LabCorp

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Robin in Miami, Florida

93 months ago

I find it funny reading the comments about Labcorp how many people think that any company owes them anything! People have to do a good job, want to work, be a team player and have the right attitude in order to be successful at any job. Most of the people in this section can't even spell. I'm not sure I want someone like that sticking a needle into me. You probably had a bad experience at LabCorp because you SUCK as an employee!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

LC in Rome, Illinois

93 months ago

Lab Corp doesn't owe me a thing except maybe an explanation as to why they have never given me a chance. I take phlebotomy SERIOUSLY,I want to do a good job,I want to work and would be a good team player and I have the right attitude. I have had the full training and TWO certifications for 3 years now and never found a job. And yes,I tried hard enough to find one but never even had an interview,where I could at least blame myself for fouling it up somehow. When I think of all those who DO a lousy job at this and yet they got hired in somehow,and stay where they are at,how do you think that makes me feel?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

leslie

92 months ago

they do owe some people. you act as though everything bad that happens is the employees fault. thats just plain unrealistic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

G L in Suwanee, Georgia

91 months ago

LC owes it's employees the continued training they need to do their jobs, for example if they change their software, they owe it to the employees to train them on how to use that software and also a source they can research when they have a question. LC also owes its employees explanations for when they change their duties, hours, etc. or deny them a raise, a transfer, etc.

LC also owes its new employees the training they need to use their customized software, most employees do get this, but not all do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

I Am LabCorp in Lexington, North Carolina

90 months ago

LabCorp does owe its people a workplace in which a job can be kept and in which advancement is possible without being subjected to management abuse, without fraudulent policies, discrimination and extortion. However, this does not seem to be the case with this company -- anymore.

It use to be a great place to work, but over the last few years LabCorp has become increasingly hostile toward the regular workers. Management seems to have forgotten through whos efforts their six figure bonases are possible.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

ZEN in Oakland, California

88 months ago

LC in Rome, Illinois said: Lab Corp doesn't owe me a thing except maybe an explanation as to why they have never given me a chance. I take phlebotomy SERIOUSLY,I want to do a good job,I want to work and would be a good team player and I have the right attitude. I have had the full training and TWO certifications for 3 years now and never found a job. And yes,I tried hard enough to find one but never even had an interview,where I could at least blame myself for fouling it up somehow. When I think of all those who DO a lousy job at this and yet they got hired in somehow,and stay where they are at,how do you think that makes me feel?

There is a reason for everything. Most times...we'll never know WHY. If you really think about it-maybe your BETTER than the place your PUSHING to be. Something or someone is trying to tell you to move on to bigger better things. If the comments have a ring of truth....you shouldnt want to be there. Besides, it kinda sounds like they want unexperienced people for a reason And the vested/almost retired out for a reason. You know how it goes- there's the under/and over qualified. NO MANAGER/SUPERVISOR wants to hire someone who could potentually have ther job. YOU ARE A THREAT TO SOMEONE THERE especially if they aren't running there business morally. Consider youself lucky for not wasting you time and talent. Take your degrees some where else. Try a hosptal..good luck :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Annoyedwithlabcorp in Statesville

77 months ago

I was an employee of Lab Corp. I enjoyed working there for the most part, never any complaints about the management or the way things where ran, it always seemed fair. Until the day my supervisor told me my office and 3 others where closing. 3 days until the last day and I still had not received my severance package. Where was the great management then, oh yeah not returning my phone calls. No package no formalities taken care of at all...Just leave your keys and don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out! I am confused is this good business ethics?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nemrac emone in Edison, New Jersey

72 months ago

Annoyedwithlabcorp in Statesville said: I was an employee of Lab Corp. I enjoyed working there for the most part, never any complaints about the management or the way things where ran, it always seemed fair. Until the day my supervisor told me my office and 3 others where closing. 3 days until the last day and I still had not received my severance package. Where was the great management then, oh yeah not returning my phone calls. No package no formalities taken care of at all...Just leave your keys and don't let the door hit you on the ass on your way out! I am confused is this good business ethics?

Was there a lawsuit filed. I have searched the internet and did not find anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Francis in Plainfield, New Jersey

60 months ago

leslie said: they do owe some people. you act as though everything bad that happens is the employees fault. thats just plain unrealistic.

Leslie,

I am in the process of unionizing much of the workforce in New Jersey LabCorp specially drivers and PSCs. for this very same reason. Do you have an email address? There will be a meeting for those interested in finding out about the union in Jan. 2010. Mine is F.marino.087@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.