WRONG TOPIC

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

mel in Seattle, Washington

109 months ago

I HAD WORKED FOR LABCORP AND QUEST. HAD 22 YEARS AS A LAB TECH. I AM CURRENTLY WORKING FOR A CLINICAL RESEARCH COMPANY. I DO NOT WANT TO WORK FOR ANY OF THE COMPANY (LABCORP OR QUEST). OPTIONS FOR LAB ASSISTANTS AND PHLEBOTOMIST. THERE ARE MANY CLICAL AND PHARMACEUTICAL RESEARCH COMPANIES THAT PAY A DECENT LIVABLE WAGE. DO NOT LIMIT YOURSELF TO HOSPITALS OR LABORATORIES. THANK YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kathy in Fairforest, South Carolina

109 months ago

mel in Seattle, Washington said: I HAD WORKED FOR LABCORP AND QUEST. HAD 22 YEARS AS A LAB TECH. I AM CURRENTLY WORKING FOR A CLINICAL RESEARCH COMPANY. I DO NOT WANT TO WORK FOR ANY OF THE COMPANY (LABCORP OR QUEST). OPTIONS FOR LAB ASSISTANTS AND PHLEBOTOMIST. THERE ARE MANY CLICAL AND PHARMACEUTICAL RESEARCH COMPANIES THAT PAY A DECENT LIVABLE WAGE. DO NOT LIMIT YOURSELF TO HOSPITALS OR LABORATORIES. THANK YOU

I am living in S. Carolina, and was recently laid off from Quest Diag. after 6yrs. I have applied with many different places and either am offered a salary so low I turn down the jobs or never hear from any one. The Phlebotomy market here is Flooded with Phleb.s. I have 18yrs. exp. How do you find these "Better Jobs"? And why would you not work for the well Known Labs? Thanks for your Time!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

mel in Burton, Washington

109 months ago

the reason is,most major laboratories are flooded with lab techs and phlebotomist. The pay is not competitive,in my case I enjoy patient contact. Research companies with good sponsors (pharmaceutical companies) allows me to be more involve and learn experimental investigational medications. I do not like a factory invoronment like most major laboratories represents.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joanne in TN in Bradyville, Tennessee

105 months ago

I am a recent graduate M.L.T., have looked for over a YEAR for a job. The school where I graduate from is flooding the market, every three months with atleast 10 to 20 techs any advice on getting your foot in the door and what to say in an interview on not having lab experience and wanting it????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.