LabCorp not hiring, going out of business?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Diana R in Brentwood, Tennessee

65 months ago

Hello everyone. I wish I had found this forum sooner! Thank you to all of the other posters who shared their LabCorp horror stories with us.

Over the course of 2 years, I wasted my time applying (and re-applying) for 8 different LabCorp positions in the Nashville, Tennessee metro area and never heard back from them. Keep in mind that Nashville is the healthcare industry mecca of the U.S. -- home to dozens of national headquarters and more than 220 healthcare companies.

When I applied to LabCorp, I submitted my information online AND delivered my resume to them in person.... but they never had the courtesy to respond. I am college-educated, have over 10 years of customer service experience in Hospitals, two decades of steady employment history, excellent references, and I could go on and on. I was certainly qualified as I met all of their stated job requirements. Over-qualified, maybe? Whatever it is, their HR department is asleep at the wheel or nonexistent.

I now suspect that their internet job postings are bogus. The posts in another forum thread titled "Don't you notice LabCorp is always hiring?" didn't surprise me at all. I had the same experiences! They show their job openings as "updated" but they're acutally nothing more than bait for new applicants. After reading so many similar reviews on here, I can only assume that they keep a steady stream of "yes man" applicants coming in to replace all of the employees they fire. Maybe its better that I didn't get those jobs in the first place.

LabCorp wasted my time, and a company is only as good as its reputation. I sure won't recommend them to any of my colleagues.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

stevepitts@mindspring.com in Denver, Colorado

65 months ago

re but they never had the courtesy to respond. I am college-educated, have over 10 years of customer service experience in Hospitals...
Looking for a job is a little tougher now. Experience and good employment record notwithstanding.
Perhaps some of the good companies out there do not even have time to respond to applicants. Seems cold or that they could be indifferent, yet ... that is the way it is.
Competition for existing jobs is getting keener. Network, network, grow a thick skin, networks some more & check into as many on-line job sites as seem to be working.
steve (newspaper want ads are not a good source it seems)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

pebcle in Cleveland, Ohio

63 months ago

Wow, now I don't feel so weirded out by Lab Corp. I responded to a number of openings, a late eve/night shift in a perfect location to my present part time job. I have 13 + years experience in medical lab tech (albeit veterinary medicine but a full service lab nearly identical to the human field) & data retrieval & entry experience, sample collection & prep (& protocol for sending out) etc. I got two odd responses from HR stating that I "would probably want more money than any of those positions pay" . . . ?! What did that mean? Since I was looking for those specific hours & that location was excellent for me, I responded politely about salary negotiable, & the HR person actually calculated hourly wages to a yearly amount, again stating the I "would probably want more than the job(s) would pay." WEIRD?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Tinalyn in Nashville, Tennessee

16 months ago

I see that this comment is competely old as dirt.... but I felt the need to comment as a Labcorp employee. Labcorp does hire... all the time. 1)Your qualifications must be a perfect fit for the job you are applying for. I applied 3 times before being hired on. I was told once I was hired that the supervisior wanted to make sure I had enough experience in the area that I wanted to be in. Once I proved myself worthy of what I was capable of doing & was able to show the confidence in myself I was hired on. So many people apply for Labcorp, both internal & external, that this company is a very difficult place to get into. Once people do get in, they don't leave. We stay with Labcorp. The benefits are amazing, the pay rate above & beyond most other compaines & the people above you, regardless of your title care about their employees. Just because you "think you were qualified doesn't me you were or were not. It just means someone else hard better qualifications or they chose to hire within the company, which is their policy. To promote within. That's what keeps us here. Everyone that works for Labcorp is proud to say they are a Labcorp employee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lisa in Cary, North Carolina

13 months ago

I'm very happy to read this last comment. I just applied to LabCorp Tuesday of last week. On Wednesday I got called for an interview on Thursday night. I interviewed for cytogenetics but my lack of organic chemistry meant I wasn't a great fit so the HR person I had my first (of 2 that Thursday night) interview with forwarded my resume to the Extractions dept. Friday I got called to come in for an interview with 2 guys from that department. I feel like they went through quite a bit of trouble as they had to open two positions back up so I could apply to them before the interview with Extractions and the interview was almost informal and took about 10 minutes. On Monday I was told I was hired and I'm liking my starting pay. =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tori in Apex, North Carolina

10 months ago

Lisa in Cary, North Carolina said: I'm very happy to read this last comment. I just applied to LabCorp Tuesday of last week. On Wednesday I got called for an interview on Thursday night. I interviewed for cytogenetics but my lack of organic chemistry meant I wasn't a great fit so the HR person I had my first (of 2 that Thursday night) interview with forwarded my resume to the Extractions dept. Friday I got called to come in for an interview with 2 guys from that department. I feel like they went through quite a bit of trouble as they had to open two positions back up so I could apply to them before the interview with Extractions and the interview was almost informal and took about 10 minutes. On Monday I was told I was hired and I'm liking my starting pay. =)

Hi Lisa:

I've recently been hired by Labcorp for their Extractions department but I haven't received my formal offer yet. I'd like to know, if you don't mind sharing, what your title (Technician, Technologist or Technologist Trainee) and your starting salary was so I know what to expect.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.