance, but when raise time came around, I did get like a 50 cent or so raise, so how could I be doing so bad...?

The manager and I NEVER got along, she was arrogant, insensitive, lacked any compassion, insincere, and basically a pain in the butt. I got to admit that when I got fired it was the right thing for her to do, but she has no idea how happy I was to get out of that job.

Though, now, after less than a year has passed, I kinda wish I stayed on if I could have, as finding a job now (08/08) has been absolutely hell...if you can stick it out, even if you don't like the job, don't leave till you have a definite new job to go too...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Rina in Elizabeth, New Jersey

72 months ago

no corporate robot here NO WAY in North Carolina said: Sorryabout that I thought y would understand that. Anyways thats the way it's spelled out 1800empauth but in a phone# format it's 18003672884. I think they outsource and just give dates I really don't know on that part. Sorry

Ok.I see it now! Thank you. I went to the website, and there is a fee for this.
I wonder if a prospective new employer would want to pay to get info. If they try call HR or any supervisor listed on application, do they talk or say that this is the only way to get info from LC.Oh well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

no corporate robot here NO WAY in North Carolina

72 months ago

that I don't know. Y don't u call human resources here and talk to someone they r nice here

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Been here for awhile in Columbus, Ohio

72 months ago

I have been with LabCorp for awhile now. I am a supervisor. I do hiring. It is not easy hiring entry level positions. You get a lot of resumes and hits on Monster dot com. One position I was hiring for, I had 150+ applications. I don't care where you work at, you, as a manager or supervisor, will not sit down and interview over 100 people for an entry level job or an upper level job. It is not going to happen. You have to weed out and weed out again. If you did not get picked for a interview, chances are you were one of many people looking for that job. I have had people post resumes from overseas.

It is hard. And the work is hard. There is a lot of working coming in, in a very short time and every doctor or hospital or clinic are expecting their results the very next day. Logistically, it is a nightmare. So yes, you are expected to produce. Everyday, the window to get the specimens in and the results out is small.

Typically and historically, medical technology is a very high pressured job. You are working with people's biological specimens and everyone wants the same quality of work and expects it. Some specimens are dealing with life threatening situations and results are needed. That is why there is a lot of pressure.

I cannot speak for all of the supervisors and managers out there, but I know I have been given a job, a job that I took voluntarily, and I am performing it to the best of my ability. If that means pushing people to get work out, then that is what needs to be done and I WILL do it.

This is not Walmart or McDonalds. This is a medical reference lab and people depend on it. Trust me, one of these days you will depend on it....I pretty much guarantee it. And you will be thankful for it. Maybe not out loud, but in the back of your mind, you will be thankful.

If you had a bad experience with LabCorp and being hired, all I can say is, I am sorry. I am extremely happy here now and for the last 25 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (22) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Francis in Plainfield, New Jersey

56 months ago

Anthony in Jersey City, New Jersey said: That is why we have to find something that we can do and be our own bosses. Maybe one day even have a business that provides jobs for others.

Anthony, My name is Francis and I am in the process of organizing a Labor union to secure better treatment of LabCorp employees. I already have hundreds of petitions from south jersey PSCs. I am very familiar with LabCorp and the demands they place on Phlebs to then fight you for a 30 cents raise at the end of the year. We can put an end to that

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Francis in Plainfield, New Jersey

56 months ago

Plainfield, NJ in Plainfield, New Jersey said: I never in my life work for a company who doesn't appreciate there employees like Labcorp especially the one in Raritan, NJ they want you to sit there and key your heart out, no conversation with others and they want to schedule your breaks and lunches. The money they pay us for night shift is a shame 3rd shift is suppose to make more than 10-12 an hour. when I work 2nd shift for [name removed] as a contractor I started with 16.00 an hour. Labcorp doesn't pay no money thats another reason thier always hiring.

Good morning,

I am in the advance stages of forming a labor union on behalf of LabCorp Phlebotomists. I have hundreds of petitions already from south NJ PSCs and roving phlebs. I am intimately familiar with how LabCorp treats their phlebotomists and it's a disgrace. They push for this unreasonable 30 minute for every patient only to fight you for a thirty cent raise at the end of the year, and as it is, you are below scale.

email is el_profesor@myway.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Francis in Plainfield, New Jersey

56 months ago

the Q in Newark, New Jersey said: Yes your 100% right.They do make you sit there and as for as you open your mouth about anything,they stare you down,yet the group leaders can converse about their family problems and what not.They also made me train a person,who they hired for more money and gave my position as a senior operator ll and or group leader.That person,they gave 15.00 to at that time.I also was told to type in 550+,which I have always done,after they had done that to me.And on top of that they gave me a $ raise.

Q,

I am in the advance stages of forming a labor union on behalf of LabCorp Phlebotomists. I have hundreds of petitions already from south NJ PSCs and roving phlebs. I am intimately familiar with how LabCorp treats their phlebotomists and it's a disgrace. They push for this unreasonable 30 minute for every patient only to fight you for a thirty cent raise at the end of the year, and as it is, you are below scale.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Francis in Plainfield, New Jersey

56 months ago

Rina in Elizabeth, New Jersey said: Does anyone know LabCorp's policy on references/employment verification of former employees?
Who does a prospective new employer ask for when they call to verify employment, or is there a special number for that and things like when an employee is trying to get a loan etc.??

Rina,

You were a great employee! Did u work for Luba? Let me know I can give you a reference.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MAXSAVER in Hamilton, Ohio

35 months ago

I hope you are still at Lab Corp. Because i currently work at Lab Corp Springdale Ohio and our whole division is a real mess. We really need your help. We have a situation where Lab Corp has failed to invest in our supervisor, thus our supervisor is untrained to invest in his employees. Our most recent trauma involved our July pay increases. These were determined by someone totally untrained to do any employee evaluations. We have employees with 4,18,23, and 35 years of service who didn't receive a raise this year nor were they ever offered any feed back concerning their preformance. Secondly we have had hundreds of violations of failure to pay 3rd. shift pay differential for employees who volunteered to work extra shifts over the last few years. Again our supervisor fails to respond or offer any solution. Would you please invest in my supervisor, will you help him to be a great leader, so we may all rise together to be the most outstanding division in Ohio and all America.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Been here for awhile in Columbus, Ohio

35 months ago

MAXSAVER in Hamilton, Ohio said: I hope you are still at Lab Corp. Because i currently work at Lab Corp Springdale Ohio and our whole division is a real mess. We really need your help. We have a situation where Lab Corp has failed to invest in our supervisor, thus our supervisor is untrained to invest in his employees. Our most recent trauma involved our July pay increases. These were determined by someone totally untrained to do any employee evaluations. We have employees with 4,18,23, and 35 years of service who didn't receive a raise this year nor were they ever offered any feed back concerning their preformance. Secondly we have had hundreds of violations of failure to pay 3rd. shift pay differential for employees who volunteered to work extra shifts over the last few years. Again our supervisor fails to respond or offer any solution. Would you please invest in my supervisor, will you help him to be a great leader, so we may all rise together to be the most outstanding division in Ohio and all America.

These are very deleterious remarks. It is hard for me to believe that a whole department with at least 4 people did not receive any raises this year. This would be sending up a red flag that would be caught. If not, then people who did not get their raises, could just get with HR or their supervisor.

From what I have been able to find out, there is really only 1 third shift employee at the Springdale location, a driver. Just because you might work and hour or 2 into third shift for some reason, you will only get paid for second shift, not third.

If you have had hundreds of violations of this, there is a chain of command. There is also a hotline that can be called and this stuff reported to without reprisal.

Again, this is hard for me to believe. And as far as the whole division being a real mess, then I know you are speaking without full knowledge.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.