Not a Legitimate Job Ad

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

Will Garrick in Andrews, North Carolina

91 months ago

LabCorp periodically advertises for courier positions, yet they do not hire. Why do they keep advertising and why does indeed continue to run their ads?? After a recent ad, I was told by a courier with Labcorp that they were not hiring because there was a "freeze" on hiring. What kind of game are they playing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Will Garrick in Andrews, North Carolina

91 months ago

Will Garrick said: LabCorp periodically advertises for courier positions, yet they do not hire. Why do they keep advertising and why does indeed continue to run their ads?? After a recent ad, I was told by a courier with Labcorp that they were not hiring because there was a "freeze" on hiring. What kind of game are they playing?

I'm in Huntsville, Al, NOT Andrews, North Carolina...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jackie in Saint Louis, Missouri

91 months ago

Will Garrick said: LabCorp periodically advertises for courier positions, yet they do not hire. Why do they keep advertising and why does indeed continue to run their ads?? After a recent ad, I was told by a courier with Labcorp that they were not hiring because there was a "freeze" on hiring. What kind of game are they playing?[odd, you're right, i must have applied to at least 10 positions and never even hearsd a reply. i assumed i didn't have the experience they were looking for. i quit applying./QUOTE]

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

i intervied for the penn hills position wks went by when finally i got a hold of some one and they said oh we closed that office. why did you even interview for the job when they just closed the lab down. when i asked her questions i got the run around.i am a very good phlebotomist. and this company is crap i will definitely let people know about them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Debbie in Bradfordwoods, Pennsylvania

90 months ago

Robin said: Some people are so stupid. Do you think companies sit around boardroom tables thinking about how they can "mess with people" and ruin people's lives? Companies don't call you back because YOU ARE NOT WHAT THEY WANT! Just face it!
lab corp in pittsburg pa is a bad place to work for. thats why the are going under and are out beat by quest diagnostic thats why they are not calling people back here. do some research before you speak. know whats going on with company before you run your mouth. face that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Callie in Plum in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

89 months ago

Debbie in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: i intervied for the penn hills position wks went by when finally i got a hold of some one and they said oh we closed that office. why did you even interview for the job when they just closed the lab down. when i asked her questions i got the run around.i am a very good phlebotomist. and this company is crap i will definitely let people know about them.

When you apply for a job you do not always get it. LOL May people including myself have applied for this position. Why are you so negative? Many companies have to leave the job posting up until they fill the position. And that person starts to actually in that position working. So many things can happen. And do you think the poeple who interviewed you run the whole company and can just take the ad on and off. Come on now! Maybe you were the first one to get interviewed and he had many to follow! Do you think that a hugh company has time to call or hold you hand while they tell you that you do not have the job? Life does not work that way. Nor does any other company. Have you ever been on another job interview before? LOL
What is wrong with your job now since you are such a great phlebotomist? A positive attidude would get you a lot further in life then always crying!
PS I hope you did not use you real name, Debbie from Pittsburgh writing this! LOL What happens if they see this and the site that you want Penn hills comes open? Well, all I got to say is that I hope they hire me!! Callie from Plum!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Celia in Punxy, PA in Lexington, North Carolina

89 months ago

Debbie in Bradfordwoods, Pennsylvania said: lab corp in pittsburg pa is a bad place to work for. thats why the are going under and are out beat by quest diagnostic thats why they are not calling people back here. do some research before you speak. know whats going on with company before you run your mouth. face that.

Debbie,
If your command of the written language is anything like your venipuncture skills, I think I know why you were not hired. Perhaps some remedial English study would behoove you?
It seems as if you may lack personal skills as well.
Lab Corp is professional, competentant and growing. They are a wonderful company to work for and, as well meaning as you may be, it is coming off as sniveling and immature.
If you don't work for them, how can you accuse them of being "crap"?
Some professionalism on your part may aid in your search for employment, Dear.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

mariah in Columbus, Ohio

89 months ago

Callie, from Plum, talk about attitude!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sanna

88 months ago

Celia in Punxy, PA in Lexington, North Carolina said: Debbie,
If your command of the written language is anything like your venipuncture skills, I think I know why you were not hired. Perhaps some remedial English study would behoove you?
It seems as if you may lack personal skills as well.
Lab Corp is professional, competentant and growing. They are a wonderful company to work for and, as well meaning as you may be, it is coming off as sniveling and immature.
If you don't work for them, how can you accuse them of being "crap"?
Some professionalism on your part may aid in your search for employment, Dear.

competent

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Frustrated and Unemployed in Greensboro in Greensboro, North Carolina

88 months ago

I'm hearing a lot of bad things regarding LabCorp and Quest in NC, but does anyone know anything about Spectrum Lab? I've applied there, too, and haven't heard anything from either one of these companies. I'm 27, and I don't have lab experience, but I am in school for Biology. From what I've seen on their hiring ads, the experience is just preferred, not required. It sounded to me like they would hire someone right out of high school and train them, but I'm obviously wrong about that! LOL So, having said all that, I really just want to know if anyone knows anything about Spectrum. Thanks to everyone!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mariah in Columbus, Ohio

88 months ago

Your hearing correctly, no one has good luck with LABCORP, and I myself, have never heard of your company, lol, but has to be better than than Company!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

FORMER EMPLOYEE OF LABCORP in Cranford, New Jersey

87 months ago

Will Garrick in Andrews, North Carolina said: LabCorp periodically advertises for courier positions, yet they do not hire. Why do they keep advertising and why does indeed continue to run their ads?? After a recent ad, I was told by a courier with Labcorp that they were not hiring because there was a "freeze" on hiring. What kind of game are they playing?

THEY ARE HAVING "THE SOURCE AGENCY" WHICH IS AN EMPLOYMENT AGENCY IN EDISON, NEW JERSEY TAKING OVER THE HIRING FOR THEM. THEY LIKE TO BE PICKY ON APPEARANCE AND LIFESTYLE, IF YOU ARE A MOTHER WITH KIDS OR A CHILD OR IF YOU ARE LESBIAN YOU MAY GET A TRY AS A TEMP AND EVEN GET HIRED PERMANENT AND STAY WORKING FOR 2O YEARS.
I WOULDNT BE DESPERATE TO WORK FOR LAB CORP, THEY HAVE "COMMUNIST" RUSSIANS RUNNING THIS PLACE AND THE HUMAN RESOURCES IN RARITAN DO NOT DEAL WITH YOUR COMPLAINTS BUT DIRECT TO A LADY FROM PAYROLL TO HANDLE YOUR PROBLEMS. THEY LET SITE COORDINATORS AND TEAM LEADERS MAKE DECISIONS AND SAY LIES ABOUT AN EMPLOYEE TO GET YOU FIRED. THEY HAVE IMMATURE EMPLOYEES AND ARE BEING THREATENED BY A SITE COORDINATOR IN THE CENTRAL/NJ AREA . THEY HIRE A SUPERVISOR AND SHE IS ALSO BEING THREATENED MY THE WOMEN OF HUMAN RESOURCES WHO ARE SO UNPROFESSIONAL AND WHO SHOULD NOT BE WORKING THERE, THEY ARE RUSSIANS AND ONLY WOMEN AND LESBIANS.(NO OFFENSE TO THE GOOD LESBIANS OUT THERE).

TAKE MY ADVICE HONEY! YOU CAN DO BETTER THAN LABCORP!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Michael in Fayetteville, TN in Fayetteville, Tennessee

87 months ago

Yeah, I applied for the courier position in Huntsville,AL via the internet and the only response I got was that they received my application. I have over 10 years exp. in courier/ route delivery. They say they want an "experienced" courier, but the qualifications only list high school diploma, valid driver's license, and clean driving record. They also list the salary at $12.59/hr. Do they pay that much?
My wife's uncle has worked for Quest for 16 yrs. as a courier and he loves it! Are they any better? He didn't say anything negative about LabCorp, and of course Quest wasn't hiring.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jacob in Luthersville, Georgia

87 months ago

Maxgusdog said: Ok, if one isn't what they want, isn't there a question of professional courtesy to TELL that person so he/she won't have to wait around, wasting time?

I completely agree with Maxgusdog. Job sites should have a rejection button for employers, that will notify the applicant that he/she was rejected. The technology is there, they just gotta use it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gena in Redding, California

87 months ago

I just got a job at lab corp and its funny you talk about lesbians because thats how I got my job. Im not a lesbian but my neighbors are and they both work their. I think they are very nice and friendly people with nothing negative to say about their job. I think every corporation has some bad apples and it just depends who you have to deal with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

k in Goffstown, New Hampshire

87 months ago

Lab corp is on a hiring freeze. They always advertise positions and do not hire. I'm in the Northeast and have seen it many times.

chad in Burlington, North Carolina

86 months ago

Debbie in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: i intervied for the penn hills position wks went by when finally i got a hold of some one and they said oh we closed that office. why did you even interview for the job when they just closed the lab down. when i asked her questions i got the run around.i am a very good phlebotomist. and this company is crap i will definitely let people know about them.

There are a lot of instances where LabCorp will have a prospective client and that clietn wants a phlebotomist in their office. LabCorp will go ahead and start recruiting for a phlebotomist for that office but if the client decides not to come to LabCorp after all, then we can't hire that phlebotomist. You shoul be mad at the client for wasting everyone's time, not LabCorp.

orangecat in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

86 months ago

LabCorp does hire couriers, just try not to scratch the company car. My friend typically drove about 300 miles a day. His mom was a phlebotomist there and I think that helped. As far as getting enough experience to work there, you could try starting at a blood bank or plasma center. They have many openings and are willing to train people.

courier in Albany, New York

85 months ago

Will Garrick in Andrews, North Carolina said: LabCorp periodically advertises for courier positions, yet they do not hire. Why do they keep advertising and why does indeed continue to run their ads?? After a recent ad, I was told by a courier with Labcorp that they were not hiring because there was a "freeze" on hiring. What kind of game are they playing?

if you are looking for a job near the end of the year...you wont get it!
they always have a hiring freeze. it starts in September and last into the next year!
Its all to make the company stock look good.
they wont allow overtime ether! It always amazes me how many people will work off the clock just to get stuff done...crazy!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Melinda in Houston, Texas

73 months ago

I just found a "New Listing" for a customer Service position and found that it was already showing that it had expired! What do they do....post positions to keep people aware that they are still in business? This is a crock.

dream in Richmond, Virginia

60 months ago

IT WASN'T NO FREEZE I Am a courior now and they hire and fire if anybody would see a company always hiring that would run me away not toward they have a bad layover

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.