Labcorp still in Business?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (10)

GG Kbows in Cincinnati, Ohio

91 months ago

The company was investigated and convicted for billing fraud by the Federal Government under their previous company name National Health, then they changed their name to Labcorp after the stock prices plunged.

The government had set a limit on how many cytology slides could be read in 24 hours to conform with studies. The lobbiest then were sent in and doubled the work load. Who pays the lobbiests? Maybe you can have your slides read in the UK they follow the studies.

A guy I heard in accounting said Labcorp bought out the laboratory where he worked and then fired everyone. Said, they weren't the competion anymore.

Know of someone in that had testing slides switched by a manager. We work on what goes around.

There's a lot of managers who don't know how to manage, you can see that from other comments. When several people complain, it's a wake up call.

I'm surprised Labcorp still is under the same name... maybe the regulatory people aren't doing their business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

leslie

90 months ago

wow that is shocking. you dont hear that at orientation lol.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Texas in Stilwell, Kansas

90 months ago

leslie said: wow that is shocking. you dont hear that at orientation lol.

You need to get the facts before you speak. Your statement is so untrue that you sound ridiculous. Roche Biomedical and National health lab merged after several months they decided to change the name. It had nothing to do with the Federal government.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

FORMER EMPLOYEE OF LABCORP in Cranford, New Jersey

88 months ago

GG Kbows in Cincinnati, Ohio said: The company was investigated and convicted for billing fraud by the Federal Government under their previous company name National Health, then they changed their name to Labcorp after the stock prices plunged.

The government had set a limit on how many cytology slides could be read in 24 hours to conform with studies. The lobbiest then were sent in and doubled the work load. Who pays the lobbiests? Maybe you can have your slides read in the UK they follow the studies.

A guy I heard in accounting said Labcorp bought out the laboratory where he worked and then fired everyone. Said, they weren't the competion anymore.

Know of someone in that had testing slides switched by a manager. We work on what goes around.

There's a lot of managers who don't know how to manage, you can see that from other comments. When several people complain, it's a wake up call.

I'm surprised Labcorp still is under the same name... maybe the regulatory people aren't doing their business.

I JUST GOT RECENLTY FIRED FROM LABCORP IN RARITAN NEW JERSEY AND YOU ARE SO RIGHT!
THEY HAVE EMPLOYEES WHO STEAL FROM LABCORP. PEOPLES INFORMATION, SOCIAL SECURITY # LOTS ..FOR THOSE PAYING CASH ...WELL IT PAYS OFF FOR THE SITE COORDINATORS AND TEAM LEADERS WHO KNOW HOW TO CLEAN IT WELL, WITHOUT LABCORP KNOWING IN NORTH CAROLINA. THE RARITAN HUMAN RESOURCES ARE A BUNCH OF THIEVES, THEY ARE ROBBING THE COMPANY AND LABCORP SHOULD FIRE ALL OF THE HUMAN RESOURCES IN RARITAN AND GET NEW ONES!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryl K in Delaware in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

88 months ago

They're nothing but a bunch of no good maggot farmers - the site I use has a lot of turnover. I really don't like using them; let the hospitals do the bloodwork; they are equipped for that, not these cockamamie outfits known as LabCorp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

johnny in Savannah, Georgia

87 months ago

National and Roche merged when they were facing prosecution by the Federal government,and one of the first things they had to do as the new company was reimburse the gov't $150 million and we didn't get payraises for 18 months because of it. I was in their Dublin facility when that went down. They pay their techs horrible money because they can get the new techs coming out of school that have interned there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mariah in Columbus, Ohio

87 months ago

Was that Dublin, Ohio? The home office?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Senior Citizen in Atlanta, Georgia

87 months ago

Cheryl K in Delaware in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I really don't like using them; let the hospitals do the bloodwork; they are equipped for that, not these cockamamie outfits ...

This is on the edge of my expertise but I was once involved with a pathology lab in the area of maintenance of their computer systems. At the time, I chatted with the pathologists and the lab workers and learned a bit about the business.

This is basically a question on my part... I was told that an analyzer machine (they called them "SMAC" back then) was quite expensive but far more efficient than doing the work individually. Isn't that the reason for using such businesses or do all hospitals have their own machines now?

I know that in any business, volume dictates the need for outsourcing work and I think it would apply here as well. Why are such businesses considered ridiculous?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

WowasiecoOkakisya in Grandview, Missouri

72 months ago

An honest and candid opinion regarding culture at LabCorp. I have worked for the US Gov (contracted and employee), and other high profile companies (if you are a company, who isn't high profile?), and for myself. I've been with this company for 13yrs;and have transferred to as many sites as I could just for the experience/culture. Candidly and honestly, the culture of the ppl in management/supervisory is shocking. If these ppl could do better I think they would. Think about it...management has to agree with supervisors because of the fear of losing their jobs, and vice versa (this happens everywhere..dah!). I'm not in management with LabCorp, and have experienced much of what I've read on this site. Ephiphany struck one day when I was being berated during a department meeting, and my response was 'I am not accepting that tone or rationale', and since that time I've received ordinary human respect. My point: anybody will continue to 'try you' if you let them, no matter where you work. I advise everyone to try a job, if you don't like it (from first hand experience), you do have options...move on;change;learn from you experience...and there are a lot more. I have seen an ernest effort from headquarters to change business practices concerning employees. Remember ppl, you can't hold a man down without being 'down' there with him..somebody gonna git tired!! I'm not just speaking of LabCorp, a n y j o b...that's the cocky prance of the beast, no matter WHERE the beast is located. Question: Would you survive a safari? How?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

RudyQ in Babylon, New York

71 months ago

Kudos to you in Missouri! I currently am employed at LabCorp 2 years, and despite the many Supervisory/Managerial changes that have transpired, THINGS ARE LOOKING UP! Your safari comment made me lol! Cause every morning at 6 am, I get a stampede of needy people, 90% just sick/upset, 10%,kinda pushy! Either way it flows, it goes. Yes, LABCORP is seriously understaffed, but the patients are PATIENT in waiting, and THIS IS NEW YORK!! The past is the past, and LabCorp is rising above. Our labs are clean, our specimens are processed accordingly, and our results get to the physician ASAP. LabCORP does NOT deserve the bad rap they get. Just for the record, the sites that I have worked have informed our staff on several occasions that we are so"kind and sweet" to them. We have been brought in boxes of candy, little things that mean a lot, just for being kind.
If we didn't care we wouldn't be doing this, and that must mean we DO care!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.