NOBODY WILL GIVE ME A CHANCE!!!!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32)

La Toya in Raleigh, North Carolina

85 months ago

I AM A (CPT)CERTIFIED PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN.BY THE NATIONAL HEALTHCAEREE ASSOCIATION WICH IS A WELL KNOWN COMPANY!
ALSO CPR AND FIRST AID CERTIFIED!I PAYED $10050.00 TO ATTEND A PRIVATE INSTITUTION IN RALEIGH N.C.I HAVE BEEN LOOKING, SEARCHING, APPLYING FOR JOBS SINCE JANUARY 2007. NO ONE WILL HIRE ME OR GIVE ME A CHANCE TO APPLY MY PHLEBOTOMY SKILLS! I HAVE TO START FROM SOMEWHERE. EVERY JOB REQUIRES THAT I HAVE 1 YEAR EXSPERIENCE! CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I GET EXPERIECE IF NO ONE WILL GIVE ME A CHANCE? I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO I DON'T WANT TO GIVE UP I JUST WANT TO BE A PHLEBOTOMIST WORKING ANY SHIFT PART TIME OR FULL! IT BOTHERS ME THAT I'M TRYING TO GET IN THE HEALTHCARE FIELD FINISHED AND COMPLETED PHLEBOTOMY AND CAN'T GET A JOB I'M SCARED TO TAKE SOMETHING ELSE BECAUSE OF THIS THAT HAS HAPPEN TO ME! CAN ANY ONE RELATE OR HELP?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Shannon in Dayton, Ohio

85 months ago

I feel your pain. I think you should try a temp agency. They could possibly get a temp job for you to get some experience.
I wish you luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

85 months ago

Guide

If you look over all the other phlebotomists forums on this site you will see that you are not alone and don't have to think that there is something wrong with you. I thought it was just ME because I have been certified for 3 years and I never found anything in this area. What I didn't know but what these schools DO know is that is can be a game of chance,that some of the students they are training will find a job easily and others will struggle. What they need to do is start having job placement as part of the program that will help the students to find something once the training ends. A good word from an established institution,such as a community college,can go a long way for a good student. It isn't fair that a lot will get a job based on their looks and personality even if they had poor grades and a bad technique in the training,but many will (at least in my class they did).
You need to say what all have you tried. A temp agency is a good idea. Blood banks,paramedical examiner companies,volunteering (in other words,extending your clinicals)-have you tried all these? Are you submitting resumes online or leaving them with HR people,and talking with them? Don't leave the applying to the Internet (one of my mistakes) and always do follow up calls,repeatedly. Stay in contact with classmates,especially the ones who found work. Don't pass up trying to get into places that "say" they want experience because a lot of them have hired just anyone in the past. DON'T give up.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

I Am LabCorp in Burlington, North Carolina

84 months ago

LC in Cleveland, Ohio said: If you look over all the other phlebotomists forums on this site you will see that you are not alone and don't have to think that there is something wrong with you. I thought it was just ME because I have been certified for 3 years and I never found anything in this area. What I didn't know but what these schools DO know is that is can be a game of chance,that some of the students they are training will find a job easily and others will struggle. What they need to do is start having job placement as part of the program that will help the students to find something once the training ends. A good word from an established institution,such as a community college,can go a long way for a good student. It isn't fair that a lot will get a job based on their looks and personality even if they had poor grades and a bad technique in the training,but many will (at least in my class they did).
You need to say what all have you tried. A temp agency is a good idea. Blood banks,paramedical examiner companies,volunteering (in other words,extending your clinicals)-have you tried all these? Are you submitting resumes online or leaving them with HR people,and talking with them? Don't leave the applying to the Internet (one of my mistakes) and always do follow up calls,repeatedly. Stay in contact with classmates,especially the ones who found work. Don't pass up trying to get into places that "say" they want experience because a lot of them have hired just anyone in the past. DON'T give up.

Don't forget to check with Teaching Hospitals, Retirement Facilities and newly opening small medical practices -- particularly those with non-American origans.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

NAYLYNN in LINDEN, New Jersey

84 months ago

I AM AN EMPLOYEE WITH LABCORP. I WANTED TO COMMENT AS TO ONE OF THE REASONS WHY YOU MAY NOT BE RECEIVING ANY RESPONSES FROM EMPLOYERS. WELL FROM WHAT I CAN SEE FROM YOUR COMMENTS, YOU SHOULD DO A SPELL CHECK ON YOUR RESUME. YOU SPELLED SEVERAL WORDS INCORRECTLY. IF YOU ARE STILL NOT RECEIVING ANY RESPONSES, CHECK YOUR STARTING SALARY REQUIREMENTS. YOU MAYBE STARTING TO HIGH. START OFF LOWER. ONCE YOU GET YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR FOR AN INTERVIEW THEN PUT THE SALARY REQUIREMENTS YOUR REQUESTING. DURING YOUR INTERVIEW PROCESS, THAT'S WHEN YOU SELL YOURSELF. LET THEM KNOW THAT YOUR AN PROFIT FOR THE COMPANY. LET ME KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT. GOOD LUCK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

NAYLYNN in LINDEN, New Jersey

84 months ago

La Toya in Raleigh, North Carolina said: I AM A (CPT)CERTIFIED PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN.BY THE NATIONAL HEALTHCAEREE ASSOCIATION WICH IS A WELL KNOWN COMPANY!
ALSO CPR AND FIRST AID CERTIFIED!I PAYED $10050.00 TO ATTEND A PRIVATE INSTITUTION IN RALEIGH N.C.I HAVE BEEN LOOKING, SEARCHING, APPLYING FOR JOBS SINCE JANUARY 2007. NO ONE WILL HIRE ME OR GIVE ME A CHANCE TO APPLY MY PHLEBOTOMY SKILLS! I HAVE TO START FROM SOMEWHERE. EVERY JOB REQUIRES THAT I HAVE 1 YEAR EXSPERIENCE! CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I GET EXPERIECE IF NO ONE WILL GIVE ME A CHANCE? I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO I DON'T WANT TO GIVE UP I JUST WANT TO BE A PHLEBOTOMIST WORKING ANY SHIFT PART TIME OR FULL! IT BOTHERS ME THAT I'M TRYING TO GET IN THE HEALTHCARE FIELD FINISHED AND COMPLETED PHLEBOTOMY AND CAN'T GET A JOB I'M SCARED TO TAKE SOMETHING ELSE BECAUSE OF THIS THAT HAS HAPPEN TO ME! CAN ANY ONE RELATE OR HELP?

I AM A LABCORP EMPLOYEE. WELL TO START OFF FROM WHAT I SEE ON YOUR COMMENTS, YOU SHOULD DO A SPELL CHECK. I NOTICED SEVERAL WORDS MISPELLED. YOU MAY ALSO NEED TO CHECK YOUR STARTING SALARY. YOU MAY HAVE A HIGH NUMBER BUT DON'T HAVE THE EXPERIENCE TO MATCH IT. IF YOU NEVER WORKED IN MEDICAL FIELD BEFORE, TRY STARTING OFF IN A DOCTOR'S OFFICE, AN OCCUPATIONAL CLINIC IF THEIR IS ONE IN YOUR AREA, A TEMP AGENCY USUALLY HELPS, OR DO VOLUNTARY WORK @ A HOSPITAL OR CLINIC TO GET SOME CLINICAL EXPERIENCE. IF YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCE OTHER THAN YOUR COMPLETION OF SCHOOL, DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED @ YOUR STARTING SALARY IF IT IS LOW. GET YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR FIRST THEN SELL YOURSELF AND LET THEM KNOW THAT YOU ARE A PROFIT FOR THE COMPANY. LABCORP WILL NOT HIRE YOU UNLESS YOU HAVE ATLEAST A YEAR EXPERIENCE UNDER YOUR BELT.(ATLEAST IN THIS AREA) I HAVE 10 YEARS EXPERIENCE AND I LEARNED A TRICK OR TWO. SO TRY THOSE THINGS I MENTIONED AND DO NOT GET DISCOURAGED. STAY FOCUSED, KEEP GOD FIRST, AND EVERYTHING WILL FALL INTO PLACE. I WISH YOU THE BEST AND LET ME HOW YOU MADE OUT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

La Toya in Raleigh, North Carolina

84 months ago

NAYLYNN in LINDEN, New Jersey said: I AM AN EMPLOYEE WITH LABCORP. I WANTED TO COMMENT AS TO ONE OF THE REASONS WHY YOU MAY NOT BE RECEIVING ANY RESPONSES FROM EMPLOYERS. WELL FROM WHAT I CAN SEE FROM YOUR COMMENTS, YOU SHOULD DO A SPELL CHECK ON YOUR RESUME. YOU SPELLED SEVERAL WORDS INCORRECTLY. IF YOU ARE STILL NOT RECEIVING ANY RESPONSES, CHECK YOUR STARTING SALARY REQUIREMENTS. YOU MAYBE STARTING TO HIGH. START OFF LOWER. ONCE YOU GET YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR FOR AN INTERVIEW THEN PUT THE SALARY REQUIREMENTS YOUR REQUESTING. DURING YOUR INTERVIEW PROCESS, THAT'S WHEN YOU SELL YOURSELF. LET THEM KNOW THAT YOUR AN PROFIT FOR THE COMPANY. LET ME KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT. GOOD LUCK.

FIRST OF ALL U NEED TO CHECK YOUR SPELLING ALSO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

La Toya in Raleigh, North Carolina

84 months ago

NAYLYNN in LINDEN, New Jersey said: I AM AN EMPLOYEE WITH LABCORP. I WANTED TO COMMENT AS TO ONE OF THE REASONS WHY YOU MAY NOT BE RECEIVING ANY RESPONSES FROM EMPLOYERS. WELL FROM WHAT I CAN SEE FROM YOUR COMMENTS, YOU SHOULD DO A SPELL CHECK ON YOUR RESUME. YOU SPELLED SEVERAL WORDS INCORRECTLY. IF YOU ARE STILL NOT RECEIVING ANY RESPONSES, CHECK YOUR STARTING SALARY REQUIREMENTS. YOU MAYBE STARTING TO HIGH. START OFF LOWER. ONCE YOU GET YOUR FOOT IN THE DOOR FOR AN INTERVIEW THEN PUT THE SALARY REQUIREMENTS YOUR REQUESTING. DURING YOUR INTERVIEW PROCESS, THAT'S WHEN YOU SELL YOURSELF. LET THEM KNOW THAT YOUR AN PROFIT FOR THE COMPANY. LET ME KNOW HOW IT TURNS OUT. GOOD LUCK.

FIST OF ALL I DO PUT GOD FIRST IN EVERYTHING I DO AND YOUR COMMENT I DON'T LIKE DON'T TELL ME HOW TO CHECK MY RESUME AND YOU SAID CLINIC IF THEIR IS ONE IN MY AREA IT'S THERE OK I SPELLED WORDS WRONG BUT YOU DON'T KNOW ME TO SAY FIST OF ALL I NEED SPELL CHECK SWEEP AROUND YOUR FRONT DOOR B-4 YOU TRY TO SWEEP AROUND MINE. YOU NEED IT ALSO! THE BLIND CAN'T LEAD THE BLIND SO WE BOTH SPELLED WORDS WRONG SO PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME ANYMORE NEGATIVE COMMENTS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

La Toya in Raleigh, North Carolina

84 months ago

I DID NOT NEED YOU TO REPLY TWICE WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY I CAN'T READ EITHER?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

NAYLYNN in LINDEN, New Jersey

84 months ago

IF I OFFENDED YOU IN ANY KIND OF WAY, I APOLOGIZED. I WAS TRYING TO BE HELPFUL. I ONLY MENTIONED THOSE THINGS BECAUSE SINCE I'VE BEEN WITH THE COMPANY, I HAVE HELPED 3 PEOPLE GET INTO LABCORP FROM THE ADVICE I'VE GIVEN TO YOU EARLIER. AGAIN I APOLOGIZE AND WISH YOU THE BEST.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Francis in Plainfield, New Jersey

57 months ago

NAYLYNN in LINDEN, New Jersey said: IF I OFFENDED YOU IN ANY KIND OF WAY, I APOLOGIZED. I WAS TRYING TO BE HELPFUL. I ONLY MENTIONED THOSE THINGS BECAUSE SINCE I'VE BEEN WITH THE COMPANY, I HAVE HELPED 3 PEOPLE GET INTO LABCORP FROM THE ADVICE I'VE GIVEN TO YOU EARLIER. AGAIN I APOLOGIZE AND WISH YOU THE BEST.

Ed,

I am in the process of unionizing much of the workforce in New Jersey LabCorp specially drivers and PSCs. for this very same reason. Do you have an email address? There will be a meeting for those interested in finding out about the union in Jan. 2010. Mine is F.marino.087@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Francis in Plainfield, New Jersey

57 months ago

NAYLYNN in LINDEN, New Jersey said: IF I OFFENDED YOU IN ANY KIND OF WAY, I APOLOGIZED. I WAS TRYING TO BE HELPFUL. I ONLY MENTIONED THOSE THINGS BECAUSE SINCE I'VE BEEN WITH THE COMPANY, I HAVE HELPED 3 PEOPLE GET INTO LABCORP FROM THE ADVICE I'VE GIVEN TO YOU EARLIER. AGAIN I APOLOGIZE AND WISH YOU THE BEST.

NAYLYNN,

I am in the process of unionizing much of the workforce in New Jersey LabCorp specially drivers and PSCs. for this very same reason. Do you have an email address? There will be a meeting for those interested in finding out about the union in Jan. 2010. Mine is F.marino.087@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Keep Hoping in Roswell, Georgia

38 months ago

Do you realize cap locks = yelling?

What does GOD have to do with her inability to find a job when the economy is slaughtering quality of life and inability to feed our children or ourselves?

We were sold a bill of goods that if we only TRIED and went to school and paid our taxes and lived a clean, good life, we could expect a decent opportunity.

Not so.

Labcorp won't give me a chance either. REJECT REJECT REJECT. One after the next.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

NEWCPT-1 in Buena Park, California

36 months ago

Hello everyone,

I'm having one heck of a time finding work as a Phlebotomy Technician. I've applied everywhere, now its just a waiting game but I get very discourage. I would appreciate any help or words of encouragement. Thanks and good luck to you all.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

grannyg in Oceanside, California

33 months ago

I hear you!! I worked for LabCorp for 3 years, and our department was closed. I was told I was marked for rehire, but all I get is rejection e-mails, saying they have decided to go with someone that is better suited for the position. Crazy thing is, the type of work I am applying for is the same type of work I did for 3 years, but I'm not qualified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Obrina in Warner Robins, Georgia

30 months ago

Keep Hoping in Roswell, Georgia said: Do you realize cap locks = yelling?

What does GOD have to do with her inability to find a job when the economy is slaughtering quality of life and inability to feed our children or ourselves?

We were sold a bill of goods that if we only TRIED and went to school and paid our taxes and lived a clean, good life, we could expect a decent opportunity.

Not so.

Labcorp won't give me a chance either. REJECT REJECT REJECT. One after the next.

Labcorp won't give me the time of day either. P.S. That resume has been checked, rechecked, reworked, rechecked, reviewed and is still being rejected everywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Obrina in Warner Robins, Georgia

30 months ago

NEWCPT-1 in Buena Park, California said: Hello everyone,

I'm having one heck of a time finding work as a Phlebotomy Technician. I've applied everywhere, now its just a waiting game but I get very discourage. I would appreciate any help or words of encouragement. Thanks and good luck to you all.

If you figure out how to get your foot in the door could you tell me? Out of school 6 months and nothing.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Katrina in Lake Elsinore, California

25 months ago

NAYLYNN in LINDEN, New Jersey said: IF I OFFENDED YOU IN ANY KIND OF WAY, I APOLOGIZED. I WAS TRYING TO BE HELPFUL. I ONLY MENTIONED THOSE THINGS BECAUSE SINCE I'VE BEEN WITH THE COMPANY, I HAVE HELPED 3 PEOPLE GET INTO LABCORP FROM THE ADVICE I'VE GIVEN TO YOU EARLIER. AGAIN I APOLOGIZE AND WISH YOU THE BEST.

Hi, I have applied with lapcorp few times, after I had completed my phlebotomy course and received my national license, though I still have not heard any responses. I have went over my resume to check any errors and also had other people read it to see if I was missing something. Couple people told me I should call the actual office in which that are hiring and I have done that just I get the same response as to apply online and wait for an email. Still nothing, I'm actually getting in volunteering too see if that add can help me find employment. I have also lower my salary expectations under of what they ask. So if you can of any give me more advice of how I can get in or just an interview. I just so excited to work and do what I have learned, it's just so disappointing when I get nothing back. thank you in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tyiina Smith in Raleigh, North Carolina

24 months ago

Hi LaToya, I realize it has been a while since you posted your concern. I am replying to you b/c I live in Raleigh and I am thinking about getting Phlebotomy training.

I want to know if you ever had success in getting into the field? If so, how long did it take?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Obrina in Macon, Georgia

24 months ago

Tyiina Smith in Raleigh, North Carolina said: Hi LaToya, I realize it has been a while since you posted your concern. I am replying to you b/c I live in Raleigh and I am thinking about getting Phlebotomy training.

I want to know if you ever had success in getting into the field? If so, how long did it take?

Don't know about La Toya but I graduated a year ago in Georgia and have nothing to show for it. Don't waste your time and money unless you already have a medical job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tyiina Smith in Raleigh, North Carolina

24 months ago

Obrina in Macon, Georgia said: Don't know about La Toya but I graduated a year ago in Georgia and have nothing to show for it. Don't waste your time and money unless you already have a medical job.

Okay, thanks for the tip!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

val in Fayetteville, North Carolina

16 months ago

I Am LabCorp in Burlington, North Carolina said: Don't forget to check with Teaching Hospitals, Retirement Facilities and newly opening small medical practices -- particularly those with non-American origans.
Im located in Fayetteville NC and cant find work nither. Labcorp is really tough to get in the door! I've done follow up call with manager also apps. I've worked for Red Cross and a Blood Center in the past. Can someone lead me in some kinda direction?..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tanisha Mosley in Hayward, California

12 months ago

I finished my Phlebotomy training class 4 years ago. I put off taking my state exam because of personal family problems. I am now ready to take my exam, is this still possible ? How long after i complete my training do they give you to take the state exam ? Is there a time limit ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Shar_tru in Redwood City, California

5 months ago

I just got my phlebotomy license and I've been trying to apply at LabCrop and they keep rejecting me . I'm not sure if it's because of my experience because I did like 2 months of clinicals at a clinic. Any suggestions ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana

5 months ago

Are they rejecting you, or is the job market for your kind of work saturated?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dontbelieveit in Crazyhorse, Indiana

5 months ago

Surely if they needed people, they wouldn't be rejecting you.
Why did you go into this line of work? Were you sure jobs were available, or were you just told that?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shar_Tru in Redwood City, California

5 months ago

I was told that their were going to be jobs. But not that I am looking there isn't any. I was maybe considering doing medical assisting perhaps but I would not like to go back to school and pay more money. I already owe to much. They message LabCorp replies to me is they are considering other candidates for this position. But there is job openings and that's why I applied.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

PABLO in Concord, California

4 months ago

THEY DID THE SAME THING TO ME,BUT I HAVE 20YRS. EXPERIENCE if I WERE YOU I FORGET ABOUT lABCORP AND MOVE ON THEY'LL BE OUT OF BUSINESS BEFORE YOU KNOW EVEN DOCTORS CAN'T STAND THE COMPANY .THEN THEY DROP PHLEBOTOMIST PAY AT LEAST $10 AND HOUR WHAT A JOKE THEN THEY TOOK OVER JOHN MUIR WHICH IS EVEN A BIGGER JOKE SO THE TWO COMPANIES TOGETHER ARE PATHETIC.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

pookie6106 in Washington, District of Columbia

1 month ago

La Toya in Raleigh, North Carolina said: I AM A (CPT)CERTIFIED PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN.BY THE NATIONAL HEALTHCAEREE ASSOCIATION WICH IS A WELL KNOWN COMPANY!
ALSO CPR AND FIRST AID CERTIFIED!I PAYED $10050.00 TO ATTEND A PRIVATE INSTITUTION IN RALEIGH N.C.I HAVE BEEN LOOKING, SEARCHING, APPLYING FOR JOBS SINCE JANUARY 2007. NO ONE WILL HIRE ME OR GIVE ME A CHANCE TO APPLY MY PHLEBOTOMY SKILLS! I HAVE TO START FROM SOMEWHERE. EVERY JOB REQUIRES THAT I HAVE 1 YEAR EXSPERIENCE! CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I GET EXPERIECE IF NO ONE WILL GIVE ME A CHANCE? I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO I DON'T WANT TO GIVE UP I JUST WANT TO BE A PHLEBOTOMIST WORKING ANY SHIFT PART TIME OR FULL! IT BOTHERS ME THAT I'M TRYING TO GET IN THE HEALTHCARE FIELD FINISHED AND COMPLETED PHLEBOTOMY AND CAN'T GET A JOB I'M SCARED TO TAKE SOMETHING ELSE BECAUSE OF THIS THAT HAS HAPPEN TO ME! CAN ANY ONE RELATE OR HELP?
d

YOU Have to Lie. I had to get someone to give me a reference and fudged my work experience. Then I got a fulltime job with American redress. They retrain you there way so u get experience the training is three months before you go on the floor alone. I had the same problem. I applied to redcross with out the fudge nothing. Little white lie got a job. It took a year and half be for I got any phlebotomy job. But now they want MA to go with your phlebotomy? Why I don't know. Good luck don't give up try what I said. They have recross in dc . Try them

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jackie bazemore in Dover, Delaware

1 month ago

Im having the same problem any ideas

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jackie bazemore in Dover, Delaware

1 month ago

I am a Certified Phlebotomy Tech, and can't find a job, I have very good customer service skills, in which you need I can handle myself very well in a Hospital Setting or Mental Health Facility or Geriatric so I don't know at this point what else to do. I have Dialysis experiance and other medical skill just like a MA but can't get a job any ideas out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Cecilia in Mullica Hill, New Jersey

9 days ago

La Toya in Raleigh, North Carolina said: I AM A (CPT)CERTIFIED PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN.BY THE NATIONAL HEALTHCAEREE ASSOCIATION WICH IS A WELL KNOWN COMPANY!
ALSO CPR AND FIRST AID CERTIFIED!I PAYED $10050.00 TO ATTEND A PRIVATE INSTITUTION IN RALEIGH N.C.I HAVE BEEN LOOKING, SEARCHING, APPLYING FOR JOBS SINCE JANUARY 2007. NO ONE WILL HIRE ME OR GIVE ME A CHANCE TO APPLY MY PHLEBOTOMY SKILLS! I HAVE TO START FROM SOMEWHERE. EVERY JOB REQUIRES THAT I HAVE 1 YEAR EXSPERIENCE! CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME HOW CAN I GET EXPERIECE IF NO ONE WILL GIVE ME A CHANCE? I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO I DON'T WANT TO GIVE UP I JUST WANT TO BE A PHLEBOTOMIST WORKING ANY SHIFT PART TIME OR FULL! IT BOTHERS ME THAT I'M TRYING TO GET IN THE HEALTHCARE FIELD FINISHED AND COMPLETED PHLEBOTOMY AND CAN'T GET A JOB I'M SCARED TO TAKE SOMETHING ELSE BECAUSE OF THIS THAT HAS HAPPEN TO ME! CAN ANY ONE RELATE OR HELP?

I know the feeling. I havent landed a job yet either and I been certified over a yr. Also did an externship thru LabCorp and they won't even hire me. Wish I could help us both. Keep trying though. GOOD LUCK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.