LabCorp Salaries, Bonuses and Benefits.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 88)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Host

What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at LabCorp?

What do you like best about working at LabCorp? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?

Reply - Report abuse

Doug Plucker in College Point, New York

87 months ago

This is a dumb company that keeps advertising the same jobs over and over, and when you apply, you get no response. I remember years ago, when you applied for a job at any company, they would have the courtesy to send you a little postcard saying 'we have received your resume, etc..' or ' we will keep your resume on file for 1 year and contact you, etc..' But, these clowns do not acknowledge anything, and then a few weeks later, the same job is posted.
DUMB.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (36) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

JPS Detroit in Clarkston, Michigan

87 months ago

Fun isnt it? What's easier, getting a phone call from a prospective employer or winning the lotto? Lotto is looking like a better bet everyday as a majority of jobs are recycled dead ends and we kill ourselves applying. People try to empathize with me being out of work. They say "yeah, its tough out there". I reply "tough? I wish it was tough -- its rediculas"

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

lALA in Seattle, Washington

87 months ago

YOU WILL GET A RESPONSE IF THEY FIND THAT YOU MATCH UP WITH THEIR REQUIREMENTS

I WORK THERE I KNOW

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (28) Reply - Report abuse

Terri in Elyria, Ohio

87 months ago

lALA said: YOU WILL GET A RESPONSE IF THEY FIND THAT YOU MATCH UP WITH THEIR REQUIREMENTS
I WORK THERE I KNOW

Their requirements are a min. of two years experience. So basically you won't be working for them if you need a job out of college.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

lALA in Seattle, Washington

87 months ago

That probably is cool, but a lot of students are working there and some that have already tooken their tests to be certified have gotten in pretty quick, I would also try Quest Diagnostics, but the lab's air ventilation sytstem is really bad for the body.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Carrie in Kentucky

87 months ago

Here's the thing with good ol' LabCorp. And this might be a lil' lengthy. I worked for labcorp. You may read this next line and be done with what else I'm going to say, or you may read on to find out why. So hear it goes. LabCorp was where I wanted to be... well I got there. I worked for a doctor, who was hmm, enraged would be the best word. All because her PST that was there was a floater. She filled in only where needed. I got hired in and was told the first day on the job that I was not wanted. It only got worse. I had several specimen's LOST after My courrier signed off for them and left my office with them. I had several fail while in the lab being processed. I was Labcorp to this doctor. It actually got sooo bad that my boss from Lexington came down for the day. She and I went to lunch and she informed me that they were happy with me in the office, and it was pure spite out of the "doctor". I unfortunately had a car accident on my way to work...I still went to work, but had to leave 45 min early due to needing to pick up a rental so I could make it to work the next day... "Doc" said she was ok with that and so was my boss. On Dec.19 My daughter was very ill with a upper resp. infection and bronchitus. It was just a week before Christmas and her birthday and my mother that was going through chemo was comming to visit for the holidays. I had to get my child better. I started calling at 4 am to get ahold of any one that could tell me about calling off procedures. It was something I had never done. I was only able to get ahold of my boss by voice mail. My boss finally returned my call as I was on my way out the door to the doctor, and she seemed honestly concerned about my lil' girl's health.kept saying it's ok, it's ok.do what you need to do. Mind you this is 2 days after she came to visit. I came home to my own voicemail. "you're fired". Their employees aren't important. but contracts are!They are still trying to fill Jackson position.Search it. This was '05.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

ex employee in Nampa, Idaho

87 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at LabCorp?
What do you like best about working at LabCorp? Are there any great perks or special treats for employees?
One great perk was we got to take our brand new company car home every day, all gas including personal gas paid for by company, BUT the use outside courier companys to complete work for them. They were unrealisitic about how much one person could do in an 8 hour period, that was why the positon cont to be open! NO one lasted more than a week. My boss was physically and very verbally abusive and I just walked out one day. I dont need any job that bad that makes me feel like $#%^ everyday. I do not recommend them. It was super easy to get hired, just give the HR people a call. Show some intrest beyond just sending a resume. Do the follow up. Pay was average perks were awesome. But I have to look myself in the mirror everyday!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Doug Plucker in Elmhurst, New York

87 months ago

lALA said: YOU WILL GET A RESPONSE IF THEY FIND THAT YOU MATCH UP WITH THEIR REQUIREMENTS
I WORK THERE I KNOW

Looks like no one on earth matches up to their requirements, because the same job is posed again and again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Latisha Bellamy in Greensboro, North Carolina

87 months ago

I have been trying to get into this company off and on for years. I have filled out multiple applications as well as done check-ups to see the status of various applications. I don't understand why it is so difficult to get into this company with so many available positions advertised.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Terri in Elyria, Ohio

87 months ago

Alot of people have been saying that they were fired for stupid reasons from this company or were treated badly and finally left. I wonder if these positions are already filled, but they keep advertising until they get someone with great creditendials and then force the other person out of the position. Didn't someone say they have contracts with companies? I'm sure having people with suporior quality helps with get and keep those contracts, but you need someone to do the work until you find that person. They do have a large amount of openings everywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin in Lillington, North Carolina

87 months ago

JPS Detroit said: Fun isnt it? What's easier, getting a phone call from a prospective employer or winning the lotto? Lotto is looking like a better bet everyday as a majority of jobs are recycled dead ends and we kill ourselves applying. People try to empathize with me being out of work. They say "yeah, its tough out there". I reply "tough? I wish it was tough -- its rediculas"

Tell me about it. What I love is when you finally do get an interview and they say they will call on a specific day to let you know either "yea" or "nea" and you still do not get a call. Just tell me "no" that's okay, that way at least I know where to go next in my job search. People just leave you hanging. I never did that in my previous job where I hired people for 14 years, I never once did not call someone to let them know. There is also ageism out there too. Don't be fooled! It exists. I never knew that 45 years old was over the hill!!! I could not get a job out of college because I had no experience now I can't get one because I am overqualified! LOL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Campbell Hall, New York

87 months ago

I know this is about Labcorp...I honestly have nothing bad to say. I applied for a Phleb job years back and got it, but it turned out the hours were not the greatest. For what the going rate was back then, I was offered more than most places were willing to give ($14/hr). Anyway - from what I'm reading here, it seems there's a lot of animosity towards Labcorp, but it's NOTHING compared to Quest!!! I've heard from MANY people and know first hand that Quest hires some nasty people. There's a lot of competition and jealousy. If you're conscientious, hard working, ambitious, can multi task and NOT LAZY - you create a very unhealthy atmosphere and it's a daily challenge with your coworkers (at least with the lazy ones).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Carrie in Kentucky in Cincinnati, Ohio

87 months ago

Oh I was just throwing out example of other lab's. I've not worked for Quest. All I knew is that they are LabCorp's biggest competitor. LOL on the comment of old women get'n nasty... I think that is in every medical profession. They seen it all and done most of the rest of the staff... Oops.. I shouldn't have said that out loud, huh? j/k. I think once you get older, you just don't care anymore. I'm 28. I can say I wont be that way... but I know exactly what you're talk'n about. LOL dang those nasty ol' women! I'm hard to emabarrass, but I've blushed many a times around some co-workers at a lunch table.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Carrie in Kentucky in Cincinnati, Ohio

87 months ago

Terri said: Alot of people have been saying that they were fired for stupid reasons from this company or were treated badly and finally left. I wonder if these positions are already filled, but they keep advertising until they get someone with great creditendials and then force the other person out of the position. Didn't someone say they have contracts with companies? I'm sure having people with suporior quality helps with get and keep those contracts, but you need someone to do the work until you find that person. They do have a large amount of openings everywhere.

Terri must work for labcorp. If that is what the company is doing... then they need to check state bylaws.. Just taking a stab in the dark, but I believe that would fall under unfair bus. practices, hmm what else.. letting people go with out just cause.. Wonder what the actual term for that would be? Other then the obvious. Screw'n People Over and mess'n with their familys. Yeah that would be my termanology for it. LOL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle in Goshen, New York

87 months ago

Carrie in Kentucky said:
Terri must work for labcorp. If that is what the company is doing... then they need to check state bylaws.. Just taking a stab in the dark, but I believe that would fall under unfair bus. practices, hmm what else.. letting people go with out just cause.. Wonder what the actual term for that would be? Other then the obvious. Screw'n People Over and mess'n with their familys. Yeah that would be my termanology for it. LOL

Hmm...I actually wondered that myself. I've seen too many of these generic question - comments...I think it's labcorp personnel or just the company itself polling what people have to say. Truth be told - I can only speak for my experience with Quest Diagnostics - Should be called Bitch Diagnostics! I took away a lot of great experience (professional and human experience). I know I am a good person, a good employee and a great Phleb. I guess we have to take it as a compliment if we worked with animosity. We or (me personally) was a threat for some reason. I am not now nor will I ever be a kiss ass. I don't care what's on the line. These places want and expect you to compromise your personal life for them...and for WHAT?! I didn't quit or get fired from Quest - I became "ill" due to the CONSTANT harrassment of my fellow coworkers and took a leave of abscense. When I was ready to return, my position was filled - (no union). I'm not sure if it's different now. I will say that now I am a much stronger and WISER person since. I was in my early 20's...Learned a lot to say the least.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ann in Birmingham, Alabama

87 months ago

hi,
just for those that are looking to become a cytotech for lab corp, you have to screen 90 paps a day manual and if you do image guided paps you'll have to screen 150 a day. if you miss more than 4 lsil in a quarter you do not get a raise. the higest annual raise you can get is around 5%.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Juanita Vinson in Anchorage, Alaska

87 months ago

I was thinking about applying here in Anchorage, anyone have any suggestions for me? Are they flexible with work hours because I have a 1yr old and cant always do the straight 8hr days.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jason Hodge Saint Louis Mo. in Saint Louis, Missouri

86 months ago

I've applied six times for a courier/service rep position and have never heard back. They re-post the same job every two weeks, is it a computer system or a human doing it? I am 31 years old. I have a college degree and lots of work experience. Why can I not get a response? I called Labcorp's human resources department and they said they only hire off of the internet site. Can anyone give me some good ideas to try?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

slpngbeauty

86 months ago

Latisha Bellamy said: I have been trying to get into this company off and on for years. I have filled out multiple applications as well as done check-ups to see the status of various applications. I don't understand why it is so difficult to get into this company with so many available positions advertised.

Try Manpower in Burlington. That is the quickest way to be hired.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mariah in Pataskala, Ohio

86 months ago

Yeah Jason,
Try Quest, I too, am tired of dealing with LabCorp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Un happy employee tx in Fort Worth, Texas

86 months ago

try quest

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lala in Seattle, Washington

86 months ago

Do not try Quest! You will turn out sick if you are working in the lab. It is poorly ventilated and the people there are highly competitious. I got hired quickly and got fired quickly even though the reports said I was doing a great job.

There are a lot of people at LabCorp who work here and deserve to get fired, but for some reason they don't. I haven't met so many attitudes in my life.

You got to be on your p's and q's if you work for LabCorp because they will just toss you around and treat you horribly. If you work for them, don't let things slide. Report incidences with coworkers, etc... when it happens, don't delay, because if you don't they will find a way to get you removed or fired.

They are working on me, but because I am good at what I do, they haven't fired me yet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

GG Kbows in Cincinnati, Ohio

86 months ago

Age discrimination is an issue starting about 40. Employers are worried that you are going into decline and you will start to run up their medical insurance costs. Same with an employee that has a spouse with medical issues or a lesser issue if you have kids.

Maybe it would be accurate to call it medical descrimination... it can happen at any age.
Illness or accident

Only way around it is to move to one of the top countries with nationalized health so it's a non-issue. What's the latest World Health Organization rating for the US? 43 countries with better health care than the USA? There's plenty of choices.

A single between 28 and 34 who dosn't date, who is a non-smoker, dosn't drink, vegetarian, thin and exercises is in. Then you better look great or like the hiring manager.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Charlotte in Medina, Ohio

86 months ago

Terri said: Alot of people have been saying that they were fired for stupid reasons from this company or were treated badly and finally left. I wonder if these positions are already filled, but they keep advertising until they get someone with great creditendials and then force the other person out of the position. Didn't someone say they have contracts with companies? I'm sure having people with suporior quality helps with get and keep those contracts, but you need someone to do the work until you find that person. They do have a large amount of openings everywhere.

I was hired as a Lab Assessioner for labcorp. I worked for two weeks and picked up a bug and was in bed with a fever, bronchial pneumonia and sinusitis all at once. My doctor sent an excuse to Labcorp and I called every day to keep them informed as to my health and when I might be able to return to work. They assured me it was okay and told me I sounded awful and to get well. I was out for 5 days with a doctors written excuse. I went back to work on a Monday, worked my shift 6pm - 2:30 am. Went back to work on Tuesday and they fired me. They said it was for excessive absentism. They do not care if you are sick. I should have dragged myself in and gotten them all sick and then the lab would have had to shut down. If you get sick make sure to go to work at Labcorp and make sure you cough and sneeze in the Supervisor's face so she/he can feel as bad as you do and then they may not fire you.
Charlotte

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Terri in Elyria, Ohio

86 months ago

Charlotte said:
I was hired as a Lab Assessioner for labcorp. I worked for two weeks and picked up a bug and was in bed with a fever, bronchial pneumonia and sinusitis all at once. My doctor sent an excuse to Labcorp and I called every day to keep them informed as to my health and when I might be able to return to work. They assured me it was okay and told me I sounded awful and to get well. I was out for 5 days with a doctors written excuse. I went back to work on a Monday, worked my shift 6pm - 2:30 am. Went back to work on Tuesday and they fired me. They said it was for excessive absentism. They do not care if you are sick. I should have dragged myself in and gotten them all sick and then the lab would have had to shut down. If you get sick make sure to go to work at Labcorp and make sure you cough and sneeze in the Supervisor's face so she/he can feel as bad as you do and then they may not fire you.
Charlotte

If you had a doctor's excuse, you could have taken them to court for firing you. There are laws against being fired for medical reasons.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

It has been only a few weeks since they fired me. How can I sue? I thought that since Ohio is an Employer at will state, that the employer can fire you for anything, they can fire you for just the way you dress as far as that is concerned.

If you know how I can sue, I will. Please anyone reply as to how I can get some satisfaction. It took me a year to get the job with Labcorp. I applied for every position for 12 months and finally got the job, only to get sick and then get the shaft.......

Charlotte

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lala in Seattle, Washington

86 months ago

i would get in contact with the union

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

What Union? There was no union.

thanks
Charlotte

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

The reason everyone bothers with Labcorp is their benefits. They are excellent. You get 3 weeks vacation paid the first year. You also get personal paid days for every hour worked. I worked for two weeks and had 8 hrs of paid leave. Not bad. Also the hourly pay is paid taking into consideration your experience. Also you are paid shift premium for working the evening shift, and the hospitalization is excellent with several different plans made available and your coverage starts in 30 days after your first day of work. Also the company has a website with all the contact information for any Administration staff and to answer any questions about many different subjects.

Yes, I was terminated for absenteeism even though I had a Doctor's excuse, but no one can question the benefits and pay that Labcorp offers. They are excellent.

That is why people bother with Labcorp........

Charlotte

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Scott in MO in Saint Louis, Missouri

86 months ago

The reason everyone bothers with Labcorp is their benefits. They are excellent. You get 3 weeks vacation paid the first year. You also get personal paid days for every hour worked. I worked for two weeks and had 8 hrs of paid leave. Not bad. Also the hourly pay is paid taking into consideration your experience. Also you are paid shift premium for working the evening shift, and the hospitalization is excellent with several different plans made available and your coverage starts in 30 days after your first day of work. Also the company has a website with all the contact information for any Administration staff and to answer any questions about many different subjects.

Yes, I was terminated for absenteeism even though I had a Doctor's excuse, but no one can question the benefits and pay that Labcorp offers. They are excellent.

That is why people bother with Labcorp........

Charlotte

You don't get three weeks in St. Louis nor paid personal days. I too was sick and out for a week. I was in the hospital, spoke with the supervisor daily, and had a doctor's excuse. I have atrial fibrillation along with diabetes. They had to do a procedure where they stuck a long tube down my throat to look at the back of my heart to determine if I had a mass there or not. I came back to work and within 2 weeks was fired because they said a doctor called Louisville and stated that I was rude to his patient and they had been having lots of trouble out of me and wanted me fired. When I asked for the doctor's name I was given the runaround at first. Finally they gave me a name and that "doctor", it turns out, was a dentist. They are liars and slicksters. Of course, the one who fired me went on to become a regional manager, relocated her family, and was fired within three months. There is justice!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

86 months ago

Mariah,

I am sorry to hear about your trouble with Labcorp also. Well, I had a physicians excuse also. I also called the supervisor everyday. It looks like they fire people just to be firing them. I am a nurse and I understand the procedure you had performed. You did good to return in a week. I think maybe we should both sue them. Maybe a class action suit. If they cannot find fault with your work, they make up something to fire you.

HERE IS A BULLETIN FOR ALL THAT HAVE BEEN FIRED BY LABCORP FOR TRUMPED UP REASONS OR JUST BECAUSE...........
PLEASE CONTACT ME VIA MY EMAIL AND I WILL CONTACT A LAWYER AND WE CAN START A CLASS ACTION SUIT. I DO NOT FEEL THAT LABCORP SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO FIRE AT WILL AND USE LESS THAN LEGITIMATE REASONS. EVERYONE INTERESTED, PLEASE CONTACT ME..........

Mariah, are you in. I will take care of everything as far as notification and also sending the necessary papers to sign for the CLASS ACTION SUIT. I do not feel they were fair in either your being fired or me either. There is justice that can be gotten and it is better to be gotten from a large group of people than just a few. But I will take as many as I can get

EVERYONE UNITE AGAINST LABCORP......CONTACT ME FOR A CLASS ACTION SUIT FOR BEING FIRED FOR NO LEGITIMATE OR TRUTHFUL REASON.

Thanks
Charlotte

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

SHELLZy in Paterson, New Jersey

86 months ago

What exactly does the lab accessioner do at Lab Corp..

mariah in Columbus, Ohio

85 months ago

In answer to you, Ms. Charlotte, good thing LABCORP, has good Hospitalization, cause sure sounds like most folk would suffer a DAMN, ulcer....

mariah in Columbus, Ohio

85 months ago

I would love to join the "suit", but I was never fortunate enough to work at LABCORP...They never contacted me after I interviewed with them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

ShellZy:

A lab assessioner checks in all the blood samples and verifies they have been received and uploaded into the network. Also the assessioner pours off blood samples from those samples for additional tests that may be ordered and caps them and gets them ready to send to the lab for processing of the necessary tests. Also this includes not just blood samples, but also urine, slides, sputum, stool, anyting that can be tested. I hope you get the drift. This is how I picked up a bug, I cleaned my space with a clorox mixture and wore gloves and eye protection, but sometimes the bacteria are stronger than the protections.

I hope I have cleared up what a Lab Assessioner does.....

Charlotte

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

mariah said: In answer to you, Ms. Charlotte, good thing LABCORP, has good Hospitalization, cause sure sounds like most folk would suffer a DAMN, ulcer....
Mariah: Yeah, they have to have good hospitalization because most employees get sick very often. Some workers are very deligent about cleaning their work areas, others are not, so consequently bacteria thrives in the lab area. Also where I worked it was pretty cold outside and they kept the heat up to 90 degrees, I had to bring in a fan in order to be able to breathe. Of course germs just multiply faster in a nice warm environment. This is how I got sick. I have been a nurse for 13 years and hardly ever got sick, but that was because I did not have work in a "Greenhouse" effect. Well, not all the time. Well, they don't care if you get sick and that they caused the sickness, they just want a body to show up for work.....
Charlotte

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mariah in Columbus, Ohio

85 months ago

Char, girl,
Get a life and a real job, go to a Hospital, or something closer to you, why fight the friggin" system, if, all these comments are true..........Honey, get a real job.............

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

THNX for that because I have an opportunity to work for Labcorp and Quest...but Labcorp has the hours I need. So its basically the same thing as Quest's specimen processors...I guess I'll see how this works out its a Temp to perm any way...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

85 months ago

I finally got the job at Lab Corp or wateva its not that bad so far but the girl I was trainig with for the day was like i wanna leave here so bad because they treat u like Sh** it starts of ok then u go home feeling sick and tired and I can see that already and everyone there gets paid differently. But right now I work for the Temp agency and they pay me 13hr and another girl said to me at the job that they gonna go down in payment if I get hired permanantly.. I dunno can someone tell me plz about how much they pay over here on the EASTCOASt...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

leslie

85 months ago

their prescription drug program forces you to take drugs with no potential for abuse, trying every one available for your condition, regardless of its side effects, before you can take anything with abuse potential (add medication, sleep aids, anxiety medication and such). Even if your doctor doesnt reccomend those drugs for you or even if youve been on a prescription that could be habit forming for years with no abuse you have to try everything. I think its unfair to make people try drugs that their doctors wouldnt normally reccomend. Those things should be between a patient and their doctor, period.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

lab employee in Lexington, North Carolina

85 months ago

find people who are as pissed as you are and make a complaint, send it to your union etc... They'll know you mean business

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

shannon in Saint Petersburg, Florida

85 months ago

Charlotte in Medina, Ohio said: I was hired as a Lab Assessioner for labcorp. I worked for two weeks and picked up a bug and was in bed with a fever, bronchial pneumonia and sinusitis all at once. My doctor sent an excuse to Labcorp and I called every day to keep them informed as to my health and when I might be able to return to work. They assured me it was okay and told me I sounded awful and to get well. I was out for 5 days with a doctors written excuse. I went back to work on a Monday, worked my shift 6pm - 2:30 am. Went back to work on Tuesday and they fired me. They said it was for excessive absentism. They do not care if you are sick. I should have dragged myself in and gotten them all sick and then the lab would have had to shut down. If you get sick make sure to go to work at Labcorp and make sure you cough and sneeze in the Supervisor's face so she/he can feel as bad as you do and then they may not fire you.
Charlotte

Does anyone know how much "Lab Assessioner" positions start out at? I applied at about 10 different job postings and got emails back on all of them saying things as they will review or other people were more qualified, though I did have an interview with the position to be a Lab Assessioner and am scared this position may not pay enough.

Jack in Snellville, Georgia

83 months ago

ex employee in Nampa, Idaho said: One great perk was we got to take our brand new company car home every day, all gas including personal gas paid for by company, BUT the use outside courier companys to complete work for them. They were unrealisitic about how much one person could do in an 8 hour period, that was why the positon cont to be open! NO one lasted more than a week. My boss was physically and very verbally abusive and I just walked out one day. I dont need any job that bad that makes me feel like $#%^ everyday. I do not recommend them. It was super easy to get hired, just give the HR people a call. Show some intrest beyond just sending a resume. Do the follow up. Pay was average perks were awesome. But I have to look myself in the mirror everyday!

I am a service rep and could use some overtime. LabCorp will not give me an hour of overtime daily which would cost about 19.00 a day but hires a courier company for 125.00 a day to relay the my samples 35 miles to the lab. Go figure!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Pete in NJ in Palm Harbor, Florida

83 months ago

shannon in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: Does anyone know how much "Lab Assessioner" positions start out at? I applied at about 10 different job postings and got emails back on all of them saying things as they will review or other people were more qualified, though I did have an interview with the position to be a Lab Assessioner and am scared this position may not pay enough.

I think they start $9-10 an hour for Lab Assessioner

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gary in Indianapolis, Indiana

83 months ago

Host said: What are the average starting salaries, bonuses, benefits and travel requirements like at LabCorp?

I make $15:08 in Indiana in Research,not Labcorp. I have been a phlebotomist for 4 years.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ree in Winston Salem, North Carolina

83 months ago

Can anybody tell me what the project analyst does? is it a hard job? are you trained?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

boosa in Las Vegas, Nevada

82 months ago

You start with $15.50 in Las Vegas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

G L in Suwanee, Georgia

82 months ago

I worked for LC for 4 years, the pay is good, if you do a good job you're guaranteed to get annual raises. The benefits are also very good. NOTE, LC has a high turnover rate! LC is very political, and if management doesn't like you or they don't want to work with you they will start finding reasons to write you up and fire you. If you do get a job there and management writes you up even once, I strongly urge you to start looking for another job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

lisa ann

82 months ago

dear charlotte in media ohio
If you are serious about a class action suit against Labcorp please contact me. I am still in shock after working for a hospital for 27 years, 15 years of that for Labcorp after they bought our Lab, and after years od reccomenndations and awards for service because I actually drew blood at a childrens hospital then brought it to my hospital which had a psc located in the lab and worked there for the rest of the 8 hours and then when they figured out after 7 years of servicing the childrens hospital that Labcorp was doing something fradulent all of a sudden someone made a complaint about me, and all i was doing was trying to follow Labcorp's policies they FIRED ME for this one complaint which was'nt true. And because i couldnt ethically walk out of this position At the childrens hospital I decided to work 2 hours on my own and eight hours at Labcorp which turned into 11 to 13 hours a day with overtime because they decided with all the new contracts to have only 2 people a day service 90 patients. So then i found out because I work 2 hours at the childrens hospital which my supervisor told me to do, i cant even get unemployment!!! They planned this so well!! To go from rave reviews year after year and then all of a sudden get fired for no reason is unbearable. I opened 2 pscs alone for Labcorp kept an account happy at a childrens hospital for 7 years and this is the thanks i get. I also never called in sick once. I had a supervisor force me to go home when i was sick once. Please let me know if you are serious because there is a right to fire law here in new york also and maybe we do need a class action suit.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.